AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-11, 03:46   Link #201
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Well U see Rens style is to stack retribution by avoiding through god speed the attack from enemy then throw it to their face many time fold over.....in short he have no way of actually attacking or moving on his own unless He is attacked. Its relaying too much on the idea of being on the recieving end.

Well its understanding since its a authority that holds the idea of "revenge & punishment" it just that Ren is not using it quite well i guess? Since the way he use it is base in his own interpretation on what it was...

I'm not sure about this but. Base on what Stella said in Vol 3 that if He use Retribution on "Earth/toyko itself" the effect will be amazing but Ren deny it. Perhaps Retribution proper form is Punishment or revenge for crime or sin or bad deeds base on what the Authority holder thought what bad is...counter attack is just one other way of using it. This Authority relay on Karma then perhaps the greater the karma of the target the stronger the retribution is??..well who knows.

But I can somehow understand why Author did not give Ren Izanami Authority if Izanami Authority is summoning army of Zombies then combine it with Retribution....its fcking OP.
Anyone who attack the zombie under His control then he would get Retribution stack everytime a zombie gets attacked...

well maybe XD this is just a theory thought!!
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 05:45   Link #202
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Well U see Rens style is to stack retribution by avoiding through god speed the attack from enemy then throw it to their face many time fold over.....in short he have no way of actually attacking or moving on his own unless He is attacked. Its relaying too much on the idea of being on the recieving end.

Well its understanding since its a authority that holds the idea of "revenge & punishment" it just that Ren is not using it quite well i guess? Since the way he use it is base in his own interpretation on what it was...

I'm not sure about this but. Base on what Stella said in Vol 3 that if He use Retribution on "Earth/toyko itself" the effect will be amazing but Ren deny it. Perhaps Retribution proper form is Punishment or revenge for crime or sin or bad deeds base on what the Authority holder thought what bad is...counter attack is just one other way of using it. This Authority relay on Karma then perhaps the greater the karma of the target the stronger the retribution is??..well who knows.

But I can somehow understand why Author did not give Ren Izanami Authority if Izanami Authority is summoning army of Zombies then combine it with Retribution....its fcking OP.
Anyone who attack the zombie under His control then he would get Retribution stack everytime a zombie gets attacked...

well maybe XD this is just a theory thought!!
It’s cool if Ren actually execute that kind of attack. The catch is that his authority will kill him if he went to far with it. It’s implied in vol.1 that if he exerts his authority too much there would be consequences. If the user is original goddess Nemesis then that might be another cases, but I don’t think Ren can handle it.

Still, he might defy my expectations by accumulating the pain and suffering from all over the world and returning it to Athena.
roronoa20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 19:09   Link #203
Tyler.R

Could someone please explain the different ways he has used his authority as well as why sometimes there is a negative effect on ren?
Tyler.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 19:34   Link #204
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler.R View Post
Could someone please explain the different ways he has used his authority as well as why sometimes there is a negative effect on ren?
1. He can summon about twenty thousands living death to enact a punishment on greeks.

2. He can grant a divine blessing to protect his comrades.

3. He can perform a resurrection using his own life as an exchange.

Basically, As long as what he does fit the concept of 'Karmic justice' or 'retribution' it can be execute by his authority.

Quote:
Retribution──. Fundamentally it was an ability that deflected back the attack that was directed to Rokuhara Ren. But he could also apply “a bit arrangement” to it.

Yes. The authority of Ren and others 『the godslayer』 wasn’t really something inflexible that stuck to the rule.

Speaking nicely it was flexible, but speaking clearly it was haphazard.

He could add various change in application based on his mood and sense at the time. He could realize a method of usage that he had never even imagined until that time.
I don't know about goddess Nemesis's version of this authority, but my speculation is that Ren's body can't fully handle the consequence of using it similar to Godou's chest pain when overusing Raptor. Also, his authority runs on a principle of 'equivalent exchange', so if Ren wants to dish out a more powerful usage of his authority. He needs to pay for it with his body.
Old 2019-07-12, 20:40   Link #205
Tyler.R

Thank you roronoa20 that helps clarify things

I wonder what will happen when lancelot finds out that ren and company encountered Godou

Last edited by LKK; 2019-07-12 at 20:59. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
Old 2019-07-12, 22:00   Link #206
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler.R View Post
I wonder what will happen when lancelot finds out that ren and company encountered Godou
Que
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-13, 13:48   Link #207
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoa20 View Post
It’s cool if Ren actually execute that kind of attack. The catch is that his authority will kill him if he went to far with it. It’s implied in vol.1 that if he exerts his authority too much there would be consequences. If the user is original goddess Nemesis then that might be another cases, but I don’t think Ren can handle it.

Still, he might defy my expectations by accumulating the pain and suffering from all over the world and returning it to Athena.
Yes Retribution is way too much to handle it deals with karma, fate, destiny even Causality for a human understanding & Easy going Ren is basically the worst kind of guy to have such "serious natured" Authority the only thing that match this to him is his Grandmas moral teaching or "Good deed results good things & Bad deed shall have bad things" which in a sense a saving grace for him...if not the idea of revival of dead wont be realize.

But I thing he indeed once used this Authority right, it is in Vol 1 when he revive the dead of Troy...its insane but he indeed inact Retribution for the injustice deed of greece done to the land of troy. he did not suffer pain from that just that its hard to use & needs large power....what make it quite hard is cuz of his Idea of Him NOT personally doing the act of punishment/Retribution but instead to victims themselves do the act.

And to make matter worse none of Ren harem & friends have the nature to truely realize the use of this Authority if for example a court judge have this power...damn boi we will see how bad ass this Authority is.
Fortunately Athena did not have Nemesis Authority at all if so forget about all troublesome stuff she would just go to earth use Retribution on the planet or modern civilization itself and boom!! Apocalypse is serve!
Old 2019-07-13, 14:10   Link #208
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
Que
Yeah Ren meets Godou in a CD Drama that bakapervert posted on YouTube.
Old 2019-07-17, 22:50   Link #209
Tyler.R

I wonder if ren will be able to form a contract of wings(or whatever the authority he got from nemesis is called) with anyone else and how it will effect them?
Old 2019-07-23, 09:21   Link #210
KnightShade

Two more days till v5, get hype!
Old 2019-07-24, 18:35   Link #211
Tyler.R

I'm new to the series so I've never had to wait for a translation so how long does it typically take?
Old 2019-07-24, 19:16   Link #212
KnightShade

Fairly quickly given lord baka is at the helm of the trans. The real question is how soon will we have spoilers.

On another note is there Discord for campione / Jōu Taketsuki written works?

Last edited by KnightShade; 2019-07-24 at 19:55.
Old 2019-07-24, 23:55   Link #213
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
Fairly quickly given lord baka is at the helm of the trans. The real question is how soon will we have spoilers.

On another note is there Discord for campione / Jōu Taketsuki written works?
I don't think there's any discord for campione.
Old 2019-07-25, 10:55   Link #214
bakapervert
A pervert

Looks like the physical copy of volume 5 has come out, but the epub hasn't yet. Maybe in 2 more weeks or even a month.
Old 2019-07-25, 10:59   Link #215
KnightShade

awww oh well, i can wait.

hopefully spoilers come out soon to tide us over
Old 2019-07-26, 03:07   Link #216
roronoa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
Looks like the physical copy of volume 5 has come out, but the epub hasn't yet. Maybe in 2 more weeks or even a month.
I wonder why there’s no digital version of this volume, since other series that released on the same day have it. Anti-fan translation? Author has yet to update this volume’s glossary too.

Edit: Digital version will be released on august 23th. That's going to be long wait.

Last edited by roronoa20; 2019-07-26 at 13:28.
Old 2019-07-29, 02:01   Link #217
Toullaty

The color illustrations are already available on twitter of BUNBUN.

Spoiler for Color illustrations:
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-29, 10:35   Link #218
roronoa20

Here's a piece of information from Shiniki vol.5

Athena manages to plunge the world into an apocalypse by using pandora's box. She created a great flood with this magic item. She planned to spare about 80 people, so that the new civilization can be created.

The flood myth changes a relationships between earth and the sun. The stars will ignore its rotation and revolution. Creating a gloomy atmosphere through out the world. (Holy shit!)

In this volume, Lancelot managed to fight back about 1000 dragons and drain her power. She returned when Ren revives her to continue fighting the beasts. By the end, she reached her limit(Beyond that part is unreadable.)

By the end of this volume, Athena's dead from getting all [Death force] rammed directly into her body.

However, Ren manages to counteract Athena's plan by using an empty pandora box, Aisha's [Grand Luck] and his own authority to revert the world back to its pre-collapsed state. Only top class magician vaguely remember the event.

Ren's authority became stronger after he absorb earth dragon's vitality from vol.4. He's capable of focusing a stockpile damage he received from his enemy into its vital spot regardless of races. If it's a regular physical being then the heart will be destroyed. If it's a mythical creature then its sources of life will be destroyed.

Unfortunately, Ren doesn't gain any authority by the end of this volume.

Athena tried to kill Aisha, because she's cautious of her power over causality. Overwhelmed with the fear of death, Aisha's now awakened. Her [Grand Luck] played a vital part in volume. If her enemy's an enemy that will bring the end of the world. Her authority will make time, history and 'the corrective force' be on her side. The ultimate divine tool called 'Savior of Savior' will descend to her aid. Even causality will be manipulate, since Ren's Nemesis authority is sealed for a long time from its effect(This part is iffy, since the translation isn't good). She'll become the most fortunate person ever since the dawn of earth. It has enough miracle to unroll the end of the world.

Although, Aisha was petrified. she has escaped about three days later into a spatial distortion, resuming her adventure after a century of resting.

Yinghua visited Ren and Riona after the battle. He reported on Fumika and the prince's situation under Luo Hao's training.

Julio's a descendant of Leonardo Blandelli, since Monica didn't have kids.

Riona confessed to Ren that she began to have an emotion that closely resemble 'Serious love'.

PS. All of this informations are translated from JP wiki. I'm sure that it isn't 100 percent correct.

Last edited by roronoa20; 2019-07-29 at 11:15.
Old 2019-07-29, 21:11   Link #219
GodSoul
He Who Would Swallow God

Quote:
Originally Posted by roronoa20 View Post
Here's a piece of information from Shiniki vol.5

Athena manages to plunge the world into an apocalypse by using pandora's box. She created a great flood with this magic item. She planned to spare about 80 people, so that the new civilization can be created.

The flood myth changes a relationships between earth and the sun. The stars will ignore its rotation and revolution. Creating a gloomy atmosphere through out the world. (Holy shit!)

In this volume, Lancelot managed to fight back about 1000 dragons and drain her power. She returned when Ren revives her to continue fighting the beasts. By the end, she reached her limit(Beyond that part is unreadable.)

By the end of this volume, Athena's dead from getting all [Death force] rammed directly into her body.

However, Ren manages to counteract Athena's plan by using an empty pandora box, Aisha's [Grand Luck] and his own authority to revert the world back to its pre-collapsed state. Only top class magician vaguely remember the event.

Ren's authority became stronger after he absorb earth dragon's vitality from vol.4. He's capable of focusing a stockpile damage he received from his enemy into its vital spot regardless of races. If it's a regular physical being then the heart will be destroyed. If it's a mythical creature then its sources of life will be destroyed.

Unfortunately, Ren doesn't gain any authority by the end of this volume.

Athena tried to kill Aisha, because she's cautious of her power over causality. Overwhelmed with the fear of death, Aisha's now awakened. Her [Grand Luck] played a vital part in volume. If her enemy's an enemy that will bring the end of the world. Her authority will make time, history and 'the corrective force' be on her side. The ultimate divine tool called 'Savior of Savior' will descend to her aid. Even causality will be manipulate, since Ren's Nemesis authority is sealed for a long time from its effect(This part is iffy, since the translation isn't good). She'll become the most fortunate person ever since the dawn of earth. It has enough miracle to unroll the end of the world.

Although, Aisha was petrified. she has escaped about three days later into a spatial distortion, resuming her adventure after a century of resting.

Yinghua visited Ren and Riona after the battle. He reported on Fumika and the prince's situation under Luo Hao's training.

Julio's a descendant of Leonardo Blandelli, since Monica didn't have kids.

Riona confessed to Ren that she began to have an emotion that closely resemble 'Serious love'.

PS. All of this informations are translated from JP wiki. I'm sure that it isn't 100 percent correct.
Is Aisha free? now are all the worlds that are in danger of annihilation.
GodSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-30, 07:38   Link #220
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

So once against Athena is the loser she is once again Good as dead & all her hardwork everything she worked for crumble in a single Volume.

And Ren despite all supreme pain in the ass hardship....he did not gain a single thing again it seems~

While Riona finally develop her stockholm syndrome evolve into a love like feeling!

Question is who is next villian? Voban?

Tags
adventure, bakapervert, fantasy, godslayer, harem