AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-21, 18:09   Link #41
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7?
Not really, I picked it up at 1 and then proceeded to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. I worked on the fan translation for FF1 on the Wonderswan before an official version was announced for the Playstation. Don't I have any right at all? ^_~
[quote]
<rant about past info>
<rant about Square's history>
Quote:
3D doesn't mean better! Go out and get yourselves the old FF titles and I think you will be pleased. ^^ anyway sorry ablout getting angry there, but when ppl choose to talk about FF7 like it's the beginning of the "series" I fly off the handle.
That I have to agree with to a point. However, it doesn't mean that 3d is worse. It's just an aspect of the display. However, Squeenix IS squandering a bit too much IMO on impressive graphics :/

Anyways, gonna wait to see how this thing turns out. It's possible it will still be a piece of trash after all the hype -_-;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 18:39   Link #42
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

Quote:
That I have to agree with to a point. However, it doesn't mean that 3d is worse.
Indeed. If i had to choose between having a great, well done game with 2d graphics, or a great, well done game with fancy 3d graphics, I'd go for the fancy graphics.

However if I had to choose between having a great game with 2d graphics, or a mediocre/crap game with fancy 3d graphics, I'd go for the 2d.

I think you see what I'm getting at here, fancy graphics are fine, as long you dont sacrifice the other aspects of the game to have them.
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 22:39   Link #43
EliteJounin

Quote:
Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7? Well let me tell you that there is a whole world of FF out there that none of you will probably ever know. 90% of the inuendo and special stuff is going to be lost on you because they all hark from days past. The black mage from 9 is redesigned on the origional black mage from the very first game. In fact anyone who likes FF9 will like it a whole lot more if they have played all the games. You get to hear some old old music in the black mage villiage if you collect the right items. But back to the point that if anyone thinks the games are in any way linked... just kill yourself now for making unfounded and idiotic assumptions. Final Fantasy got it's name because back in the days of NES Square was a failing company, they decided to throw all there resources into one last game and hope for the best... this game was known as Final Fantasy because of the fact that it could very well have broken the company. From there they decided to make it into a kind of genre of it's own, no two Final fantasy games are the same or linked!!!! They do have some hints at the other games from time to time but that is only a bonus for those of us who have actually played the games... all of them... I long for the days of sprite based gaming again. 3D doesn't mean better! Go out and get yourselves the old FF titles and I think you will be pleased. ^^ anyway sorry ablout getting angry there, but when ppl choose to talk about FF7 like it's the beginning of the "series" I fly off the handle.
Who are you to tell everyone and anyone that they do not have the right to talk about Final Fantasy? So, since you are saying that we have no right to converse about an interest of ours, like many others, you are saying that we have no right to even play it? You are not the God of Final Fantasy. There is no one who can tell you or anyone that they have a right or not.

Yeah, maybe you are the few who have experienced the greatness of the ancient games. And sure, you may have learned things from the old that you've played on the old games. But one thing is for sure... you have no right at all to tell anyone what they can talk about.

And why cant anyone think that the games are linked in a way? People have a right to think. They can think about anything they want. So what are you? You, who talks about Final Fantasy and its origins, think that your knowledge is vastly larger than ours? Look, buddy, you are not Hironobu Sakaguchi (the creator of Final Fantasy). You are just some Final Fantasy fan like all of us. Hey, maybe you know more than some people, but it doesnt give you a right to tell them what to do and degrade them for it. So unless you truly know that they are not linked or unless Hironobu Sakaguchi has met you personally and told you that it isnt linked. Please be quiet.

Even you could be wrong. Hmm, maybe Hironobu Sakaguchi says that the games are somehow linked in at least some way. Maybe not the story, or the characters, or the world, but there might be something that is similar.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 23:33   Link #44
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

so er anyone gonna bother answering my question anytime soon?
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-21, 23:54   Link #45
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
I'm a huge Final Fantasy Fanatic and yet i didnt play FF7 due to the fact that I couldnt bear to look at the graphics after playing FF8 (I played FF8 first...). Do I really need to play the game in order for me to understand the movie? (I know it isnt out yet but there is gotta be SOME press release that says something about the storyline)
Okay, so i took some time to look for your post and the best thing to do is to play the game. In my opinion, you would appreciate the movie more if you played the game. But it really is your choice if you want to or not. I would, no doubt about it. Except i already did.
Old 2004-02-22, 07:01   Link #46
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Okay everyone lets get back on topic again. I rather not close out this thread or delete anymore posts. Thank you.
Old 2004-02-22, 08:18   Link #47
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Not a single one of you have any right to talk about Final Fantasy at all!!!! It seems to me that you all picked up on the series at 7? Well let me tell you that there is a whole world of FF out there that none of you will probably ever know. 90% of the inuendo and special stuff is going to be lost on you because they all hark from days past. The black mage from 9 is redesigned on the origional black mage from the very first game. In fact anyone who likes FF9 will like it a whole lot more if they have played all the games. You get to hear some old old music in the black mage villiage if you collect the right items. But back to the point that if anyone thinks the games are in any way linked... just kill yourself now for making unfounded and idiotic assumptions. Final Fantasy got it's name because back in the days of NES Square was a failing company, they decided to throw all there resources into one last game and hope for the best... this game was known as Final Fantasy because of the fact that it could very well have broken the company. From there they decided to make it into a kind of genre of it's own, no two Final fantasy games are the same or linked!!!! They do have some hints at the other games from time to time but that is only a bonus for those of us who have actually played the games... all of them... I long for the days of sprite based gaming again. 3D doesn't mean better! Go out and get yourselves the old FF titles and I think you will be pleased. ^^ anyway sorry ablout getting angry there, but when ppl choose to talk about FF7 like it's the beginning of the "series" I fly off the handle.
You know. I picked up the series at FFVII and I knew all that crap from about 3 years ago when I actually cared about what Square were doing anymore.
Actually, I started with Mystic Quest, I randomly played that and both loved it and hated it (because it was Final Fantasy, even if I knew nothing abour FF then and I hated it because it kinda sucks). The only FF games I havn't played through are FFI-III, and that's because they're kinda too old to enjoy playing for a first time now. Actually, I got into FFI/II, but I just stoped playing them for various reasons. FFI battle music > you all! I want to play FFIII though, it looked kinda good.

And don't call it FF7, it's FFVII. Same with the other names.

And 3D >>>>>>> 2D, but as someone said, I'd rather have a good 2D game than a bad 3D game. You just can't rake in the atmosphere points in FFVI like you can in FFX.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 08:39   Link #48
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

anyone making themselves into a bigman based on what games they play deserve nothing but pity.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 11:11   Link #49
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
And don't call it FF7, it's FFVII. Same with the other names.
Im sorry im just way too lazy to type up 3 extra letters when i could just say 7.
Old 2004-02-22, 11:32   Link #50
andy

Well i started at FF1 and play all of them but any way back on topic . I think we will see sepy in a flash back just like how saw cloud put Aries (think i spell that wrong ) in the water well i think it's aries any way . It also be those 3 new guys are clones of sepy or there are 3 guys who have jenova cells in them . We can't be to certain . In the new trailer you see that barrent and vincent will be in it . About it coming to the usa i see that happen squareenix knows FF's are love all over the world I can see them asking sony to for help with the DVD after all sony does own 9% of the company .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 13:37   Link #51
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

You I played the beggining of FF7 and i remember that the black dude with the metal arm
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-22, 13:51   Link #52
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
You I played the beggining of FF7 and i remember that the black dude with the metal arm
Spoiler:
Just in case no one has read his "spoiler" and I don't want to let them know what he's talking about.. spoiler tags it is..
Spoiler:
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 14:46   Link #53
EliteJounin

Hmm... I wanted to see what CodeWordChobits had to say for himself. Too bad his post was deleted.

Anyways, it doesnt matter where you started off. If you enjoy Final Fantasy then you enjoy it.
Old 2004-02-22, 23:12   Link #54
aahhsin

O c'mon kingdom hearts wasn't that bad.

in fact i liked it.

only thing that pissed me off was running around not knowing what to do next.

Boss Fights and actually moving along in the story is worthwhile. Great Game if i actually knew what to do next.

O yea the stupid flying ship thing is the most dumbest idea ever.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 23:32   Link #55
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Ok, so he says I was off topic, but only one small paragraph of 6 or so was off topic. *sigh* I wish there was a way to repost it w/out the slamming Nasuke part. I would also like to say that everyone can go ahead and ignore my previous post from here on... I amended it in the deleted post... but since apparently they won't let us edit them before deleting them, so no one will ever see it. Curse my aweful memory. Maybe I will do it again in some form or another but untill then I won't be reading this thread hehe.
CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-23, 00:04   Link #56
EliteJounin

Quote:
Ok, so he says I was off topic, but only one small paragraph of 6 or so was off topic. *sigh* I wish there was a way to repost it w/out the slamming Nasuke part. I would also like to say that everyone can go ahead and ignore my previous post from here on... I amended it in the deleted post... but since apparently they won't let us edit them before deleting them, so no one will ever see it. Curse my aweful memory. Maybe I will do it again in some form or another but untill then I won't be reading this thread hehe.
Actually, I am curious of what you wanted to say. Or what you did say. I believe it was going to be directed towards me. If it was, no hard feelings. I am not one judge others even if they do judge me.
Old 2004-02-24, 03:59   Link #57
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
kingdom hearts was fun, maybe it wasnt the game made for HARDCORE RPG players but it was fun for the rpg players who got tired of the taking turns hitting each other and casting spells.

i havent seen vincent in realistic mode

*looks around for links*
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 02:49   Link #58
PeppstaR
AG Art Studios

Send a message via AIM to PeppstaR Send a message via Yahoo to PeppstaR
Wow... this thread is interesting.

As for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, (putting the whole name since there's a preference between VII and 7) I can't wait until it's out and from the looks of the trailer, so far so good.

As for Kindom Hearts... since they're all in the same "universe", does that mean Goofy will be in the new movie?
PeppstaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 17:40   Link #59
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
-_-' dont get too excited

kingdom hearts = square + disney
FFVII Advent child = squre

notice that disney isnt in FFVII advent child so that would mean no goofy, i'm sorry i guess but no goofy
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 21:12   Link #60
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
-_-' dont get too excited

kingdom hearts = square + disney
FFVII Advent child = squre

notice that disney isnt in FFVII advent child so that would mean no goofy, i'm sorry i guess but no goofy

FFVII advent Children = SquareEnix
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction