Osana-Najimi Shipper

All I can say is...

Li Ren, GANBATTE!!!!
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 17:39   Link #42
rio

That anime finally got the sub^^v

Spoiler for Can i link it? :

Last edited by rio; 2009-04-10 at 18:38.
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 20:15   Link #43
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Wow, the production values in the first episode look really awful, even for a reverse-harem show, heck, I think La Corda had it much better. Oh, well, it's not as if the over-all content impressed me so far anyway. I'm not expecting much, shipping fodder and that's it, but I strongly wish that Kajika would be a compelling heroine; if there's anything that have put me off reverse-harems (except for Ouran), it's the mary-sues (and gary-stus too for that matter) the proliferate said shows. Episode one didn't really alleviate that fear, but we shall see in the next episodes.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 22:06   Link #44
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Wow, the production values in the first episode look really awful, even for a reverse-harem show, heck, I think La Corda had it much better. Oh, well, it's not as if the over-all content impressed me so far anyway. I'm not expecting much, shipping fodder and that's it, but I strongly wish that Kajika would be a compelling heroine; if there's anything that have put me off reverse-harems (except for Ouran), it's the mary-sues (and gary-stus too for that matter) the proliferate said shows. Episode one didn't really alleviate that fear, but we shall see in the next episodes.
It is the first episode and they are for a long haul (39 episodes). I really don't get what was wrong with the "production values". this is a line people use when they didn't find a show interesting and don't want to just say that. This is shoujo, most shoujo shows are like that. the first episode of Ouran didn't have much on the "production values" and we know the show was great not because of animation but because of the compelling story. The same can be said from this show. This show is going to have way more action than Ouran and has a better story.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 00:12   Link #45
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is the first episode and they are for a long haul (39 episodes). I really don't get what was wrong with the "production values". this is a line people use when they didn't find a show interesting and don't want to just say that. This is shoujo, most shoujo shows are like that. the first episode of Ouran didn't have much on the "production values" and we know the show was great not because of animation but because of the compelling story.
So which is it, then? Your contradiction aside, I know most shoujo suffer mediocre animations (although I will have to disagree with your statement that Ouran had poor production values), some slightly better than the others. Unfortunately, I see nothing in the first episode that will prove to me otherwise - from aesthetics, scripting and to the quality of the presentation.

As for whether this show will contain a compelling story or not, I'll be the judge of that when the time comes.
Old 2009-04-11, 02:04   Link #46
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
So which is it, then? Your contradiction aside, I know most shoujo suffer mediocre animations (although I will have to disagree with your statement that Ouran had poor production values), some slightly better than the others. Unfortunately, I see nothing in the first episode that will prove to me otherwise - from aesthetics, scripting and to the quality of the presentation.

As for whether this show will contain a compelling story or not, I'll be the judge of that when the time comes.
what i mean about "most shoujo shows being like that" is that the first episode is not ground breaking. you realize that this anime started very differently from the manga? they skipped about 3-4 chapters of the manga. Shoujo shows start very slow and that is why they didn't start the show with the early story from the manga because it is full of action. I was done on purpose.
Old 2009-04-11, 04:14   Link #47
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
what i mean about "most shoujo shows being like that" is that the first episode is not ground breaking. you realize that this anime started very differently from the manga? they skipped about 3-4 chapters of the manga. Shoujo shows start very slow and that is why they didn't start the show with the early story from the manga because it is full of action. I was done on purpose.
No, I didn't read the manga, not that that changes the fact that the anime should be able to stand on its own. I wasn't really complaining that much about the plot setup, ridiculous and awkward they may be (I've read my fair share of out-of-this world initial shoujo scenarios as well), neither am I looking for action/tension right off the bat, just wasn't impressed with the execution of the whole thing. *shrugs*

Honestly? I'm just here for the shipping!
Old 2009-04-11, 14:23   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just rewatched ep1 and liked it even more the second time. I thought they set up the situation quite well, and the characters had something to them. To me, the animation was acceptably average for a show of this kind.

And I thought Endou Aya (Miyuki in Lucky Star, Sheryl in Macross F, Angelique in the latest series) was really outstanding as Kajika. She seemed very present and strong and real, and her soft, husky voice is simply beautiful.

Whether the show remains interesting depends on how the relationships among the characters evolve -- dead and cliched, or alive and a novel take on the meme. I thought they made a good start in the right direction.
Spoiler for speculation based on ep1:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:49   Link #49
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
You think so? I thought father seemed rather clueless about that aspect of the situation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 16:55   Link #50
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The narrative was alittle too on the disjointed side for me, but I do love me a good Reverse Harem story so probably gonna stick it out either way.

Mmm have to pick a favorite guy though...hmmm...*rewatches OP*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 17:51   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You think so? I thought father seemed rather clueless about that aspect of the situation.
You may be right, but I thought...
Spoiler for ep1, LKK and Kimichi:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-04-11, 23:44   Link #52
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Whether the show remains interesting depends on how the relationships among the characters evolve -- dead and cliched, or alive and a novel take on the meme. I thought they made a good start in the right direction.
Damn! I don't think I can even comment on that without spoiling.

Spoiler for moderator's note for Golthin:

Last edited by monir; 2009-04-12 at 09:10.
Old 2009-04-12, 18:44   Link #53
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 2 Photoessay.

Sebastian is better than Eugene :P
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 06:34   Link #54
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

ep 1 was Great ..Li Ren So HOT!!
but 39 ep for this show will give me a lot of Nose Bleed
Old 2009-04-15, 13:42   Link #55
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Protip: the father is /ANYTHING/ but clueless -_^

btw, we (m.3.3.w) will hopefully get ep 2 out in a couple of days - sorry for the delay ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:52   Link #56
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Protip: the father is /ANYTHING/ but clueless -_^

btw, we (m.3.3.w) will hopefully get ep 2 out in a couple of days - sorry for the delay ^_^
the father is a genius and calculating man. His calculations are actually the only thing I consider fantasy in this show.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:22   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
the father is a genius and calculating man. His calculations are actually the only thing I consider fantasy in this show.
Oh i agree the father is awesome i admire any character that is as calculating as that man is.
Old 2009-04-15, 19:56   Link #58
Molenir

Quote:
Oh i agree the father is awesome i admire any character that is as calculating as that man is.
Really? I'm the exact opposite. I find him to be disgusting, treating his daughter the way he does. Using her in a game. He's a vile little man.

Eugene. Interesting character, but damn he needs a haircut so badly. So far the only characters worth watching are the Japanese friend from episode 1, and Li-Ren.

And no, I'm not excepting the heroine. I can't stand her either. Running around chasing Eugene blathering on about how he has the spirit of her leopard. I mean, just wow! What an idiot. Makes me want to smack the brainless little twit. Add in her excusing Eugene there at the end. With this kind of pathetic, yet typical shoujo attitudes, its going to be tough to keep watching this show.

I'm going to give this show just one more episode, then in all probability, I'll end up dropping it. I typically enjoy the reverse harem type shows, but so far, this isn't one I'll be able to stand watching.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 20:10   Link #59
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Really? I'm the exact opposite. I find him to be disgusting, treating his daughter the way he does. Using her in a game. He's a vile little man.

Eugene. Interesting character, but damn he needs a haircut so badly. So far the only characters worth watching are the Japanese friend from episode 1, and Li-Ren.

And no, I'm not excepting the heroine. I can't stand her either. Running around chasing Eugene blathering on about how he has the spirit of her leopard. I mean, just wow! What an idiot. Makes me want to smack the brainless little twit. Add in her excusing Eugene there at the end. With this kind of pathetic, yet typical shoujo attitudes, its going to be tough to keep watching this show.

I'm going to give this show just one more episode, then in all probability, I'll end up dropping it. I typically enjoy the reverse harem type shows, but so far, this isn't one I'll be able to stand watching.
yeah, the leopard spirit angle was the most silly part of the show. Thank goodness it doesn't last for too long. I suspect many people will drop the show because of this, which is a pity.
Old 2009-04-15, 21:29   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Kajika is a free spirit. The leopard-guy thing was sudden and a fantasy, but she trusts her instincts. And she doesn't care what we think, either, lol. She may care what Liren thinks, though. We'll see.

She is my main reason for liking the first two episodes. She really does have some characteristics that a brilliant girl raised alone in luxury (with a leopard) might have: self-confidence, no sense of danger, implicit trust in her own ideas. Things most of us don't have.

She would also probably be really hard to live with, always charging off in whatever direction she wanted. As Liren continues to find out.

Maybe it's just my liking for Endou Aya's voice, but the combination of that and the drawing makes me think there really is a living, breathing person behind her eyes.

I agree that some people must be put off by things like the leopard and seeing the leopard in the guy. This is certainly fantasy. However, I expect all the candidates will come to seem likeable, eventually. Otherwise, the conclusion would be totally obvious.

Tags
romance, shoujo