AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-21, 02:17   Link #481
Oryon

The romantic side of the series is very old-fashioned, but then, the history if passes in a medieval time.
Oryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 03:52   Link #482
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

People seem to keep forgetting that the novel which this anime is adapting, started in the late 70s.
Old 2009-07-21, 15:32   Link #483
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Feng View Post
Episode 15 was kind of hard to watch for me because the romance (both "couples") in this episode was, how do you say umm...corny.
I loved the expression on Remus' face when it cut to him from Linda and Ishtavan.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 16:11   Link #484
Blaat

Remus's expression have been pretty great ever since he turned 'evil'.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:17   Link #485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Remus's expression have been pretty great ever since he turned 'evil'.
Yeah, i've laughed quite a bit at some of them over the past few episodes. It's just so hard not to laugh when he's trying to look so serious, and badarse at the same time.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:24   Link #486
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Naris is the man first you must deceive your friends before you deceive your enemies. Mongal has eyes and ears everywhere i would not doubt that he has a plan up his sleeve and he chose the wedding on an important date of the year it must has some significance. Either way i cant wait to see what happens man im starting to feel bad for Amnelis now she is going to get soooooo screwed.

Istavan finally gets some attention he deserves from Rinda. Her first kiss and it was from Istavan interesting. Though i found it weird that all of a sudden Rinda went to liking him i felt it was her being needy and also i feel her age is still an issue but oh well im trying not to let forced relationship bother me. Not to mention he basically swore an oath of knighthood to her. I wonder how this will play out could Istavan's legend be true about him becoming a king? Problem is even if they take back the city and they live through it Remus is in line for the throne and i dont think hes going to give it up to Istavan especially with the way hes been acting lately.

The horse people were excellent light and mobile and deadly these are the kind of allies that Guin and the rest need combined with the army they are already have to take on Mongal. Im waiting to see how they react to Guin's appearance will they revere him as a god or as curse him as a demon.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:06   Link #487
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wonder how this will play out could Istavan's legend be true about him becoming a king? Problem is even if they take back the city and they live through it Remus is in line for the throne and i dont think hes going to give it up to Istavan especially with the way hes been acting lately.
The fact that Ishtavan ambitions will cause a clash between Remus and Ishtavan in the future if he marries Rinda has already been noticed by Remus. Of course, Remus could avoid this if he becomes the king just by ordering Rinda to marry someone besides Ishtavan.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 07:54   Link #488
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

It was pretty common for a sibling to murder his other sibling for the throne back in that time period and if Remus will feel threatened by Ishtavan he will either marry Rinda off to someone else or kill them both. Heck, I won't even be surprised if he even tries to kill Guin, seeing as Guin clearly prefers Rinda over Remus.

Spoiler:
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:23   Link #489
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
What is up with Remus? lol

Personally though, I prefer the new version over the old; less whiny and annoying, more manly, decisive.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:12   Link #490
Boduar

Problem with Remus is hes like a balloon ... basically all he did was inflate with a bunch of air but nothing of consequence. He can act as important as he wants but if he has nothing to back it up it just makes him look even worse than when he was on the back burner. I really really hate characters that talk big but have no personal power. At best all he has is a genius mind and I severely doubt that he is a strategical/otherwise genius.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:09   Link #491
matthra

I haven't read the novel, but it seems pretty obvious how the Istovan and Rinda thing will end, especially with her vision in the desert about when he will be crowned.

Also was I the only one who found a mid twenties guy hitting on a 14 year old girl kinnda of umm... special?
matthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:26   Link #492
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthra View Post
I haven't read the novel, but it seems pretty obvious how the Istovan and Rinda thing will end, especially with her vision in the desert about when he will be crowned.

Also was I the only one who found a mid twenties guy hitting on a 14 year old girl kinnda of umm... special?
i might have skipped that scene, do you remember what episode did she had that vision?
there is a reason she is 14 and not 12 or 13, 14 is the age on concent in Japan, so it is all good.
I wish I could find a forum somewhere where people discuss the novel, considering that the anime is only convering the first 16 novels.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-07-22 at 23:44.
Old 2009-07-22, 23:39   Link #493
silverwolf0

Not at all liking Skarl. Maybe because he is ugly, and sounds like he has an e-penis problem and is trying to yell everything billy mays style, even though his sentences are like 3 words long. The lack of animation for the desert fighting didn't help either, nor his boasting afterwards. He reminds me of King Kashu/Cashew from Record of Lodoss War, but Kashu was cooler and was named after a nut.
silverwolf0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:23   Link #494
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

This episode surprised. I never knew "loli loev pedo" was possible in this anime. I thought Rinda only thought of him as a friend.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 00:38   Link #495
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
This episode surprised. I never knew "loli loev pedo" was possible in this anime. I thought Rinda only thought of him as a friend.
i don't think she would have gotten close to him if Guin had not disappeared. Women tend to get attached to the first man that show them kindness when they are in the kind of situation rinda was. Plus Remus is not close to her either anymore, he is being distant with her, so the only one around that gave her support was Istavan
Old 2009-07-26, 03:48   Link #496
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
there is a reason she is 14 and not 12 or 13, 14 is the age on concent in Japan, so it is all good.
Linda is 14, yes. Istavan is 18 I think, or maybe almost 20, but definitely not mid-twenty. (it's often emphasized how young he is and looks.) So it's not that much of a difference and Linda is also quite mature for her age.
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 17:02   Link #497
golthin

ep 17

Spoiler for ep 17 and Neris' plan:

Last edited by golthin; 2009-07-26 at 17:18.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:04   Link #498
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I can't wait till Remus and Istovan fight for the throne....or I hope they do.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 17:09   Link #499
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I doubt that will happen just yet, I dont think it will appear in the anime atleast, and I wonder if it has appeared in the light novel???

Also has there bin any news on wether the Light novel was dropped completely or will someone take over who is knowledgeable over the story and worked close with the deceased author?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 19:16   Link #500
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Also has there bin any news on wether the Light novel was dropped completely or will someone take over who is knowledgeable over the story and worked close with the deceased author?
Just a rumour about the husband and somone that had worked with the author before finishing the story. Nothing official

Tags
adventure, fantasy, satelight