AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 22:01   Link #1061
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

No one outside of people who know him personally knows his real name or even what he looks like.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:07   Link #1062
G0rd0

if anybody doesn't mind answering i just finished watching both seasons of index which volume should i read to continue
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:09   Link #1063
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
if anybody doesn't mind answering i just finished watching both seasons of index which volume should i read to continue
You can continue from Volume 14.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:10   Link #1064
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

its best to read the parts you missed with volume 1 and onwards... but i think the anime stops around volume 14.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:13   Link #1065
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Well s2 ends with GROUP being formed, which was SS1.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:19   Link #1066
G0rd0

Thank you guys for answering i just checked bt and they don't have those volumes anymore only new testament don't know if im allowed to ask but is there somewhere else to read it at
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:39   Link #1067
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Due to localisation of the OT series by Yen Press, the old volumes have been taken down, but PDF files of the books have been made before it was taken down. I don't think we're allowed to post links here, but a quick google search should do the trick. I believe someone on the Wikia has download links for them.
Old 2014-10-07, 00:29   Link #1068
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

some stated using wayback website to recall the archives of the volumes before being taken down by BT. and yes posting links to where you can read/dl it is against the rules. I got a day banned for that once on the WoT game thread.
Old 2014-10-10, 00:58   Link #1069
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Funimation Index II English Dub BD/DVD release date news:

Shipping will be delayed by two weeks due to some technical issues. It is now shipping on October 28th.
Old 2014-10-16, 19:22   Link #1070
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Well english dub is trash compared to the original with subs
Old 2014-10-16, 19:47   Link #1071
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Well english dub is trash compared to the original with subs
Based on what little I have seen of the dub, I'd have to disagree. Despite some minor scripting issues (Sissy, mofos) and some failures in voice casting (eg Accelerator's VA, who I forgive since Nobuhiko Okamoto's performance is a tough act to follow, no pun intended), it was a fairly decent dub. It wasn't a dub on the level of FMA or a Studio Ghibli Movie but it was in no way a horrible dub. Especially since I was satisfied with the voice casting for characters like Touma and Mikoto and I loved the voice casting for Index. Monica Rial being casted as Index was pure genius, especially since she had the experience of voicing a crazy Christian teenager already (I jest. I jest.).
Old 2014-10-16, 19:50   Link #1072
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Based on what little I have seen of the dub, I'd have to disagree. Despite some minor scripting issues (Sissy, mofos) and some failures in voice casting (eg Accelerator's VA, who I forgive since Nobuhiko Okamoto's performance is a tough act to follow, no pun intended), it was a fairly decent dub. It wasn't a dub on the level of FMA or a Studio Ghibli Movie but it was in no way a horrible dub. Especially since I was satisfied with the voice casting for characters like Touma and Mikoto and I loved the voice casting for Index. Monica Rial being casted as Index was pure genius, especially since she had the experience of voicing a crazy Christian teenager already (I jest. I jest.).
Lol at your last line.

Also, Brittney is great as Mikoto. Touma's VA is pretty good. I actually really like Accelerator's VA (obviously not as much as the Japanese counterpart though... ) And the other VA's are pretty good. I mean I basically agree with everything Hiss13 said. Having BD quality anime for cheap American anime release prices, with decent VA is way better for me, than great VA's, but not nearly as high animation quality anime.

I saw Index I and Railgun in English before I saw the rest of it with subtitles. I liked the anime before I watched it in subtitles. That should say something.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 21:08   Link #1073
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol at your last line.

Also, Brittney is great as Mikoto. Touma's VA is pretty good. I actually really like Accelerator's VA (obviously not as much as the Japanese counterpart though... ) And the other VA's are pretty good. I mean I basically agree with everything Hiss13 said. Having BD quality anime for cheap American anime release prices, with decent VA is way better for me, than great VA's, but not nearly as high animation quality anime.

I saw Index I and Railgun in English before I saw the rest of it with subtitles. I liked the anime before I watched it in subtitles. That should say something.
I watched both show before the dubs were available, and Accelerator's dub voice made the dubs unwatchable for me. I just couldn't get used to it. But then my view on dubs is somewhat skewed since I usually watch shows as they are airing so I am already accustomed to the sub before the dub ever comes out.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 21:19   Link #1074
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

same, I have a hard time to watch dubbed anime.
Old 2015-07-29, 00:06   Link #1075
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Hey, it's been quite a long time since this thread has been used. I think I will revive it for a short time...with this video

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26785545
https://www.facebook.com/ToAruMajuts...6091029463249/
We are really getting desperate for index 3, so much so that we are now making it for ourselves.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 21:51   Link #1076
zaikoi

I actually want to do my first fanart fanmade NT 9 animation.
But,I don't have time because of work & hobby time.
Yeah,distraction delays me. lol
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote