AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-05, 10:22   Link #141
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

how far is the translated manga? is anyone still working on this??
Old 2009-02-05, 12:10   Link #142
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Though I don't have the chapter yet, apparently the latest chapter of the manga takes place on August 10th. So the new storyline will kick off 10 days before the start of vol 3, as the first time Touma ran into Mikoto after losing his memory was August 20th.

Also, the special edition of the blu-ray included a Railgun short story with the girls on an island. That's the second one they've published I think; the first being the one in the Appendix involving Uihara.

MUST READ SPECIAL NOW!

Somebody translate this quickly!
Old 2009-02-06, 00:45   Link #143
Bordix

Quote:
how far is the translated manga? is anyone still working on this??
well, it was a joint project by hidoi and twilight, but those guys broke up.

So currently, hidoi is working on this and last chapter was release by them.
Old 2009-02-06, 21:13   Link #144
stillmissing

New chapter begins with the flashback to when she was tricked into giving her DNA.

Old 2009-02-08, 01:41   Link #145
wat3v3r
Hidoi~! Translators
*Scanlator

-_- yes we are still working on it lol and chap 10 released meh i wanted more action in the fight though
Old 2009-02-08, 04:33   Link #146
Mentar
Banned

Heck, more action than even THAT? For Railgun standards, this was a pretty protracted fight!

Anyway, we see that Kuroko can do more than just bully weaklings ... in a way, I regret that the anime doesn't seem to allow a glimpse on this other side of her: The capable, determined and pretty brave Judgment.

Thanks to Hidoi! Please keep it up!
Old 2009-02-08, 17:15   Link #147
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Heck, more action than even THAT? For Railgun standards, this was a pretty protracted fight!

Anyway, we see that Kuroko can do more than just bully weaklings ... in a way, I regret that the anime doesn't seem to allow a glimpse on this other side of her: The capable, determined and pretty brave Judgment.
Yes, I was surprised that was such an interesting battle. I like it when it takes a strategy to defeat an opponent. For a second there, I thought that thug had the same ability as Accel's default ability . That's why I was expecting someone to jump in and save her, but I'm glad it wasn't that cliche'. Seeing Kuro use her abilities to that extent for the first time was great. I wanna see Uihara's fight seriously too, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Now if only Mikoto can have such an interesting battle(as amusing as her frustration with not being able to dmg Touma, it doesn't really make for an interesting fight).

Next chap should be interesting. Wonder what will happen when a lv 0 uses the Level Upper(assuming that Saten IS going to use it on herself)? Lv 0's aren't supposed to have any abilities yet right?
Old 2009-02-09, 01:14   Link #148
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Now if only Mikoto can have such an interesting battle(as amusing as her frustration with not being able to dmg Touma, it doesn't really make for an interesting fight).
From Index you should have the general idea of what the main character has to do at the end of an arc... so yeah, Mikoto has a big boss fight at the end of the level upper arc; don't worry about that.
Old 2009-02-09, 08:43   Link #149
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Now if only Mikoto can have such an interesting battle.
frubam, i have read the 2nd Volume raws and...

Spoiler for Things to come in Volume 2:
Old 2009-02-09, 12:45   Link #150
Lime soda

I had just read chapter ten, when I hadn't gotten a chance to take a look at nine. Kuroko was really taking a beating. If I had taken a kick in the ribs like that I wouldn't be able to get back up like she did, much less run around in a big building and while figuring out that guy's power. Then there's the knife being pointed at her... she's a formidable opponent for keeping her cool so well.

What Ruriko did at the end, I wouldn't blame her. She still can't let it go and I wouldn't be able to either.
Old 2009-02-09, 19:17   Link #151
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Was it really necessary for her to... um... bring down the house in order to stop that guy? He had to keep his illusions close in order to keep her fooled, and once the impossible kick tipped her off, why didn't she just keep her distance (like she should have been doing the whole time) and do some more exploratory surgery with that pencil? A little trial and error would have wiped that smirk off his face--his position wasn't that far off. Maybe I'm underestimating her cooldown time, but she is a Level 5...

Hm. Well, besides the likelihood of killing him, I mean. There is that, but maybe there was another way...
Old 2009-02-09, 19:53   Link #152
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Was it really necessary for her to... um... bring down the house in order to stop that guy? He had to keep his illusions close in order to keep her fooled, and once the impossible kick tipped her off, why didn't she just keep her distance (like she should have been doing the whole time) and do some more exploratory surgery with that pencil? A little trial and error would have wiped that smirk off his face--his position wasn't that far off. Maybe I'm underestimating her cooldown time, but she is a Level 5...

Hm. Well, besides the likelihood of killing him, I mean. There is that, but maybe there was another way...
I'm pretty sure she's not Level 5. If she was the school wouldn't be so proud of their "Oneesan," and would likely split the fame between them. I think she's level 3 (or maybe 4). Quite a bit above average, but not at the top.

As for the fight itself, well, she has limited ammo. I suppose she could go pick up her needles, but that's pretty much the opposite of fighting defensively. Also, I didn't really get the feeling that he was always a constant distance from his illusion; he could control where it was. While attacking randomly could get you a lucky hit, he'd just change it and you'd have to start all over again. An "area of effect" attack was her best bet, and that's exactly what she did.

Anyway, he made me think of a displacer beast. Actually, I considered that last chapter too. Illusions are a nice way for writers to make a weak opponent dangerous for someone who's clearly stronger.

Oh yeah, and I'm now wondering if Kuroko could just teleport a bowling ball (or anything really) into Accelerator's head. Does teleportation have a vector?
Old 2009-02-10, 01:27   Link #153
stillmissing

Kuroko is a level 4. Tokiwadai, even being a girl's school, (thus cutting the number of potentially available students by half) has two of academy city's seven level 5s attending. It's quite prestigious. They also have an unusually high number of level 4s. I forget the exact number, but I think it's in the 40s.

As for teleportation, yes theoretically it could go right by Accelerator's defense (and by Imagine Breaker too), but well... let's just say Accelerator has fought someone with powers like that, and things aren't always as easy as they seem.
Old 2009-02-10, 16:11   Link #154
Ketro

Yes, chapter 10 is subbed! The fight with Kuroko was ok, but of course the heavily armed Security men arrive right after the fight is over. I wanted more Mikoto in the chapter though, I didnt get to see her at all in that one D:

The next chapter will probably deal with Ruiko and the Level Upper, unless it goes to Mikoto for the next one.
Old 2009-02-10, 20:17   Link #155
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

teleportation has no vector values. just 2 points =P.
also anyone saw the movie "jumper" can she do what they do in the movie? teleport a bus to crash onto a poor sod?
Old 2009-02-10, 21:51   Link #156
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
teleportation has no vector values. just 2 points =P.
It really depends on how Teleportation is defined.
After all, it's a fictional aspect.

I mean, it could be emitting particles at the speed of light, and then composing yourself.
Old 2009-02-11, 16:03   Link #157
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
frubam, i have read the 2nd Volume raws and...

I knew I shouldn't have read that. You tease me too much. Knowing something good is gonna come just gets myself hyped up for something that going to take a while to come .
Old 2009-02-12, 07:56   Link #158
Necroseer

Regarding that spoiler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo
I mean, it could be emitting particles at the speed of light, and then composing yourself.
Kind of like the old Star Trek teleportation devices :P In this case it seems to be a like the standard D&D teleportation with an image of the place that you want to teleport to be in mind before you make the jump. Regardless, even if she does bypass Accelerator's defenses, he still has his automated defense with anything that comes into contact with him, so it wouldn't so simple to touch him even then.
Old 2009-02-12, 18:13   Link #159
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroseer View Post
Regarding that spoiler...
Dual Skill, Multi Skill... Just a fancy word for having more than one ability.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-12, 18:26   Link #160
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroseer View Post
Kind of like the old Star Trek teleportation devices :P In this case it seems to be a like the standard D&D teleportation with an image of the place that you want to teleport to be in mind before you make the jump. Regardless, even if she does bypass Accelerator's defenses, he still has his automated defense with anything that comes into contact with him, so it wouldn't so simple to touch him even then.
When I brought it up, I meant in reference to the fact that she cut apparently cut pillars by teleporting windows into them. If teleportation has no vector, than she could teleport thing into Accelerator, completely bypassing his automated touch-based defense. I mean, yeah he can repel them after they're there, but its useless if his head has already been cut in half.

Basically, with teleportation she could skip the "touching" part and go straight into the "cutting" or "piercing" part, so his touch-based defense would be irrelevant.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen