Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-26, 12:05   Link #61
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But I'm really curiouse... a lot of people were saying that if she practised with it more it could become better on what I agree but... how exactly does she have to train with it? 0_o

That explosion was huge just now! One shot could esily destroy half of SS... well maybe not half but definetly not a small part. I doubt Yamamoto would allow here to just blow everything up. So how exactly should she train?
Maybe she could borrow Yoruichi & Kisuke's underground lair? Renji knew about it, so she had to too

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-06-26, 12:10   Link #62
kitten320

^So she would get burried by rocks afterwards?

I really doubt that it has so much space.
Old 2010-06-26, 12:48   Link #63
haegar
mangaviking

as for Kubo's imagination concerning SoiFon's Bankai, I picture it like this:

"hm let's see, I gave her a two-strike kill sting for Shikai...now how can I up that for Bankai? ... hmmmm.... one-strike kill sting would be kinda lame ....hmmmm.... hmmmmm.... oh damn I'm out of ideas ... I'll just make it a stinger-rocket, it makes a lot of noise and has some bang... 0.o....Jezus...I'm so brilliant!!!"

I'm seriously dejected by the fact that on the one hand they censored Halibel but on the other upped the lolicon for no apparent reason... totally agree that they should rather have focused on making Ukitake a bit cooler ... this is seriously selling him short...especially with the rather decent Stark/Kyoraku goin on next to it ...

Strangely I didn't mind Omaeda that much ... as people already mentioned ... he makes a good chicken

to label the whole ep SoiFon's Bankai and then she releases like in the last two mins suckz too ...

and the notion of her not being able to carry her own Bankai ... tch ... ridicolous ... I don't mind them building on the fact that she apparently doesn't like to use it ... but they should rather have focused on how that maybe might be the case cause it doesn't roll with her usual covert-ops style rather than indicating it is cause she can't properly handle it ... I mean ok since she doesn't use it regularly it makes sense she is not superb with it ...still...she's a godamn Captain so she ought to be able to use it efficiently ... Ice midget's Bankai ain't fully mature ... and look what he can pull of ... or Renji just recently aquirred it ...ok his is weak enough so that Byakuya could mess it up with Kido back in SS ... still ... this makes SoiFon look weaker than she ought to be in my eyes -.-

Last edited by haegar; 2010-06-26 at 15:44.
Old 2010-06-26, 13:42   Link #64
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Maybe she could borrow Yoruichi & Kisuke's underground lair? Renji knew about it, so she had to too
i thought renji just followed ichigo's reitsu to it /shrug
Old 2010-06-26, 15:07   Link #65
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
I mean ok since she doesn't use it regularly it makes sense she is not superb with it ...still...she's a godamn Captain so she ought to be able to use it efficiently
Going by that logic, Kenpachi should be able to use Shikai and Bankai efficiently as well. Oh wait...
Quote:
Ice midget's Bankai ain't fully mature ... and look what he can pull of ...
Yeah, but then again, "Ice midget" spams Bankai a lot. So it's safe to say he practices with it and has discovered new techniques as a result. He may not have a fully matured Bankai yet, but it's bound to have matured more than Soifons.

Quote:
this makes SoiFon look weaker than she ought to be in my eyes -.-
Try not to look at it like that. Most of the captains within the Gotei 13 have weakness or areas they could stand to improve upon. Yamamoto and the former 5th squad Captain are probably the only obvious exceptions. So while Soifon's major weakness may lie within her Bankai skills, she's still either on par or much better than her peers in other areas.
Old 2010-06-26, 15:43   Link #66
haegar
mangaviking

hm. you're talking more sense than me there...gotta admit that

Zaraki is an exception though as we all know, that one I won't take as an argument

you'r right about Toshiro spamming though ... also... Hyonimaru is damn powerfull...guess would be fair to take into consideration how that ups his Bankai's level, too...

I think what buggs me about her fight so far is that she is hard-pressed anyways since Baragan is a) damn strong and b) her strenghts in other areas which you mentioned don't seem to be much use against him due to his own rather unique power...so imho they could have done without giving that much space to her Bankai being hard to use for her since the fight is balanced against her enough already as it is....hope that makes more sense than the way I expressed it before...

on a side note, they did a nice job of animating her bankai at least, looks shiny

edit: btw, nice avatar sayde
Old 2010-06-26, 16:02   Link #67
sayde

Quote:
hm. you're talking more sense than me there...gotta admit that

Zaraki is an exception though as we all know, that one I won't take as an argument
Yeah. I was only kidding around when I stated that.

Quote:
I think what buggs me about her fight so far is that she is hard-pressed anyways since Baragan is a) damn strong and b) her strenghts in other areas which you mentioned don't seem to be much use against him due to his own rather unique power...so imho they could have done without giving that much space to her Bankai being hard to use for her since the fight is balanced against her enough already as it is....hope that makes more sense than the way I expressed it before...
It makes plenty of sense. So point taken. But if it makes you feel any better, I'd imagine all the other captains would find it difficult (if not impossible) to overcome Barragan's respira with Omaeda being their only backup. It's clearly among the most cheapest abilities in this series. And thanks for the compliment. I like it too! lol
Old 2010-06-26, 17:04   Link #68
haegar
mangaviking

yeah. guess Barragan is bad news for whoever faces him. Dunno freezing him with Ice Prison probably wouldn't be much good ... and I don't see stuff like Byakuya's Bankai being any use either no matter if he is in final form or not...

Spoiler for offtopic:
Old 2010-06-26, 17:35   Link #69
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
It takes a shooter and an ammo bearer to effectively operate the FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank launcher...Maybe it's the same with Soifon and Oomaeda; Surely somewhere in his vast fat he can store an extra missile Soifon could use...
Maybe Omaeda is the next missile.
Old 2010-06-26, 17:58   Link #70
kitten320

I seriously wouldn't mind that one. He would kill Barragan with his scream
Oh wait! Barragan has no ears 0_0
Soi, you are screwed...
Old 2010-06-26, 19:47   Link #71
Lendial

hes too fat and his 'bulges' are not at all aerodynamic.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:21   Link #72
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
yeah. guess Barragan is bad news for whoever faces him. Dunno freezing him with Ice Prison probably wouldn't be much good ... and I don't see stuff like Byakuya's Bankai being any use either no matter if he is in final form or not...

Spoiler for offtopic:
I think Byakuya ould be a great match. Omaeda said kido might be useful, and Captain Kuchiki has excellent kido. I believe Barragan would be hard pressed against him.
Old 2010-06-26, 22:33   Link #73
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
I think Byakuya ould be a great match. Omaeda said kido might be useful, and Captain Kuchiki has excellent kido. I believe Barragan would be hard pressed against him.
But of course, this is all assuming his respira isn't capable of rapidly aging whatever kido spell is blasted his way. We'll see though. I got a feeling that if he can escape Soifon's bankai unscathed (which essentially looked like nothing more than a grand scale energy blast) thanks to his respira, then there exists the possibility that spiritual energy spells in the form of Kido might not work either.
Old 2010-06-26, 23:00   Link #74
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
But of course, this is all assuming his respira isn't capable of rapidly aging whatever kido spell is blasted his way. We'll see though. I got a feeling that if he can escape Soifon's bankai unscathed (which essentially looked like nothing more than a grand scale energy blast) thanks to his respira, then there exists the possibility that spiritual energy spells in the form of Kido might not work either.
We will just have to wait and see if number 2 is even still alive. This discussion might be useless if he is already dead .
Old 2010-06-27, 03:07   Link #75
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
The thing is even though I dont see Soi Fons bankai as any more impressive (most probably inferior) than say some of the Cero blast we've already seen (in terms of power) it actually has physical properties.

While the blast most likely is concentrated energy it doesnt travel as one...its delivered in a physical/mechanical component. Unfortunately as we've seen...Old Barry has no problem aging them to dust....
Old 2010-06-27, 07:43   Link #76
kitten320

I don't remember Cero having some huge blast... do you mean Grand Cero or something that Ulquiorra had used?

Duno, bankai's blast seemed bigger in my opinion.
Old 2010-06-27, 12:22   Link #77
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
The thing is even though I dont see Soi Fons bankai as any more impressive (most probably inferior) than say some of the Cero blast we've already seen (in terms of power) it actually has physical properties.
I'm not 100% sure how or why exactly that should matter I guess. I mean it seems like all kido spells are just reiatsu manifested into a physical form in various ways. And the following explosions and destruction that incurs as a result (whether it be caused by a kido spell, cero, or soifon's bankai) seems all the same -- to me anyways.

Besides, nothing lasts forever. Not even a kido spell should be above that rule (in theory). And that's about the last of what I'll say on the issue. Feel free to disagree. Trying to apply so much logic to this is making me feel pretty embarrassed for myself.
Old 2010-06-27, 13:27   Link #78
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure how or why exactly that should matter I guess. I mean it seems like all kido spells are just reiatsu manifested into a physical form in various ways. And the following explosions and destruction that incurs as a result (whether it be caused by a kido spell, cero, or soifon's bankai) seems all the same -- to me anyways.
Well I simply consider kido (and ceros) from the ones that I can remember as sort of more pure energy...i.e. energy wall, energy binding, energy attack etc. and if you consider the principle energy cannot be destroyed...it makes more sense that it would be more effective against Barry's bad breath.

And Uliqs Lance Cero against Ichigo deed seem stronger than Soi Fons bankai or at least the same power without the hinderances. Idk maybe after we see what kind of collateral destruction it did in FKT...it might seem better...
Old 2010-06-27, 14:15   Link #79
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
if you consider the principle energy cannot be destroyed...it makes more sense that it would be more effective against Barry's bad breath.
True, but then you have to consider the other half of the principle into the equation. While energy can't be destroyed, it can be transferred and/or transformed into another form of energy over time. In Barry's case, respira might be able to age energy fast enough to make it a lot less...harmful. To make it more relevant, if we assume that kido based attacks transform energy into an irreversable state (such as thermal energy), then respira's ability to accelerate time, would dissipate this energy extremely fast. This would leave only a tiny fraction of energy left remaining to do work if any at all (in this case, work=blow **** up). I'm kinda going back to laws of energy in nature and the heat death of the universe theory on this one.

It's a little ironic. I just proclaimed not to speak anymore on the issue going so far as to denounce the use of logic, just to turn right back around to use it again. I guess I retract the last part of my previous post.
Old 2010-06-27, 14:37   Link #80
Gin
*Artist

Come on Sayde, people like you and me don't need things like logic or reason, we're scientists.