AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 18:34   Link #101
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
lol seem here. I imagine we won't know who ends up with who until like the last 10 minutes of the very last episode or last couple [ages of the final chapter and we flash-forward into the future.

Hm i wanna see Lucy do a Unison Raid between 3 people. She seems to be the one able to do them most. I don't really let the difference between a UR and just combining attacks, since sometimes, like when Lucy and Wendy did one, it just seemed like they were merging their attacks together.
Spoiler for Fairy Tail manga:
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 19:24   Link #102
sergel02

^ ehh still not really what I was thinking though.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 18:27   Link #103
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Lucy, Gemini, and a third person could do a unison. Actually, I'm half-expecting to see a Lucy/Natsu Unison eventually, where Lucy uses her spirit magic to power up Natsu. I'm guessing they'll save that for a really major fight, though.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 05:02   Link #104
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Lucy, Gemini, and a third person could do a unison. Actually, I'm half-expecting to see a Lucy/Natsu Unison eventually, where Lucy uses her spirit magic to power up Natsu. I'm guessing they'll save that for a really major fight, though.
Yeah probably, i really want to see them Unison. Well I want to see everyone do it. In the anime and manga, we've seen Lucy, Wendy, Juvia, Levy, Cana, Lisanna, and Gray all use it. lol most of the main girls except for Erza and Mira, the most powerful.

I'd really like to see Lucy fight Natsu or Gray for some reason. Like a serious battle. I dunno why, but it'd be cool. I can't imagine Natsu's reaction if he found out he hurt one of his comrades, especially Lucy.

BTW, i have a question I'm been wondering since i got into the show: would you all consider Lucy the protagonist or not? She's definitely the main female in the eyes of most, and in the least a deuteragonist, but what about the main character? I've seen discussions about it over the web, about it's either her or Natsu.
Old 2012-04-25, 12:28   Link #105
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

So now that we know about the 13th gate, we can assume that in the future we may see Lucy summoning a spirit dragon ? Would be cool if it happens in Yukion vs Lucy scenario.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 13:27   Link #106
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
So now that we know about the 13th gate, we can assume that in the future we may see Lucy summoning a spirit dragon ? Would be cool if it happens in Yukion vs Lucy scenario.
Well she does have a buttload of silver keys to still get, so maybe and hopefully we will.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:57   Link #107
sergel02

Well for anyone who's watch the latest episode...

what do you think that thing is that Lucy got? And why her powers stopped working?
Old 2012-04-28, 00:08   Link #108
immblueversion

Quote:
Well for anyone who's watch the latest episode...

what do you think that thing is that Lucy got? And why her powers stopped working?
According to the official website, I believe the thing Lucy has is called the "Hoshizora no Kagi", or "Starry Sky Key", since that is what this latest filler arc appears to be called. But that's just a wild guess; all I seem to know is its name.

I also hope this whole "loss of power" is a plot point that gets fleshed out and not some random thing to give Lucy less of a reason to be awesome for just a single moment. In fact, maybe it'll go all the way to her ability to use her Gatekeys, which will give more of a reason for them to, you know, celebrate their return. But there's no sign of knowing for sure that such a thing will happen.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 00:20   Link #109
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
According to the official website, I believe the thing Lucy has is called the "Hoshizora no Kagi", or "Starry Sky Key", since that is what this latest filler arc appears to be called. But that's just a wild guess; all I seem to know is its name.

I also hope this whole "loss of power" is a plot point that gets fleshed out and not some random thing to give Lucy less of a reason to be awesome for just a single moment. In fact, maybe it'll go all the way to her ability to use her Gatekeys, which will give more of a reason for them to, you know, celebrate their return. But there's no sign of knowing for sure that such a thing will happen.
Hmm well i figured it was a key of some sort. Tho at the end of this epi it looked like a clock hand.

And, possible manga spoiler here, but about the spirits:
Spoiler:

Edit: NVM she used Gemini in the last episode.

BTW no has gave their opinion on my question about whether you believe Lucy to be the protagonist or deuteragonist.

Last edited by sergel02; 2012-04-28 at 01:02.
Old 2012-04-28, 10:02   Link #110
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
There can be multiple protagonists in a series.

Anyway, it seemed like it was more that the whip itself was out of magic power, not Lucy herself. And in the manga, Lucy had summoned Capricorn, prior to Virgo showing up and inviting them to the spirit world, so I wouldn't totally count out Lucy not using her keys in the current arc. I'd hate to see her go this arc without a decent fight, and that means her using her keys. At the least, we should see her use Capricorn more, which would be good to flesh out his abilities a bit more.

As for the key, as I said in the other thread, my guess is that it is the key to a clock (many grandfather clocks have windup keys, for instance).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:54   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
BTW, i have a question I'm been wondering since i got into the show: would you all consider Lucy the protagonist or not?
Considering the plot kicks off with her joining FT and taking her participation rate into account (100% if I'm not mistaken), she is indeed one of the protagonists of Fairy Tail.

As for the current arc: can't say much until more is revealed about miss Lobster :P The artifact is certainly part of something larger, imo it will be the hand of a clock to watch her father's life for the 7 lost years.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 19:47   Link #112
sergel02

With the title for next week's chapter revealed and the preview for the next episode out too, i feel like i will be a very happy Lucy fan next week =D

I do hope Lucy get's more silver keys soon. She almost has all the gold ones. Do you think a Gold Key requires more power to summon? I know she requires more power for strong spirits, but gold keys i think are said to be rarer and one-of-a-kind, not necessarily stronger. Like imagine her summoning like Draco or Hydra. Hydra tho seems like it'd be a lot like another spirit we manga readers have already seen.
But anyway, i could totally see her like flying with a Hermes key or something. lol I keep thinking of the keys like the cards in Carcaptors.

BTW, do you think Lucy will be able to learn Heavenly Body magic one day like Jellal? She's been able to cast urano Metria, so she can use caster type magic.
Old 2012-05-05, 21:40   Link #113
immblueversion

Quote:
With the title for next week's chapter revealed and the preview for the next episode out too, i feel like i will be a very happy Lucy fan next week =D

I do hope Lucy get's more silver keys soon. She almost has all the gold ones. Do you think a Gold Key requires more power to summon? I know she requires more power for strong spirits, but gold keys i think are said to be rarer and one-of-a-kind, not necessarily stronger. Like imagine her summoning like Draco or Hydra. Hydra tho seems like it'd be a lot like another spirit we manga readers have already seen.
But anyway, i could totally see her like flying with a Hermes key or something. lol I keep thinking of the keys like the cards in Carcaptors.

BTW, do you think Lucy will be able to learn Heavenly Body magic one day like Jellal? She's been able to cast urano Metria, so she can use caster type magic.
Oh, Gold Keys most certainly do require more power. Though it varies more with the spirit, I suppose.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 02:14   Link #114
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Oh, Gold Keys most certainly do require more power. Though it varies more with the spirit, I suppose.
Really? Well i assumed as much. Where does it say that though?

Random though, but i wonder what mages Gemini can transform to? It said they must be near his/her/their? power level, and I'm guessing their power is tied to Lucy. Angel could transform them into Gray, but I'm not sure if Lucy could do the same. Maybe Levy, or Wendy and maybe Juvia.
Old 2012-05-06, 14:56   Link #115
GundamFan

Quote:

Well it's hard to say hopefully Draco, Hydra and Hydrus won't be joke silver keys if not I think we could be looking at another rare set and after seeing Ophiuchus I'm thinking Hydra and Hydrus might be acouple of real beasts, Draco I think might resemble Let from Rave Master. I'm wondering what Serpens is going to be like.
Also am I the only one thinking that Ophiuchus takes as much magic as 2 of the regular zodiac to bring it out.

Quote:
I would love it if she did but probably not it's one of Jellal's go to types of magic I think it's more likely that she'll learn other spells from the same family as Urano Metria maybe some stuff that's a bit more usable.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 01:17   Link #116
sergel02

I'm waiting for her to get a battle silver key. All the ones she has so far are more utility.

I do hope she learns more caster type magic so she's not so helpless when her keys get taken. Hmm do you think she'll get to the point when she doesn't even need the keys anymore to summon? In the manga, she kind of is at that point with Gemini.

Meanwhile, i really want to see her in a battle alone and win. She kind of was with Juvia back in the Tower of Heaven arc, but some don't count that. I don't remember any other fights where she was able to win on her own accord and magic with her spirits. Maybe in this anime arc and manga arc we may get that.
Old 2012-05-08, 04:38   Link #117
GundamFan

Quote:
I'm waiting for her to get a battle silver key. All the ones she has so far are more utility.
I think that would be great too Ursa major and Lupus seem like great constellation choices since they're the greater bear and wolf respectively.

Quote:
I do hope she learns more caster type magic so she's not so helpless when her keys get taken. Hmm do you think she'll get to the point when she doesn't even need the keys anymore to summon? In the manga, she kind of is at that point with Gemini.
I agree it would be great if she really learned caster magic don't me wrong Urano Metria is great and all but I would like to see her learn something that's at a low enough level she'll use it on a regular basis. Look at Natsu's powers as an example he rarely uses his Crimson Lotus Fire Dragon spells.
I don't think Lucy can open any of her gates right now without a key eventualy she'll probably get to that point or she'll start having some of them at home just because of the number of keys. Right now I think most of her spirits can open there gates on there own.

Quote:
Meanwhile, i really want to see her in a battle alone and win. She kind of was with Juvia back in the Tower of Heaven arc, but some don't count that. I don't remember any other fights where she was able to win on her own accord and magic with her spirits. Maybe in this anime arc and manga arc we may get that.
Her and Loki beat Bickslow's back in the Fighting Festival arc of the manga but your right she could really use a win due to just her and her spirits because that's been a quite awhile ago.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:02   Link #118
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Her and Loki beat Bickslow's back in the Fighting Festival arc of the manga but your right she could really use a win due to just her and her spirits because that's been a quite awhile ago.
Personally I count her fight against Byro on the basis that even if he hasn't been knocked out by Natsu punching Hughes through the wall, Byro was not showing signs of getting free any time soon and likely would have remained tied up for a while. Long enough for it to be considered a "beat the enemy and tie them up" victory instead of a "beat the enemy and knock them out."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 11:56   Link #119
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I think that would be great too Ursa major and Lupus seem like great constellation choices since they're the greater bear and wolf respectively.

I don't think Lucy can open any of her gates right now without a key eventualy she'll probably get to that point or she'll start having some of them at home just because of the number of keys. Right now I think most of her spirits can open there gates on there own.
Well she was able to call Gemini here

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/272/10

But i think it's like you said, if she wants them to come, they may come out themselves.
Old 2012-05-14, 03:51   Link #120
sergel02

interesting little fact I found out about today, but the seal for Urano Metria is the same seal for Jellal's Heavenly Body Magic.

I guess this might mean that Urano Metria may be a HB spell.

Well i found it cool. I'd like to see Jellal and Lucy fight alongside together.

Tags
character discussion