3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-02, 19:18   Link #3841
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSheep View Post
I do not wish to appear as a jerk or anything, but I really wanted to hear people's opinions on this. That is why I'm quoting myself. Pick it apart, agree, disagree, let me hear your opinions! Reading is good too. I'm jealous of CharKnight... or howeverits spelled. He gets soo many comments...
That's because your not a loud mouth who causes people to hate him.

To actually answer your question

Lelouch died to give people a chance at peace, his death wasn't meaningless, it caused people to not hate each other. One of my problems leading up to this would be the massive bad blood between Britannia and the UFN, this ending addressed it.

With Lelouch alive, his sacrifice is meaningless, since it wasn't a sacrifice. Plus as Sol has stated several times, Lelouch hates himself, hates the kind of person he is, and hates what he does. By living than Lelouch would have all of those lives he either took or ruined on his mind. He couldn't be happy, in that type of situation.

With a sequel, the people who did die, like Shirley, and Rolo died meaningless deaths.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:20   Link #3842
FlyingSheep
Sheep of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I wonder...If the Cart driver wasn't Lelouch, why the hell would CC talk about Geass out loud? Isn't it something that should be kept secret from the world? I'm guessing the Cart driver overheard something....Anyhow, CC didn't even talk to herself in the church, everything we heard from her was her thoughts, hence she didn't open her mouth in the church....However in the last scene, she did...
She was probably telling us her name, if Lulu did die/live, and all the secrets of CG:R2. But the creators probably thought it would be a good joke and hate on everyone.
FlyingSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:53   Link #3843
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

I think Nunnally only got those flashes is because they were so close and brother as sister.
Remember that fight when Anya had her freak out just by coming in contact with Lelouch during the fight in episode 18? Neither of them had a Code then.

At that time, Marianne was slowly gaining control of Anya and by episode 20, she commandeered the loli.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:55   Link #3844
Phospholipid

I'd disagree with the statement that if Lelouch is alive that his sacrifice is meaningless. As long as the public does not know that he's still out there, the world will continue the way it is with Suzaku as Zero. The problem comes if people do figure out that he's alive. But then he can hide behind a new mask, Negative One or something hahaha. It's the future he desired isn't it?

He doesn't hate the kind of person he is, he just disliked what had to be done, but he did it because it was for the greater good so to say. But think about it, if he had to live with the thoughts of the lives he took or ruined wouldn't that be a greater punishment then just a quick death? It's what the classic immortal deals with as life moves on and they cannot.

And I'll disagree with you again on the meanings behind the death of Shirley and Rolo. Without their deaths, Lelouch would not have had the motivation to complete the unification of the world and a broader understanding of striving for tomorrow. If he's alive and there is a sequel, he'll have those lessons with him still. They don't suddenly become meaningless because he gets older or survives or anything like that.

He could be dead or alive, but death isn't where the meaning is. It's the development that happens afterwards.
Phospholipid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:59   Link #3845
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I think Sayoko had a secret one-night stand with Suzaku and ended up with a daughter, who she trains to be a kunoichi like her while going to school.

In Sayoko's Diary, the ninja maid did have somewhat of a crush on Suzaku.
DX HBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 20:00   Link #3846
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
At that time, Marianne was slowly gaining control of Anya and by episode 20, she commandeered the loli.
I was just explaining how two people could get some kind of psychic reaction without a Code even being a part of the situation.
Old 2008-10-02, 20:08   Link #3847
gtype

so many dumb people. lelouch is alive, and there probably wont be a sequel. i just hope they give us some ovas with the future of karen, orange and lelouche/cc
gtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 20:20   Link #3848
slidingk1

Talk about bad end. They sure know how to throw too many twist and turns in the plot. But the ending works in a way that puts all the loose ends into play. But come on did anyone ever expect that this would end well??
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 20:21   Link #3849
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
why would he be alive
the only thing hinting for it is that C.C was talking to him
a)so was kallen
b)she can talk to the dead

how would he have taken the code from C.C and turned imortal without nunnaly noticing that hes not dead anymore
what do you think they did with his body after he died (i dont think they would have left it there, and why hand it over to C.C when shes also a part of the crime)
and why would he even choose to be alive after all that he has done (his actions at the last arc were as rape the dog as it gets)
he died for world peace and to atone
if he isnt dead then he's just an ass
Old 2008-10-02, 20:27   Link #3850
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Talk about bad end. They sure know how to throw too many twist and turns in the plot. But the ending works in a way that puts all the loose ends into play. But come on did anyone ever expect that this would end well??
Actually since Lelouch, Suzaku and Nunnaly all had a pretty shitty past I figured it would end happy for them. i.e the 3 of them living together as in that picture that's floating around of them in the garden with Sayoko in the background.
Old 2008-10-02, 20:28   Link #3851
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why would he be alive
a)so was kallen

how would he have taken the code from C.C and turned imortal without nunnaly noticing that hes not dead anymore
what do you think they did with his body after he died (i dont think they would have left it there, and why hand it over to C.C when shes also a part of the crime)
and why would he even choose to be alive after all that he has done (his actions at the last arc were as rape the dog as it gets)
About part B, CC has never talked to the dead.

As for why he would do that about telling no one he has a Code? If he gets stuck with a Code, I would think he doesn't want people worrying about him being stuck on Earth for all eternity. He wants them to move on with their life. Also, that would pretty much scare the hell out of people if him being alive slipped out... imagine the panic if people really thought he was a Demon Emperor that couldn't die.

OK, here is some food for thought to those of us that think Lelouch is alive. We know CC has an origami crane in the hay with her. I was just thinking it was a possibility that if he did survive through a code and is the Cart driver as some think, he possibly could have told Nunnally and Nunnally only and that was a parting gift she gave him.

Last edited by eaglei3; 2008-10-02 at 21:10.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 21:29   Link #3852
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
About part B, CC has never talked to the dead.

OK, here is some food for thought to those of us that think Lelouch is alive. We know CC has an origami crane in the hay with her. I was just thinking it was a possibility that if he did survive through a code and is the Cart driver as some think, he possibly could have told Nunnally and Nunnally only and that was a parting gift she gave him.
C.C knows how to make those cranes ... Nunnally and her were making some in R1 episode 5 I believe..she could have just made the crane herself..
Old 2008-10-02, 22:00   Link #3853
eaglei3

New theory I have come up with to support the Lelouch took Charle's code. As we know in the World of C encounter, Lelouch gained double geass eyes. However, what if those eyes were a result of his wish to have a tomorrow? As we know, you have to have a certain level of Geass to obtain a code. Some people will say Lelouch geassed god, but instead, what if Lelouch gained his 2nd geass eye as a gift by the gods so that he would be able to obtain and store Charle's code at that point?
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 22:09   Link #3854
FlyingSheep
Sheep of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's because your not a loud mouth who causes people to hate him.

To actually answer your question

Lelouch died to give people a chance at peace, his death wasn't meaningless, it caused people to not hate each other. One of my problems leading up to this would be the massive bad blood between Britannia and the UFN, this ending addressed it.

With Lelouch alive, his sacrifice is meaningless, since it wasn't a sacrifice. Plus as Sol has stated several times, Lelouch hates himself, hates the kind of person he is, and hates what he does. By living than Lelouch would have all of those lives he either took or ruined on his mind. He couldn't be happy, in that type of situation.

With a sequel, the people who did die, like Shirley, and Rolo died meaningless deaths.
Very agreeable, still though, my only issue is I want to see people disagree with me. If I'm wrong that is, which I have to somewhere. I mean, I did hit some very interesting points, I just want to see if people agree with me or I'm flawed. Like I said in a previous post, for all we know Lulu could have been reincarnated as the horse. I just thought I hit some very could "could bes" in that one sentence, which I would like to discuss. I could have got one thing wrong and my entire paragraph might have been a waste of breath, for that reason I must know!

If this don't work, then I'll make a third repost demanding the burning of anime! They should get attention... Muahahahahah...Ha!
Old 2008-10-02, 22:14   Link #3855
FlyingSheep
Sheep of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why would he be alive
a)so was kallen

Very nice points, but... just to start a possible chain discussion, I'll hit on one thing. How did Nunnaly see what he did? Perhaps the producers didn't want to leave off with Nunnaly hating him. Ok maybe I'll talk about two. To be honest, his little robot pet... I forgot his name... Orange or something, did play along with Lulu's plan, he could have taken his corpse for to bury or something. But he did die, just like Charles did pre-code. Or even Zero, he could have gone so far as to say he wanted to stuff him and mount him on the wall. Ahh, so many maybes and so many opinions!
Old 2008-10-02, 22:18   Link #3856
FlyingSheep
Sheep of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
New theory I have come up with to support the Lelouch took Charle's code. As we know in the World of C encounter, Lelouch gained double geass eyes. However, what if those eyes were a result of his wish to have a tomorrow? As we know, you have to have a certain level of Geass to obtain a code. Some people will say Lelouch geassed god, but instead, what if Lelouch gained his 2nd geass eye as a gift by the gods so that he would be able to obtain and store Charle's code at that point?
Hmmm, that does take some merit. I do support the idea though, I never thought about his second eye and all. I agree though, at least I think I do, if I understand your point.
Old 2008-10-02, 22:43   Link #3857
aznpatown

hmm nebody notice how tat the flag of brittania + lelouch's blood = a cross? o.0
maybe some biblical illusion to the bible how lelouch sacrifices himsefl for the good of the world
*hint hint* maybe another possible reason tat lelouch isnt dead but rather alive and came back to live later (similar to jesus's death and his reviving). well iono tats just another reason y i thought lelouch is alive
Old 2008-10-02, 23:14   Link #3858
Alvatore
Hello

Religion and anime fuse?
Alvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:19   Link #3859
AnimEcoli

One loose end i still dont get. Why did schnitzel kept Marianne's body?
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 23:20   Link #3860
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimEcoli View Post
One loose end i still dont get. Why did schnitzel kept Marianne's body?
Charles ordered him to store it. So long as Marianne's body exists, there was a chance Marianne's persona can be moved from Anya and into her old body.