AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-14, 00:36   Link #81
Kudryavka

The question is: Is this like Twilight? the anti-Cullen senses are tingling...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 03:19   Link #82
Westlo
Lets be reality

Is the manga a decent adaption of the game?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 17:40   Link #83
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
The question is: Is this like Twilight?
I haven't read/watched Twilight, but from what I know from people who have, I'm going to tentatively say no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Is the manga a decent adaption of the game?
It's decent, but extremely abbreviated as one might expect. Because of the way they combined the paths, it lacks some of the surprise, but I'm afraid the anime may have the same problem (especially if it only gets 12 episodes).
Old 2010-07-16, 18:59   Link #84
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
(especially if it only gets 12 episodes).
Which is unfortunately very likely. Eroge->anime adaptations rarely get more than 12-14 episodes. Yoake mae's anime adaptation (another August game->anime) only got 12 episodes too.
Old 2010-07-19, 20:02   Link #85
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Which is unfortunately very likely. Eroge->anime adaptations rarely get more than 12-14 episodes. Yoake mae's anime adaptation (another August game->anime) only got 12 episodes too.
Shuffle, Kanon, and Da Capo all got 24 episodes.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 00:53   Link #86
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Shuffle, Kanon, and Da Capo all got 24 episodes.
But those were all when the anime industry the world wasn't broke. Having more than 12 eps these days is pretty amazing, unless it's some godly powerful franchise like FMA or Pokemon.

Quote:
I haven't read/watched Twilight, but from what I know from people who have, I'm going to tentatively say no...
-Extremely pretty girl vampire meets regular boy.
-Girl has extremely pretty brother.
-I lurv him, he lurvs me, I'm not gonna suck his blood because I lurv him!
-Moar pretty girls because they can

Similarities?
Old 2010-07-20, 03:17   Link #87
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
-Extremely pretty girl vampire meets regular boy.
-Girl has extremely pretty brother.
-I lurv him, he lurvs me, I'm not gonna suck his blood because I lurv him!
-Moar pretty girls because they can

Similarities?
No werewolves, and no werewolf vs. vampire deathmatch.

Besides, the backgrounds and origins of the vampires is pretty dang different. (no more can be said without spoilers, obviously)
Old 2010-07-20, 03:23   Link #88
Kudryavka

Quote:
No werewolves, and no werewolf vs. vampire deathmatch.

Besides, the backgrounds and origins of the vampires is pretty dang different. (no more can be said without spoilers, obviously)
Hm, I'll give Arterial a chance, just like I did Twilight. But if I brainfart from sheer fluff and lack of reason to exist other than to have hawt guys and girls, I'll know why.
Old 2010-07-31, 09:39   Link #89
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Glad to know it's finally getting an anime. Looking forward to it along with Aiyoku no Eustia....

And no....it's far from Twilight....
Old 2010-08-21, 01:23   Link #90
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've read a couple of Twilight novels and several chapters of the manga of this, and in my opinion there is just about zero real similarity between the two. This is romantic comedy, not romantic horror.

I enjoyed the manga, and hope to find the anime fairly enjoyable, too. It stars the eroge female seiyuu, with the addition of two excellent male seiyuu, Ono Daisuke and Suwabe Junichi. The staff doesn't thrill me, but they're competent: the director of KissxSis OVA and Nogizaka Haruka, and the writer of KissxSis TV and Omamori Himari. Both of them did OtoBoku, and I think that is the closest comparison to this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-08-23 at 22:49. Reason: Remove link; don't post links to manga aggregator sites.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 03:01   Link #91
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Miwa also supervised on Seikon no Qwaser, isn't ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 19:58   Link #92
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

The main webpage for the game and anime is finally fully up and running, with info on the customary new game character, Miya.
Old 2010-08-23, 20:02   Link #93
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've read a couple of Twilight novels and several chapters of the manga of this, and in my opinion there is just about zero real similarity between the two. This is romantic comedy, not romantic horror.
Plus the protagonists are opposite genders. That changes a lot.

Quote:
I enjoyed the manga, and hope to find the anime fairly enjoyable, too. It stars the eroge female seiyuu, with the addition of two excellent male seiyuu, Ono Daisuke and Suwabe Junichi. The staff doesn't thrill me, but they're competent: the director of KissxSis OVA and Nogizaka Haruka, and the writer of KissxSis TV and Omamori Himari. Both of them did OtoBoku, and I think that is the closest comparison to this show.
I'm not too thrilled about the staff either. Ouch.

I just hope they follow one route if they can't do them all appropriately (like in Requiem for the Phantom [best eroge adaptation ever]).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-08-23 at 22:49. Reason: edit out link in quote
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 22:14   Link #94
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
The main webpage for the game and anime is finally fully up and running, with info on the customary new game character, Miya.
I don't see this "Miya" or have I forgot all the chars already?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 23:03   Link #95
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't see this "Miya" or have I forgot all the chars already?
On the Game Character Page, you have to place your mouse on the right side of the character portraits in order to cause it to scroll to the right, and then you'll see the new character, Miya. Love the character design! I wonder if she'll have a role or even a cameo in the anime, or they're going to keep her a secret for the game. (If they only have 12 episodes, they definitely won't have time to add to the story anyway...)

And I have to say, all the banner art on the sub-pages of the anime website really looks great. They've totally nailed both the look and feel of the original work, at least as far as the art goes.
Old 2010-08-24, 00:29   Link #96
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
On the Game Character Page, you have to place your mouse on the right side of the character portraits in order to cause it to scroll to the right, and then you'll see the new character, Miya. Love the character design! I wonder if she'll have a role or even a cameo in the anime, or they're going to keep her a secret for the game. (If they only have 12 episodes, they definitely won't have time to add to the story anyway...)

And I have to say, all the banner art on the sub-pages of the anime website really looks great. They've totally nailed both the look and feel of the original work, at least as far as the art goes.
As far as the anime website is concerned at least, she's not in the anime. But then again they only have the main character and the 5 heroines in the anime characters section (so far), so who knows.

And for some reason, the short streaming video you see when going into the website address skips and jumps for me, which is odd because I've run more bandwidth-intensive streaming videos than that with no problem. :/

I guess the Fall release that I saw on the pre-launch page was just for the anime airing date and not the game, because I don't see any release date on the PS3 game page. Unless it's still a winter release and they just neglected to put that somewhere on the game page for some reason.

EDIT: Hmm, when I go to the game/anime page that I saw the PS3 game's winter release date on through August's Fortune Arterial website, I still see the pre-launch page with the game's winter release announcement on it. Maybe they just haven't updated the link or something *shrug*, although I'd of course prefer that the game is still on for this winter, which is probably likey since it's not like they're making an entirely new game.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:10   Link #97
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hm, liking the character designs so far - quite faithful to the originals. Like relentless says, they nailed the look and feel, here's hoping they also have more budget than a certain notorious piece in order to bring them to life properly

Also, nice touch with Erika's "Welcome to Shuchikan academy" upon loading the anime's website - a fitting catchphrase indeed.
Old 2010-08-24, 13:58   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I guess the Fall release that I saw on the pre-launch page was just for the anime airing date and not the game, because I don't see any release date on the PS3 game page. Unless it's still a winter release and they just neglected to put that somewhere on the game page for some reason.

EDIT: Hmm, when I go to the game/anime page that I saw the PS3 game's winter release date on through August's Fortune Arterial website, I still see the pre-launch page with the game's winter release announcement on it. Maybe they just haven't updated the link or something *shrug*, although I'd of course prefer that the game is still on for this winter, which is probably likey since it's not like they're making an entirely new game.
I think they will definitely try to launch the game in the vicinity of the anime airing, since they're basically banking on the anime to boost the interest in the franchise and sales of the PS3 game. The big outstanding question is whether the anime will be one-cour or two, though I think one is (unfortunately) much more likely. In that case, I'd expect the game to hit probably either end-December 2010 or very early 2011, to catch the buzz at its max.

And anyway, yeah, obviously they don't list Miya on the anime website, but I wouldn't be surprised if they at least throw in a brief cameo just as a bit of subtle cross-advertising.
Old 2010-08-31, 18:36   Link #99
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP is "Kizunairo" by Lia, the ED is "I miss you" by Veil. Both will release in DVD-included limited editions.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 18:01   Link #100
jinnous

Why do i get the feeling that this Miya character is like Feena after taking too many wrong turns.

But that aside, it's been a while since i've finished the game and this was one of my most anticipated adaptations next to Little Busters! (Don't know why it's so hard to make one)

Do like the character designs and hope that they don't do major platonic shifts during the anime.

Also like how they're keeping Nabatame Hitomi as Kanade.

Totally anticipating the series and the OP... Because i didn't expect Lia to sing it.
jinnous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire