AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-21, 00:12   Link #21
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Still great sigs in production I really love your effects on them =] pretty cool. (I can never do that )

Oh well, great job here and hope to see more =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
I feel all lonely cuz everyone is leaving me in the dust with all the c4d sigs getting made. =__=
Don't worry bigdave I'm with you here
Old 2007-06-21, 06:07   Link #22
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shinn>> ur supposed to request that up at the request thread ^^

Sephi>> Let me ask u something do u visit anime-source site? cuz if u do then U should know who I am. xD LOL

but if not then I guess im mistaking u as someone else

T_T
I feel all lonely cuz everyone is leaving me in the dust with all the c4d sigs getting made. =__=
Renzoken is me ^^ But i thought you knew that a long time ago
I was trying to change my name to Sephi there to but it was registered already.

And don't worry about the C4d bigdave, you have come a long way from the days that you made your sig with Paint to your current results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinnAsuka View Post
topic of request thread, i make my request ?
Obs: im not speak good english , because im from brazil.
Here is the request thread for signatures. There's also one for avatars. There both stickied at the top.

So your post belongs in that thread, unless you specifically want me to make a signature with one of my styles. If that is the case i would need a bit more info regarding which style you prefer and what text as i don't know the anime myself and it's hard to give the sig the right feel that way.

Totally forgot about my latest sig Eri Sawachika. School Rumble also holds a special place in my Anime list. And Eri is just

Got some time the next couple of days so hopefully i get the chance to try some new styles. Still hoping to make a batch of Shuffle sigs. But still can't get any ideas for it. Brush or c4d just doesn't seem the right style for it. But perhaps i should give Brushes a try.

Thanks for everyone comment

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders

Last edited by Sephi; 2007-06-21 at 06:50.
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 08:33   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

well well, i will simply say : nice blending skills here

this signature cought my interest : i'm not really fond of the fonts of the texts, but else, the mood, contrast etc are quite a big hit. ^__^
Luckt Star BG and elements are nicely done, they look like genuine

except eri sig, i'm not really fond of the us eof C4D in your style in fact : they look rather random and not really fitting the chars.

meh, critic aside, i don't really see which skills you have to work hard on, considering the good work here
Old 2007-06-22, 03:44   Link #24
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Man I feel dumb now xD

and I think i remember asking bout it already too =__=
U know if u asked an admin u could get ur name changed but then u would have to start ur post count all over again. =/

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 06:17   Link #25
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Luckt Star BG and elements are nicely done, they look like genuine

except eri sig, i'm not really fond of the us eof C4D in your style in fact : they look rather random and not really fitting the chars.

meh, critic aside, i don't really see which skills you have to work hard on, considering the good work here
You couldn't be more right about the randomness of my C4d sigs. I just made the c4d background and than looked for a render to slap on... Since my coloring skills is so awful, i couldn't really get the c4d render to match the render. Even the Eri sig was made at such a way Though the color does represent her in someway, except the green.

Quote:
Man I feel dumb now xD

and I think i remember asking bout it already too =__=
U know if u asked an admin u could get ur name changed but then u would have to start ur post count all over again. =/
Ay, i know. I asked already, but the name was in use. Even though the person never made a post since being a member But i'll just keep my name there.

Latest

Got tired of C4d and meh.. doesn't seem the right style for shuffle anyway. So finally started with my first shuffle sig. Inspired by some of Klashikari work. As i never use more than 2 renders in 1 sig. Nor do i do small img in sig's often. The middle top felt empty, so i slapped arrows there. And mmm i had a hard time getting the color intensity out. The colors still feel to plain to me. And the eternal problem of fonts and what to do with that, and which font to use... Somehow the sig feels to crowded to :/

Wonder if i should make more sig of shuffle in this style of try a different style again.

Critics and comments are welcome about how i can improve the sig.

PS... i found out i typed GallEry wrong aaah now it says GallAry on fan section. I even made the same mistake making the banner for my gallery. And i forgot and typed gallAry when making the title. Seems it can't be changed anymore either T.T nOES

Old 2007-06-22, 06:49   Link #26
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I think you can edit your first post to change the title... no? ^^.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 07:04   Link #27
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
I think you can edit your first post to change the title... no? ^^.
Err.. to put it simply.. no ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
PS... i found out i typed GallEry wrong aaah now it says GallAry on fan section. I even made the same mistake making the banner for my gallery. And i forgot and typed gallAry when making the title. Seems it can't be changed anymore either T.T nOES
Only Mods can edit threads' titles. I did that for you

As for your creations, I have to say they're very good. If I had to make a top three:

1. Love the blending

2. Great background, choice of picture and fonts.

3. Massively cute character ^^

But I also like that of Saber. As for avatars:

Again this girl is too cute. What's the source?

Really soothing
Old 2007-06-22, 09:27   Link #28
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post

Again this girl is too cute. What's the source?
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's (and I think she appears in Nanoha StrikerS, the series is currently airing)

BTW, Sephi, just love all the Arcueid siggys
Old 2007-06-23, 05:11   Link #29
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for editing my thread title. I'm quite thick headed sometimes and just can't get the words right.

As for the Iriya no sora, noes. The pic was crop and scale. But i added the finishing touches to it. Can't really take credits for it beside for my text and the lines and stuff. And the magical sparkling thingies....

as for the source of the Chibi Arf pics. It's indeed from Magical Girl Nanoha (aS)
Here are the stock's. All the pictures came from the Magica Girl Nanoha Image thread
Spoiler for kawaiiness overkill:

2 new more shuffle signatures.

Spoiler for named version:

Was messing around a bit. I really wanted to add Primula to it to. But there was no space left for it. Probably gone redo one with 5 girls in it and add Primula. Size will probably be around 500x100 and 90px for each circle for a girl.
Wonder which version is better. With or without name?

Kaeda signature

Bit hard to read the quote. But mmm couldn't find a smaller font that looks sharper than what i used for the quote of her. And somehow the middle feels a bit to empty.

Also made 2 Avatars.

Optimized for Animesuki use the background color has been changed to that part of the forum. If i left it empty the drop shadow looked weird.

Saw a pic with the 6 girls of em, so decided to turn it in to a avatar.

Old 2007-06-23, 06:14   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i see you have combined some idea from me and capture, not bad choice for shuffle ^^"

as for kaede, yes, i felt the same way : the center is a bit empty : the shuffle logo has too much "placeholder" vibes.
be careful with the photograph : some edges are a bit jagged, and you also should be cautious with the shadows : since every photograph has a shadow, they don't look like they are pilled up, but rather floating above each other.

Left kaede isn't really blend smoothely, thus the edge seem a bit too sharp (while primula sig didn't have that problem).
finally, not really too sure about the text "i love you so, please don't love me" fit the mood here, along with the fonts for both lines.

meh asides of these little points, neat looking sig
Old 2007-06-23, 08:34   Link #31
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Woa very attentive of you I didn't thought anyone would notice the slightly jagged edges.

Unfortunately i don't have a solution to fix the jagged edges. I tried a bit. But without much good results. I start with just a square and paste the pic in to it. Than i rotate it. Unfortunately during the rotate the edges become jagged. I don't have a other solution except for instantly make the square at the right place. But mmm i don't think i'm capable of drawing a perfect square with the lasso tool.

tried to fix the shadow. Well i think i sorta fixed it. Just mmmm it should be the right way now the floating effect is gone i think. Did left a small shadow though. It would of look odd otherwise.

Also gave Kaeda a 1 px feather. And played a bit with the levels to make her fit better with the background. And changed the quote. But meh... couldn't do much with the Shuffle logo ^^ Well i moved it down.. and feathered it out

Well this is version 2 of Kaeda.

Old one for easier comparison

The more i look at it the more jagged the edges become Just like my dead pixels on my laptop screen

Thanks for the criticism

Last edited by Sephi; 2007-06-23 at 12:52.
Old 2007-06-24, 05:36   Link #32
Crazykid16
Fish-Crackers

whoa I love aaalll your avas and sigs! amazing!
Crazykid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 15:15   Link #33
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Well this is version 2 of Kaeda.

Old one for easier comparison

The more i look at it the more jagged the edges become Just like my dead pixels on my laptop screen
This is a great siggy, IMO. The jagged edges are pretty hard to notice, so it's pretty much as if they are not there to begin with.

Good work!
Old 2007-06-24, 17:40   Link #34
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
love the style of your latest sig.... as well as the theme... everything just seems to fit together nicely...
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 17:48   Link #35
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Very nice new sigs, I cant notice the jagged edges Klash said
The feel of the sig is just right and, well, all in all, a very nicely done work

Keep it up =]
Old 2007-06-25, 10:12   Link #36
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Ay, i really like the outcome of the Kaeda version to. I might make one of Asa to and hope i can fix the slightly jagged photo edges. Though i'm hoping to make it different than the Kaeda version.

In the meantime i made one of Kagami in same style as my other Lucky Star sig since it's a fairly easy style to do. Will be putting this one up as freebie in the Lucky Star forum soon. Unless someone claims it here.
If you want the quote changed, just say so. I couldn't really find a good quote to put there...

Spoiler for 430x120 version:

Might make more of them if people are interesting in seeing a complete set in the same style. But meh, in the mean time i'll just try make a new Shuffle sig with Asa/Sia/Nerine.

Old 2007-06-25, 12:21   Link #37
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Nice vector job you did on the Kagami sig. I would suggest feathering the left render 1px because her edges are a bit too sharp and placing a very very light drop shadow to give her some depth. As for the render on the right, I would go with maybe a 15% opacity and distance of 2-3 drop shadow. Either than that, this sig is ace.
Old 2007-06-27, 08:47   Link #38
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

The left Kagami is actually feathered out by 1 already. But i just did it again for smoother edges. Did the drop shadow on the right Kagami. But i left out the drop shadow on the left Kagami since it looked a bit weird.

Thanks for your comment m8.

Well, heres a Asa signature.

The green for the background was a pain to choose... And something seems missing at the left of the hello arrow. And meh, should i make a Sia one, it will have round edges...

Also animated it... But it turned out pretty ugly and silly
Spoiler for lol...:

Criticism and comments are welcome.

Old 2007-06-27, 09:02   Link #39
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephy
No idea what anime. But Google results told me this anime involves tentacles...
Just a little fyi on this: They are Alice and Maria, twins from the erogame Suigetsu. And it doesn't involve tentacles in any way, google is just retarded. Nice work too
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 03:05   Link #40
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just a little fyi on this: They are Alice and Maria, twins from the erogame Suigetsu. And it doesn't involve tentacles in any way, google is just retarded. Nice work too
Thanks. Really like the outcome of that sig. But thought it was a bit silly to use it after readin the info from some site i googled up. But guess its ok

Sia signature. Making the wave like things at top and bottom was a pain. Been awhile since i played with pen tool and anchor points. And in the end i ran out of ideas and smacked arrows at left. But since that looked like a placeholder... I decided to smack that square with Sia name in Japanese there. Though it still looks like a placeholder...

The color was a pain to. Almost as hard as choosing Asa colors. Well, since i came this far already one last of Nerine will come to.