Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 20:11   Link #441
Stickels
Just passing by

okay, my curiosity has gotten the better of me

what the hell is a qi-enhanceing technique?
Old 2004-01-01, 21:10   Link #442
Cora
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels

hehe.. it's a "simple" technique when you enforce your body.. eg:

you can strike through 1 cm thick glass with one finger..

you can throw a pin at velocities of 100km/h and faster

you can make you skin extremly durable and tough..

with other words, qi-enhancening tech is when you make your body stronger and tougher with energy and not strength training...
Old 2004-01-01, 21:14   Link #443
Phatspoonie

Damn, all this makes me want to take up martial arts again. I took karate when i was 6 for a year, but didnt like it because it was like 1 teacher and 30 students, and all you did were basically push ups. The year after i started Kung Fu. I took it at a place in Chinatown Seattle, where my Sifu had started with Bruce Lee. I took Kung Fu there for little over 3 years and was on my 4th form i think (didnt have belts b/c belts didnt mean anything when sparring with ppl from other places). It was a lot of work and eventually i stopped when i was like 10.
Now i miss it I need something to keep me in shape and that i can really make a commitment to that i enjoy and puts me in a good state. Maybe I'll start again when time commits.

Any other MA's ppl suggest i look into other than Kung Fu? something else that is fun but at the same time you learn a lot from and not something like taekwondo, judo, karate (i choose kung fu over those, im chinese ^^)
Old 2004-01-01, 21:20   Link #444
Cora
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatspoonie
Damn, all this makes me want to take up martial arts again. I took karate when i was 6 for a year, but didnt like it because it was like 1 teacher and 30 students, and all you did were basically push ups. The year after i started Kung Fu. I took it at a place in Chinatown Seattle, where my Sifu had started with Bruce Lee. I took Kung Fu there for little over 3 years and was on my 4th form i think (didnt have belts b/c belts didnt mean anything when sparring with ppl from other places). It was a lot of work and eventually i stopped when i was like 10.
Now i miss it I need something to keep me in shape and that i can really make a commitment to that i enjoy and puts me in a good state. Maybe I'll start again when time commits.

Any other MA's ppl suggest i look into other than Kung Fu? something else that is fun but at the same time you learn a lot from and not something like taekwondo, judo, karate (i choose kung fu over those, im chinese ^^)
Well what kind of techniques would you like when you're fighting? You want to be a brawler, one iwth dexterity and agility or one with great tech and no power?
Old 2004-01-01, 21:29   Link #445
Real Deadpool

brazilian jiujitsu, wrestling.
Old 2004-01-01, 21:30   Link #446
Real Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels

its garbage...............
Old 2004-01-01, 22:20   Link #447
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatspoonie

Krav Maga, or Brazilian JuJitsu would be good choices.
Old 2004-01-01, 23:20   Link #448
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Guiness Book of World records: Some guy can drink liquid metal. The record was: the hottest liquid drank by man. Ppl sit in boiling water for hours, swim in near sub-zero waters, get hit but not hurt, fight with their eyes closed etc etc. These are supposedly the ki-enhancing techniques. However the existence of ki/chi/chakra hasnt been proven and we dont know exactly how ppl do those things above. So far, mental will or ki is the only explanation we've got.

Throwing a pin at 100km/h, and driving ur finger 1 cm deep in glass seems less possible. Ive seen in person and on tv the things mentioned above. These 2 seem a bit far-fetched to me. (well maybe not the glass one)
Old 2004-01-01, 23:31   Link #449
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
just wondering....karate, kung fu, ect. came from the chinese culture, right?
Old 2004-01-01, 23:38   Link #450
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *aznplayboi*
no one knows.

shaolin was made from buddhist monks.... who were originally from india.
historians have confirmed the koreans were the first to use martial arts in the battlefield. They are still studying whether china was the first to make a martial art or if it was actually the koreans. One thing is confirmed: the koreans probably used it before the chinese in war.

karate is japanese. It doesnt matter if its root come from chinese culture... its japanese. we dont say Americans are british... we dont say karate is chinese. ^^

Did tat make sense?
Old 2004-01-02, 00:02   Link #451
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Karate mixed with street fighting/my own moves
Old 2004-01-02, 06:20   Link #452
Cora
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
no one knows.

shaolin was made from buddhist monks.... who were originally from india.
historians have confirmed the koreans were the first to use martial arts in the battlefield. They are still studying whether china was the first to make a martial art or if it was actually the koreans. One thing is confirmed: the koreans probably used it before the chinese in war.

karate is japanese. It doesnt matter if its root come from chinese culture... its japanese. we dont say Americans are british... we dont say karate is chinese. ^^

Did tat make sense?
hmm =) you know your stuff.... i'm truely impressed.. =) well done =)

just one thing.. kung fu is chinese.. that's for sure... it's a developed mix of other martial arts.. developed by shaolin munks to protect their temples..
Old 2004-01-02, 06:27   Link #453
Cora
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
Guiness Book of World records: Some guy can drink liquid metal. The record was: the hottest liquid drank by man. Ppl sit in boiling water for hours, swim in near sub-zero waters, get hit but not hurt, fight with their eyes closed etc etc. These are supposedly the ki-enhancing techniques. However the existence of ki/chi/chakra hasnt been proven and we dont know exactly how ppl do those things above. So far, mental will or ki is the only explanation we've got.

Throwing a pin at 100km/h, and driving ur finger 1 cm deep in glass seems less possible. Ive seen in person and on tv the things mentioned above. These 2 seem a bit far-fetched to me. (well maybe not the glass one)
ok.. all of that true.. those people have mastered their chi to the point where they can resist temp.. the guy with liquid metal.... geez.. that's just scary.. it's hard to believe that he could do that and survive.. liquid metal is over 100 degrees celsius... but maybe it's true i dont know..

as far as the pin throwers.. the shaolin scrolls had (it's in their library, we are allowed to access some scrolls and books, but not all tech scrolls..)
a history about their famous assassins, they were all qi masters and weapon masters, except they're leader.. he was a pin-thrower (not entirely correct translation but its the best i can do.. sry)
he had small "sticks" if you will, sharp as needles and about 5 cm long.. he killed people from 20-30 metres away with those pin..

also if you don't believe me check guiness book of world records, they've got it too.. but that guy is NOT a shaolin munk.. he is a soldier in the chinese army.. a spy..
Old 2004-01-02, 06:46   Link #454
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

liqued metal ay? thats scientifically impossible...if human skin can't even survive(not melt) up to the temperature where liquid metal starts to melt.....then it CANT SURVIVE IT....and chi/ki/chakra whatever has nothing to do with that...sheesh.....

and ki/chi/chakra .....lol.......... no....... Whats chakra used for? To do jutsu's from the ANIME NARUTO...you know the rest

and what chi and whats ki....i want to prove them wrong...that those things are not real.... watching to much anime....
Old 2004-01-02, 06:49   Link #455
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Quote:
liqued metal ay? thats scientifically impossible...if human skin can't even survive(not melt) up to the temperature where liquid metal starts to melt.....then it CANT SURVIVE IT....and chi/ki/chakra whatever has nothing to do with that...sheesh.....

and ki/chi/chakra .....lol.......... no....... Whats chakra used for? To do jutsu's from the ANIME NARUTO...you know the rest

and what chi and whats ki....i want to prove them wrong...that those things are not real.... watching to much anime....

btw...krns are not the one's to use it on the battlefield Zoro I am krn..i know mai history.

EDIT: OMG!!!! SORRY!!!! I MEANT TO DO AN EDIT NOT A REPLY!!!
Old 2004-01-02, 10:45   Link #456
Cora
Inactive Member

Quote:

everybody has the right to an opinion.. but i can tell you that's qi does exist, maybe not in the form you think of it...

you may say that qi unlocks something in ur brain to use more of ur potentiell power.. it's not like the qi u see on naruto... (thats something i can confirm since i've trainged qi-gong)
Old 2004-01-02, 18:19   Link #457
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:

chakra, ki, chi they're all the samething. DUH!?! they all just have different names.....
ppl believe different things, if u have read the other posts on this thread and the other "ki" thread u would see MANY examples of things done by ppl that is unexplainable by science. watching too many anime?? No my friend, you are the one that is watching too many animes. You dont go out and watch other things, such as documentaries..... yea one of these documentaries actually showed someone drinking liquid metal. That person also came out in Guiness Book of World records. RESEARCH things, cuz u seem to have been watching too many anime. u also probably didnt pick up a book or two too much. because wat u said here......

Quote:
btw...krns are not the one's to use it on the battlefield Zoro I am krn..i know mai history.
proves you dont know the history too well. Dont think ur special and know more because ure korean, im korean too. My mom was a history major in korea.

btw: do u think ppl who make anime just sit there and go "Oh tats a good idea, im gonna create something called... Chakra!" They get the idea from beliefs of ppl, and the historical documents. lol, please use ur brain, not ur ego.
Old 2004-01-03, 06:20   Link #458
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

LMFAO....just looking at ur post makes me laugh so hard. Hey...i'm not gonna come back with anything cause i pity you. I really dont want to start a fight and get in trouble but in this case..ur the one starting the fight. I dont think im special cause i'm krn...and i dont waste mai life on reading pointless things lyke that. But i REALLY dont think chi/ki/watever is real. Could you give me something to prove that stuff is real?

btw...i know some things are unexplanable.....but in mai opinion....ki has NOTHING to do with it...could you plez tell me where you get this stuff. rofl
Old 2004-01-03, 07:50   Link #459
Dwaryn

Quote:
taken from tekken plot faq (check it out, it has some quite interesting stuff about martial arts.. it has stuff about Tae Kwon Do, all the different kung fu styles and their origins, sumo, wrestling and even jeet kun do[otherwise known in english as 'the way of the intercepting fist' lol])

Kung Fu
Quote:
The official origin of Shaolin kung fu relates to the coming of Indian holy man
Bodhi Dharma (470-543AD) to China. He established the first school of Zen
Buddhism become the first patriarch of Zen and the patriarch of Shaolin Martial
Arts. He came to the Shaolin Temple in Wu Tai province some time around 500 AD,
(some stories say he was refused at first only to return and demand recognition
several years later) he found the monks there to be weak and sickly due to
their sedentary, meditating lifestyle. What Bodhi Dharma introduced to the
monks there were the concepts of Chi Kung."Chi" means energy, the spark of life. "Kung" means work. Chi come in many
forms, breath chi is the chi trained in Chi Kung. It means that training is
very dependent on breathing and movement together and can be done in many
styles. Soft for healing and toning, hard for strengthening etc. For example,
the Turtle Breathing Chi Kung involves the practitioner attempting to inhale
and exhale for the longest periods of time possible. Iron Shirt Chi Kung
renders the practitioner (supposedly) impervious to blows.

Initially it may not sound like Bodhi Dharma's teachings have much to do with
martial arts, however what Chi Kung is about above all else is the cultivation
of health and power. Chi Kung provides the power behind the techniques. Once
Bodhi Dharma had laid the foundations of Martial Power, then more effective
Martial Techniques could be developed. Over the next century the Shaolin Kung
Fu style was refined and taught at the temple to anyone who wished to take
refuge there. During the Ching Dynasty (1644-1911) the temple opposed the
ruling Manchu family. In 1768 the first Shaolin Temple was burned and the
martial artists their dispersed all over China to teach their arts. Some fled
to Kien province in Southern China, and a second Shaolin temple was built,
which was also burned by the Manchus. Northern style Chinese arts are
considered more dynamic and flashy, longer stances, bigger punches and high,
spectacular kicks. Southern style is more close quarter, focusing on short
punches and low kicks.
Karate
Quote:
The birthplace of modern Karate is Okinawa. Originally it was called "Te" which
means hand, or Bushido-Te which means Warriors Hands. This was practised before
Chinese "Kempo" arrived in the 14th century. A group of Chinese settled in
Okinawa for trade purposes and they taught Kempo, or Kung Fu to the locals. The
ideogram meaning Chinese is "Kara", from this we get Kara-te, or "Chinese
Hands". In 1470, there was a ban on all weapons in Okinawa, so the empty handed
fighting arts flourished. Today Karate is generally taken to mean "Empty
Hands", a more appropriate name for the art as empty refers to "The void" in
Zen philosophy and Zen is a big influence on the Japanese arts.
karate is based on kung fu which is based on the teachings of Indian holy man Bodhi Dharma
Old 2004-01-03, 11:34   Link #460
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
i've read several different books which nearly states the same facts that Dwaryn mentioned