AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online II - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 9 9.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 29.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 30.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 12.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-07-08, 15:20   Link #161
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, I must admit I didn't stare at it too closely.

The fact that she centered her scope on the target's head kind of implies that it's either irrelevant or automatically adjusted by her scope though.
in IRl once you have your dope you would adjust your scope already so all you do would be to aim at the intended target by leading it. Aiming high left/right like in Bf3/4 is something you do in a hurry Kentucky windage style.

Also depending on the ballistic coefficient of her ammo different lead time would need to be accounted for as well. The canadian sniper who killed 2 taliban fighters at 2475m had to lead them by 4 seconds because that was how long it takes for his bullet to get there at that altitude and temperature.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 15:42   Link #162
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I liked her strong too. I dont think they need to get rid of Yui just for her to be strong.

I loved her being the aggressor too.
i think its fair to say asuna before she met kirito had such a strong female presence, strong staying alive in thew world and did not depend on many people.

its a shame shes not the one sent in to do kirito's job in this season that might have been fun to watch
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 16:09   Link #163
cleo

I started watching the ep, hear Hiroshi Kamiyan: Instant Win! 5 mins later: RIP Zexeed
Other than that, I liked the start of the new arc. Nice to see we're gonna get a more grimdark story. And very nice to see a new strong girl.
Like Faerie & Triple_R I hated how Sasuna turned from strong girl to the little lady in distress in S1. I can understand Kirito doesn't want to take Sasuna along, as he loves her and there's real danger. But I hope we'll see her in a stronger role than last season.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 21:04   Link #164
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I noticed Death Gun brings out his left hand in front of him before taking out the gun with his right hand, he does the same thing in the ED(OP?). Suspicious and strange.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 09:49   Link #165
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I noticed Death Gun brings out his left hand in front of him before taking out the gun with his right hand, he does the same thing in the ED(OP?). Suspicious and strange.
Well spotted.
It looks like the sign of the cross.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 11:38   Link #166
Clarste
Human

Two possibilities come to mind: an insane Christian or a guy roleplaying an insane Christian, probably a cowboy.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 20:10   Link #167
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't know if it's okay to keep this hype...
and I know exactly to not putting too much hope to SAO adaptation since I was totally tricked in season I (it's only good at SAO arc)

I'm enjoying Kirito-Asuna date because I almost think Asuna won't get much time in GGO
Shinon is cool and awesome as people predicted
and GGO's mystery have a pretty good start for this season

please don't mess anything.... I love the opening as well
and the animation is awesome
I'm waiting for the epic BGMs in upcoming episodes
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 20:26   Link #168
Skysters

I really liked how their street clothes matched their SAO clothes perfectly. Yes, I know it was intentional, but it still made me feel nostalgic!

I still think long-haired Kirito makes a confusingly delicious trap...
Skysters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 01:13   Link #169
Frontier

I thought the premier was very enjoyable, a welcome return for SAO and a nice start to the new arc.

Poor Hiroshi Kamiya. Shows up in the first episode of season two of a big LN franchise like SAO playing a braggart in an online game and then gets unceremoniously murdered .

I really like Death Gun's design and voice, and I'm looking forward to the mystery behind how he's instigating heart attacks in the real world by shooting people in GGO, as well as his motives for doing so, being unraveled this season.

Yeah, Kikuoka, a fancy restaurant with a bunch of old ladies is the perfect place to talk business about murders, online games, and more murders. His later groveling was also pretty hilarious .

Kirito and Asuna's date was quite cute, and the discussion about the difference between reality and the virtual world as well as the possible allusions to the tech that would become the backbone of Accel World were nice. I also really liked Asuna's comment about being able to tell Kirito's real hand from a virtual one .

I honestly think Kirito has a far better reason for going it alone in GGO compared to ALO. While it's not a death game like SAO was, trying to figure out Death Gun's secret would likely lead to a life or death situation that Kirito would never want to put any of his friends, let alone Asuna, in a position of facing. Combine that with his interest in how Death Gun is committing his murders, as well as a desire to ensure the world of VRMMO's remains a safe place free of real death, and I can see why he'd want to solo this adventure even if ultimately he'll end up paired with Sinon.

Speaking of, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Sinon in action and get a better grasp of her character and how her relationship with Kirito will develop. I'm definitely excited about her, both because of the hype she's been given and that the only thing finer than her behind is her seiyuu .

Though that said, I'm also hoping that, despite not being the main heroine of this arc like in ALO, Asuna at least gets to be a little more active this time around compared to the second arc. Though with this season being, I believe, a two-cour, I'm sure there'll be plenty opportunities for her to shine .

I really liked the new opening, maybe not as much as Crossing Field, but overall I'd say it's a pretty strong opening. I think the song is nice to begin with, and combined with the animation/action scenes that I found to be pretty spectacular, and you get a great opening in my book. We also got the prerequisite scene at the end of the opening between Kirito and the main heroine, though decidedly less romantic than the ones with Asuna and Leaf/Suguha .

Looking forward to Kirito's first dive into GGO .
Old 2014-07-17, 21:56   Link #170
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
From season 1 I only watched the first half, which was kinda "enough" for me.

I generally find VR games as the settings of stories to not be very interesting, for whatever reason, but the first ep of SAO s2 was not that bad, and I think I will give a few more eps a try.
Well, first arc is the only one interesting because it touches the concept of virtual death.
Other than that, i better off playing games myself or watch some REAL professional matches. I get more feel than watching SAO game.

Why do i join this thread then? Well, i heard a lot of haters are here so i come to join the fun... tehe pero

Will i watch this anime in the future? May be. For the boob and ass, not the game and plot. Credit to this guy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
So...

people watched Suguha/Leafa because of the Oppai

and..

people watching Sinon because of her ass...?

=w=;;
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-07-17 at 22:20.
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 05:45   Link #171
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Well, first arc is the only one interesting because it touches the concept of virtual death.
Other than that, i better off playing games myself or watch some REAL professional matches. I get more feel than watching SAO game.

Why do i join this thread then? Well, i heard a lot of haters are here so i come to join the fun... tehe pero

Will i watch this anime in the future? May be. For the boob and ass, not the game and plot. Credit to this guy:
Well you could try to understand more of the anime's story instead of the boob and ass, that way you could become more attached to the anime.

P.S. whats that "pero" Pilipino ka ba?
Old 2014-07-18, 11:02   Link #172
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
Well you could try to understand more of the anime's story instead of the boob and ass, that way you could become more attached to the anime.

P.S. whats that "pero" Pilipino ka ba?
IF there is nothing to the story, why should i stick to it?
I have read this LN up to Alicization Rising and as time goes on, it just gets more and more boring for me.

The LN should just end at fairy dance. That will be the best, all loose end tied. Full, complete story. Perfect.

All the arcs afterward, there is no feeling of seriousness, life n death tension. The author just tries to milk out as much as possible from an already-dry franchise.
That GGO arc is a really poor attempt to re-create the life-death feeling.
In the end, with the criminal's method, it is just another cheap 3rd-rate case in Conan.

The only thing new and note-worthy each arc is that: there is a new girl.
And that's it.

I don't think google "Tehepero" would be that hard.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-07-18, 15:46   Link #173
Farodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
IF there is nothing to the story, why should i stick to it?
I have read this LN up to Alicization Rising and as time goes on, it just gets more and more boring for me.

The LN should just end at fairy dance. That will be the best, all loose end tied. Full, complete story. Perfect.

All the arcs afterward, there is no feeling of seriousness, life n death tension. The author just tries to milk out as much as possible from an already-dry franchise.
That GGO arc is a really poor attempt to re-create the life-death feeling.
In the end, with the criminal's method, it is just another cheap 3rd-rate case in Conan
Are you telling me that you watch the anime and read up to volume 14 of the novels of a series which you find boring??Either you are a very committed masochist or a very commited hater.Whatever the case I don't understand the logic behind it.If you want boobs and action that badly why not watch the likes of HOTD.I'm pretty sure there a far better animes in this department than SAO.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 20:52   Link #174
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post
Are you telling me that you watch the anime and read up to volume 14 of the novels of a series which you find boring??Either you are a very committed masochist or a very commited hater.Whatever the case I don't understand the logic behind it.If you want boobs and action that badly why not watch the likes of HOTD.I'm pretty sure there a far better animes in this department than SAO.
Well, i tend to finish what i started.
Beside, i have some time to kill and nothing else to do.

I'm sure i haven't done anything to warrant "hater".

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-07-19, 02:55   Link #175
Parousia

Quote:
I agree on the " all loose ends are tied", but there are always people who wants more.
Old 2014-07-22, 07:55   Link #176
Parousia

Somehow this new season feels a lot more like a different anime, considering that season one has a complete ending leaving no loose ends on important arcs.

Still season two has a lot better story than season one I think.