2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 18:55   Link #21
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Mike's demise was already painful on paper. Now, its hard on the stomach to watch it animated.
That scene got me all over again.
Old 2017-04-02, 19:27   Link #22
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta love some Titans' expressions
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 20:31   Link #23
Irenesharda

Pretty good episode, it got me right back into it despite it having been so long. Didn't even really need a recap. I'm going in completely blind, and that beast titan was extremely scary.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 20:58   Link #24
Ultragunner

The opening is nice and all but I still can't get used to how they waste a few seconds on flags and them saluting.

I know I know, it's appropriate for the Survey Corps and all, but I'd just prefer they did something different.

Also, why is the Beast Titan running along a bunch of animals at the end of the OP, with dinasours, whales and all??
Old 2017-04-02, 21:56   Link #25
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
The opening is nice and all but I still can't get used to how they waste a few seconds on flags and them saluting.

I know I know, it's appropriate for the Survey Corps and all, but I'd just prefer they did something different.
IF anything, those few seconds fit that part of the song before the epic chorus.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 22:20   Link #26
Ultragunner

^ I know, my mind tells me it fits, but for some reasons I just cringe every time I rewatch that in the new opening
Old 2017-04-03, 01:34   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well...sucks for that guy. He did pretty darn well. Unfortunately yeah the very idea of a talking Titan utterly shut down his brain for a while there. Not a shocking thing really for him to lose it. He was probably screwed no matter what in that situation. The best decision tactically to send him alone. He was able to buy time and even a whole group would have been decimated with that beast titan there.

No rest for the weary. Just one crazy revelation after another. Titans in the wall (that'll give people nightmares) and a chatty titan that no one will see coming. Though guess for the short term they will be focusing on everyone racing around trying to evacuate villages.
Old 2017-04-03, 08:42   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

and.... they did it again
I still remembered how bloody the season 1 ep 1 is... and they just repeated similar feat in this episode

Poor Mike... he looks badass at the beginning... looks pitiful in front of Beast Titan (holy hell! A Titan that actually spoke and smart... humanity is doomed).. then looks strong when he held his sword back... then died just like that
I'm sure one thing Mike didn't want is that pitiful death when he can't do anything and just got lynched... even Levy won't be able to handle that

this show reminds me again how beautiful Mikasa is... Protect and cherish her, Eren

and yeah... horrible ending song
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 10:32   Link #29
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really dig the new opening... but the ending :/
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 11:58   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When he saw the Titans, Mike asked for a message to be sent that the wall had been breached and that there were no titans among the recruits after. How did he reach the latter conclusion? Just because there are titans attacking them doesn't mean there aren't still some hiding among humans.
Old 2017-04-03, 13:17   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It is a fair assumption because that assault on Wall Rose was performed simultaneously during the operation in Wall Shina while none of the 104th Corps members did anything weird. We can assume that the number of enemy titan shifters aren't that numerous otherwise they would have attacked more often than that in the span of 5 years. So unleashing titans in that area while risking the loss of their potential accomplices doesn't seem clever hence that conclusion.

That said, even Mike said "probably", so he isn't himself sure of this assumption either.
Old 2017-04-04, 07:56   Link #32
catZAripper

The first episode of the firs season had this ending where I could not stop thinking about the brutality displayed and I was in a minor shock for some time, couldn't stop thinking about it. It was an experience. And this one managed to give me that same feeling in the end.

Quote:
Beast Titan's evil calm makes him scarier than Female
Now that you mention it, I feel it too.

So excited for the answers behind the mystery of the titans.
Old 2017-04-06, 15:27   Link #33
Jaden

Mind = blown...plot is deeper than I thought. So let me get this straight...

Harambe just spilled all the beans. "Oh, so you know we are in the nape." "You invented an interesting thing. I'm going to take this back."

So he's not from the walled areas, otherwise he would've know about that stuff. And where's he going back to? Are all titans ex-human?

Oh and there's titans in the walls. I'm guessing they built the walls and sealed themselves in. Why? If they wanted to protect humanity, wouldn't there be more reasonable means of doing that? The walls probably have another purpose, and the church is manipulating the people to some end.

That priest...was he scared to die, or scared that if he was dropped, he might have to turn into a titan and kill everybody in sight to protect the secret?
Old 2017-04-07, 05:12   Link #34
Arya

Well, this episode brought me back to the first season very easily. Yet I dont' remember almost anyone names & faces bar the most obvious ones, nor where the first season ended, but doesn't seem an issue so far.
The episode was very good, the most shocking moment was to hear the titan ape speak fluently and with acumen. Really, I thought, ok they are all fracked. But on a second thought, yeah, no. If it was what they (human titans?) wanted the humans would have already been died out.
The notion of the walls having giants in them seems like to suggest some sort of moment in time when things got wrong but before of that humans were using titans science effectually, or so they thought.

Side note, glad we didnt' saw much of Eren, I read somewhere that the story will focus more on other characters ... is it accurate? Anyhow i can tolerate him if I'll have badass Mikasa (she will never grow away, won't she?) and Levi in the packet.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 09:08   Link #35
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

November 2013 was when I last watched SnK.. abstaining from manga since.
The wait, completely worth it.

Episode picked up from S1 very well. The transition was smooth and minimal frames were wasted.
Anywho, brutal ending.. seeing someone so determined, strong willed, and all-round bad-ass screaming helplessly in intense agony as his flesh was torn and chewed was tough. really hits a nerve. The whole execution of the scene was intense and.. sudden.

On a side-note, there are thousands of kilometers of walling. These things were not built over night. Also, it was stated somewhere (S1) that humanity had been imprisoned for around 107 years. Surely it isn't so long that everyone would have collective amnesia of how/why they got there, what transpired, their circumstances, etc.. I mean, unless there was some systematic mass brainwashing of everyone (itself quite difficult to disguise), there has to be a better explanation to the whole cozy sanctuary situation people woke up to one morning.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 10:17   Link #36
chi4ko
Astronaut

Yuki Kaji's voice sounds deeper now.
Old 2017-10-20, 23:44   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Beast Titan

Everyone due that Halloween approaches, as it's customary, I'll be revisiting those shows fitting for the season. Honestly, however, throughout this year I went almost lazy following with all my favorite series, and I'm making efforts to finish them all episode by episode or marathoning through them.

Back when season two for Attack on Titan came this spring my laziness got the better of me, and I was unable to properly review this show at its time. Nevertheless, since Halloween is coming for the first time I'll make sure to finish from start to the end second season to this survival, dark fantasy story.

Let's us resume once again the feast of carnage, blood, and flesh.....

Simply, it's frustrating, despairing, and exasperating. As a viewer, last time I watched Eren decimating to shreds Annie's Titan form at Stohess, and Erwin managed to convince the top brass to let the Survey Corps off the hook by a small margin given that Annie Leonhart got captured.

Then to our startling surprise a part of the wall crumbles revealing a titan within it.

And, we're back where season one's finale left off...

This season is going to delve now deeper into the mysteries of the Titans, though not necessarily answer our questions but to raise more brand-new ones.

Clearly enough I see and smell a conspiracy carefully concocted, and those wretched wall cultists are just the tip of the iceberg, but whom do they serve? and for what purpose?
Seriously, I have to give credit to that demented pastor, because he's a piece of iron. No matter how much he's threatened or tortured he won't budge to spill the beans about the walls no matter what.

And, the nightmare in this world of Shingeki no Kyojin never subsides. What came and went around Stohess was just a miniscule glimpse of the true terror gripping the Southern regions around Wall Rose.
Introducing the Beast Titan, a.k.a. Monkey Troubles, and unceremoniously scared Miché the hard way that the titan is smart enough to properly talk and hold a diplomatic conversation, although the other party went completely traumatized out of sheer terror by the experience particularly hanging at the verge of death.

Nonetheless, what's more startling about Beastie boy is that revealed more to the audience than what meets the eye in those two or three minutes of conversation:

1. He wonders if Miché and it speak the same language
2. He became intrigued about the functionality of the Vertical Maneuvering Gear, that he took it from Miché.
3. He can more or less order wild titans around to do his bidding when it hasn't to dirty his hands.

I can surmise that Beastie is a Titan Shifter whose presence no doubt is going to turn the current situation within the walls more apocalyptic than already is, and begs another question if Beastie is a titan shifter where it comes from and for what purpose came to the walls?

And, once again never felt hopeless and sour, since Annie's titan form turned Eren's to shreds back in the first season, when the Survey Corps got themselves adding another casualty into their ranks with Miché getting savagely chewed and ripped by the titan's insatiable hunger.

Finally, to make matters worse the ending for season two creeps me out. My two cents is that the ending depicts the fairy tales and myths on the titans' possible origins, as told and passed down by the wall cultists.

Once again, kudos to Hiroyuki Sawano for composing the soundtrack for season two. His compositions and arrangements clearly evoke this dread of nihilistic despair that rattles humanity's very existence in the insane world of the titans.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote