AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-12-03, 19:40   Link #21
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

As usual, I have the habit of watching a few things each season, a lot fewer than some of other people on here do, but anyway, stuff that looks interesting to me:

Definitely going to continue watching Gate. There is a certain scene from the manga that I'm am particularly looking forward to seeing in the anime. Saying anymore would be spoilers for those that have not read the manga, though.

As for new stuff, Ajin looks like it might be interesting.

Also will probably take a look at Boku Dake Inai Machi- sounds interesting from the description, getting a definite Steins;Gate vibe from it.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-04, 01:02   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Sorry if this is off topic but is Macross Delta actually a full Winter show?

I only remember the series' special to be aired but not entirely sure if the TV series' episodes will air each week in Winter.
Yeah it's just a new years eve tv special, which will probably have a cut of the first episode. Wonder if it will be extended cut like Frontier's Christmas Day Deculture First Episode.

Considering Frontier did something similar, Delta should be a Spring 2016 series.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 22:29   Link #23
Top Sergeant

I'll be following Gate, Iron Blooded Orphans, Utawarerumono, Red Haired Snow White, Heavy Object, and Schwarzesmarken.

I want to check out Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, Active Raid, Dagashi Kashi, and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar. And maybe Ajin.

Looks like I'll have plenty to watch!
Old 2015-12-11, 19:26   Link #24
MCAL

Active Raid (Code Geass Expectations)
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Season 2 (High Expectations)
Ao no Kanata no 4 Rhythm (Moderate Expectations)
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (High Expectations)
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (LN Wildcard)
Haruchika (Moderate Expectations)
Muv Luv Schwarzesmarken (Moderate Expectations)
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu (Moderate to High Expectations)
Rakugou Shinju (Moderate to High Expectations)

And I'll be watching Fairy Tail Zero, though I think its part of the main series.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 23:34   Link #25
Alf

High expectation:
Ajin(Fri) - The idea is interesting. The formula of this show seems hard to go wrong
Dimension W(Sun) - The PV gives a vibe of good show of bounty hunter type.
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu(Fri) - By the information on the official site and PV, there seems to be some depth to this. The problem is whether or not I get the humour of Rakugo.

Moderate expectation:
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi(Thu) - This one seems famous. The art style is a little strange for animation though.
Dagashi Kashi(Thu) - The setting seems interesting, and the art looks good. But the timing of dialogue in the PV is strange.
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar(Sun) - Being thrown in a fantasy world without anything including memories may make some interesting twist?

Watch out for:
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm(Mon) - Don't know why I feel somewhat interested, perhaps because it's been a while since I last watched eroge adapted anime.
Haruchika: Haruta and Chika are having youth(Wed) - Music & mystery anime by PA works. But not going to compare it with Eupho in terms of quality.
Macross Delta(Thu???) - The setting this time is not that attractive, but still watching out for Macross.
Muvluv Alternative Schwarzesmarken(Sun) - Muvluv anime screws up a lot, but there's potential to that setting.

Carryovers:
Gate(Fri), Gundam IBO(Sun), Utaware Itsuwari(Sat)

Since all except Gundam are late night shows, they're actually available only on the next day. There seems to be too many Sunday shows so may drop some of them or some weekday shows. There are also too many Thu and Fri shows for watching at weekend so some of them might be out as well even expectation for many of them are high.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 02:52   Link #26
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Most interesting thing is that my favourite studio JC Staff isn't doing any new anime this coming cour. Well, they IMO pretty much dominated 2015 overall as a consistent studio (ALL 5 of their productions are cream of the crop), so I can give them some leeway but can't lie that I was looking forward to their next new series.

So, looking at the list, I would say my #1 most anticipated series would be Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. Not only do I really like Noitamina shows in that they tend to go against the norm in anime, but A-1 usually does the shows that I like the most in that bloc. Most importantly, the source is heavily recommended by my friends and that it didn't earn nominations for two different awards for no good reason. Doesn't hurt that it's all about (judging by the synopsis) a guy trying to save his childhood friend...

Speaking of which, stuff that has or highly suspected to have childhood friends:
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mesuzu - a more serious Saekano that focuses more on the actual process of making LNs? Written by Tanaka Romeo, the only other LN writer that I know by name? If it wasn't the fact that the game hasn't been released yet, this would've been my #1. But as it is, I'm wary that the series will not properly tell a story with an acceptable ending, since it is supposed to be an ad for the game.

Phantom World - I thought that this would fly by my radar, but one of the PVs shows the MC talking to someone as a kid. So with last year's Euphonium and their upcoming Koe no Katachi movie, I'm interested if KyoAni finally has taking a liking to telling stories with childhood friends XD

HaruChika - I normally am into PA works more than KyoAni, but I'm still stocking up my ammo for the 2nd season of Euphonium. So I'm a bit hesitant to want to see this, considering that the childhood friend couple ship (despite being the titular characters) is against the Yaoi ship this time araound

Norn 9 - I know there are three heroines, two of which has a childhood friend LI, and one of them seems to be the frontrunner. This is my shining hope to get a win this cour, but knowing its based on an otome game, I'm not even sure they'll go for a proper ending. >_>

Dagashi Kashi - I'm not gonna lie, I've liked manic pixie dream girls since Haruhi, so I can probably go through this anime despite the heroine being the rival for the childhood friend

Mechas that I'm going to check out:
Active Raid
Muv Luv Prequel

Other Stuff that caught my eye
Reikenzan - but Studio Deen? I haven't truly enjoyed any TV series from them since 2009's Seitokai no Ichizon, and that wasn't anything hard to animate (and this one looks to be fantasy action)

Showa Genroku Rakugo - see above... why does Deen get these two off-beat shows? Doesn't help they're doing a third series at the same time...

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - so, basically Log Horizon in hardcore mode? I'm so in....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 12:58   Link #27
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

So far, these are the ones I'm going to watch for sure from this season:

- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (2nd season)
A pleasant suprise in the Summer 2015 season - surely looking forward for more stories out of this

- Assassination Classroom (2nd season)
The first season was already bombastic - let's see what they'll have to offer in its second season

- Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Although it seems to be one more harem-like animated series, the premise is a bit different from the usual animated series of such genre. It got me interested (especially after reading the first chapters of the manga)

I'll take a look at Dagashi Kashi and Dimension W too - but those aren't certain yet...

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2015-12-24 at 07:05.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-15, 10:27   Link #28
moodie

Super Hyped
Macross Δ
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
Musaigen no Phantom World
Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru

Hyped
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut
Schwarzesmarken
Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Dagashi Kashi
Koukaku no Pandora
Active Raid: Kidou Kyoushuushitsu Dai Hakkei
Prince of Stride: Alternative

Will watch with some hype
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Dimension W
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2
Luck & Logic

Not so hyped but will watch
Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 21:53   Link #29
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I must be the only one that hates Durarara now.

After the first season, it was quite awesome to get x2 after so many years, but now season after season of Durarara is turning into a OP/Naruto/FT/Bleach for me....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-23, 06:03   Link #30
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well aside from the movies (Kizumonogatari, Tamayura, Persona 3, Initial D, Code Geass) which will take quite a while to get here there's only Assassination Classroom that I feel like picking up. I'll probably give Dimension W a try because I see lots of folks that usually watch the same things as me picking it up but I'm not really feeling it.

Overall a very weak season for me.
Old 2015-12-24, 00:23   Link #31
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I can't believe the Winter season is already upon us. It feels like it's still Fall here weather-wise. I need a good "sad girls in the snow" series (a là Kanon), but, alas, it doesn't look like next season is going to deliver on that front. That being said, it looks like next season has a lot to offer in other areas!

In no particular order here is what I'm looking forward to the most:

Boku dake ga Inai Machi
- This is my "most anticipated" show of the season. I've been looking forward to it ever since it was announced.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu - This is my second "most anticipated" show. A slice-of-life period comedy featuring adult characters set in the Showa era? Yes, please!

Luck & Logic - I really liked Selector Infected Wixoss and Selector Spread Wixoss so I'm willing to give another card game-based series a chance. Who knows, it might actually surprise me.

Ao no Kanata Four Rhythm
- I like the premise, but I'm hesitant because it's based on an adult visual novel. I'll still give it a chance though.

Dagashi Kashi - I love slice-of-life series—especially quiet town comedies that feature two separate shots of sleeping cats in its PV.

Musaigen no Phantom World - It's a Kyoto Animation production, what more can I say?

Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage - I'm not sure about this one yet. I haven't read the novels it's based on, but the premise and characters designs are moderately interesting.

Macross Delta - I'm not a huge Macross fan, but I loved Macross Frontier so I'm looking forward to diving deeper into the franchise.

HaruChika - This is another series that I've been looking forward to for quite some time. P.A. Works must be given a chance at redemption after the travesty that was Charlotte.
Old 2015-12-24, 03:44   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll definitely finish God Eater, prolly give Ajin a shot too. Can't say there's anything else that piques my interest...but maybe I'll try out some more if they get favorable reactions for the first few episodes.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 04:58   Link #33
sky black swordman

Will Watch:
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakeri 2nd Season
Koyomimonogatari
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
Akagami no Shirayukihime 2nd Season

May Watch:
Luck and Logic
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo!

Checking Out:
Haruchika ~Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru~
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
Schwarzesmarken
Old 2015-12-29, 14:37   Link #34
AntonKutovoi

The ones I will definetely watch are:
Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū (the one I'm most interested in this season)
Musaigen no Phantom World (because KyoAni)
HaruChika (because P.A.Works)
Active Raid
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Assassination Classroom (liked the first season)
Sekkō Boys (well, at least I'm curious about it)
Gate (well, first cour was alrght, I guess. Might as well watch it further)
Durarara!! (to be honest, I kinda lost interest in it, but since it's a last cour...)
Hai to Gensō no Grimgar
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (well, first cour was cute, so why not?)

There's a few more series that I'll check out, but these are the series that I'm planning on watching till the end.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-04, 02:47   Link #35
Cerilla

Definitely Watching
  • Active Raid
  • Akagami no Shirayukihime 2
  • Gate 2
  • Boku Dake ga Inai Machi
  • Sekkou Boys (I need my meme fix)
  • Gundam IBO (continuing)

Interested, Three Episodes
  • Grimgar
  • Divine Gate
  • Dimension W
  • HaruChika
  • Prince of Stride
That is quite a lot. As always, this will be culled as the season goes.

Also, there is this article that talk about Winter 2016 from staff perspective. Very interesting and insightful read.
Old 2016-01-04, 21:39   Link #36
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'll definitely finish God Eater, prolly give Ajin a shot too. Can't say there's anything else that piques my interest...but maybe I'll try out some more if they get favorable reactions for the first few episodes.
I thought all have forgotten God Eater. Nice to see some still remember it.

My only follows will be God Eater + Muv Luv (certainly), but i will check out other promising shows also.
Old 2016-01-08, 05:37   Link #37
Alf

Just noticed that Lupin III Part IV is a two cour series so I'm definitely following this as carryover from fall. But it's on Thursday so perhaps will drop some more other series when time gets tight....

Also didn't notice Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage earlier. Haven't been into any Chinese martial arts chivalry materials for some years now so I'm going to give it a shot with low expectation.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-22, 11:12   Link #38
Laiabee

For now I'm watching:

Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (my favourite one so far)
Dimension W
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu (since I'm a game developer this serie entertains me a lot! XD )
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Luck & Logic

So far, I'm enjoying this season!!
Laiabee is offline   Reply With Quote