AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-28, 18:20   Link #1
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Accel World - Dural Magisa Garden (Manga)

This thread is for all things DMG, to use the abbreviation: speculation, discussion, and stuff. As per AS rules, no posting of links to manga scanlation sites whenever new chapters are released...if you know the translator, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I've posted twice recently about DMG in the Spoilers&Speculation thread, and I've since shifted them here. I won't put them in a quote tag because the original posts will be deleted by the time the DMG thread is created.

Known characters and their Duel Avatars: (to be updated)

-Chiaki Chigira (千明千秋 Chigira Chiaki) - Aluminium Valkyrie

And so:

Post 1:
Previously there was the episode of an attempted BB install on Chiaki, and whether it would properly count as the one chance Orange Raptor had to make a Child.

After reading DMG Chapter 5 (BitterBlossom) in Chinese, because it hasn't been typeset yet, I have the answer.
Spoiler for BB Installation rules note:
More spoilers from DMG BitterBlossom.
Spoiler for Regarding local nets:

Post 2:
I'm dumping some translated bits here.

DMG up to Chapter 11, Spirit Link, began to introduce Burst Linkers with 3-4 lines of details at the start of the issue. The first is Ash Roller, followed by Vanilla Slicer, Iris Alice, and Orange Raptor.

As of this post, Tap has only translated until chapter 5 (Bitterblossom), and even then only up to Chapter 4 is available to read because Bitterblossom hasn't been typeset yet. I read the rest of the manga thanks to HimekoTachibana, who provided me with Chinese fan scanlations up to Chapter 11.

Without further ado. Not much of a spoiler for Ash Roller, but the next three characters so far have only been seen in DMG. Iris Alice and Orange Raptor will be updated in the future when I'm not so tired, or we get a DMG thread.
Spoiler for DMG: Ash Roller:

Spoiler for DMG: Vanilla Slicer:

More to be added in due time while I translate the rest of V11.4.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-07-29 at 09:43. Reason: Fixed Chiaki's name, adding char section.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 06:27   Link #2
Mentar
Banned

I've got to admit that I'm surprised how little-known this cute spinoff seems to be.

Chiaki is incredible endearing. A bundle of enthusiasm and optimism that I find impossible to resist.

Looking forward to all upcoming chapters, and a big recommendation for anyone who is remotely interested in the Accel World universe.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 12:43   Link #3
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Nice to see a thread for this spinoff.

Any news regarding Aluminum Valkyrie's special ability?
Old 2013-07-31, 17:30   Link #4
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

None so far, even until Spirit Link. (DMG11). And yet...
Spoiler for Chiaki's Level as of DMG11:
Old 2013-08-01, 02:50   Link #5
Mentar
Banned

Well, the fact that she is a Mary Sue combatwise is part of her appeal ... since it skews her perspective so much that it's hilarious. It is an integral part of what I love about her, because at the very same time, she lacks any awareness of its significance. She doesn't bully or look down on people and is completely unaware how nuts her capabilities are.

So, this is a Mary Sue I can absolutely forgive.
Old 2013-08-01, 12:00   Link #6
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
None so far, even until Spirit Link. (DMG11). And yet...
Spoiler for Chiaki's Level as of DMG11:
Spoiler for Response:
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 12:34   Link #7
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

True. The growth of Silver Crow both anime and LN-wise wasn't very much constant either, although I do have to note in a debatual context:
Spoiler for Abilities a duel avatar can learn:
Old 2013-08-10, 13:17   Link #8
Sunder the Gold

Too many pages are wasted on Chiaki's potato/catgirl school-network avatar.

I'm more tolerant of the manga taking time for Chiaki and the other girl to bicker about the "cuteness" of the bear and Orange Raptor avatars, since those avatars remain consistent and the interaction establishes personalities and relationships between the two characters.

(keeps reading) Oh, so bear-girl keeps changing Chiaki's avatar? Well, I guess that's a worthwhile running gag, but without continuous direct connections, it shouldn't be possible to change Chiaki's settings.

The idea of a non-BB program that can alter your behavior beyond your control is a HUGE can of worms. That's the sort of thing that would be illegal to create and felonious to upload into someone's Nuero-Linker without consent. It's being used for a GAG.

Yes, it's also used to reveal that there's someone else capable of Chiaki's acrobatics, at least in a virtual world, but there are other ways to do that.

I wonder how Rabbit Girl was able to jump like that in the school network, which shouldn't include parameters for avatars to jump that high. Is it a matter of athletic skill that surpasses Chiaki's frankly astounding le parkour?

I wonder how Chiaki will react when someone finally tells her about the Level 9 rule, and how achieving level 9 would be taken as an act of aggression?

I'm certain that Chiaki wants to fight with Black Lotus as well as fight beside her, but I doubt that Chiaki wants to RETIRE Black Lotus. And even Chiaki might not accept the possibility of losing Brain Burst to a single loss, as that would retire her from Black Lotus' company and world.

The Accelerated World holds all sorts of hardcore competitors, and yet to our knowledge no one else has risked Level 9 since the Kings found themselves trapped in the Sudden Death Rule. We haven't even heard rumors of Level 8 players mysteriously vanishing.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:17   Link #9
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
The idea of a non-BB program that can alter your behavior beyond your control is a HUGE can of worms. That's the sort of thing that would be illegal to create and felonious to upload into someone's Nuero-Linker without consent. It's being used for a GAG.
Yeah, I am sure it will be harsher in hindsight considering the actions of ARG and the Chrome Disaster.
Old 2013-08-10, 19:32   Link #10
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Yeah, I am sure it will be harsher in hindsight considering the actions of ARG and the Chrome Disaster.
I fully expect it to be a throw-away gag without ever seeing anything like it used again.

Did I mention that I find the He-Man Woman's Haters club and their Peter Pan's "Lost Boys" style to be cute?

Their antagonistic relationship with the all-female heroine's club is also adorable. And somewhat alarming, since the girls apparently know EXACTLY who the boy's leader is in real life.

But that's softened by the fact that neither side seems to consider the other a real threat. No "physical knockers" here. Which is something of a relief. We get enough of that shit with the Acceleration Research Society, and before them, the Yellow Legion.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:14   Link #11
Optimura
Teal Vanguard

Oh hey, new chap is out. Time to read.

oh god too much yuri

Also Zircon Paladin has a really nice design, too bad it seems like he's about to get his ass handed to him in a silver plate
Optimura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 11:48   Link #12
c933103
FTNR

Is it just me or do anyone else also think that Chigira Chiaki made people think of Shana....
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 09:59   Link #13
c933103
FTNR

this manga
serialization magazine: dengeki daioh
latest: chapter 22
volume: 3rd will be published by the end of this month

Last edited by c933103; 2014-01-12 at 12:48.
Old 2014-03-16, 03:31   Link #14
c933103
FTNR

Official, free translation of some SAO/AW comic will available since March22
but this side story manga is not included as of current stage
Old 2014-06-02, 22:47   Link #15
gensouR-1

Necroing the thread and some info:
Spoiler for info:

Waiting for Sita pickup

No matter what choice they make,humans will find a reason to regret,so in other words,there is no choice without regret,what's important is your heart's true feelings

Last edited by gensouR-1; 2014-06-03 at 05:05. Reason: insert and edit
gensouR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 07:25   Link #16
Parousia

How many Chapters of DMG have been released and translated to english?

Last edited by Parousia; 2014-08-22 at 06:43.
Parousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 07:27   Link #17
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySin View Post
How many Chapters of DMG have been released and tranalated to english?
To my knowledge, 7
Old 2014-08-31, 18:45   Link #18
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Chapter 8 is up in one of those manga sites.
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 05:01   Link #19
tuckersister

I still trying to find the raw chapters which way ahead of the translated ones. Can anyone help me find it?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 09:04   Link #20
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I still trying to find the raw chapters which way ahead of the translated ones. Can anyone help me find it?
1. bookwalker have some volume available for purchase. some might also packed them online?
2. comic walker have released chapters
3. tools exist to read comic walker chapter in past from.their site