AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 21:28   Link #361
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

What happened to Melkia post ikusa megami 2? Are normal humans qualified for reincarnation in the future?

//

Well, time to go for harem route using my monster army~
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 21:58   Link #362
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Okay wow. Now that sounds intriguing. Now I'm kinda interested in checking out this game's true route.

Yeah, Louie's still accompanied by his immortal harem and searching for Irina's soul. Celica's still waiting for Astrea's reincarnation so they can reunite, but his is a more vague example, since up to now it's unclear as to whether or not Luna Clear (and her reincarnation after that life) is actually Astrea's reincarnation (because there are way too many hints that point at one or the other in this instance).

Humans are still eligible for reincarnation, as are gods. Shamarra, for example, was reincarnated into Mariniya, and finally got her wish to come true when she became Celica's apostle.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:01   Link #363
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Will the reincarnation remember memories/see visions of their past life?
Old 2013-05-11, 22:05   Link #364
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

See...that's the iffy thing.

For the most part, they are able to remember vague feelings, strong emotions and such that they had (for another person) in their previous life. In the Shamarra-Mariniya example, she expressed a strong fear that Celica would leave her (which is what happened to Shamarra in ZERO, as Celica was going off to fight Astrea's corrupted sister Eidos) and vehemently insisted that she wanted to remain by his side despite his refusal, so I'd say yes, the reincarnated are able to "remember" strong feelings.

But as for remembering actual memories (and correct me if I'm wrong on this part here), it gets a bit hazy because: Luna Clear, for example, is able to remember memories that only Celica and Astrea shared together, but it's never really proven as to whether or not she is the genuine reincarnation of Satia/the goddess Astrea. Some say Astrea's soul split, or her memories were divided, etc.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:07   Link #365
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
What happened to Melkia post ikusa megami 2? Are normal humans qualified for reincarnation in the future?
they barely advanced
the leadership is poor
the government is corrupt

If Weisshart was still alive he would go: "descendants.. I am disappoint"

And yes.. everyone gets reincarnated, you just don't know when..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 22:08   Link #366
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That and even if Weiss and Aru were reincarnated in the same time, within the same area/vicinity...without something to explicitly remind them of their pasts, they might just spend their lives blissfully ignorant of one another, or of their pasts.

Now that's gonna be horribly bittersweet.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:17   Link #367
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

You just added more bitterness into my already bitter evening from playing true route
Old 2013-05-11, 22:18   Link #368
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
You just added more bitterness into my already bitter evening from playing true route
Life in the Dir=Lyfna lane (pedal to the metal)~

That one was a hypothesis based solely on Celica and Luna Clear's time together; heck, even with the handicap that Celica is Celica (and not a reincarnation and thus would not need any further stimulus in triggering the other party's previous incarnation memories), Luna Clear still had a hard time at remembering the memories between Astrea and Celica, and it still ended in tragedy.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:25   Link #369
Key Board
Carbon

Oh yeah, regarding the true final boss

Spoiler:

Honestly, I agree with him. Too bad he had to use such dick-ish methods
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-11, 22:27   Link #370
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So...he basically wanted to flip off the Old Pantheon AND the New Pantheon at the same time? Never mind that the last time humans did that, with infinitely more advanced and diabolical biotechnology, they still lost so bad?

Classy.

Naberius is gonna have a fun old time torturing that poor bastard down in the underworld.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:29   Link #371
Key Board
Carbon

Can't blame him for trying

Gods are assholes in Eushully-verse. Probably as bad as the ones in Shin Megami Tensei
Oh yeah, interestingly enough.. the present madou tech as we know it actually was founded by a Dwarven God
After the war of the 3 gods, he studied various technology of mankinds and artifcial gods and developed Madou Tech from it.

I wonder what the other gods thought of that. They probably gave him a funny look.

//
Old 2013-05-11, 22:30   Link #372
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Excluding the neutral gods (like Thanatos) or the ones who have been sealed and still remember their loss so much that they don't give a flying fuck anymore, yeahhhhh. The majority are pretty bad assholes and jerks.

Barouhart number 1 asshole on the list, and Marsterria comes a close second.

Funny look nothing, that Dwarven God is probably in hiding for his life right now. Knowing how much those gods hate technology...
Old 2013-05-11, 22:37   Link #373
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Well, I guess the other three madou kokakous are still around

/sad face

Some day when i get bored enough i should go back to the old eushully games, they sound rather interesting.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:39   Link #374
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

There, there. The bitterness will wash off after some time. But the faint glimmer of hope?

Never.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:49   Link #375
Key Board
Carbon

Is Barouhart really that weakened in present times?

I'm pretty sure the incident with Aidos was a huge blow, he doesn't seem to be fading into obscurity any time soon. Again i could be wrong.

Maybe it's more because Marsterria being more and more prominent and thus taking the spotlight from the likes of Barouhart?

and about the other more mentioned gods in Eushully games.. I'm personally curious about Alaina

The lore says she isuber popular with women. What is it about a goddess of chaos that attracts a sweet woman like

Old 2013-05-11, 22:49   Link #376
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I think having that faint glimmer of hope can make things worse. Its like Weiss would forever be haunted by the thought and never get over it. But knowing him, I guess he will just fall back to a new harem (much to liselle's dismay) in no time.
Old 2013-05-11, 22:53   Link #377
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Mmmmm Petrene. Still jealous of Louie, having such a hot attendant sweet dutiful girl like that by his side 24/7. To be fair though, Petrene was picking up from where the previous priestess left off (as her way of trying to repay Louie's kindness), and since the Goddess they (as in Louie's territory) worshiped was Alaina, she pretty much had no say in the matter. Though Petrene's devotion to Alaina is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty high up there.

Yeah, Barouhart is pretty much nearly unheard-of in the present day (post-IM2). Him inadvertently creating Celica was bad enough (I mean REALLY bad enough; come on, guy had a hand in making the GODSLAYER, what a douche), but then he had to go and make ANOTHER Yuusha go and kill Louie's dad, of all people. Louie, the guy who would eventually end up conquering the whole of Resperant.

Marsterria's spreading influence is also a factor, but unlike Barouhart and his diabolical means, Marsterria's pretty diplomatic and knows when to compromise/learn.

Another factor in Barouhart's diminished influence is that the places that worshiped him just faded into obscurity (if they weren't obliterated to nothingness, like what Celica inadvertently did to his home village - HA! CELICA 1 BAROUHART 0 IN UR FACE U JERK GOD).

Flying Dagger, that faint glimmer of hope I mentioned that will never die out?

It's not meant to make things easier.

Just look at how long Louie's going to be searching for Irina (before he embarked on the journey, he was pretty much told that the chances of encountering her again were absurdly close to non-existent; and he still went with it), or how long Celica is still waiting for Astrea. And these two are near-immortal, mind you.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2013-05-11 at 23:04.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 23:05   Link #378
Key Board
Carbon

Well, according to the lore Alaina is popular with young girls. So it's not just Petrene. They also mention that healing spells is almost unheard of among dark gods, so Alaina clerics are an oddity because they can use healing spells.

I'm guessing that Alaina alignment is moderate. Enough so that you can find her shrines in neutral territories. (BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES HEALS)

It's like how can find Senal influence everywhere even though he is a light god. (BECAUSE EVERYONE LIKES MONEY)

Though Petrene wasn't just a cleric. She is a Saint of Alaina by the last chapter. All that for love? Some dedication, I agree.
Old 2013-05-11, 23:07   Link #379
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I bet Alaina is popular with all the young girls, especially Petrene, because she can keep them forever young with just enough devotion. Poor Louie though. He's gonna have to work hard to satisfy her nympho needs over the course of their journey.

Look dude, all I'm picking up from this is "we need that War of the Three Pantheons game, like right now, pretty please".

Or maybe it's just me?
Old 2013-05-11, 23:08   Link #380
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Look dude, all I'm picking up from this is "we need that War of the Three Pantheons game, like right now, pretty please".

Or maybe it's just me?
As long as it doesn't take place in highschool

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg