Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 07:16   Link #161
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
How many chapters to the manga?
So far only 63 chapters, all in 10 volumes. Although many of us wait for the 11th volume coming out the 19th this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I hope in the next episode they make fun of Takyanagi's lacking... privates... as they do and in manga(those jokes are hilarious).
That part was hilarious! Especially the expression on his face.
I like the humor in TenTen, mostly when when they turn chibi, or when Bunshichi acts like an old fart. ^_^
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:40   Link #162
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
So far only 63 chapters, all in 10 volumes. Although many of us wait for the 11th volume coming out the 19th this month.
Actually it is serialised in some magazine and there are scanlates of the latest chapters out there.

I only managed to get Chinese scans of chapters 71 & 72. Masataka is getting a chance to show off there.

*Sigh* even though the Vol 11 would be released soon, it will probably take at least a month or two for the Chinese copy to arrive in my region (then I have to decide to buy the Taiwanese or Hong Kong publisher version grrr)...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 13:57   Link #163
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Knight
Its 26 episodes according to Anime-Station.
They're just guessing, no one knows for sure.

I have a feeling the series will end somewhere around volume 4 with Shin as the final enemy or something. And i don't see them doing the past arc in the anime, that would take way too long and it doesn't even have the main characters in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Actually it is serialised in some magazine and there are scanlates of the latest chapters out there.

I only managed to get Chinese scans of chapters 71 & 72. Masataka is getting a chance to show off there.

*Sigh* even though the Vol 11 would be released soon, it will probably take at least a month or two for the Chinese copy to arrive in my region (then I have to decide to buy the Taiwanese or Hong Kong publisher version grrr)...
Where do you get the scans? I heard some new girl appears and Masa will fight her. I haven't seen him actually fought seriously in the manga so that should definately be interesting.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:00   Link #164
Spaceghost

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but can we stick to talking about the ANIME here, as this is the ANIME board, there is a manga board where you can talk about the manga as much as you like, I'm sure I am no the only one who is getting slightly confused, and also some people are not spoilering the manga talk, and even though the anime might not get very far, there is still a possibility that the anime might reach there and so you have spoilt the story for people that are not reading the manga.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 01:33   Link #165
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
I heard some new girl appears and Masa will fight her. I haven't seen him actually fought seriously in the manga so that should definately be interesting.
yup the young girl from "F" fought him, who uses a pair of mini-arc wielders which look like light sabers...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 12:29   Link #166
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finally had the chance to see episode three. This episode was lacking in the adrenaline department comparing to the other two episodes. It also has left an annoying mystery, one that let you yearn for the next episode, of how a twig can leave such a mark.

I agree with Crimson. I don't see this series to be a long running one at this point in the anime.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 13:28   Link #167
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Finally had the chance to see episode three. This episode was lacking in the adrenaline department comparing to the other two episodes. It also has left an annoying mystery, one that let you yearn for the next episode, of how a twig can leave such a mark.

I agree with Crimson. I don't see this series to be a long running one at this point in the anime.
hmm... if you are familiar with martial arts novels or the Legend of Condor Hero anime, it's no mystery, it's just some strike with chi/kai/whatever... Since Ryuzaki can use his fire chi to burn a motorcycle, making a big mark on the ground with a twig is not too surprising... also from what I remember, the mark on the ground in the anime is quite smaller than the one in the manga... hmm... it seems they powered up Masataka but powered down Maya in the anime (which is also evident in episode 2)
Old 2004-04-19, 14:53   Link #168
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... if you are familiar with martial arts novels or the Legend of Condor Hero anime, it's no mystery, it's just some strike with chi/kai/whatever... Since Ryuzaki can use his fire chi to burn a motorcycle, making a big mark on the ground with a twig is not too surprising... also from what I remember, the mark on the ground in the anime is quite smaller than the one in the manga... hmm... it seems they powered up Masataka but powered down Maya in the anime (which is also evident in episode 2)
Actually I think they're making Masataka seem weaker than in the manga

A scene from the manga / episode 2
Spoiler:

I really like Masataka though, he's a closet pervert and he's very strong/realible when he needs to be not to mention all those hilarious moments

Spoiler:

Last edited by Slade; 2004-04-19 at 16:08.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 15:28   Link #169
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

read the manga awhile ago...the past arc was like a series for itself .....and now im curious if vol 11 is translated?
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 19:48   Link #170
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Anime ep 3 spoiler:

Spoiler:
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 21:04   Link #171
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I should have put the term mystery in a quotation mark in my previous post. The note of sarcasm would have been obvious then. That "mystery" was annyoing because the animators put it in the end so the audience has to look forward to the next episode. Tricky animators. That's the reason I like animes that tend to tell different story in each episode such as 100 stories. Unfortunately I didn't read the manga. So I have no other choice but to find out episode by episode as the story develops. Maya is powered down you say? She still manages to appear formidable. Too bad we didn't get to see her tranformation from her chibi-self. Well, I will be grateful if the series manages to be half as good as Condor Hero.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 22:42   Link #172
ACE2003

Spoiler:
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 08:37   Link #173
dreamless

Quote:
Anime ep 3 spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Actually I think they're making Masataka seem weaker than in the manga
well, yup, but then compared to Maya he looks somewhat stronger... since he now can brush away chibi-Maya like nothing unlike in the manga... also the shining red eyes look cooler in the anime I guess... poor chibi-Maya in the anime not only getting brushed away by Masataka, but also getting crushed under Aya
Old 2004-04-20, 09:51   Link #174
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Spoiler:

Yeah thats right, I guess i'm putting to much faith into the anime.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 12:00   Link #175
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-20, 23:13   Link #176
LinChoiSin

Quote:
Anime ep 3 spoiler:

Spoiler:
although i thought this scene was unnecessary when i read the manga i now think that it should have happen in the anime (i hate it when they don't exactly follow the manga) but anyway i like this anime and i even wonder if it was a good decision to drop the manga after the first volume.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 01:36   Link #177
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Episode 2&3 SPOILERS

Spoiler:

MANGA SPOILER

Spoiler:
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 13:48   Link #178
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

yeah, and I thought he was dead, yet don't they show Tyuzaki in the next ep previews?

Why was a branch able to trash him, and also WHY didn't he know that????

Questions, bother, guess I have to watch more and that means WAITING to see the answers.

I'm curious what does Tenjou Tenge mean in English?

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2004-04-21 at 14:24.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 13:58   Link #179
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

the manga was as vague as the anime as far as the violation is concerned. The only difference was the anime had her clothes on and the manga had her clothes off. For all we know mr long tongue is just a licker
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:00   Link #180
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
This must be the 2nd thread I've started since I began posting here... never the less, the new Tenjo Tenge anime is out. Download it and watch it.

I personally think the animation is good... but the character design's been butchered up a bit... the music seems a bit corny but I feel it'll grow on me.

All you Tenjo Tenge manga readers out there will also notice a few obvious differences. Overall, I deem this anime very watchable and I await the 2nd episode with anticipation.

If you don't mind alil Fanservice(ok, alot) and enjoy action/comedy anime. Check Tenjo Tenge out, you'll be pleasently suprised.

Episode 1 rating 7.5/10.

I personaly agree with you... I already download the 1st ep. but after that i was very disapointed because after i download the 1st ep. @ animesuki it was licence does anyone know where can i get the rest of the ep.?
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen