AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 08:17   Link #1201
maddest

I hope in Koimonogatari (last novel) they marry (Araragi and Hitagi) or something that would be happy end.
Also that's 100% truth - we need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee Senjougahara : (
Araragi without her is like cat without tail - lol.
maddest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 09:50   Link #1202
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddest View Post
I hope in Koimonogatari (last novel) they marry (Araragi and Hitagi) or something that would be happy end.
Also that's 100% truth - we need moreeeeeeeeeeeeeee Senjougahara : (
Araragi without her is like cat without tail - lol.
Please, he's an incestuous pervert nonetheless. Bakemonogatari is a harem dynamic. But one with a romantic center. Nisioisin doesn't like dudes much, or so it seems.
ubiquitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 16:03   Link #1203
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Despite this novel setting up Nadeko as some sort of super villain I can't help but feel it'll just end up as nothing. In Hana Araragi said he had cut three girl's hair. The first was Hanekawa and the third was Kanbaru, could the second be Nadeko? It's possible that Nadeko would end up losing her powers, and afterward ask Araragi to cut her out grown hair. However, this is NOT what I want to happen since I want Nadeko to stay as a goddess.

Despite this series having demons, ghosts and devils this book was the first time I believe that I felt it was a horror story. Not horror in the classical way but horror in how it explores the nature of human beings. The way Nadeko's class acted and the way Nadeko acted was scary in a whole other sense. Speaking of the way how Nadeko acted, it showed that she is the complete polar opposite of Hanekawa. Hanekawa is kind and perfect and it is exactly this warmth that makes other people see their own ugliness. Nadeko on the other hand is full of flaws and cold. These two would be great together since Nadeko can't see her own inner ugliness.

Also, something I want to mention is the fact that Senjougahara seems to like to talk big but have nothing to back it up. She keeps saying she'll become a murderer if Araragi dies but can she really do anything? She could probably kill Kanbaru when the devil left her and she could probably kill Hanekawa when she's not Black Hanekawa but Goddess Nadeko? I don't think so. Nadeko's isn't in a situation where she'll ever revert back into a human. Then again its possible Senjougahara would eat her own pride and even seek out Kaiki if its for revenge.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-11-01 at 20:57.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 02:26   Link #1204
HasuMasu
*Artist

That, was...EPIC!!!!!

wait wait wait, will this story be continued in oni?
Old 2011-07-29, 03:26   Link #1205
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
That, was...EPIC!!!!!

wait wait wait, will this story be continued in oni?
Most likely in Koi. Oni supposedly will be about the missing timeframe in Shiro.
Old 2011-07-29, 10:43   Link #1206
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Despite this novel setting up Nadeko as some sort of super villain I can't help but feel it'll just end up as nothing. In Hana Araragi said he had cut three girl's hair. The first was Hanekawaw and the third was Kanbaru, could the second be Nadeko? It's possible that Nadeko would end up losing her powers, and afterward ask Araragi to cut her out grown hair. However, this is NOT what I want to happen since I want Nadeko to stay as a goddess.

Despite this series having demons, ghosts and devils this book was the first time I believe that I felt it was a horror story. Not horror in the classical way but horror in how it explores the nature of human beings. The way Nadeko's class acted and the way Nadeko acted was scary in a whole other sense. Speaking of the way how Nadeko acted, it showed that she is the complete polar opposite of Hanekawa. Hanekawa is kind and perfect and it is exactly this warmth that makes other people see their own ugliness. Nadeko on the other hand is full of flaws and cold. These two would be great together since Nadeko can't see her own inner ugliness.

Also, something I want to mention is the fact that Senjougahara seems to like to talk big but have nothing to back it up. She keeps saying she's become a murderer if Araragi dies but can she really do anything? She could probably kill Kanbaru when the devil left her and she could probably kill Hanekawa when she's not Black Hanekawa but Goddess Nadeko? I don't think so. Nadeko's isn't in a situation where she'll ever revert back into a human. Then again its possible Senjougahara would eat her own pride and even seek out Kaiki if its for revenge.
I always thought she'd have Kiss Shot turn her or she'd just stab them to death with her school supplies. Or get that Crab God to kill them.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 15:32   Link #1207
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitial View Post
Nisioisin doesn't like dudes much, or so it seems.
I don't think that's the problem, it's just that his target demographic is male.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 15:33   Link #1208
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
I always thought she'd have Kiss Shot turn her or she'd just stab them to death with her school supplies. Or get that Crab God to kill them.
.....I can't say that makes sense. Shinobu would never turn another people into a vampire. Her using school supplies against a Kaii is like trying to race a rocket with a RC car. Finally that Crab god isn't one that kills anything.

I personally figured that she'll learn the way of the exorcist from someone like Oshino or Kaiki and go Ghostbusters, Buffy and Punisher on everyone's ass.

One thing that I would have to say is Nisio is generally very good at doing things that fans couldn't predict. For a majority of the novels in season 2 I couldn't predict what the plot was except for Otori. I knew that from the very beginning that Nadeko was gonna find out about Senjougahara and she was gonna go yandere.

For anyways what does everyone here think is gonna happen in Koi? Personally I have no idea because a part of me believe that Hitagi will keep her promise to let Nadeko kill them but at the same time I find that impossible.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-07-29 at 21:01.
Old 2011-07-29, 22:19   Link #1209
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Didn't Hana happen after Koi?
Old 2011-07-29, 22:55   Link #1210
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
^ Didn't Hana happen after Koi?
From the looks of it everyone is alive but we're talking about a series with ghosts and junk.

Last edited by omimon; 2011-07-29 at 23:09.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:57   Link #1211
maddest

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
.....I can't say that makes sense. Shinobu would never turn another people into a vampire. Her using school supplies against a Kaii is like trying to race a rocket with a RC car. Finally that Crab god isn't one that kills anything.

I personally figured that she'll learn the way of the exorcist from someone like Oshino or Kaiki and go Ghostbusters, Buffy and Punisher on everyone's ass.

One thing that I would have to say is Nisio is generally very good at doing things that fans couldn't predict. For a majority of the novels in season 2 I couldn't predict what the plot was except for Otori. I knew that from the very beginning that Nadeko was gonna find out about Senjougahara and she was gonna go yandere.

For anyways what does everyone here think is gonna happen in Koi? Personally I have no idea because a part of me believe that Hitagi will keep her promise to let Nadeko kill them but at the same time I find that impossible.
It will be some kind of happy ending after all , can't be any different. Senjougahara won't die - Nisio isn't stupid : Don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs , she's trademark of this series.
Old 2011-07-30, 20:55   Link #1212
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
It will be some kind of happy ending after all , can't be any different. Senjougahara won't die - Nisio isn't stupid : Don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs , she's trademark of this series.
Hahahaha!!!! mfw when someone thinks Nisio wouldn't kill off the most popular character in the series.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:03   Link #1213
Shikijin

Quote:
the goose that lays golden eggs , she's trademark of this series.
Is this statement supported by something? In all characters ranking I saw, the most popular character was Araragi.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:26   Link #1214
Westlo
Lets be reality

And lets not act like Senjouhara hasn't been a focus in a lot of the novels.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:16   Link #1215
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And lets not act like Senjouhara hasn't been a focus in a lot of the novels.
In truth, she hasn't.

Bake1: Senjougahara, Hachikuji, Kanbaru.
Bake2: Nadeko, Hanekawa
Kizu: Kissshot (Shinobu), some Hanekawa
Nise1: Mixed, Senjougahara
Nise2: Shinobu, some Karen
NekoKuro: Hanekawa, some Tsukihi
NekoShiro: Hanekawa, some Senjougahara
Kabuki: Shinobu
Hana: Kanbaru
Otori: Nadeko (I still have to finish Otori though)

In most of the cases Senjougahara just gets a passing mention. She can still uphold her title of main heroine, I suppose, but she is barely a focus. Hanekawa and especially Shinobu tramples her in terms of actual presence.

I think many people got mislead by the first books. The first books had a specific structure: the girl the previous book focused in appears in the next book. For example, Senjougahara appears in Mayoi Snail, Hachikuji appears in Suruga Monkey, and so on. Senjougahara was there mostly to mark the passage of time with the progression of her relationship with Araragi.

She will still be the main heroine, but I don't have the impression she is Nisio's favorite.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:59   Link #1216
maddest

lol , i don't know what kind of man is Nisio , i'm just saying that killing Senjo would be stupid
Old 2011-07-31, 11:19   Link #1217
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
lol , i don't know what kind of man is Nisio , i'm just saying that killing Senjo would be stupid
CLEARLY you don't know NISIO.
Old 2011-07-31, 11:21   Link #1218
ubiquitial
戯言遣い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
She will still be the main heroine, but I don't have the impression she is Nisio's favorite.
Shame cause no one else has a tongue quite that sharp or a love quite that sappy. Kanbaru's close and Mayoi's fun but they're just not the same.
Old 2011-07-31, 23:46   Link #1219
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

After reading this far I finally realized what Senjougahara contributes in terms of character balance. With Nadeko becoming a goddess Hitagi is officially the only normal girl in the series. I mean Karen is human too but Hitagi is definitely more "normal". The series needs a true human like Hitagi or else this just becomes too one-sided. Of course in Hana Kanbaru becomes full human again but I'm expecting some sort of revelation with the devil's parts. One thing I'm really hoping to see is Tsukihi finding out she's a Kaii because I want to see how that's going to affect Araragi.
Old 2011-08-05, 13:09   Link #1220
Shiki Nanaya

Can I ask you guys who follow the light novels, a random question? Does Kanbaru Suruga really love Koyomi Araragi? I know she is considered to be part of Koyomi's harem and all, but since she is a self-proclaimed lesbian, I'm just wondering if it was really revealed in the light novel that she is in love with Koyomi or something, cuz as far as I know only Hitagi, Hanekawa, and Nadeko does (Hachikuji is more like friends with the guy), but the anime ambiguously shows some really great chemistry between Kanbaru and Koyomi, I love it when they always talk dirty lol. For me, the only pairing that makes a great chemistry and fun to watch due to their dialogues are Hitagi and Kanbaru with Koyomi, I hate to admit it, that despite Hanekawa's great character, they just dont seem to be that interesting compared with Kanbaru or Hitagi. I know that even if she does, it's quite a long shot that they will get together, besides I prefer Hitagi more than her, but I was just curious if she really is a lesbian as she says or did she turn bisexual or something after knowing Koyomi lol.
Shiki Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance