AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-11-12, 23:51   Link #1
kazzuya

Risou no Himo Seikatsu

Spoiler for Volume Cover:

Spoiler for Summary:

Spoiler for For WN:

Last edited by kazzuya; 2014-11-13 at 00:01.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 23:55   Link #2
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Well....finally someone made a thread for this. I really enjoy this LN and currently waiting for PROzess translation of the next chapter ( actually prefer this more than wordmaster)
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 00:03   Link #3
kazzuya

I am reading the WN version of this and I am in the part where one of Aura's husband candidate send his little sister to be Zenjirou's concubine.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:08   Link #4
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
I am reading the WN version of this and I am in the part where one of Aura's husband candidate send his little sister to be Zenjirou's concubine.
There is a chance of Zenjirou getting a harem but he seems uninterested and focuses his attention to Aura only as I have read in spoilers. I doubt it does turn harem(though I am okay if it does) and I am okay with him being devoted only to Aura
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-13, 00:30   Link #5
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNobody View Post
There is a chance of Zenjirou getting a harem but he seems uninterested and focuses his attention to Aura only as I have read in spoilers. I doubt it does turn harem(though I am okay if it does) and I am okay with him being devoted only to Aura
Spoiler:
Aura is ok with the Harem at the start because it is beneficial for politics. So Zenjirou got a harem without his knowledge. However down the line Aura wants to monopolize him.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:38   Link #6
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Aura is ok with the Harem at the start because it is beneficial for politics. So Zenjirou got a harem without his knowledge. However down the line Aura wants to monopolize him.
So does Zenjirou get a harem or not? I thought Aura wanted monopolize Zenjirou the more she started liking him and that harem was only planned and not actually executed. I'm wasn't sure if harem does indeed happen
Old 2014-11-13, 00:38   Link #7
Mechatrill

Read the Chinese translation for this series a bit ago... That's currently up to V4, Ch 3 (only a little of the chapter though).

The most interesting thing, I've found, is Zenjirou's own character development, from a guy who really just wants to take advantage of Aura's own political desires to relax and slack off, to someone who genuinely loves his wife and wants to work hard to help her out as much as possible. I'm somewhat of a sucker for romance, so this bit really hits me where I live.

This series, in my opinion, is fairly slice of life. The few conflicts that arose tend to be political, and those are generally handled fairly smoothly by Zenjirou and Aura. The various materials Zenjirou brings from Earth tend to mostly just help make things comfortable for Zenjirou, Aura, and the inner palace staff rather than change the world. For example, the most often used pieces of technology tend to be stuff like his cooler (the maids love the cold towels and ice cubes, what with them being in a fairly tropical setting). Zenjirou just wants to take it easy, and the lack of a technological revolution brought by his presence reflects that and keeps to the theme.

Quote:
So does Zenjirou get a harem or not? I thought Aura wanted monopolize Zenjirou when she started liking him.
No he doesn't. In fact, his (and Aura's) desire to not have a harem actually ends up being one of those political conflicts I mentioned, where Zenjirou has to start making appearances in court in order to preemptively establish that certain things pertaining to him (his lack of a harem and his lack of political ambition) is due to his personal desire and not Aura oppressing him.

In fact, he and Aura has multiple planning sessions on how to do this. Man loves his wife.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 00:47   Link #8
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
No he doesn't. In fact, his (and Aura's) desire to not have a harem actually ends up being one of those political conflicts I mentioned, where Zenjirou has to start making appearances in court in order to preemptively establish that certain things pertaining to him (his lack of a harem and his lack of political ambition) is due to his personal desire and not Aura oppressing him.

In fact, he and Aura has multiple planning sessions on how to do this. Man loves his wife.
I think this is great. I see no need for harem in this story anyway but I do need to see more
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-13, 00:48   Link #9
Ghoststaker

It is the chinese translation of the LN right? Do you happen to have a link to it?
Old 2014-11-13, 00:48   Link #10
kazzuya

Quote:
So does Zenjirou get a harem or not? I thought Aura wanted monopolize Zenjirou the more she started liking him and that harem was only planned and not actually executed. I'm wasn't sure if harem does indeed happen
I thought in volume 2 one of his harem candidate the little sister of the general started living in the castle and his magic tutor is also one of the harem candidates.
Old 2014-11-13, 00:53   Link #11
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Has this story been purely political conflicts no wars?
Old 2014-11-13, 00:59   Link #12
kazzuya

Quote:
Has this story been purely political conflicts no wars?
The war just ended and the only royalty left is Aura and many nobles and aristocrat died in that war before the start of the story. That is the reason why Aura needs to produce an heir as soon as possible to ease the mind of the masses.
Old 2014-11-13, 01:33   Link #13
Mechatrill

Quote:
I think this is great. I see no need for harem in this story anyway but I do need to see more
Spoiler:
Yeah, they're waiting on that.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
It is the chinese translation of the LN right? Do you happen to have a link to it?
The Chinese version of the name is 理想的小白脸生活. Being unable to read Japanese, I'm obviously not able to vouch for the accuracy of the translation, but I do tend to trust translations posted on such widespread hosting sides such as sfacg and lightnovel.cn...

Quote:
I thought in volume 2 one of his harem candidate the little sister of the general started living in the castle and his magic tutor is also one of the harem candidates.
Aha, no... The sister does not get any attention outside of official functions, and the Octavia the magic tutor is married. They (Aura, her adviser, and Zenjirou) actually wondered if Octavia was there to try to seduce Zenjirou (even to the point of wondering if her husband has an NTR fetish). In fact, when it comes to hiring a magic tutor, most of the candidates suggested were young, pretty women, making it obvious what the ones who made the suggestions were hoping for. In fact, it's because Aura and her adviser concluded that such a thing was unlikely for Octavia that they ended up choosing her as the tutor in the end.

There's actually a short bit where it's mentioned that Zenjirou's faithfulness (and cultural differences in part) is damaging for the inner palace's maids' confidence.
Spoiler:
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-13, 02:05   Link #14
gimme breack
I Hate Ecchi . . . NOT!!?

btw, what's the scedule of the translation?
Old 2014-11-13, 02:08   Link #15
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme breack View Post
btw, what's the scedule of the translation?
No fixed schedule. It's up to PROzess when he finishes a chapter and updates.
Old 2014-11-18, 07:19   Link #16
ZeKeR
Superbad

I wonder how he fared as a parent should the kid be born tho.
Old 2014-11-18, 07:28   Link #17
VooXoo

The child will be born, the pics are clear, from the spoilers is a reverse couple, working wife, stay home husband.
I hope it get a manga soon, it would help make it popular and probably people would join the translation team.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 09:27   Link #18
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
I hope it get a manga soon, it would help make it popular and probably people would join the translation team.
Though I would quit if anyone absolutely wanted to work on it.
Old 2014-11-18, 09:34   Link #19
gimme breack
I Hate Ecchi . . . NOT!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
Though I would quit if anyone absolutely wanted to work on it.
nah, I want . . .no , we want you countinued this series as main project if you could. cuz your work on konjiki was way so fast and enjoyable . . .
now you pass konjiki's baton to yoraikun, so you could work on this novel right?
even tho once a week . . .

btw, thank you for your work on konjiki's teaser
Old 2014-11-18, 09:42   Link #20
Amanomurakumo

Do whatever you want, while I would like to see more done, I'd rather find something else to do and check back in a few weeks than sit around pestering the few people willing to invest their valuable time and energy doing translations for absolutely nothing in return. Your translations are very well done by the way, no grammar or spelling errors that I can see at all.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, politics, riajuu, romance, transported