AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

Old 2012-05-16, 03:53   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Hyouka here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 14:02   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Listening to the OP single release today and it is quite good!

Anyone else out there listened to this one?
Old 2012-05-17, 17:26   Link #3
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Seconded.

Well considering it's my first time hearing a song from ChuChou (or whatever it's spelling is), I'm kinda impressed. Then again, all of KyoAni's songs impress me.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 00:06   Link #4
rulfo

The full OP is really enjoyable to listen to. I really like the way they ended the song.

Anyway any news on the OST(BGM)?
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 06:00   Link #5
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
The full OP is really enjoyable to listen to. I really like the way they ended the song.

Anyway any news on the OST(BGM)?
The OST will be packaged on CDs with the 11 BD/LE DVD volumes similar to the other Kadokawa/KyoAni works.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 08:05   Link #6
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Sorry in advance for the double post, but this contains news and not a reply.

Kadokawa updated their website today with news of the new opening/ending themes. The new OP will be sung by Saori Kodama and will be entitled Mikansei Stride, or "Unfinished Stride." The single will be released on 2012/08/08. Kodama wrote the lyrics to the first OP/ED, and will likely write these as well, but this is her first performance in a while.

The new ED will be sung by "Eru Chitanda" (Satomi Satou) and "Mayaka Ibara" (Ai Kayano) again. It is entitled Kimi ni matsuwaru Mystery or "The Mystery around You." The single will be released on 2012/08/22.

Old 2012-05-18, 08:25   Link #7
Skane
Anime Snark

I guess no ED of the guys in their pyjamas then.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-18, 11:43   Link #8
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Guys at KyoAni prefer yuri over yaoi.

So, the next question would now be when will we be hearing of this new OP/ED? Around the 12th episode? Or 9th Episode?
Old 2012-05-18, 11:49   Link #9
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Guys at KyoAni prefer yuri over yaoi.

So, the next question would now be when will we be hearing of this new OP/ED? Around the 12th episode? Or 9th Episode?
I would predict it would be around episode 12/13 due to the OVA being included as episode 11.5 as well as the second novel's BD/DVD poster highlights BD/DVD volumes 4-6 (leading to episode 12).

Old 2012-05-18, 14:25   Link #10
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry in advance for the double post, but this contains news and not a reply.

Kadokawa updated their website today with news of the new opening/ending themes. The new OP will be sung by Saori Kodama and will be entitled Mikansei Stride, or "Unfinished Stride." The single will be released on 2012/08/08. Kodama wrote the lyrics to the first OP/ED, and will likely write these as well, but this is her first performance in a while.

The new ED will be sung by "Eru Chitanda" (Satomi Satou) and "Mayaka Ibara" (Ai Kayano) again. It is entitled Kimi ni matsuwaru Mystery or "The Mystery around You." The single will be released on 2012/08/22.
Interesting.

So early in the season and they already announced it. I'm guessing this will be the new song for the next arc.
Old 2012-05-19, 02:33   Link #11
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Wait, there's going to be a second OP/ED combo?

I loved Yasashisa no Riyuu and the ED as well... Choucho also sang the OP for Kamisama no memochou, a great OP at that, and her voice... well let her do the singing.

I personally want to hear both Chitanda and Ibara's seijuus do more works

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:26   Link #12
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Both are lovable VAs, so I agree with you there, although people would be quite surprised if ever they found out that Ritsu's VA and Eru's VA are one and the same.

It's just.... mindboggling!
Old 2012-05-22, 14:36   Link #13
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Full ED is out...and it is just LOVELY. JUST FECKIN LOVELY.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 21:30   Link #14
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I've been listening to quite alot anime songs recently, and only recently have I been able to fully judge anime songs with a critic eye. So here I go...

Hyouka ED Single - Madoromi no Yakusoku
Artists: Satou Satomi & Kayano Ai
1. Madoromi no Yakusoku
A nice catch for any ED song, especially because it's the ending song, is something that doesn't seem to "break out" as if ED was supposed to end at 1:30 (see A Channel's Humming Girl for example) Beautiful mix of guitar, piano, and a bit of percussion here and there, I can listen to this for too long. Plus, the fact that Ritsu's VA is singing this, I still can't comprehend. If it were a normal ED, it wouldn't have that lasting effect that makes it as great as it is. So what derives it from your average ED? It's probably the duet. It's yummy, that's for sure.

2. Romance wa Mada Hayai
Sounds like a blurred mix of balad... dance song... and marching song What's that called again? XD I think that this song catches a 2001 aura more than that the latest ones I've seen, for some reason. I like it. Not totally great than (1), but again, the duet is yummy to hear, and the mix of instruments still gives it a plus 1 from me. :3
Old 2012-05-23, 07:16   Link #15
rulfo

Man I really love Kayano Ai's work on this.
Old 2012-05-31, 01:02   Link #16
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Romance wa Mada Hayai really annoys me for some reason... Sounds like bubbly nonsense. :S But the full version of Madoromi no Yakusoku is really relaxing and pretty.
Old 2012-05-31, 02:40   Link #17
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Romance wa Mada Hayai really annoys me for some reason... Sounds like bubbly nonsense. :S But the full version of Madoromi no Yakusoku is really relaxing and pretty.
Got to agree, it's not really my cup of ocha. I get this feeling it kind of escaped from the Yuru Yuri soundtrack somewhere and slipped into this B-side or something.

Either way, nobody can deny that the ED itself is fantastic.
Old 2012-07-09, 13:43   Link #18
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

I love the 2nd ending Kimi Ni Matsuwaru Mystery (君にまつわるミステリー)!.

It's just so cute. Chitanda as Holmes, Mayaka as Poirot, Satoshi as Moriarty, and Oreki as Lupin Arsene (III's grandpa). Watching Mayaka and Chitanda driving after the boys was just funny to me for some reason.

There was also a hint of High School DxD ending vibe to it. No, I'm not talking about pole dancing . Apparently the lyrics from both songs were written by Kodama Saori. I'll have to find more of her work.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:53   Link #19
Dr. Casey

I agree, I actually just came here to post about how much I like the new ending. Visually, this easily has to be towards the top of my list of favorite ending songs. Oreki makes a really cool villain (Though Satoshi scores some points too for the sly, taunting smile he gives as they fly away on their escape balloon), I like Chitanda's and Mayaka's boyish detective outfits, and I love their exaggerated, overdone shock after Oreki and Satoshi slip out from their handcuffs. Just very charming, stylish, and original. The song is nice too, I really like the last 20 seconds or so (Everything from "Kimi wa meeeeeeeeeeeestery").
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 21:33   Link #20
rulfo

Has anyone heard the Track 2 of OST? Is it an original composition?