AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-29, 14:27   Link #2021
james0246

Perusing my recent issue of "Entertainment Weekly", the Book Review section reviewed some decent Zombie novels, one of which, Pariah, featured this helpful Zombie Survival Tip: "A pair of Big-and-Tall overalls stuffed with babies' onesies can make astonishingly effective anti-Zombie armor."

This is probably the most important tip (concerning Zombie Survival) in a long time....

Last edited by james0246; 2010-10-29 at 14:42.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 18:18   Link #2022
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Perusing my recent issue of "Entertainment Weekly", the Book Review section reviewed some decent Zombie novels, one of which, Pariah, featured this helpful Zombie Survival Tip: "A pair of Big-and-Tall overalls stuffed with babies' onesies can make astonishingly effective anti-Zombie armor."

This is probably the most important tip (concerning Zombie Survival) in a long time....
james0246; Are you talking about using dirty diapers?!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 18:32   Link #2023
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
james0246; Are you talking about using dirty diapers?!
Having not read the book described in the review, I cannot say whether the diapers are dirty or not (rather, I assumed the diapers would act as a protective padding that a Zombie couldn't get through), but it would be pretty funny if dirty diapers could be used to combat Zombies. If there is one thing humans are good at, itís creating lots of shit...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 18:47   Link #2024
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Having not read the book described in the review, I cannot say whether the diapers are dirty or not (rather, I assumed the diapers would act as a protective padding that a Zombie couldn't get through), but it would be pretty funny if dirty diapers could be used to combat Zombies. If there is one thing humans are good at, itís creating lots of shit...
LOL! Damned if you ain't got that right!!! and if you and the rest of the Squad can wait, in about 5-6 months my newest will be able to provide all the dirty diapers y'all will ever need! Eat, sleep, cry, and crap= it's what babies do, besides just being a lot of fun!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-10-29, 21:22   Link #2025
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Woah... I just took a break from here, and now I'm confused what we are discussing something about dirty diapers? (looks back)
Old 2010-10-29, 23:29   Link #2026
Knightrunner

Maybe zombies have more than the need to feed attitude if babies can be use as zombie repelents.

Zombies have feelings too.
Old 2010-10-30, 06:23   Link #2027
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Why come there are no baby zombies.......or at least I haven't seen any, that'd be scary!!

I think I have a great costume for my nephew........
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:04   Link #2028
Lost Cause

While I guess there could be "baby zombies" I don't think they'd be much of a threat...not unless you just happen to be in a hospital maternity ward that is infected by the "zombie virus" and knock over a few of the basenets and trip! Then you'll have "rug rats" gumming the heck outta you!
Happy Halloween Y'all

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-10-30, 12:31   Link #2029
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
While I guess there could be "baby zombies" I don't think they'd be much of a threat
THey crawl through the air vents, they come out of your toilet, they sleep in your doghouse and draw unsuspecting victims with their creepy cries, which directly translate to "BRAAAAAINS!" Definitely one of the worst kinds of zombies. Plus there's the "who would shoot a baby" thing and all the insanity that would incur.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 12:37   Link #2030
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Dirty diapers....?

I'm hardly surprised anymore.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:28   Link #2031
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
THey crawl through the air vents, they come out of your toilet, they sleep in your doghouse and draw unsuspecting victims with their creepy cries, which directly translate to "BRAAAAAINS!" Definitely one of the worst kinds of zombies. Plus there's the "who would shoot a baby" thing and all the insanity that would incur.
Kafriel, thats just plain CREEPY!!@~@! KUDOS though, as it is Halloween and all!^-^

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-11-05, 09:29   Link #2032
ZeKeR
Superbad

lets talk about combat ability nao...

well as far as im concerned, im not gonna care if we ARE god tier sifters or just defensive people who can shoot. its how we move with the gun or melee item we are carrying.

as far as i can go (and my limit), it takes me about six seconds to reload an M16A2, three for a sidearm, seven for a shotgun (if talking about empty and its tube holds six shells plus the chamber), seven for a bolt action rifle (yes, an M1903 stripper clip IS a bit hard to push down).

RoF with a semi is a bit slow as im not the type to just go guns-a-blazing at anything NOT human and very deadly.

if you live near a mountain, a secondary melee item such as a bolo can be vital to survival (didja know that a country that has SHITLOADS of jungle always has a blade issued to each soldier? hell i am goddamn envious of the Nepalese Kukri) along with your primary weapon
Old 2010-11-06, 12:00   Link #2033
Lost Cause

I'm sorely out of practice due to my current condition, but I can reload my P7 in about 4 secs.(damn heel release button!) my .45 in about 2secs, an AR-15 in about 10 secs.
and a pump shotgun in like 20.
I'm not a "spray n pray" type as I hate to waste bullets and like making one shot count! But I could draw and get off a decent "double tap" (2 shots real quick) in a bot 2 seconds when I was practiceing regularly, now I'm not sure.
My usual mode of carry is either inside the waistband or a shoulder holster, preferred gun an ancient Colt .45 and two extra magazines, 21 bullets in all. Or the above mentioned P7 with 2 extra magazine(24 bullets).

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-11-06, 12:24   Link #2034
ZeKeR
Superbad

the combat gear i found most ideal for women (i know its for airsoft but a similar one like this is better) or anyone who wants to go light with all load and no protection

a combat vest plate was meant to stop bullets, but im sure as hell it wont be effective enough for a bite from a zombie or a thrashing from a mutant

Old 2010-11-06, 15:36   Link #2035
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
I'm sorely out of practice due to my current condition, but I can reload my P7 in about 4 secs.(damn heel release button!) my .45 in about 2secs, an AR-15 in about 10 secs.
and a pump shotgun in like 20.
I'm not a "spray n pray" type as I hate to waste bullets and like making one shot count! But I could draw and get off a decent "double tap" (2 shots real quick) in a bot 2 seconds when I was practiceing regularly, now I'm not sure.
My usual mode of carry is either inside the waistband or a shoulder holster, preferred gun an ancient Colt .45 and two extra magazines, 21 bullets in all. Or the above mentioned P7 with 2 extra magazine(24 bullets).

Ammo has been getting more and more expensive over the years, as I'm sure you and your husband know too well :hehe: , so spraying and praying isn't even an option for me unless I'm out there plinking with .22's. You can blow through 7 round mags on a 1911 in under 3 seconds. And considering 50 rounds of blazer brass will set you back 20+ dollars...

And then you factor in the fact that you won't be able to buy more ammo in a Post Apocalyptic world, and have to be mindful of every shot you make, one shot kills become even more necessary.

This is a reason why I'll take a rifle over a pistol anyday, if I have to choose one. The ONLY thing a rifle can't do that a pistol can do, is be used in room to room sweeps. And it's not that it can't be used, but it's not very affective unless you are using a barrel under 16"(M4 anyone?). However, a Rifle can do MANY things better than a pistol. No human being, and no zombie, is going to survive a rifle shot through the cranium. And a Rifle is far superior for hunting out in the wilderness. If you're using a cartridge in the 3+ size, even large animals are fair game.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1575838743-post38.html

Of course it goes without saying that I would have at least one sidearm to go with my rifle. It's always nice having a backup.

On tactical gear, 99% of the people planning, should think move ability over protection. Of course you want some protection, but if it slows you down, or restricts your movement, you're as good as dead. You do not want to get swarmed. You won't even be safe long term in a suit of armor, as they can outlast us, and won't quit.

Of course we're just re-hashing the same stuff we've been talking about since this thread began, but it is fun.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 17:29   Link #2036
Lost Cause

^ Which is why I went to the 9mm bullet! It's way cheaper to shoot ( like $15-17 for cheap practice bullets or even cheaper for surplus stuff), plus most of the guns that shoot it hold twice as much bullets as a .45. And it kicks less too. That and the fact that it's more common than the other pistol bullets mentioned in the past. .223 and 9mm are pretty much standard stuff!
Oh, and ZeKeR, I'll take one of those ammo pouch dohickies! But can I get in black? What? A girl has to be fashionable! Even in an apocalypse!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-11-06, 20:48   Link #2037
justinstrife

Quote:
^ Which is why I went to the 9mm bullet! It's way cheaper to shoot ( like $15-17 for cheap practice bullets or even cheaper for surplus stuff), plus most of the guns that shoot it hold twice as much bullets as a .45. And it kicks less too. That and the fact that it's more common than the other pistol bullets mentioned in the past. .223 and 9mm are pretty much standard stuff!
Oh, and ZeKeR, I'll take one of those ammo pouch dohickies! But can I get in black? What? A girl has to be fashionable! Even in an apocalypse!
My researching is telling me that the Smith and Wesson M&P .40 can shoot .40, .357 Sig, and 9mm just by swapping out barrels and magazines. I'm putting a hold on the Glock idea until I verify the M&Pc has this capability as well. Cor a carry piece, I prefer the .40 or .357 over the 9mm, but if I'm only going for slow moving zombies and I need maximum magazine capacity, the 9mm would sure come in handy. All in the same gun!

Lets face it. The most common handgun calibers you are probably going to find in a post apocalyptic world, will be .22lr, 9mm, and .45acp.
Old 2010-11-07, 02:07   Link #2038
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
My researching is telling me that the Smith and Wesson M&P .40 can shoot .40, .357 Sig, and 9mm just by swapping out barrels and magazines. I'm putting a hold on the Glock idea until I verify the M&Pc has this capability as well. Cor a carry piece, I prefer the .40 or .357 over the 9mm, but if I'm only going for slow moving zombies and I need maximum magazine capacity, the 9mm would sure come in handy. All in the same gun!

Lets face it. The most common handgun calibers you are probably going to find in a post apocalyptic world, will be .22lr, 9mm, and .45acp.
well if i am correct.... and my LULZ MODE is on....

9mm
-VERY mobile
-best against unarmored targets (ie. flesh)

.22LR
-yeah.. it be best for range
-but NOT against close range as it has little power to knock a body down

.45ACP
-all round, and mobile
-has stopping power
-but causes epic recoil in said gun

.45-70 (my uncle has a contender with him)
-Heh....
-has STOPPING POWER
-albeit with recoil

.40S&W
-lets just say its a love-child of the 9mm and .45ACP

oh and bring plenty of primary ammunition and secondary ammo too...
anything that uses STANAG magazine in rifles is highly recommended

i get it right?
Old 2010-11-07, 02:51   Link #2039
justinstrife

I think you're on track Zeker. Only problem with .45-70, is finding the ammo or the weapons that shoot it when you're out and about. I've fired one before(I believe it was a Marlin?) and definitely a good hunting round for sure! For availability it's going to be hard to beat 30-06 for a hunting round. More so than .270, 25-06, .308, 30-30, etc I believe.
Old 2010-11-07, 03:09   Link #2040
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Has anyone here tried to find a way to dissolve smokeless powder (nitrocellulose) in water?

I was thinking of a new water filtration method, but the closest one I can think of is calclium powder.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies