AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 21:15   Link #3001
tsunade666

^If its potential then its initial stats a student because even if its the rate of improvement that we are talking about. There are fast learner and slow learner and even geniuses that even with slight work can excel -_- so if she really is one of those geniuses that can excel then a little push is all that matter. Heck she was tricked to give her dna map to those bastard scientist. Its a matter of how they do it but the important things is if she has the initial potential.

And right back at thinking she is a student. Then think of her as a genius then you can get the answer that is needed if she can become a level 5 or not. Ones a genius stays a genius. Hard worker can exert a lot of effort but its cannot compare when a genius exert the same amount of effort.

lets face it. Life is not fair. Even our initial stats are different from each other.
Old 2013-03-23, 23:18   Link #3002
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Back info in my story:

Skill-up(Esper Gang), Skill-Out(Level 0 Gang), Level 6 Shift.

No matter how you see it, level 6 shift felt like something which came from a RPG where experience can level up a character. Sounds illogical until one look into Esper Gang.

Esper gang (Skill-Up) are formed by a groups of Espers who decide to abuse their power and extort others for either favor or money. Due to the numbers, eventually, two gangs end up having their Territory overlapped and they do what any territorial animals would do: fight it out.

Due to the constant fighting, another group rise up. It was a group of level 0 who are sicked of being oppressed by the Skill-up and decided to stand up against them.(AKA: Skill-Out)

The Higher-up originally wanted to stamp both Skill-Up and Skill-Out completely out at first until the System Scan revealed that members of Skill-Up (as well as those who is always caught up in the Fight between the two) is always one level higher than normal Esper undergoing the Esper program.

It was believed due to the constant fighting and life-threatening situation, an Esper was forced to adapt/evolve their power to survive, resulting in higher level.

So just like another Academy City projects, the gangs are given the name Skill-Up (Bring Skill up) and Skill-Out (Bring Skill Out) and treated by the Higher-up as part of an experiment. (which is why the Authority turn blind eyes to Skill-out)

The higher-up left them be... That is until things spiral out of control (their control) completely. The collateral damages cause by both is too much. Eventually, they create Anti-skill and Judgement(Due to insufficient manpower in Anti-Skill) to bring down the number of gangs to manageable level.

The raids by the Judgement and Anti-Skill was proven to be rather successful and eventually the number of Skill-Up dropped to near extinction (due to an Esper being easier to track down using their AIM field).

However due to the difficulty of tracking non-esper, Skill-Out still remain strong even after numerous raids by Judgement and Anti-Skill.

=

Using this as reference (that fighting can effectively level up an Esper), the Tree Diagram proposed a battle between Level 5s to achieve Level 6. However due to limitation of reality(namely not enough level 5 and inability to create level 5 clones), an alternative (Radio Noise) is proposed and approved by the Director himself.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-23 at 23:34.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 01:29   Link #3003
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does the name Sakamoto Juni sound like it'd fit in?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 02:00   Link #3004
tsunade666

^name of the girl? why Juni?
how about find a name that has multiple meaning or has meaning. Kanji combination that has meaning are usually used in Index. Like kamijou for an example.
Old 2013-03-24, 02:07   Link #3005
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm dunni. Just sounded nice I suppose. "Ju" for 10 and "ni" for 2. There was no real deep meaning I suppose.
Old 2013-03-24, 03:15   Link #3006
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

All that isn't very important though, just name them whatever you want.

Naming is one of the few things I could let slide because it doesn't really affect the setting.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 08:51   Link #3007
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Myoubara Hime

>.>

Literally made of four kanji:

Myou - odd, miraculous, strange, excellent

Bara/hara - plain, field, meadow

Hi - false

Me - eyes

though hime is normally read as princess

Old 2013-03-24, 10:05   Link #3008
agetreme
Just another Idiot

O_O Wow.... no comment/protest/argument about that Skill-Up?

Putting it in.

Edit: meh too late

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-24 at 11:34.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:43   Link #3009
tsunade666

Nope, no comment on skill up. its actually okay if there are actually higher level bullies. its justify the skill out.

the name Myoubara Hime is also good. it has meaning behind it and a double meaning for hime. good good
Old 2013-03-24, 11:07   Link #3010
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I translate three ways. "Princess of the great lands.", "Eyes of the fake wonderland.", "princess of wonderland."

It's funny that I named her princess but she's a competent brawler in her own right.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-24 at 11:33.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:35   Link #3011
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Need checking:

Spoiler for Esper Ability (two of them):

Just checking if their level match their ability

Edit: About Skill Out in the previous description.... They think they are rebelling against an unfair system but unknowingly played into the Higher-up's hand just by doing their part (as rebels fighting against Esper, forcing Espers to level up)

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-24 at 13:36.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:43   Link #3012
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The first skill would be leveled pending on how big an impact it generates. Then again tiny misvalues can vcause big issues. Take Kuroko's teleporting for example @_@

The second skill is odd, feels like a high level 2 but 3 seems to fit the bill enough.

Then again I'm not too proficient with toaru lore
Old 2013-03-24, 11:59   Link #3013
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The first skill would be leveled pending on how big an impact it generates. Then again tiny misvalues can vcause big issues. Take Kuroko's teleporting for example @_@

The second skill is odd, feels like a high level 2 but 3 seems to fit the bill enough.

Then again I'm not too proficient with toaru lore
May be the First Skill I should lower it to something weaker like "difficulty in performing calculation?"

Second Skill actually has range limitation (albeit quite a long range, about 500 meter). It is level 3 due to its sheer usefulness.... it's like shape-shifting (without the requirement to change voice or appearance.) and mind manipulation (tricking others into helping you) combined.

Edit: Oh.... about mind manipulation.... It IS mind manipulation....which means his ability is technically long range version of Misaki's Mental Out....only without memory alteration.

Edit: I just thought of it but without memory alteration.....it means that anybody who is cautious enough will eventually deduced/see through the Esper's illusion.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:04   Link #3014
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about just make it produce static white noise directly in people's brains? That's annoying and keeps people from calculating properly
Old 2013-03-24, 12:05   Link #3015
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
How about just make it produce static white noise directly in people's brains? That's annoying and keeps people from calculating properly
Yea, that will do.

(Editing previous entry)
Old 2013-03-24, 12:09   Link #3016
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Imagine Accelerator trying to do his intense calc while he keeps hearing direct brain feed TV static. The results are both golden and horrifyingly red in my imagination =))
Old 2013-03-24, 12:12   Link #3017
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Imagine Accelerator trying to do his intense calc while he keeps hearing direct brain feed TV static. The results are both golden and horrifyingly red in my imagination =))
Alternatively, it will annoyed/pissed off Accelerator enough to swear to slaughter the Esper.

Which is good. The Esper with that ability, has certain "talent" for causing trouble and isn't known for having good luck.

Edit: Altering it to affect non-esper too... Except that since they don't do intense calculation, the effect it has on them is minimal.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:22   Link #3018
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A bit of expansion on Hime.

Hime wears both contacts and glasses to keep EoA sealed. With the glasses on, she can only see powerful premonitions or thoughts that spasm out of people. When she only wears the contacts, she can see some things if she concentrates hard enough. But emotions and thoughts as well as faint fate lines already appear naturally. Her eyes progressively get stronger and eventually Alice will become more prominent.

Hime's days of being bullied have allowed her some exercise in the ways of hitting people with her fist. She is quick and uses the premonitions from her eyes as an advantage. However years of seeing these premonitions and the body language they equate to already give Hime a rough idea of a person's average actions and the time it takes for the tell to turn into an attack. Negating the thought of her eyes being the sole reason as to why she comes out on top of a back alley brawl.

Edit: @age: it should still annoy the crap outta them though. Static noise after all haha.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:54   Link #3019
Haigon

Quote:
Hime wears both contacts and glasses to keep EoA sealed.
Reminds me of Nasuverse (Fate, Tsukihima, etc.)
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:35   Link #3020
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
A bit of expansion on Hime.

Edit: @age: it should still annoy the crap outta them though. Static noise after all haha.
Nah, not so much for normal people because I wanted to keep it at level 1.... Static noise probably manifest exclusive for Esper (since it create static noise in Personal Reality through AIM field).

but it is still distracting for normal people though. The power give off the ominous feeling that the Esper did something..... (which may cause them to panic).

Edit: Edited the ability post.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction