AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-15, 09:17   Link #1761
B2-Lancer

I'm no anime/manga expert, so pardon if some of this doesn't make much sense!

I find it interesting that in this series, the heroine doesn't live up to its title till the end!

I HIGHLY suspect that anime episode 9 was actually a compilation of several time-playback attempts by Homura and not a single "episode." Well, having just skimmed the anime and manga, the questions I have is:

Is Homura's time-traveling limited to periods before she met "Incubator"? If so, then episode one isn't the "baseline timeline" for pre-magical Madoka, but rather what was played out in timid Homura's first encounter with Madoka in episode 9. This was the (next to) best time for "future Homura" to hammer Madoka with the truth.

Maybe it's me, but unless the Soul Gem can inhabit what Magic girls could say, Homura isn't trying hard enough to spill the beans about Incubator to Madoka and Miki. A good display of her magic powers would've been pretty convincing to prevent any contract signing. Plus -- if it's implied that Homura can drag someone into time traveling with her that would've been more than additional proof. If so, and they together could even persuade the pasts of other magic girls all over, they could starve Kyubey's witch supply -- and plans.

One way the girls, once turned Magic Girls, might "escape" the witches fate would be to form a kind of "taint rotation ring" among them; Girl A transfers her Soul Gem's "taint" to Girl B to wash hers clean of the taint then Girl B passes hers to Girl C, then whoever's the last one passes it back to "clean" Girl A, etc. One girl always has the most taint while the others are "clean." Also, since you mostly get tainted by despair and depression, it would seem that the Girls should take up more cheerful rewarding careers, even motherhood since maybe motherly love is a great taint buster.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 13:29   Link #1762
george1234

Send a message via MSN to george1234
Looks like the release of BD/DVD 1 will be delayed due to earthquake http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/

Quote:
2011.3.15 Blu-ray/DVD 第1巻発売延期のご連絡

このたび発生しました東北地方太平洋沖地震により、被災された皆様に、心よりお見舞い申し上げ ます。

地震による電力供給不足および配送事情に鑑み、2011年3月30日に発売を予定しておりました「魔法少女 まどか☆マギカ」Blu-ray/DVD第1巻につきまして、当面の間、発売延期とさせていただきます。

皆様には多大なるご迷惑をおかけして誠に申し訳ございませんが、何卒、ご理解とご協力をお願い いたします。

尚、今後の発売予定に関しましては、決定次第、本公式サイトおよびアニプレックス公式HP上にて発表させて いただきます。
Google translation:
Quote:
Contact 2011.3.15 Blu-ray/DVD release Volume 1 of delay

The earthquake occurred off the northeastern Pacific Ocean this time, and everyone was affected, I would like sincere sympathy.

View of the circumstances and the power supply shortage caused by the earthquake distribution, scheduled to be released Orimashita March 30, 2011, "Madoka ☆ Magika Maho Shojo" Blu-ray/DVD With regard to the first volume, for the time being, and delayed release I will.

We apologize to everyone, but the inconvenience to a lot, humbly, thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

In addition, the future will be available Ni関Shimashite finalized, the official website of HP Aniplex and will be presented at the top.
george1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 15:31   Link #1763
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-8149.html

Seems like episode 11 is gonna be broadcast on MBS in it's usual timeslot for the time being.
As I thought, Shinbo is going to use the traumatic weight of the earthquake and tsunami to its full potential. What people need to see in depressing times is depressing anime. Cruel as it sounds, the emotional effect will be maximized.

Either that, or episode 11 is a reversal of the sadness trend the last 8 episodes have been following. A cheer-up, the world's not ending yet type of episode. The last beacon of hope in the darkest of hours.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 15:36   Link #1764
Seihai
スマイリウム

Nah, the rl events are totally unrelated unless you make connections to it to yourself, for example to distract yourself if the recent JP events pulled you away. I believe Urobuchi just wants to get over with it for now. As one of his rather light tweets say: "Oh damn this. I can't die before 25th March."
Old 2011-03-15, 15:45   Link #1765
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Nah, the rl events are totally unrelated unless you make connections to it to yourself, for example to distract yourself if the recent JP events pulled you away.
I am suggesting it is difficult not to subconsciously make those connections. With something so tragically iconic being discussed and throughly shown on television (videos of the injured, traumatized, grieved), the people of Japan will look at how these fictional characters suffer in a different light.

It is easy for us (unaffected, unharmed posters) to distance ourselves from making connections because we were not directly affected by tragedy.

If you want some evidence, there will be a lot of Madoka fanart relating to the earthquake/tsunami.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 15:55   Link #1766
Seihai
スマイリウム

Yes, I know. Well, the way you posted just seemed a bit wrong to me because it looked as though you meant that Shinbo delibaretely chose to broadcast the upcoming episode without delay so people can suffer even more. lol And I don't think that's the point of Madoka. Now I'm sure you didn't mean that but I just couldn't cope with the wording.
Old 2011-03-15, 17:21   Link #1767
Zippicus

What Vanish said, and on top of that Shinbo has no control over the situation.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 17:51   Link #1768
B2-Lancer

Granted, this is one wild "plot option" based from the anime and four manga issues -- but it struck me that the show might've planted an "escape" hatch to bring back a killed magic girl in the original timeline. Don't read just in case it's crazy enough for them to try...

Spoiler for :
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 21:11   Link #1769
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2-Lancer View Post
Spoiler for :
While it isn't "impossible", I think part of the reason we were shown a time loop where all the girls are together and Mami goes on a rampage is to show that having Mami around - at least until the situation with Madoka is "fixed" - is dangerous at best. In fact, I'm a little suspicious that Homura didn't struggle too much because she figured Mami would be a better example than a mentor for what Homura is trying to accomplish.
Old 2011-03-15, 21:12   Link #1770
Jimmy C

We know conclusively from ep10 that shattering the Soul Gem disengages the magical outfit. So we can now be sure that Mami's gem was crushed in ep3.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:07   Link #1771
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/

This week's Madoka ep11 has been officially delayed. No station will air it this week.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:18   Link #1772
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
We know conclusively from ep10 that shattering the Soul Gem disengages the magical outfit. So we can now be sure that Mami's gem was crushed in ep3.
Depends on whether having your head chomped off would disengage the magical outfit as well.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:34   Link #1773
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/

This week's Madoka ep11 has been officially delayed. No station will air it this week.
Ouch. Anyone know if the show will still air online?

Or is the series cancelled outright?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:42   Link #1774
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
For the time being, it's just being delayed, like many other anime atm.
Old 2011-03-16, 00:43   Link #1775
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ouch. Anyone know if the show will still air online?

It's not being cancelled. This is just an announcement in regards to this week's broadcast.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:48   Link #1776
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Oh well... at least episode 10 was entertaining enough for me to be left with this strange feeling of satisfaction for now.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 00:59   Link #1777
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
For the time being, it's just being delayed, like many other anime atm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It's not being cancelled. This is just an announcement in regards to this week's broadcast.
Just making sure. Thanks.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 01:15   Link #1778
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

So, I'm guessing is that the airing for the two remaining episodes won't be airing for a while.
Old 2011-03-16, 01:22   Link #1779
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Bummer that we won't be getting episode 11 this week, but its understandable of course.

Guess I'll rewatch all the current episodes this week because of the delay heh.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 02:03   Link #1780
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

My prayers for Japan and the world..

I'm a bit saddened there won't be Madoka this week though. DX But yeah, Japan is facing a huge Crisis today. Hope nothing follows after this disaster. I saw the news last night and it was said that there was an earthquake in Honshu. DX
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen