AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-02, 01:49   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Demographic labels are overrated as a general rule. But I think some people are making assumptions about Ao Ashi’s future course based on thinking it’s shounen, when in fact it’s seinen. In this case that matters.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 08:40   Link #22
EroKing

Episode 5

Aoi Noriko, please take this award for Best Mom of the Year already.

While most of the entertainment will surely come from the actual soccer plays, focus on those people who support you like this is really good for the heart now and then. Ashito's energy, this beautiful animation and direction aren't the only things carrying the show. Not enough words to praise this as it continues to be an absolute gem.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 08:38.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 08:44   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That episode was 100% the seinen bloodline shining through. Really stellar.

Episode director and storyboarder was Naganuma Norihiro, Mahoutsukai no Yome director. Clearly I.G. knew this was an important one.
Old 2022-05-07, 08:54   Link #24
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 5
Continues to be solid. The consistency of quality over the past 5 episodes is exemplary. The adaptation follows the manga closely. There's no need to embellish it. Just needs a solid consistent delivery of the goods, so to speak, and Production I.G. is just nailing it each episode.

The story is very much seinen as mentioned by Guardian Enzo above. It respects the reader/viewer and does not talk down to them. If you appreciate seinen style stories/series, this show delivers it in spades.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 10:02   Link #25
grecefar

That card make cry too, what an amazing mother and ashito too, it may be his dream but he wants to use it to help her.

Mother and son of the year. Big brother too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 10:03   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tomorrow is Mother's Day in Japan, how fitting.
Old 2022-05-07, 10:49   Link #27
Uribatake

God damn it, Ao Ashi, you're not supposed to make me cry before lunch.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 18:31   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Damn... I came in expecting Captain Tsubasa and end up getting something more akin to Sangatsu no Lion? Thank the godess I picked this one up. One of the strongest shows I'm watching this season for sure. Now I really hope the show can carry on after this season because this story deserves to be properly told. I can't even remember when was the last time I was so invested in a sports anime. 10/10 for episode. Mom of the year indeed.
Old 2022-05-09, 17:12   Link #29
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I'm loving this anime more and more. Learning its actually seinen is a treat. I knew the moment they first did that close up for of the mom's face, that animation quality, chef's ��.

I'm already shipping Hana and Ao but glad they didn't take the easy and cheesy way out. Love it when supporting characters get clear cut personalities and their own motivations

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-09, 18:59   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The only fly in the ointment is the lack of an announced episode count. The OP suggests it could be at least 24-26 and once upon a time a series like this (especially on NHK) would get multiple seasons.

Now? Who the hell knows. One cour would be ludicrous, but absent info to the contrary it's certainly possible.
Old 2022-05-10, 08:57   Link #31
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I'm expecting 2 cour. However, it could go the way of Ace of Diamond anime adaptation by having more than 2 cours in one go and possibly all the way to the end. The mangaka has already revealed that there are not many volumes left to completion a short while back. Expected to end at either Volume 28 or 29. Currently, up to Volume 27. Manga serialisation is up to Chapter 293 (as of to-date). So, not many chapters left.

EDIT:
Source: https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/st...00508224139265

Now that the manga has received a boost from the TV anime adaptation, I wonder whether he would be tasked to extend the series a bit more.

Last edited by leongsh; 2022-05-10 at 09:14.
Old 2022-05-14, 07:46   Link #32
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 6 - The calm before the storm.
Old 2022-05-14, 08:11   Link #33
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not the sort of ep you do if you're only going 12 episodes, one would think.
Old 2022-05-14, 10:47   Link #34
grecefar

First thing in my mind when I saw Kuribayashi: "Look, that's Sendoh."

If that coach don't see Aoi talent like Fukuda is not wonder why he is just the B team coach.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-14, 12:06   Link #35
Blaat

Meanwhile I'm thinking that one of the assistant coaches is the reincarnation of Saitō Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin.
Old 2022-05-14, 13:01   Link #36
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Meanwhile I'm thinking that one of the assistant coaches is the reincarnation of Saitō Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin.
Ah.. that's Nozomi Date, the Team B head coach.

Last edited by leongsh; 2022-05-14 at 13:35.
Old 2022-05-14, 16:31   Link #37
Decel

I hope and assume the B Coach will explain why he's so refracted by Aoi as a player.
Old 2022-05-14, 17:52   Link #38
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I'm loving this anime more and more. Learning its actually seinen is a treat. I knew the moment they first did that close up for of the mom's face, that animation quality, chef's ��.

I'm already shipping Hana and Ao but glad they didn't take the easy and cheesy way out. Love it when supporting characters get clear cut personalities and their own motivations
Glad to know I'm not the only one shipping those two. Not because of Aoi mind (he can get on my nerves a bit), but because of Hana who's absolutely precious and deserves everything in the world

Ahem, shipping aside that was a good episode again. I don't think Aoi needed to overhear that conversation and the B team coach having it in for him right from the start does not bode well. The kid's going to have a tough mountain to climb here but it wouldn't be a sports show without barriers to overcome now would it?

I came into this not expecting much but thank god I did. Kudos to Enzo for mentioning early on that this might be special. Wouldn't have tried it were it not for those comments.
Old 2022-05-14, 18:45   Link #39
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one shipping those two. Not because of Aoi mind (he can get on my nerves a bit), but because of Hana who's absolutely precious and deserves everything in the world

Ahem, shipping aside that was a good episode again. I don't think Aoi needed to overhear that conversation and the B team coach having it in for him right from the start does not bode well. The kid's going to have a tough mountain to climb here but it wouldn't be a sports show without barriers to overcome now would it?

I came into this not expecting much but thank god I did. Kudos to Enzo for mentioning early on that this might be special. Wouldn't have tried it were it not for those comments.
Music to my ears!

A kid could go two ways overhearing that, but I get the sense that Ashito is the type who's going to have a chip on his shoulder and be even more motivated to prove the A-hole wrong. Mind you I wouldn't take that conversation 100% at face value - given the demographic and the previous episodes, it seems out of character for the series and the person.

I do like Hana, who has a lot more depth than most token cute girl/love interest characters in sports shounen (not surprisingly. as this is sports seinen). She can get from Point A to Point B a little too quickly sometimes for my tastes (when it's convenient for the narrative) but she's a net-positive overall for sure.
Old 2022-05-21, 08:30   Link #40
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 7
Ashito gets a big reality check. He is too individualistic and is lacking in football knowledge and technical skills. As he is now, Coach Date's opinion in the previous episode rings true.

Tags
soccer, sports