Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 12:45   Link #61
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The gears aren't upgraded and each high tier gear are hard to come by specially the artifact and phantasmal gears. Phantasmal gears can only be get in raids.
it can be forge as well but only with Phantasmal material/ingredient.
Old 2014-01-23, 12:47   Link #62
tsunade666

But the phantasmal ingredients are probably can only be looted on raid boss.

Shiroe's phantasmal robe is crafted item with phantasmal ingredients.
Old 2014-01-24, 13:46   Link #63
Naole

Is high level production gear locked? or can it be stolen?
Naole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 14:38   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naole View Post
i don't believe the production gear are account lock but the some High/Phantasmal gear form raids are account lock.
Old 2014-01-24, 16:07   Link #65
DQueenie13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i don't believe the production gear are account lock but the some High/Phantasmal gear form raids are account lock.
I thought most high level production gear automatically get locked after being equipped once, just like Phantasmal gear.
Old 2014-01-24, 16:07   Link #66
Naole

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

What about production gear made from Phantasmal ingredients like Shiroe's Celestial Spirit Cloak?

Another thing; what do the Japanese mean when they say 'no need to hold back'? I get the feeling that I'm missing some sort of cultural subtext.

like with Cute; what does the word Cute mean to the Japanese?
Old 2014-01-24, 16:45   Link #67
DQueenie13

Quote:
What about production gear made from Phantasmal ingredients like Shiroe's Celestial Spirit Cloak?
I think most of those are a by-item basis. Some of them are locked, some aren't.

Quote:
Another thing; what do the Japanese mean when they say 'no need to hold back'? I get the feeling that I'm missing some sort of cultural subtext.
It depends on the context ... it's a bit hard to tell what the meaning is when you take it out of context. I think what you're talking about is the Japanese (and Chinese) tendency to be more reserved. They aren't usually as open as Western cultures in talking about how they feel, using other people's stuff, asking favors of others, etc.

Quote:
like with Cute; what does the word Cute mean to the Japanese?
Cute means cute. It depends on the person. It's not like the country has the entire same definition of "cute".
Old 2014-01-25, 10:23   Link #68
Naole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
I think most of those are a by-item basis. Some of them are locked, some aren't.

Cute means cute. It depends on the person. It's not like the country has the entire same definition of "cute".
I may be completely of the mark here, but I think what puzzles me is that Japanese Guys use the word cute; not just the girls. I'm a citizen of two contrasting Countries and I've had to travel quite a bit but I'm yet to come across a straight Guy who uses the word cute. And even when girls use it it's in reference to a small child or animal but most often in reference to items of clothing & accessories; Never in reference to to a person that's a teen or older.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:07   Link #69
DQueenie13

Quote:
I may be completely of the mark here, but I think what puzzles me is that Japanese Guys use the word cute; not just the girls. I'm a citizen of two contrasting Countries and I've had to travel quite a bit but I'm yet to come across a straight Guy who uses the word cute. And even when girls use it it's in reference to a small child or animal but most often in reference to items of clothing & accessories; Never in reference to to a person that's a teen or older.
Cultural differences, probably. I've met men who call things cute, and I know tons of girls who call just about anything cute.

(Also, I have no idea what part in LH you're speaking about. I don't remember any guy calling anyone cute, except maybe Shiroe and Henrietta about Akatsuki.)
Old 2014-01-26, 03:51   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
All I can say is broaden your horizon- further.

At the same time, what sort of conversion you have with straight guys to try to see if they use the word 'cute' ?

I hope this isn't a stealth-bashing post of how only non-straight guys like cute things.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-01-26 at 04:25.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 05:24   Link #71
Naole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
All I can say is broaden your horizon- further.

At the same time, what sort of conversion you have with straight guys to try to see if they use the word 'cute' ?

I hope this isn't a stealth-bashing post of how only non-straight guys like cute things.
First of all I'm a man of Science; so I completely accept the scientific medical rationalisation for sexuality.

Second; as for my horizons I'm sure that I come into contact with more people than the average person given the nature of my work

Third; I've done some reasearch on this since I asked the question and it looks like using cute is a no go area for guys in the west (my mother is British Born & Farther is South African I'm both)

Last edited by Naole; 2014-01-26 at 06:23.
Old 2014-01-26, 06:37   Link #72
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I see, my apologies then.

But at the same time I don't know what to tell you, just like DQueenie "cute" has never been remotely near a taboo-ish word where I'm from, unless used excessively but that could be said for any word.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2014-01-26 at 06:55.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 07:34   Link #73
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*shrug* From Malaysia. No taboos or anything for a guy to refer to something as cute.

...then again most of the time I've heard my dad (who's pushing 70) refer to anything as cute, it's been babies and puppies and dogs, so...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 19:50   Link #74
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

A question: Didn't someone mention that the expansion of Elder Tales raised the level cap? Wasn't this also the whole reason, why those "beginner bottles" were so popular? To reach higher levels than 90? But it was never mentioned until now (Episode 21) that anyone reached lvl 91 or higher. So... did it happen off-screen or something? Or are the requirements that high, that no one reached a higher level yet?

If the anime has the answer to this, which I merely overlooked, then it would be nice. If not I hope a novel reader can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2014-02-24, 20:00   Link #75
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
A question: Didn't someone mention that the expansion of Elder Tales raised the level cap? Wasn't this also the whole reason, why those "beginner bottles" were so popular? To reach higher levels than 90? But it was never mentioned until now (Episode 21) that anyone reached lvl 91 or higher. So... did it happen off-screen or something? Or are the requirements that high, that no one reached a higher level yet?
In the novels at least -- it was part of what Naotsugu and Shiroe were talking when they first meet up. However it only gained prominence when Maryelle talked about it after Shiroe returns from Suzukino.

And yeah, by book 6 (after the Libra Festival), there are already players who broke the level 90 cap -- Tetra, who shows up in book 7, is level 93 for example.
Old 2014-02-24, 20:10   Link #76
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
In the novels at least -- it was part of what Naotsugu and Shiroe were talking when they first meet up. However it only gained prominence when Maryelle talked about it after Shiroe returns from Suzukino.

And yeah, by book 6 (after the Libra Festival), there are already players who broke the level 90 cap -- Tetra, who shows up in book 7, is level 93 for example.
Ok, thanks. I just checked Episode 20 when Shiroe was sharing his MP with the others, and he was still lvl 90 at that point of time, I guess he didn't do any lvl 90+ quests lately

But that in the second season (which I hope will happen) there will be someone who breached the old level cap, is reassuring... though now I wonder if the level cap can be even more extended using World-Class magic...
Old 2014-02-24, 20:29   Link #77
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Ok, thanks. I just checked Episode 20 when Shiroe was sharing his MP with the others, and he was still lvl 90 at that point of time, I guess he didn't do any lvl 90+ quests lately
his stuck doing paperwork because of the creation of the council.

for level 90 or any level, to receive experience. The gap of level must be only 5. Meaning a level 90 adventurer must farm on at least level 85 to even get a SMALL amount of experience.

Grinding in ET isn't funny >_> with the rate of experience gain as one level ups become smaller and harder to get.
Old 2014-02-24, 21:58   Link #78
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Actually, according to the side story, it's not really that hard:

Quote:
In Elder Tales, leveling up was not hard work. At each level range, there were as many good quests to pursue as dishes in an Manchu Han Imperial Feast, so levels would naturally increase. With the pride of Elder Tales’ long history at stake, the disparity between a veteran and a new player was a serious issue. Level differences were an obvious case that prevented players from playing together. With features like the ‘Mentoring System’, level gaps were quickly closed.

The Elder Tales administration established a policy of “aiding new players in leveling”. In other words, bringing a new player up to the maximum - level 90 - was not a difficult task. The average player used to be able to reach level 90 in less than 100 hours of play time. Now, it was said that reaching level 90 would take less than 80 hours.
I imagine that for hardcore gamers, this process would be a lot faster =3. What's hard would be as shown below:

Quote:
On the other hand, it was very difficult to acquire appropriate level 90 equipment. Maxing class skills and acquiring high-grade materials took a tremendous amount of time. Though Kanami’s equipment was suitable for a level 90 player, to the point where Leonardo wouldn’t call it a disgrace, it bothered him that he couldn’t judge her experience from it.
Quoted from: Dragon Howl Mountains EX 01

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 22:16   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Only a hundred hours to reach level 90? Wouldn't that mean that a substantial number of the adventurers must have achieved that rank? Watching the anime I thought perhaps ten percent at most might be at level 90 with a large number of players in the middle levels. Now I wonder if it isn't more like 40% at level 90 or more. Surely most people who play these sorts of games log at least a hundred hours, don't they?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 22:21   Link #80
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
This is true, and the first book DOES mention this -- barely 20% of the total adventurers in Yamato at the time Elder Tales changed was in the 90 range. The rest are mid (50+) range, while a small number were new players.

Tags
q&a