AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 41 30.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 28.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 8.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.75%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 15:20   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HAHA!
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-23, 15:31   Link #22
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Actually, after taking a closer look it does'nt look like Jun's shirt. His shirt is a darker shade and has the line where the sleeve connects to the body. The shirt in the preview clip is lighter in color and does'nt have that line. Plus the shirt in the preview clip is a little baggier while Jun's shirt has a more narrow cut. Intentionally misleading preview clip. Good, I don't have to kill Jun now.
yes, that is what I thought too. The police car is a giveaway, they probably were stopped on the highway by the police. Shin's fight is probably because word got out that Hiromi was arrested or something.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:35   Link #23
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yes, that is what I thought too. The police car is a giveaway, they probably were stopped on the highway by the police. Shin's fight is probably because word got out that Hiromi was arrested or something.
You could be right, maybe they were stopped by the police because it's considered too dangerous to go out by motorcycle when it was snowing like that. I thought that maybe she ran off after being taken someplace but your guess sounds better.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:37   Link #24
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Shin's fight is probably because word got out that Hiromi was arrested or something.
The fact that Hiromi was out with a boy at night time is ammunition enough for a lot of rumor in a lot of Asian countries. Shin probably will be fighting for Hiromi's honor.

Poor Noe! Episode 9 should mark the beginning of the end of her journey with Shin.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:46   Link #25
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Poor Noe! Episode 9 should mark the beginning of the end of her journey with Shin.
Well, being only 13 episodes long, they had to start eliminatiing girls. Aiko and Nobuse are the first Casualties. Aiko is now avoiding nobuse big time!
Old 2008-02-23, 15:50   Link #26
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
The fact that Hiromi was out with a boy at night time is ammunition enough for a lot of rumor in a lot of Asian countries. Shin probably will be fighting for Hiromi's honor.

lulz, watch the ending be noexshin...poor,poor victimized hiromi.
Old 2008-02-23, 15:53   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Aiko and Nobuse are the first Casualties.
I emphatically disagree!

Quote:
Aiko is now avoiding nobuse big time!
She will cry on his shoulder. Mark my word on that. I feel so strongly about it that I wouldn't mind being quoted if I turn out to be wrong.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:00   Link #28
Hage-bai
Banned

Maybe the police car is there to arrest Shin after the fight?
Old 2008-02-23, 16:05   Link #29
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
It looks like nighttime in that preview clip with the police car so it's not at school. Notice that the house lights are on.

Also, I think the school would handle the disciplining if necessary. Unless someone got seriously hurt but it looks like the fight stopped when the girl (Hiromi?) walked up to them.

So it's probably more likely that the police car took Hiromi home.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:08   Link #30
golthin

Quote:
She will cry on his shoulder. Mark my word on that. I feel so strongly about it that I wouldn't mind being quoted if I turn out to be wrong.
ill make sure I do so! Look at her face when she signaled him she couldn't see him that day!
nobuse and Shin were a package, without Shin nobuse becomes unecessary plus his she seeing him all the time will remind her of Shin.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:13   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another rich feast. Have I said how much I love this show?

The part I liked best was when Hiromi realized she said the same thing to Noe that Shinmother had said to her: "Your innocent face just captures men's hearts." (approx.) I had noticed a couple of times in previous episodes that they made Hiromi's eyes narrow in just the same way the Shinmother's do.

Personally, I feel Shin's mother's pain: as she says, this girl has come in and made her man and her son into allies against her. But at the end of the later scene, I think Hiromi's pain and determination are making her realize that what she is doing is bad. I didn't hear anything from Shin's mother about "nee-san."

Of course I loved seeing Shin showing love for Noe. Sure, he still loves Hiromi, but Noe is reaching him. She seems to be making him happy. He is in the best state of mind I can remember in the show, with his "happiness hairdo" and his energy in drawing his story. I just hope this is not the high-water mark of their relationship, as it could be. I do not look forward to Noe finding out about the deal.

It looks to me as if Nobuse's imperturbable love will eventually soften Ai. Not my preference. We'll see how they do it, if it does go that way.

In the basketball scene, the agreement was that whoever won could ask questions and get true answers. Hiromi asked how many guys Noe had gone out with, and Jun said "zero," and that all the rumors about her were false. Jun being honest about the deal was a shocker. Her quiet reaction was great.

The dangerous cliffhanger was also great: when Hiromi went and asked Jun to take her on the bike, he said he told her he didn't ride in the snow, that he didn't want to die. But she made him follow his agreement to do whatever she wanted.

Her calling him a siscon was a lovely irony, since she loves her putative brother. I don't see them making love, but it's possible: she is beyond the end of her tether and might do anything. But I get no sense at all that he would "take advantage" of her. Maybe the other way round, but I still doubt it. He is more human and humane in this episode than in any other.

Not sure about the shirt. It could be anyone, including Jun. Slight differences in drawing by the different crews that do each episode. I see both a similarity and an intimacy between Jun and Hiromi that I don't see between Shin and Hiromi: they are both tough and sad and living with the unattainable object. Her smile when he agrees to shoot from further out was beautifully complex.

This episode was by the Korean crew that did eps 2 and 5, but this time with a Japanese director (and two Korean animation supervisors).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-23 at 16:24.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:19   Link #32
metronome
Mad Loli

well.........I like shin a bit more now

Spoiler:

and about hiromi, she shouldn't be too bitchy about stuffs happened, actually she has some part in it to that cause it.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:29   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I support this actually!

Nobu has learnt his lesson and ai needs someone who will take care of her. Perfect

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-23, 16:32   Link #34
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, it looks as if Nobuse's imperturbable love will eventually soften Ai. Sigh.
There is good chances of that happening, I think we are done with Aiko and Shin. She is no longer of any consequence. Aiko looked pained when she told him she couldn't see him that day.
Now it depends on the writers. I really don't want Aiko and Nobuse to end together, but I rarely get my wish, so i think there is 95% chance of them ending together. My gut feeling tells me they won't end together, but I am wrong so often that I should just go with the opposite.

I was really hoping for a not full fldged rejection, but it didn't go that way. Now the only thing we got left is to see how Aiko and Nobuse end together. IT was a good move for nobuse to not let her break up with him. That has kept his chances going. I guess cowardice sometime can get you get the girl.
Old 2008-02-23, 16:32   Link #35
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hage-bai View Post
Maybe because of a bike accident ? We can see an injured hand in the preview.
Old 2008-02-23, 17:21   Link #36
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Not sure about the shirt. It could be anyone, including Jun. Slight differences in drawing by the different crews that do each episode.
Spoiler for Don't read if you don't want to know about my analysis of the red shirt in the preview clip.:

Quote:
I see both a similarity and an intimacy between Jun and Hiromi that I don't see between Shin and Hiromi: they are both tough and sad and living with the unattainable object
For the moment they seem similar in that sense. Interesting to see who really turns out to be unattainable. Both cases, one of them, or neither?

As for Shin, he also sees Hiromi as unattainable but not quite in the same way. He thinks she likes Jun while he still does'nt quite believe what Hiromi told him about his mother's revelation to her. The first obstacle is actually bigger in Shin's mind because he really doubts his mother. I see no problem with Shin in easily developing chemistry with Hiromi if it turns out that the obstacle between them turns out to not be one at all. They got along fine before she moved in and they still managed a couple of scenes where they developed some chemistry together in earlier episodes.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-02-23 at 18:14.
Old 2008-02-23, 18:11   Link #37
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Spoiler:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH......I'm dying for the next episode already....grrr IF SHE HAS SEX I'M GOING TO TOTALLY LOSE ALL RESPECT AND LIKING FOR HER......or just be completely frustrated anyways. Sex is good and all, but under the conditions she attempts to have it is WRONG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Spoiler for episode 9 preview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
I had to agree the preview is the most shocking part in today's episode.No..i'm not gonna believe that the person behind Hiromi at the time she strip her cloth is Jun.Not the color seems to match with Jun's maroon shirt.Beside Jun's shirt has a tight sleeve,unlike the red shirt behind Hiromi in the preview that has a bigger/looser sleeve.So high chance it won't be Jun (please God don't let Jun be the first guy to take Hiromi's virginity away)...

As for the episode,it was splendid and awesome.I'm just lazy to type out any comments about it,since there's nothing much to expect from today episode,except some boring dating scene...however the next episode will be the most anticipated episode so far i think...

AWWWMYGAWDICANNOTTAKEITANYMOREIMUSTWATCHWHOTHATFUC KINGGUYWEARINGAREDSHIRTSTANDING BEHINDHALFNAKEDHIROMI
Old 2008-02-23, 18:23   Link #38
UPR

for the preview I have to say that's Jun (unfortunatly). Since nobody else was wearing something close to that colored shirt.

I hope nothing happens because if it does, I will personally be dropping this. I mean after SD anything coming close just really give me the creeps and does not feel right. Seriously I hope nothing happens because that would really drop the greatness of what the series has been so far.
Old 2008-02-23, 18:26   Link #39
Var
Banned

Good episode, a little slow and a little random (random OP much). I must admit I only really found the begining and end interesting. The middle with Noe was a little slow, cute but slow, and it showed Nobuse trying to get close to Ai again.

The begining was honestly depressing, poor Ai... I don't know if she'll give up or try again(probably the former). Though, I just felt sorry for her and for a moment I wanted to punch Shin in the face, but I can't deny that he handled it exactly as I expected. Interesting enough, we do see their kiss in Shin's memories and we see him blushing... I wonder if he might rethink his words to her.

The scene with Nobuse at the shop made me rethink the amount of credit I gave him the episode before. He acts so maturely with Shin but then he can't leave Ai alone for at least a day? I know he doesn't want to admit it but it seems wrong to me somehow.

The end was important and woke me up after the middle of episode. I liked seeing Jun caught off guard and embarrassed and I couldn't help but laugh when he was called a siscon. But, after this episode, I have a better opinion of him, he's truly doing everything for Noe which is admirable. Though, I've noticed, all of the characters in this show are obsessive in some regard.

Bah, poor Ai.
Old 2008-02-23, 18:34   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

cloudninja: Good analysis of the shirt. The shirt in the preview is closer in color and shapelessness to Noe's coat, although it's hard to figure why she'd be wearing it indoors.

I agree that this staff would not likely get the color that different (Jun's shirt is a more purply red). But there appear to be at least three different crews in two countries working on separate episodes concurrently, with a variety of animation supervisors, so there is at least some room for error. And the color and shape in the preview are not that far from how Jun's shirt was shown in ep2, around 16:00. The line is still there at the shoulder, however.

Of course Hiromi and Shin can develop intimacy. I'm not saying there is anything in this episode to contradict your well-thought-out theories of the structure of the show (note: see the fascinating speculations thread). Unfortunately, from my point of view, I don't think there is. I'm just saying what I see here and now, which is interesting emotional similarities between Hiromi and Jun. I do hope they develop further, but it's just a hope, not a theory.

As usual, this show is a drug: each hit leaves you wanting more.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread