AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-08, 11:27   Link #281
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

No it's Kinda like what would happen if in Watanagashi-hen Keiichi decided to ignore everything
Old 2007-09-08, 16:15   Link #282
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

IIRC, Rika didn't get killed by Shion in Taraimawashi-hen because Keiichi didn't ask her to protect him, so you're partially right. Then the end part played out similar to Yakusamashi (except Mion, who was being kept in the Sonozaki dungeon by Shion and thus escaped the 'gas disaster', took the place of Satoko.)
Old 2007-09-12, 21:47   Link #283
sezen_atacan

In Tsumihoroboshi-hen, was Irie looking for Rena? It seems odd that the assasins were asking Keichi if he saw Rena in one of the episodes. I thought Takano wants Rena to carry out her plans? When those guys were asking Keiichi for Rena, it doesn't seem like anyone delusion. It could be Takano realized that Rena's crazyness can be a double edged sword??

Also I am not sure about whether those guys claming to be foresters in Tsumihoroboshi-hen are really foresters. Rena discovers that the phone number on the envelope doesn't work. I am assuming the forestry maintenance thing was a plan to round up people to make extermination easier??

At least it seems that Rena did predicted the Hinamizawa Disaster correctly, kinda, but blamed the wrong person. I am not sure if Irie was trying to help her in this chapter or Takano trying to get rid of Rena earlier.

Also about Rena's imposter showing up in the grannery. I don't understand the purpose of it. Perhaps Takano was distracting the officers at the dump site so no one can stop Rena?
Old 2007-09-13, 01:46   Link #284
MrZombie

I'm not totally sure that all of the green overalls guys are part of the conspiracy. If I remember right the ones that go into the school are actually part of a landscaping company that recently moved their headquarters. So the phone number on the envelope was old.

As to Rena's "double", someone was merely mistaken in seeing her there. That's all, nothing more.
Old 2007-09-13, 17:27   Link #285
sezen_atacan

some of those green guys did ask Keiichi for Rena. I wonder why though.
Old 2007-09-13, 19:07   Link #286
Rias

There's the hint in the game that explains why those landscapers had the wrong number (one of the thing that made Rena more paranoid, that some unknown people is trying to get her)

Spoiler for Matsuribayashi-hen:
Old 2007-09-13, 20:22   Link #287
MrZombie

Hmm. I must have missed that then.
Old 2007-09-13, 20:32   Link #288
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
There's the hint in the game that explains why those landscapers had the wrong number (one of the thing that made Rena more paranoid, that some unknown people is trying to get her)
I didn't need the game for that. They were after all wearing the uniform.
Old 2007-09-18, 11:39   Link #289
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I have a question.. It might sound stupid though..

Spoiler for Kai ep 11:

^ if that even made sense i would appreciate an answer, Thanks

Old 2007-09-18, 15:47   Link #290
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post

Spoiler for Kai ep 11:

The first question I think will be answered by the end of Minagoroshi (it's close)

The second, maybe at the beggining of Matsuribayashi or the end of minagoroshi, that is, if you didn't get it with ep. 11

without much spoilers: Takano wanted to do something Tomitake didn't agree (meeh, this is obvious hehee)
Old 2007-09-18, 22:30   Link #291
sezen_atacan

Does Takano have a "PLAN B" to still continue the eradication even if Rika suddenly disappears off her radar? In Watanagashi-hen and Maekashi-hen, I don't even think Takano knows that all she had to do was to pick up Rika from Onibaba's well.

I am suprised Hinamizawa is spared because at this point Takano must be pretty upset. I used to think that there was a transmitter implanted into Rika, but I guess I am wrong. After doing something this grand, I would find it hard for Takano to sit still. Is the REAL Takano even alive in the aftermath of Watanagashi-hen and Maekashi-hen??
Old 2007-09-19, 00:07   Link #292
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I don't think there is a plan b because of the fact that she needs to prove Rika died to get premission to eradicate the village
Old 2007-09-19, 10:12   Link #293
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

^ oo i see Thank You!!

Old 2007-09-19, 11:04   Link #294
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post

Spoiler for Kai ep 11:

Takano and Tomitake are outsiders. I'm not sure Hanyuu can watch them without a Hinamazawan nearby. After all
Spoiler for Hanyuu's nature:
. The episode made it perfectly clear why Takano does what she does in the episode.
Old 2007-09-20, 18:28   Link #295
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Takano and Tomitake are outsiders. I'm not sure Hanyuu can watch them without a Hinamazawan nearby. After all
. The episode made it perfectly clear why Takano does what she does in the episode.
Recall Rena's near-death experience in Ibaraki. However, that's also debatable if that is really Hanyuu, or just her imagination.
Old 2007-09-23, 09:52   Link #296
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj;

Thank You!

Old 2007-10-02, 19:19   Link #297
Rias

Do allow me to rant about Time stop for a bit more

I think one of the thing that I still can't really agree on cutting out time stop is that...that scene is actually a very powerful scene. I see it more as a flashback, something people see before they die. In this case, instead of having Keiichi see his life flash before him, he has a conversation with his club members.

Spoiler for game content:

They had the time to do it, but maybe it's becuase of the recent events in Japan that they have to change the sequence...
Old 2007-10-02, 20:07   Link #298
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Do allow me to rant about Time stop for a bit more

I think one of the thing that I still can't really agree on cutting out time stop is that...that scene is actually a very powerful scene. I see it more as a flashback, something people see before they die. In this case, instead of having Keiichi see his life flash before him, he has a conversation with his club members.

Spoiler for game content:

They had the time to do it, but maybe it's becuase of the recent events in Japan that they have to change the sequence...
those screens of mion speak for themselves~~
it's not right that they more or less changed her end 100% from "や、やめッ" to "sacrifice sacrifice" even if it looks and sounds cool~~

Spoiler for time stop:
Old 2007-10-03, 00:59   Link #299
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for opinion on changes between minagoroshi game/anime:
Old 2007-10-03, 23:01   Link #300
sezen_atacan

For all the failed arcs where Takano wins, do we know if Takano is still alive or has she succumbed to the L5 condition in which she resorted to "seppuku"?? There has already been clues in TIPs and in the final arc that says that Takano already has worsening conditions days before watanagashi. And if Irie is dead then so is the cure and eventually Takano too?

Takano's efforts seem futile without Irie to cure the Hinamizawa syndrome eating her. Going into hiding seems like a wierd concept of Godhood, I though she would replace the Emperor or something but maybe not. I don't think she can go public after this or will she? Or would she claw her throat out in a cave somewhere? I am kinda unconvinced that she will stop only with Hinamizawa. I've yet to see her empire come to fruitation. Just a curious fellow here.

Also I am a bit confused with the character revival concept here. Are the characters excluding Rika, the same characters soul and body being transferred to the next world or are they totally seperate entities in the new Hinamizawas??

For example the Rena in Watanagashi hen is still alive, so there is no way she can transfer suddenly with Rika to the next world. What I am saying is the Rena in the next world might miraculously gain memories from another Rena with different mind,body and soul.

sorry am I too confusing?
Closed Thread