AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-07, 09:53   Link #2761
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
it seems that the stage of history is a castle known to be used in Shakespeare tragedies.
Really? will we witness a love story with a tragic end?

Mikoto should kill Othinus in a fit of jealousy, Touma kills Mikoto in a fit of rage, Accelerator arriving at the place to see this scene and kills Touma, Fiamma kills Accelerator and Hamazura becomes the protagonist.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:01   Link #2762
LG-MAX

Quote:
hamazura was punched, terrorist was punched, tsuchimikado was punched, Thor should be punched, rensa was not punched in round 1, aogami struggled and in street-fight manner defeated....
well, you clearly hate Touma and makes such a superficial analysison it as a 5 year old about justice and evil, that your logic can be used on any character, just replace punch by shock / reflected / etc.

Quote:
thanks, i guess they are spoilers for NT10 right? are they real? (they can also be fake right?)
it are not spoilers, it's just a complete synopsis, the spoiler should only leave at the end of the month.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:05   Link #2763
LG-MAX

Quote:
from JS06
>New Testament To Aru Majutsu no Index (10)
>Author/Kamachi Kazuma Illustrations/Haimura Kiyotaka Price(360 yen + tax)
>Kamijou Touma has made an enemy of the entire world to save Magic God Othinus.
>His previously reliable allies, the highly influential people, the espers, the magicians, and everyone else now attack him as "powerful enemies".
>This battle has the lowest odds of survival and seems the most hopeless of any other in his life.
>In other words, the world Kamijou has returned to is the same as "that hell".
>But he does not give in. He is not alone this time.
>There is a way to save Othinus from the world. Namely, to neutralize her powers.
>To return her to human, he must retrieve the eye of the magic god from Mímir's Well which is in an old castle in Denmark.
>Now he has a set objective.
>Kamijou fights to protect the life and smile of a single girl.

360 yen? this volume will be less than NT 2?
Old 2014-04-07, 10:17   Link #2764
Birdway
Banned

^
Inb4, death flag.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:20   Link #2765
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Espers? The Espers?! There's only one Esper within a hundred blocks of Ground Zero, don't tell me Academy City suddenly start sending in reinforcement.

Well I guess people were right in speculating that the trick out of this is to remove Othinus' status of Magic God, but Denmark seem rather random.

Quote:
But he does not give in. He is not alone this time.
I really hope this refers to more than just Othinus.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:20   Link #2766
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
360 yen? this volume will be less than NT 2?
Mixed the 6 & 3, It's 630 yen + tax
Old 2014-04-07, 10:22   Link #2767
LG-MAX

Quote:
Well I guess people were right in speculating that the trick out of this is to remove Othinus' status of Magic God, but Denmark seem rather random.
in a Japanese blog, there is an analysis on this choice.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:23   Link #2768
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
in the eastern it is often common to see such MC's (i think) but for the west touma is horrible, they see:
1. a MC which speeks about ideals (which are/should be completly clear) to pitiful retarded beings....
2. he cant do any fight which is on his own (which is not bad on his own if it happens 60% of the time but for touma it is all the time)
3. he can only negate (which is also not completly bad but this is really everything)
4. he has not the slightest "cool-move" which lets people say: oohhhh, cool (except the moments where dragon/IT shows up)
5. his attacks are out of logic since he ends every fight with a single punch, it works a few times agaisnt weak enemys but agaisnt everyone?? (this lets others think that the author simply needed touma to win therefore he was able to win)
6. the only "attack" is a simple punch with his average right hand and average high-school boy body
And LevelSeven's bias shows through. Who knew

What you are describing is in no way representative of the tastes for hero in the west, this is blatantly the tastes of a preteen boy. I'm on my phone so I can't write too much examples, but from the top of my head I have the protags of Codex Alera and Ranger's Apprentice as a counterexamples to your definition of MCs people like. Even better, MxO, a manga about a guy who can only negate magic, was more popular with Western readers than Japanese, which is how it got axed in Japan.

So yeah, check your bias for steroids.

Also, I believe in the spoilers (well, more like a sypnosis)
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-07, 10:31   Link #2769
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The Espers? The Espers?! There's only one Esper within a hundred blocks of Ground Zero, don't tell me Academy City suddenly start sending in reinforcement.

Index and Mikoto?
Old 2014-04-07, 10:35   Link #2770
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's a synopsis, not a spoiler, those things are always legit but not always 100% reflecting the final product lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
in a Japanese blog, there is an analysis on this choice.
Alright, if there is a reason then fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Index and Mikoto?
It seems obvious, but honestly I'm holding my breath when it comes to Kamachi for these things.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:41   Link #2771
tsunade666

I don't know but I feel its pretty random thing. Return her to being human? isn't her state already unstable thanks to fairy spear? plus she's injured and denmark? that is not something that is near or like next neighbor. You will need airplane transportation here.

I hope tsuchimikado will show up and drop rope for kamijou and kamijou will carry othinus with him and fly off with the sonic bomber of academy city to denmark.

it will be like die hard movies. explosions here and there and lightning here and there and tsun tsun tsun here and tsun everywhere.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:45   Link #2772
Birdway
Banned

So Touma manages to return Othinus to human only to get her killed? (this trip is practically a spoiler for the magic side about how to became a magic god and Othinus has the knowledge of the process so you have to choose between killing her or capturing her to prevent leaks).
Capturing her is equal to a fate worse han dead.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:55   Link #2773
LG-MAX

I understand why we only have this synopsis of the NT 10 , we should discuss based on this, until leave something more concrete, but we know that synopses lie or do not pass the right idea of the situation, this already a old game.
Old 2014-04-07, 11:22   Link #2774
runset

Quote:

do you forget about will and all of the clone? it wouldn't be weird if the clone already prepared a private plane for both them to fly to denmark.

The main problem is, how do he get past all of the "enemy" around him?
Old 2014-04-07, 11:29   Link #2775
WiliamZ0

I think I understand what make Touma took that chance. If Othinus became human again, the force clashed between Gungir power and Fairy Stake gonna gone. But again, can he do it this time? Considering he gonna faced those 'monsters' from the past

Boss Rush all the way XD
Old 2014-04-07, 11:38   Link #2776
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Espers? What are you talOHCRAP! Spoilers! That's it, I'm out.

See ya next month.
Old 2014-04-07, 11:56   Link #2777
LevelSeven

Quote:
And LevelSeven's bias shows through. Who knew

What you are describing is in no way representative of the tastes for hero in the west, this is blatantly the tastes of a preteen boy. I'm on my phone so I can't write too much examples, but from the top of my head I have the protags of Codex Alera and Ranger's Apprentice as a counterexamples to your definition of MCs people like. Even better, MxO, a manga about a guy who can only negate magic, was more popular with Western readers than Japanese, which is how it got axed in Japan.
AAALLLLLLLLFICTION im really angry to you right now, REALLY ANGRY....

i dont know if you make this on purpose but do you stop reading in the half of a post????

havent i wrote that this is ONLY WHAT I THINK???????
lets see............................................... ................................................. OOOHHHHH I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

EDIT: even if this is the true goal for NT10 im still confused about how they will save othinus, they turn her inot a human which makes it MUCH easier to kill her, nevermind lets see if it is true

Quote:
do you forget about will and all of the clone? it wouldn't be weird if the clone already prepared a private plane for both them to fly to denmark.
how should they know that touma needs to go to denmark???
their isnt any clone in his near which could hear what othinus is saying, in the case that she was the one who told him how she could be saved....

at least this makes it really confusing, her powers seemed to have a "core" which is really strange since why wouldnt ollerus destoy the "core" of othinus?? im sure he knows what is needed to evolve into a majin, and even if this place is saved trough a magical shield im sure after he met touma and IB he wouldnt hestitate to use him for this stuff....
Old 2014-04-07, 12:27   Link #2778
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's a bit unclear how everything is going to play out, but instead lets just focus on what concrete facts we can discern. For one thing I'm interested in this castle in Denmark and the eye of the Magic God... Because I can't help but visualize them just popping her eye back in and calling it a day lol.
Old 2014-04-07, 12:50   Link #2779
LevelSeven

^ mmmhhh this is symbolically for something else??

they could say eye but what they will find is a glowing small ball which needs to be destroyed through IB, maybe dragon/IT will show up and handle it
Old 2014-04-07, 13:10   Link #2780
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Index would stay by his side. It just seems way too out character for her to go against him after everything that's happened between them.

Mikoto would probably go all tsun-tsun and help him.

Birdy and Lessar would be enemies (at first).

Misaki would probably help him from behind the scenes (just a guess).

Accelerator is a toss-up but will probably help as a result of Will-tan's involvement.

Thor...not sure. Would probably attack just for the hell of it. Considering this line from NT6 at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT6 Epilogue
Things would be different if that boy could grow to be his next stepping stone.
Well...Let's speculate who will help and who will attack.

Quote:
It's a bit unclear how everything is going to play out, but instead lets just focus on what concrete facts we can discern. For one thing I'm interested in this castle in Denmark and the eye of the Magic God... Because I can't help but visualize them just popping her eye back in and calling it a day lol.
I imagine it's something along the lines of the eye has become a spiritual item necessary to negate her knowledge and powers. Obviously, it's no longer functional as an eye but it would likely be functional as a spiritual item.

Tags
novel predictions