AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-17, 18:33   Link #301
The Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
This is another manga I like to follow ... although I am still waiting for some kind of "supernatural weirdness" to happen
You mean after things like the psychic drool, the scissors-wielding with extreme prejudice, the failure to license this for US release... you still haven't noticed any supernatural weirdness?

Brother, I've got news for you...
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:28   Link #302
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Lol this manga is so interesting and I'm only on chapter 3.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:33   Link #303
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
You mean after things like the psychic drool, the scissors-wielding with extreme prejudice, the failure to license this for US release... you still haven't noticed any supernatural weirdness?

You have a point! (Especially in regards to licensing for US release....)

In any event I meant things on a slightly "larger scale", I guess.
Old 2011-02-18, 14:40   Link #304
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post

hmm.. I think its not so super, but just Natural
may be Americanos didn't want to inspire their youngster another way to create a "bond" Gyahahahaha

oh! look like no one updating the wiki page for this manga, can any one went there and do it?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 20:51   Link #305
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Read up to the current chapter,very good Will be looking followed to the future chapters.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 06:39   Link #306
ellifeedn
Thinker

Well... that's a fetish I pray doesn't become too popular.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 09:56   Link #307
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, that's a weird one. It was a cute chapter though. Someone still has a lot to learn about girls too.

And I'll never understand those masks. If you have a fever, you stay home. You don't put on a mask and go to school.
Old 2011-03-09, 20:52   Link #308
solomon

Yea especially when it's been proven that they don't do jack.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 04:23   Link #309
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, that's a weird one. It was a cute chapter though. Someone still has a lot to learn about girls too.

And I'll never understand those masks. If you have a fever, you stay home. You don't put on a mask and go to school.
It's because their culture....to study till die (they even have a manga titled Read or Die)

Around 4 years ago, Japanese Education Board announce new "5 school days" rules. However Japanese student was not happy. After the survey, it's only 0.5 % among the 2000 participant student agree with that rules.

One of them even said now they can't compete with private school students anymore since their school not affected by that rules. At first I find it's strange, since as a child they supposed to be happy to not study more often.
Then one of my fellow hitman friend mentioned that in their culture, education for them is like honor for a samurai.

So it understandable if some light cold wont stop them from going to school, except if the school it self or the doctor said to rest. A story about a student collapse in school yard is not so uncommon in there. If the fever not so severe, they still come to school even if they ended in the nurse office bed for the whole day

The mask is some un-written ethic code to :
say: "beware! don't too close to me, I'm sick and I don't want to spread it to you"
say: "I am a determined student"
say: "make way, sick student pass by"
say: "Spare me teacher, I can't run in PE class for today"
say: "sorry, I'll just watch for this swimming class"
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 19:26   Link #310
ellifeedn
Thinker

Best chapter we've had in a while.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:34   Link #311
Ashaman

I'm actually surprised she got mad at him. Wasn't there a chapter that dealt with her being okay with him touching her if it was an accident?

Also, did anyone else notice she said "without asking"
Old 2011-03-28, 11:23   Link #312
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I'm actually surprised she got mad at him. Wasn't there a chapter that dealt with her being okay with him touching her if it was an accident?

Well, falling on top of her and groping her suddenly still probably had her on the defensive. It probably didn't help that, in her mind, she was 100% safe so he didn't need to do that.

and I did indeed notice she said "without asking," Tsubaki should pick up on those little details quicker.

Also:
Spoiler for ch 54:
Old 2011-03-28, 17:40   Link #313
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great chapter. It feels like we returned to what this series is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Best chapter we've had in a while.
Yes, it was very good. Tsubaki has an excellent imagination.

Quote:
I think that was before she was concious of him and her feelings. For example, someone might be more shy towards their new lover than an opposite-sex doctor.

Quote:
Yes, that was excellent. It's little things like that that make the chapter.
Old 2011-03-28, 22:38   Link #314
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Chapter 53 was ANOTHER one of those "oh right, Ueno mentioned it, so let me find it attractive too" chapters. Once it kicks off like that, there is no hope for me to enjoy the rest of the chapter .

Spoiler for chap 54:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Also:
Spoiler for ch 54:
Touche .

Quote:
Geh, I totally missed that . It sort of misses the mark for me if I don't see it myself. It's kinda like having someone explain a joke; it's just not funny if it has to be explained to you . Nevertheless, glad you pointed that out .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 08:18   Link #315
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 55 was fuuuuunny. I knew she wasn't going to give him that petal. What a tease.
Old 2011-05-10, 17:24   Link #316
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Ok now it's gotten to me too - I'm getting more and more impatient with how slow these two progress. Don't get me wrong, some recent chapters were really good, like the apron one, but then there are chapters like #55 that stagnate their relationship or even take a step backwards.

The daily routine constant was interesting for a while but now it's becoming just that: routine , and for me it's starting to reek of repressed sexuality (not that I propose those young characters to instantly go all out)
Considering what those two have been through you'd think they'd left their very own strange base x and move on to the next level.

It's almost like the author can't come up with a new fresh plot device that breaks the routine part while at the same time holding the series' trademark awkwardness.
That's why I fear the moment the couple advances to the next base, the series is about to end.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 17:42   Link #317
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Chapter 55 was fuuuuunny. I knew she wasn't going to give him that petal. What a tease.
What petal...?

Well the preview title did say things have been going well for Tsubaki and next chapter that's going to change. Of course that could mean many things...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:01   Link #318
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I actually don't like it when she teases like in chapter 55....

But I am looking forward to the story moving along.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 18:46   Link #319
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Ok now it's gotten to me too - I'm getting more and more impatient with how slow these two progress. Don't get me wrong, some recent chapters were really good, like the apron one, but then there are chapters like #55 that stagnate their relationship or even take a step backwards.

The daily routine constant was interesting for a while but now it's becoming just that: routine , and for me it's starting to reek of repressed sexuality (not that I propose those young characters to instantly go all out)
Considering what those two have been through you'd think they'd left their very own strange base x and move on to the next level.

It's almost like the author can't come up with a new fresh plot device that breaks the routine part while at the same time holding the series' trademark awkwardness.
That's why I fear the moment the couple advances to the next base, the series is about to end.
I hear ya. Things have been stagnant in too many series, such as Pastel. I do hope we get something going soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
What petal...?

Well the preview title did say things have been going well for Tsubaki and next chapter that's going to change. Of course that could mean many things...
Yes, but that's just an editor's comment. Can't always go by those.
Old 2011-05-11, 04:50   Link #320
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I was annoyed with Urabe in the latest chapter. I feel sorry for Tsubaki. Anything he wants to do anything couple-like with her, she turns him down.

"Can I take a photo of you?"--- "No, it's too ordinary."

"Can I put my arms around you?"-- "No, I'll get mad."

If it were me, my next question would be...

"Can I break up with you and find a girl who will actually let me show affection and make me feel like I'm her boyfriend and not her slave?"

Their relationship is completely one-sided. He can only do things if it's on HER terms and if he tries anything on his own, he gets attacked (even if it's accidental or out of concern for her). And any time he asks her, like she told him to, she says no. Occasionally, she "makes" him do something he wanted to do using the drool, but never allows him to do it on his own.

Right now, they're going nowhere and will stay like that as long as Urabe is the way she is.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-05-11 at 20:12.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen