AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-06-28, 21:19   Link #361
bludvein

There was one large error in this chapter though. Arda's camp shouldn't be able to monitor Tarosheim in detail, so how could they know about Taros reviving or the original vampires?

It was a big deal that they didn't have any information before thanks to the barrier and the clairvoyance countermeasures Vandal laid down. Even later in the chapter they mention how the original vampires are still sealed like they don't know. It's inconsistent.

EDIT: New chapter...

The recipe for coke is serious business, and it's hard to tell what's going on with the scene with Mei. Who was the white spirit and what did Van give Mei exactly? Feels like it's going to severely pit Avalon later.

Last edited by bludvein; 2017-07-02 at 16:14.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 16:59   Link #362
sasuke706

I like how he kept prioritizing coke over meeting gods and getting blessing.
I would too, honestly.

The Mei scene was actually fairly interesting. Normally how people get blessings is the god in question tears off a part of themself and gives it to someone.
Like with the white spirit, how he tore off a part of his eyes and gave it to her. How the other Talosheim citizens said they got stuff from him too, like dragon claws that he got from another god or whatever.
Instead, he tore off a bunch of his parts, made it into a mini-him, and gave it to her. Other gods do this too; he made a partition of himself, just like how Michael's Ice Age spear had a portion of a god in it.
So he basically just gave her the 分霊降臨 (Partial Advent?) skill from how I see it. Which is one below the God/dess Advent skill, and one above the Heroic Spirit Advent skill.
So Van is literally her guardian angel. I wonder if he'll teach her neat death spells in her dreams.

He also said she was about 1-2 years old, so it shouldn't be much longer until her parents find out she's the new death mage in town.

Also, that white spirit is totally the Metamorphosis hero, the one who had her death faked and psyche erased and replaced by Avalon, turning her into his body double and puppet.
Since it seems like she got a partial Vandalieu blessing (like everyone else has been getting), looks like she'll be recovering at some point. He specifically gave her eyes to help her see who she is and all.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 01:08   Link #363
cabman11

At this rate he might become a dream God / spirit God rather than death God.

Then again the spirit world / dream world is another way to represent the afterlife / Hades / underworld
Old 2017-07-03, 02:00   Link #364
cabman11

Also I have a theory,
Natural reincarnation and natural afterlife do exist. It's just that every world that The Reincarnation god is connected to isn't capable of accessing it. And that he is essentially holding the planets hostage with his own system. And the gods do not know this or notice because they're all younger than him.

Long story short, he's a massive Criminal stealing and holding hostage trillions of Souls
Old 2017-07-03, 05:36   Link #365
sasuke706

^
^^
But you also have to consider god nature. Him doing reincarnation stuff is basically instinct to him.
You could actually argue that when cutting off an entire world became an option him, he's actually becoming warped to his nature.
Plus the more souls in his system is better for him, so doing anything with said hostages would harm him as well. And going by his relationship with the Lambda gods, the only benefit these hostages bring him is other gods typically just leave him alone.

Also, the dream stuff is just him unconsciously doing god stuff. It's just he became partially conscious during it this time.
Him not being able to consciously do it is probably why he can't give a complete blessing.

The author's having a blast with "Banda" in the comments.
Saying he's fuzzy, he's basically Mei's personal Stand (from Jojo), even without adventing like normal gods and whatnot he's always around Mei, that he might appear in Mei's photo backgrounds, etc.
Banda also said that he "only" has the power to protect Mei, but since Vandalieu's scale of power is hard to read, that could very well be extremely strong still. There's a difference between protecting Mei from spiders, and from the world and all.
The next interval that's coming up is apparently going to be about them and all.
Old 2017-07-03, 06:06   Link #366
cabman11

>photo background
Yeah that's not going to get real creepy real fast
Old 2017-07-03, 06:28   Link #367
bludvein

He was going for guardian angel and instead ended up with creepy black silhouette that destroys any threats to her. Totally not going to be misunderstood

Will the Bravers be able to solve their own problems with the Origin God's blessing, or will the cards Vandal left end up doing it for them?
Old 2017-07-03, 10:29   Link #368
chobits15

Ok in the recent translated chapter, van found out he can literally break soul and prevent them from reincarnation , judging from that he can weaken that asshole reincarnation god by cutting off his supply of souls
chobits15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 11:53   Link #369
sasuke706

^^I imagine it's going to be another set amount of people die, set amount of people survive thing.
Meta-puppet will probably end up killing Avalon or at least revealing his true nature before she inevitably dies and joins Van's crew somehow.
Them all dying would be amusing, but it seems fairly unlikely. Unless Avalon's treachery leads the entire world to be on a manhunt for the whole group or something.

The question is what will happen to Mei. Since she isn't promised any reincarnation stuff, her methods are a bit more open.
1. They figure out a way to summoner her to Lambda. The only case of this happening is with the Bellwood generation of heroes, though. Reincarnation is kind of the theme for Van's group.
2. She dies and Banda takes her to Lambda, where she reincarnates into...something. Maybe one of Vandalieu's inevitable kids, a custom-made body like Mom and Pluto, a ghost who just materializes like the ones always with him, etc.
3. She dies and Rodocorte takes interest in her, sending her to Lambda with a piece of the Demon Lord soul since she's in all likelihood very compatible with it.
4. She dies and nothing comes of it at all (yeah right).
5. She lives and stays on Origin (also unlikely).

^Not exactly how that works.
Rodocorte manages the soul system of several worlds. Even if Vandalieu broke every soul on Lambda, it'd just be a headache to him and not an actual fatal blow.
But don't worry, Van figures out a way to accidentally screw him over anyway later on.

Van breaking a soul is annoying because basically an error pops up in the system that he has to manually click to go away.
So it amounts to harassment at best.
Old 2017-07-06, 15:45   Link #370
bludvein

This series really has a way with turning things that should be horror funny. Seems like the shapechanger girl/guy didn't immediately recover, so Avalon isn't exposed yet. I figure it will start turning into a massive clusterfuck when the next side story comes around though.
Old 2017-07-06, 16:02   Link #371
cabman11

Banda is a spook
Old 2017-07-06, 17:05   Link #372
sasuke706

Yeah, Vandalieu has a way of turning horror into lighthearted normalcy.
Like when your 1-1/2 year old starts drawing black figures and insisting it's not a panda but a "Banda," you barely sense what might just maybe be magic who no notable source occasionally, and then bugs just kind of die around the baby, it's pretty spooky.
Not to mention Vandalieu appeared in the mirror for a brief second (when he materialized), and he plans on testing his abilities out, probably causing more spooky noises and stuff. Plus Mei becomes really happy when she's playing "alone".
It's just Banda's aware of he's a walking creepypasta and is taking it in strides.

The next Origin side story will probably be 1 and a half years later in-story, when Mei is discovered to have death magic as an attribute and the married couple inevitably go to consult Avalon—who they trust—about what to do.
I imagine Metamorph will have somewhat reconstructed her ego by then, and the new Eighth Guidance believers, or Undead worshipers, will have formed some sort of concrete connection with each other.

Banda's description sounded like a mix between Jeff the Killer, Slenderman, and some other creepy thing except with four eyes and more insectoid-ish.
Old 2017-07-06, 17:32   Link #373
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Yeah, Vandalieu has a way of turning horror into lighthearted normalcy.
Like when your 1-1/2 year old starts drawing black figures and insisting it's not a panda but a "Banda," you barely sense what might just maybe be magic who no notable source occasionally, and then bugs just kind of die around the baby, it's pretty spooky.
Not to mention Vandalieu appeared in the mirror for a brief second (when he materialized), and he plans on testing his abilities out, probably causing more spooky noises and stuff. Plus Mei becomes really happy when she's playing "alone".
It's just Banda's aware of he's a walking creepypasta and is taking it in strides.

The next Origin side story will probably be 1 and a half years later in-story, when Mei is discovered to have death magic as an attribute and the married couple inevitably go to consult Avalon—who they trust—about what to do.
I imagine Metamorph will have somewhat reconstructed her ego by then, and the new Eighth Guidance believers, or Undead worshipers, will have formed some sort of concrete connection with each other.

Banda's description sounded like a mix between Jeff the Killer, Slenderman, and some other creepy thing except with four eyes and more insectoid-ish.
If it takes more than a year for everything to go down in Origin they will be even more late to the party, so I'm not sure it will take that long. Even if they kicked the bucket right now they'd need at least 2-3 years in Lambda to be worth anything to the current Vandal, and that's assuming Vandal's blowout growth doesn't continue(unlikely).

Getting tested for attribute magic is normally at 3, but did it ever say it had to wait til then? Avalon already seemed suspicious of Mei and will only grow more so with "Banda's" actions. I don't think he has the patience to wait.
Old 2017-07-06, 17:47   Link #374
sasuke706

It didn't say it had to wait until 3, but I imagine since they've already waited one and a half years, waiting that again won't be much of an issue. There's also probably a reason it isn't done sooner anyway.
They might be getting busier with the "Undead" worshipers increasing again as well, leaving less attention for Mei's paranormal happenings.

Plus, it's not like they can't improve while on Origin still, in a skill sense since that gets calculated in the transfer. It's just their stats will be way behind on the move to Lambda.
On top of that, Rodocorte will be using all of his resources to strengthen them instead of just giving them a couple things to help out. And there's the demon lord soul fragments he plans on using.
Further, since he's cooperating with Alda's faction of gods, it'll be easier for the reincarnators to get god blessings and divine weapons.
While they won't likely ever catch up to Van one way or another regardless, it'll make partially catching up a lot easier.

Van's also slowed down quite a bit, trying to do 'diplomatic relations' again as of late, and the idol group tours also take up time for the idols and their guards.
The only ones really actively working on getting stronger that we know of are a few of them on the demon continent, like Borcuse, Vigaro, Powvina, Jeena, etc.

I just don't think the author will throw away the 3-year-old flag. If he was, there would've been more...action this interlude, I feel.
Of course I'd like it if they came over to Lambda sooner rather than later (except for Banda since I kinda wanna see him become an urban legend), I just don't see it happening.
Old 2017-07-06, 17:53   Link #375
cabman11

Actually honestly just wish there was a time difference between origin and Lambda. Like two or three times faster
Even 50% faster would be decent at least we can get to see the little girl grow up.

And if they're already is when I'm probably not paying attention
Old 2017-07-06, 17:59   Link #376
sasuke706

No, the time progression is the same between Earth, Origin, and Lambda.
Plus, she can grow up quickly. If she somehow dies and reincarnates to Lambda, she doesn't have to start as a baby.
They have a perfectly good vampire purebreed body available and all (probably won't use it for that, though). Will still mentally be a baby would be an issue, I suppose.

The three reincarnator babies still have to grow up though, so it's not like there isn't quite a bit of time allowance to make use of still.
Old 2017-07-10, 15:29   Link #377
bludvein

New Chapter...

I wonder if he'll just run over and bomb the dungeon like he initially rejected or wait to hijack his copy in the 65th layer. I know he said he wouldn't since it would be dangerous if multiple gods descended, but Arda and Heinz are hitting his berserk button hard.

Last edited by bludvein; 2017-07-10 at 15:39.
Old 2017-07-10, 16:36   Link #378
sasuke706

The scenario I want to see most is Vandalieu uses his clone to kill the god governing the dungeon, and other gods come to essentially sacrifice themselves so Heinz's crew can flee.
Not that I know if that'll happen or not. He also said before that he'd like to talk first.

Very nice chapter end. Good production to say that it pissed him off and then ended with his "Abyss" skill leveling up.

Good to see Banda is getting along just fine with Mei-kun.
The author basically said Banda is probably stronger than "Undead" was. At the very least he has more mana.
They also dropped some flags that since Banda doesn't have the guide skill, Mei might be learning it like Vandalieu did. Someone has to guide the others who missed their chance and all, and Van can't seem to make it back to Origin.
If Vandalieu is Vida's holy child, Mei seems to be Vandalieu's.

Oh, and apparently all the reincarnation are either going to be turned into amnesiac puppets to fight Van, or get guided by Van.
The problem with the former is they're going to get the Origin "Undead" treatment, and the latter means they're probably already suicidal or traumatized if they're getting guided by Van.
Fun for everyone.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2017-07-10 at 17:26.
Old 2017-07-10, 19:56   Link #379
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Oh, and apparently all the reincarnation are either going to be turned into amnesiac puppets to fight Van, or get guided by Van.
The problem with the former is they're going to get the Origin "Undead" treatment, and the latter means they're probably already suicidal or traumatized if they're getting guided by Van.
Fun for everyone.
Only those who refuse to fight and choose adult incarnation would get mind-wiped. Those who pick the other options would still likely end up doing Arda's bidding though since Rodocorte sold them out as part of his cooperation.

I don't think they will be sent to fight Van though, at least not in the short term. Arda seems more concerned about waking up Bellwood than direct confrontation. The reincarnates would be good fodder for that purpose since Arda doesn't care if they kick the bucket.
Old 2017-07-10, 20:56   Link #380
cabman11

Why do I get the feeling that Vans curse has already kind of been neutralized by now.? Like with all that he is, would that even work anymore on him? even if he was cursed?

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist