AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 14:55   Link #81
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
How were the Harekaze supposed to make instructor stop shooting at them? Harsh language?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:20   Link #82
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
How were the Harekaze supposed to make instructor stop shooting at them? Harsh language?
It's an obvious set-up. The instructor was baiting them into fighting back.
Old 2016-04-10, 15:30   Link #83
R.LocK
My turn

Hm, in the classroom there are 30 girls in the crew, but in ED (OP?) there are 32 members in the crew. Hmmmm.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 16:07   Link #84
Jamibu
Ninja Space Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Hm, in the classroom there are 30 girls in the crew, but in ED (OP?) there are 32 members in the crew. Hmmmm.
Actually, there are 31 girls in the classroom. There's an extra member of the bridge crew shown in the OP that hasn't been introduced yet in the show(the blonde girl with the black uniform) so I'm expecting that the situation that happened in the 1st episode will be resolved in a couple of episodes so she can be formally introduced.
Jamibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 16:21   Link #85
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamibu View Post
I'm expecting that the situation that happened in the 1st episode will be resolved in a couple of episodes so she can be formally introduced.
That's unlikely though. This situation is probably the plot for the whole season. They'll probably encounter that girl while they run away. She's a foreigner and wears a different uniform so it's clear she's not a student from their school.
Old 2016-04-10, 16:24   Link #86
Seihai
スマイリウム

Haifuri really toppled my expectations. Shit escalated quickly with live rounds being shot at them, though it still maintains its cuteness. And Cpt. Mike reminds me of Honoka, she'll probably help the whole ship crew bond. And lol at that rice cooker scene. Hanayo would be sad.
Old 2016-04-10, 16:40   Link #87
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Haifuri really toppled my expectations. Shit escalated quickly with live rounds being shot at them, though it still maintains its cuteness. And Cpt. Mike reminds me of Honoka, she'll probably help the whole ship crew bond. And lol at that rice cooker scene. Hanayo would be sad.
Fortunately, Hanayo was too busy in the bridge doging shots at that moment
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:26   Link #88
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
In the season finale:

Mike and Moeka battle it out at sea in a final ship to ship combat.

If this doesn't happened, I'll be disappointed or at least they will join forces to fight a common enemy.

Anyway I'm jumping myself way ahead. I don't even know if I'll end up dropping the show after 3 episodes. The show could be the next GuP or be a wasted potential if it goes with the slice of life theme and we are only going to see very little action. I really hope for the former on this one.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:48   Link #89
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
In the season finale:

Mike and Moeka battle it out at sea in a final ship to ship combat.

If this doesn't happened, I'll be disappointed or at least they will join forces to fight a common enemy.

Anyway I'm jumping myself way ahead. I don't even know if I'll end up dropping the show after 3 episodes. The show could be the next GuP or be a wasted potential if it goes with the slice of life theme and we are only going to see very little action. I really hope for the former on this one.
I think we'll know by episode three as to whether or not it'll stick to a more focused route or whether or not it'll devolve into a moe fest, but given that some of the staff from Girls und Panzer are present, I predict the show will lean towards the more serious side
Old 2016-04-10, 17:50   Link #90
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I thought more and more about it, and the whole dummy torpedo leading to that LCS to list some 20 degrees doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
As for the Type 93 dummy torpedo, let's not forget that it's a blunt tool weighing 2 tons accelerating at you at 50 knots. The rough estimate I did was that it may have about 750KJ of energy, maybe 200g of TNT equivalent when it rammed into the LCS. I don't think the hull will puncture with that kind of impact force.
Even if modern day warships are not armored, the total force of impact here shouldn't be significant enough to lead to such catastrophic hull breach that you will see this listing going as badly as it has by the end of Episode 1. The damage control on that LCS should've been able to cope with a puncture to the hull.

Had that torpedo been primed with a live explosive, 1000lb worth of it, then the LCS would've been torn to shreds. No modern warship is designed to survive such a strike.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 18:11   Link #91
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
I thought more and more about it, and the whole dummy torpedo leading to that LCS to list some 20 degrees doesn't make sense.
Maybe the damage is part of the set-up. Maybe the torpedo itself didn't do serious damage but the instructor had someone blow up the hull afterwards. After all, she reported "taiha" (Heavy damage) to the Safety Bureau.

There's some conspiracy going on here.
Old 2016-04-10, 18:39   Link #92
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Had that torpedo been primed with a live explosive, 1000lb worth of it, then the LCS would've been torn to shreds. No modern warship is designed to survive such a strike.
So, the instructor predicted that Harekaze won't return fire with real torpedo??
Old 2016-04-10, 18:50   Link #93
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Above all reason: it's marketing. Isn't a surprise is what usually capture the attention of us now a day? - Lure people to watch your show then show them good/fun story to make them stay with your show.
That says a lot about Japanese anime fans nowadays, sadly.
You just have to lure them with cute girls.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 19:12   Link #94
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I find it interesting that the main ship of the show is given similar design history as the Fubuki famed in Kancolle; in that it is an experimental vessel filled with special gear, and that the result is it is slightly top heavy and thus unstable. This was the case with most of Fubuki-Class ships, who are Destroyers with too many large guns and that makes them in risk of tipping over.

I assume this is a world were WW2 either didn't happen or didn't happen the way we imagined. And that basically the actual Pacific War might have been delayed and is NOW starting a bit later than in real life. In short, it is a more modern version of Kancolle, and we might end up with a new Axis except with the German Empire, with the Third Reich never existing.
Old 2016-04-10, 20:13   Link #95
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm guessing post melting of the polar ice caps since it's the most realistic cause of the elevated sea levels. On the other hand given that the sunken areas look post-war especially with the shot of the Tokyo Tower I'm guessing the waters elevated in the late 20th century, which means WW2 could have still happened.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 20:19   Link #96
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm guessing post melting of the polar ice caps since it's the most realistic cause of the elevated sea levels.
The rising of the sea level was caused by tectonic movements. It was stated in the synopsis.
Old 2016-04-10, 21:37   Link #97
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I find it interesting that the main ship of the show is given similar design history as the Fubuki famed in Kancolle; in that it is an experimental vessel filled with special gear, and that the result is it is slightly top heavy and thus unstable. This was the case with most of Fubuki-Class ships, who are Destroyers with too many large guns and that makes them in risk of tipping over.
This ship is a Kagerou class. The roll stability problem wasn't anywhere as bad as it were when she was built and structural issues with the introduction of arc welding didn't plague the class (the class was built using riveting)

The other thing is that the naval engineering ability of this world exceeds ours. This destroyer and the training battleship Musashi can operate with only a few dozen skeleton crew members as they are modern ULCC.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 21:44   Link #98
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This ship is a Kagerou class. The roll stability problem wasn't anywhere as bad as it were when she was built and structural issues with the introduction of arc welding didn't plague the class (the class was built using riveting)

The other thing is that the naval engineering ability of this world exceeds ours. This destroyer and the training battleship Musashi can operate with only a few dozen skeleton crew members as they are modern ULCC.
IIRC they even mention the ships having a degree of automation, so yeah the ships, while resembling WW2 ships, work somewhat differently.

If the actual number of crew were used for those ships, the Harekaze would've been incredibly cramped even for highschool girls

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 22:30   Link #99
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Except, if you go to the official website, they outright SAID that the ship has NEW problems, because of the experimental gear she is carrying. Just like Fubuki. And we are not sure Fubuki even existed in this universe.

試験用機材を搭載し、同型艦よりも高速だが不安定。

I need someone to confirm, but this appear to say that the ship is faster than other ships of the same class but has unreliability issues.
Old 2016-04-10, 22:40   Link #100
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Except, if you go to the official website, they outright SAID that the ship has NEW problems, because of the experimental gear she is carrying. Just like Fubuki. And we are not sure Fubuki even existed in this universe.
One of the shirts they sell in the official website says Kagero-Class under the Harekaze.

http://www.hai-furi.com/goods/?item_id=410

Tags
school life, sea battles, ship girls