AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-25, 13:16   Link #1
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Pokémon Sun & Moon (+ultra versions)[3DS]

The name of the new Pokémon, more to come this Friday on nintendo direct.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dail...-europe/.99082
Old 2016-02-25, 13:51   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can hear the trumpets already.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 14:19   Link #3
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

This could be fake, just saying. Gray and Delta Emerald were "trademarked" before and we know how that turned out.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 15:06   Link #4
MCAL

So what's next? Planets?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 15:30   Link #5
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I take it back pokemon-sunmoon.com
Looks like it's registered by Nintendo.
Old 2016-02-25, 16:50   Link #6
Homura7

Masuda tweeted a photo of the Moon. He also says "the Sun is still bright" *laughs*
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 17:08   Link #7
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

As if there wasn't enough evidence, for those who don't want to do it, here's some info on that website.
Old 2016-02-25, 17:20   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_...227/index.html
Pokemon Direct for the Japanese 3DS on the 27th

Thanks to Monster Hunter and Stella Glow and Fire Emblem, I ended up never getting the Ruby/Sapphire remake... If they cut down or remove the Mega evolution, I'd be so happy, but...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:04   Link #9
Chosen_Hero

^You do know you are not forced to use Mega Evolution, right? Heck, I use my Lucario (without Mega Evolving) to defeat other Megas.

Anyways, I might die during the direct while (possibly) watching the trailer.
Old 2016-02-25, 19:12   Link #10
GDB

I'll keep an eye out, but Pokemon's been dead to me since Black/White. X/Y had a chance to pull me back with a clean slate, but the Pokebank killed it.

We'll see how things go.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 19:16   Link #11
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'm personally more interested in whether this will still be 6th gen or not. There's quite a few loose ends with 6th gen for them to start a new one, especially with Nintendo's new console hybrid thing coming out soon.
Old 2016-02-25, 19:23   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^You do know you are not forced to use Mega Evolution, right? Heck, I use my Lucario (without Mega Evolving) to defeat other Megas.

Anyways, I might die during the direct while (possibly) watching the trailer.
Unfortunately, there isn't an option to ban Megas online. (And no, I don't do Smogon or whatever)
It's especially bad because some Pokemon get stronger and it keeps on inflating. And because of that, weaker Pokemon like Beautifly become harder and harder to use. So I'm hoping for some well-needed deflation in the next game, but...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2016-02-25, 19:51   Link #13
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't an option to ban Megas online. (And no, I don't do Smogon or whatever)
It's especially bad because some Pokemon get stronger and it keeps on inflating. And because of that, weaker Pokemon like Beautifly become harder and harder to use. So I'm hoping for some well-needed deflation in the next game, but...
I don't use smogon either, if I do check on it it's just to see what are the best stats of a Pokémon I want to try using and I still win Battle Spot matches, the problem in battles online isn't the Mega Evolutions but the copy/paste teams made up of clearly superior (or outright broken) Pokémon like Kangaskhan, if anything blame Nintendo (and GameFreak) for allowing people to exploit them the way they do and not making their own tiering system to balance the overall meta for wifi battles (one of the reasons I like smogon for).
Old 2016-02-25, 20:14   Link #14
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I don't use smogon either, if I do check on it it's just to see what are the best stats of a Pokémon I want to try using and I still win Battle Spot matches, the problem in battles online isn't the Mega Evolutions but the copy/paste teams made up of clearly superior (or outright broken) Pokémon like Kangaskhan, if anything blame Nintendo (and GameFreak) for allowing people to exploit them the way they do and not making their own tiering system to balance the overall meta for wifi battles (one of the reasons I like smogon for).
Meh, that's people for you. Shiek, Shadolls, Cloyster, running Earth deck... No matter what game you go to, that's people for you.
Of course you have games like Kid Icarus with good balance where popular weapons change over time without any type of patching, but it's hard.

One of the reasons I loved using unique movesets. People only expect the common (can't blame them), so it really has tasty results.
Togekiss' Tri Attack freezing a Magnezone coming in against Air Slash
Life Orb Double Edge Porygon 2 sweeping after a Trick Room
Shedinja using HP Fire on a Ferrothorn that came in to accept a physical attack
Using a Regi team
Man, those fun days. And of course, I bred everything or grinded for them. The satisfaction of getting a good XD Pokemon!

Old 2016-02-25, 20:28   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So basically you hate it because your favorite Pokémon are weak?

Because the entire idea behind Mega Evolution was to give life to older favorites.

Charizard was unusable before Mega Evolution, and so was Kangaskhan.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 21:01   Link #16
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I'm personally more interested in whether this will still be 6th gen or not. There's quite a few loose ends with 6th gen for them to start a new one, especially with Nintendo's new console hybrid thing coming out soon.
Yeah, that seems to be the big question here. Continuing Gen VI under entirely different game titles sounds odd (at least it does under the assumption that these games would be standing in for the obligatory third version), but then, so does moving on to Gen VII and leaving Zygarde--and possibly Ash Greninja--in the dust.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 21:06   Link #17
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the big question here. Continuing Gen VI under entirely different game titles sounds odd (at least it does under the assumption that these games would be standing in for the obligatory third version), but then, so does moving on to Gen VII and leaving Zygarde--and possibly Ash Greninja--in the dust.
Well Gamefreak has proven they're quite unpredictable and that there is in fact no pattern, after BW2, so maybe we'll get Sun/Moon and also Z later on.
Old 2016-02-25, 22:00   Link #18
Galaxian

Me waiting for the Pokemon Direct 12 hours from now...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-25, 22:46   Link #19
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
I think barring this being a Red Sun/ Blue Moon (the logos have the right color scheme for that), it is likely the next gen.
Old 2016-02-25, 23:38   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy