AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 38 38.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.01%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.01%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-24, 04:04   Link #141
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
In my opinion, the new song is great. It shows viewers how mature their music and themselves have gotten all together. Props to Mio for her awesome angelic "pitch bending" vocals. ^_^
Old 2010-05-24, 12:25   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
In my opinion, the new song is great. It shows viewers how mature their music and themselves have gotten all together. Props to Mio for her awesome angelic "pitch bending" vocals. ^_^
Thanks... I keep looking for a way to describe what I like about her voice. Angelic pitch-bending vocals is just about perfect. That tail-off on notes mesmerizes me in some primitive way.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-25 at 03:02. Reason: removed off topic part
Old 2010-05-24, 18:11   Link #143
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

I liked the music a lot this time.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-25 at 03:02. Reason: removed off topic part
Old 2010-05-24, 18:43   Link #144
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Anyways, you know in the first scene of this episode where they show Nodoka? I'm wondering is there anyone else who is a part of the student counsel?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-25 at 03:03. Reason: removed off topic part
Old 2010-05-24, 19:02   Link #145
kitten320

I think that in first season we did see some people in the counsel.
Old 2010-05-24, 20:01   Link #146
Skull Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Really? No Megumi Sokabe fans? Well, then allow me to take that glorious position!

She's awesome, and present version made me drool. We need more anime based around people passed their teens.
Count me in.

I also like the way she tried to hide the fact that she was, the reason for the whole fiasco. Who would've thought that she'd be Mio's Fanclub Member 001 ?
Old 2010-05-24, 23:23   Link #147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

I wonder if they'll do a Mugi centric ep after focusing on the other few. i didn't watch the preview of this week's ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-25 at 02:59. Reason: largely off topic part removed
Old 2010-05-24, 23:38   Link #148
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I wonder if they'll do a Mugi centric ep after focusing on the other few. i didn't watch the preview of this week's ep.
I'm pretty sure they will do a Mugi centric ep because she mentioned that she's working on a new song in episode 3. So I figure that whenever that song pops up that ep will be about Mugi somehow or another.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-25 at 02:59. Reason: largely off topic parts removed
Old 2010-05-25, 19:56   Link #149
wingman32x

Great episode. It had a really "Feel good" moment twords the end when Azusa sent the photo to the old president. I liked how Yui and Ritsu kept teasing her with the scary story questions. The new song was good. Overall a really good episode.

I give it a 9/10.
Old 2010-05-27, 23:29   Link #150
vozenpop
Yui&!

Best episode yet. I'm fine with K-On! becoming a slice of life anime if every episode is this cute and charming.
Old 2010-05-28, 11:48   Link #151
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Pure Pure Heart is proving to be this season's best so far. Nice poem Mio
Old 2010-05-28, 13:42   Link #152
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

The yuri is strong in this one. More Megumi would be nice, though I doubt that will happen.

Strangely enough, it took me numerous listens to get friendly with Pure Pure Heart. It might be the instrumentation, I guess it could've been done better. I mean, the keyboard shouldn't be drowned out by the guitars because IMHO it's the strongest part of the song. I needed a piano rendition to figure out the beauty of the song. But that's just me, and the fact that I grew up with the piano, thus I'm more attuned to it than any other instrument. I did appreciate less sugary fluff on the lyrics this time.
Closed Thread