AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-06, 05:41   Link #101
Meltyred

Not really sure on what to call it, because I am just reading it in a different language.. so don't mind it, call it whatever you want really.
Old 2013-11-06, 05:49   Link #102
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Optical Conduction wasn't a level up choice, it was a skill he learnt from
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Ouch... I got to feel sorry for him. Then again, it makes the game interesting. If only he could learn a skill to increaase his attack.
Old 2013-11-06, 15:46   Link #103
Sunder the Gold

It breaks the game over the author's knee. That's not interesting, especially not given how much he jabbered about "equal level, equal potential".
Old 2013-11-07, 05:42   Link #104
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Ouch... I got to feel sorry for him. Then again, it makes the game interesting. If only he could learn a skill to increaase his attack.
Doubtfully, since offensive skills are made from feelings of anger, hatred, etc. and Haru isn't good at that kind of thing.

Also don't see where's the balance problem. Anyone can learn skills in the middle of battle. Same potential does not imply everyone will make the best out of what they have, after all.
Old 2013-11-07, 08:44   Link #105
Sunder the Gold

Silver Crow was worthless until he discovered Aviation.

Lime Bell was amazing from the start, and I doubt Cyan Pile had to "discover" his Pile Driver.
Old 2013-11-07, 08:49   Link #106
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Maybe we've been looking at this the wrong way, that the 'same-level, same potential' is an absolute rule.

What if that, rather, is an observation that applies to 90% of BB players? The last 10% who found out more ways to learn moves, had extremely knowledgable Parents, or other external knowledge are thus exceptions to the observation.

That Haruyuki will probably never get as close to a regular player as he will with the exceptional 10% who form the cast is one point, that we might have been seeing too many of the exceptions and too few of the normal players.

Another contender is that if few players are said to advance beyond Level 4, then surely their time spent researching and developing new techniques is much less compared to the high-rankers. The regular players see it as a game, not a tool to understamd themselves.

/ramble.
Old 2013-11-24, 04:55   Link #107
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Omg.

While scanning V2, I can't believe I missed this little line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT V2
If the divorce 7 years ago wasn’t because his father cheated on her, Haruyuki would have thought that it was strange that he was left in her care.
Now this explains a fair bit about Haruyuki's self-repression. If this other woman visited Haruyuki and was friendly in the past, as a seven-year-old when the divorce happened, it's very likely that the young Haryuki blamed himself for being friendly to his father's lover, and repressed his memories as a result.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters