AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-01-12, 12:17   Link #1
videoman190

Nekopara the animation OVA

Preview images
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It is an OVA adaption of the visual novel series featuring catgirls.

Quote:
Kashou Minaduki, the son of a long line of Japanese confection makers moved out to open his own shop "La Soleil" as a patisserie. But upon moving out, hidden amongst his things were two of the catgirls, Chocola and Vanilla, that the family had been raising. When he tried to send them back, they begged and pleaded until he gave in and now they've opened La Soleil together. With two catgirls who really, REALLY love their master trying their very best and occasionally failing -- a heartful comedy opens for business!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 10:10   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 14:09   Link #3
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay ... this is silly and light hearted fanservice and I know it quite well ... but I still like nekomimi (as per this season's Nyanko Days short), so there you have it.
Old 2017-01-21, 04:49   Link #4
Kakurin
大佐

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...para-anime-ova

Wow, they wanted $100,000 and got over $570,000.
Old 2017-01-21, 11:19   Link #5
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

My pal & I ended up with a somewhat jokingly yet semi-serious discussion about a lot of things in Nekopara's setting as he told & showed me the game, like:

------------------
So are catgirls japan exclusive or we just simply don't see any other animal girls?

Does every country have their own respective animal girls then like America having rights/monopoly on Cowgirls?

Seems like there's established rules around owning one, just how deep in the society have this new pet/slave race been?

Having "easy access" to loyal cat/animal girls, have the population taken a further nose dive since "durr, dating girls are hard, I'll just live with my loyal catgirls forever!". Also from what I've heard Humans & catgirls can't procreate?

Where are all the catboys? The other animalboys? Seems like the crazy cat lady isn't so crazy after all with her harem of sexy bishounen catboys! Hahaha~

Was animal girls normal in that world or has "something" happened that led to their existence?

etc.etc~

------------------

Like I said, we were joking around mostly but ended up thinking about somewhat deeper rather interesting possible outlooks & such.

....Oh right, OVA. Eh, I'll check it out. Cute things being cute & all that.
Old 2017-03-10, 07:19   Link #6
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nekopara OVA Crowdfunding Meets Final Goal in Overtime
Old 2017-11-21, 08:02   Link #7
videoman190

Quote:
🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 NEKOPARA OVA FINISHED! Distribution details to be published on official website soon! http://nekoparaova.com/ 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 #NEKOPARA
https://twitter.com/nekopara_pr/stat...31034544676865
Old 2017-12-19, 03:38   Link #8
videoman190

Official Site open!
http://nekoparaova.com/
Old 2017-12-20, 01:08   Link #9
n0m@n
C-Z

Wow, so fans who donated made this become an anime possible? Amazing.

I've seen these character's come up in several Japanese websites including getchu for the past year but I never knew this was a doujin(?) game. Though I think the character designer is the same person is the one who did character design for the eroge called Ponkotsu Akuma series.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 04:30   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Backers just received the OVA tonight and I watched it. It was cute! (Subtitle timing on the Steam video player seems to be messed up which is annoying, though, but the subtitles themselves were fine.)

The OVA is basically the outline of the first game (all-ages version, of course) and it hits almost all the same story beats. There's just over 50 minutes of animation, plus OP and ED credits (so around 58 minutes in all). It's not the most-detailed animation by any means, but it's pretty serviceable given the length and the fact it was largely crowd-funded. They really focused on the looks and mannerisms of the characters, which makes a lot of sense for this franchise.

If this had been a TV anime, it feels like they might have stretched the contents over 3 episodes, but it didn't feel too rushed as-is. They also preserved a lot of the gags and in-jokes from the game (including some of the "ecchi" jokes), and the cuts to SD also were similar to the game. It was also to neat to see the brief cameos of the original characters funded by the top backers; even though it was clearly a marketing ploy for the campaign, it also gave a bit of a sense that the world was more "inhabited" with other catgirls/owners (beyond the story-essential cast).

All in all, if you like the game series, it's fun to see it animated. I'm happy I helped crowd-fund it. But it's not going to give you something wholly different than the game (though that was never the point). I'm curious if it's going to be released on other avenues than Steam at some point. (Ironically, the price of the OVA is higher than the price of the game its based on right now -- which is probably mostly as a early-reward to backers.)

Anyway, above all, it was cute, so mission accomplished.
Old 2018-07-28, 13:56   Link #11
videoman190

Nekopara OVA extra is now up. Which is a prequel to the original.

Last edited by videoman190; 2018-07-28 at 16:10.

Tags
cat girls, harem, slice of life