AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-16, 17:22   Link #301
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm sure she will get some great scenes to show off her abilities which will make Shinkurou and Yayoi look like choir boys/girls in comparison, she is after all the boss of that group!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 01:15   Link #302
blewin

yeah. Just wait till she comes head to head with Murasaki's dad. well, still don't know what her relationship is with that family though.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 02:45   Link #303
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am not saying that anime character designs are very bad per se, but comparing to manga - they are bad. At least for me.

There is a difference between going with mains stream and between being well drawn. Here character designs are drawn pretty well but if compared to manga they fail as they do not looks as beautiful.

Sure you can say that manga follows the main stream. however, in this case I would prefer the main stream over this.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 04:12   Link #304
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by psme View Post
Thanks! My only concern is Murasaki! Is she worse/same/better in the novel? Does the novel has less/same/more focus on her?

regards,

Li On
From what I observed, the character personality are the same way they are. It is their interactions that are changed.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 04:56   Link #305
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

the novel focuses on her greatly on the first volume. from what i heard volume 2 focuses on a new character(dunno who she is) and murasaki was there to tag along. spoiler tags are not really needed for vague statements like these... so meh.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 06:02   Link #306
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
but now we will know there will be new characters
no doubt its a severe spoiler..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 06:41   Link #307
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

If we get more episodes like this one, this will be an amazing series.

I'm very pleased by what I saw in this episode. None of the other shows this season have really grabbed me. I finally have a series to be excited about.

The interactions between Shinkurou and Murasaki are thoroughly entertaining. And the plot's moving along at a very nice pace with plenty of intrigue. All in all, very good stuff.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 15:38   Link #308
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Finally episode 3...I have lost so much hair waiting for this to come

ep 3
Spoiler:

No need to say anything...best series this season

Edit: crap...thanks Kaoru

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-04-17 at 16:21.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:08   Link #309
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I second everything Deathkillz said.
Spoiler for ep3:
As far as the debate about the character design is concerned, I think it's terrific. I don't find it ugly at all. By getting back to Japan where the noses can be smaller, it removes the one thing that was hard to take about Red Garden's designs. I find all the main characters pretty attractive, to tell the truth. More real looking than normal anime designs, and in this case that is a good thing, for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-17 at 16:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:33   Link #310
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I think that the character designs are ugly. Compare the anime version of Murasaki and manga one.. In manga she looks attractive actually, in anime she looks like a hamster (much more child-like than in manga).

I think the difference lies in the fact that manga tried to make characters attractive while anime - realistic. And thats what you have to chose attractiveness or the realism, I prefer attractiveness in this case because Murasaki is just killing my eyes every time I look at her. Probably it is too bad that I read manga first, because I simply cannot watch anime (while for some it grew up on them for me even after watching third episode is just still same annoying as it was in the beginning).

I like kure-nais characters but the character designs are making me drop it. I will just keep on reading novels and manga instead.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:46   Link #311
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I think that is what it is. I actually started the anime before moving onto the manga but I love both character design versions. Personal preference here but I see nothing wrong with the designs of the anime. Besides the realistic point, I don't find it horrid or ugly in anyway, rather the opposite. Though I think it is sad that you are dropping this because of the designs, it is a great story so far (and one not attached to the manga, I wonder if it is so for the novels?).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 17:31   Link #312
Kirarakim

I much prefer a 7-year old to look child like than attractive.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 18:01   Link #313
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really like both designs though i prefer the manga slightly, the only character imo who looks a lot better than the anime counterpart is Benika.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 18:08   Link #314
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I find all the main characters pretty attractive, to tell the truth. More real looking than normal anime designs, and in this case that is a good thing, for me.
Seconded. Also, I skimmed a chapter of the manga and I have to say I found the anime character designs much better. Small flaws can enhance the beauty, generic perfection that anime character designers are so fond of gets boring at some point. Although seeing the anime first sure played a part in my assessment.

I am happy to hear that episode 3 is great, too, it's such a temptation to try out the raw but I need to be strong and resist it.

P.S.
Spoiler for the manga, pretty minor one but just to be on the safe side:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:20   Link #315
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I think that the character designs are ugly. Compare the anime version of Murasaki and manga one.. In manga she looks attractive actually, in anime she looks like a hamster (much more child-like than in manga).... I like kure-nais characters but the character designs are making me drop it. I will just keep on reading novels and manga instead.
I took a look at the manga and I can see where you're coming from. They are very interesting designs. The anime loses a lot of what makes the manga visually special, and is closer to the director's vision than the mangaka's. But I like both. I can also imagine someone finding the manga designs ugly. The way the eyes/faces are drawn can make the characters look a bit crazy, like they are suffering from starvation or are survivors of some recent traumatic stress. Here's a page from the manga. I hope it's typical enough to be a good reference:

By the way, I was defending the OP after ep1, but I noticed that I skipped through it this time, so perhaps I was being a little too positive.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-17, 22:36   Link #316
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, but Murasaki (among with the ojou-sama types) would be one of the last people I would expect with an ahoge. For some reason I can't for the life of me imagine for her to have one.

Points for the psycho-moe vibes though from Murasaki, even though it's totally out of context and obviously OOC lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:58   Link #317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Kaoru Chujo

Couldn't you find a happier image ?

@DragoonKain3

Well, since it's not really a spoiler to the anime as the event in the manga don't follow the anime...

Spoiler for scene:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 23:14   Link #318
Project S.T.A.R.
My Lucky Star...

Hauuu~~ I <3 Murasaki xD

Spoiler for EP2 spoiler:
Project S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 23:58   Link #319
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Kaoru Chujo Couldn't you find a happier image ?....
Lol. Sorry. I just picked the first example that came to hand.

It looks as if this show is fairly popular among Chinese anime fans. The first fansub of this ep is out and there are over 2000 peers and almost 700 seeds at the moment. (The torrent appeared just after 11 am Chinese time and it's now about 1 pm.) Of course, the Macross numbers are a bit higher....
Old 2008-04-17, 23:59   Link #320
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

This show is boring (minus the excessive violence) but i really like it. Some of the moments really connect.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen