AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 16:03   Link #41
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Then it wouldn't be a fight at all, would it?
Quote:
Samui says: "four of the five ultimate ninja treasures gathered by the hidden cloud". This leaves the possibility that there were more than 5 weapons. If the above theory were true then it would be probably that there are 9 ultimate weapons, for the 9 demon hosts. And also that these twins cannot properly use these weapons at their full potential because they are not demon hosts, they just have a small amount of the 9 tails' chakra in them which is not enough to power the weapons. Also seeing how strong and legendary (both Zetsu and Orochimaru were aware of their existence) Itachi's two weapons were it could mean that those two weapons were part of the 9 weapons. Also Itachi was not able to use them, they could be used only by the susano monster.
Well noted! Also, Itachi died after using them via Susano'o...an extra reason for his death, if you might.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 16:23   Link #42
SeanQ

So...how is it the two were able to survive being devoured with no food for 2 weeks? And also not be burned by the 9-tails chakra?
Old 2011-02-10, 16:29   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I'm bored to this battle between fodder and nobodys.. I want Naruto action!
We must take seat and wait...

Oh, about legendary weapons, what about the weapon that Madara is carrying?.

Old 2011-02-10, 16:44   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
So...how is it the two were able to survive being devoured with no food for 2 weeks? And also not be burned by the 9-tails chakra?
Obviously they ate whatever food the Kyuubi was digesting in its stomach...

Or maybe they were able to survive on their own sense of self-satisfication...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
We must take seat and wait...

Oh, about legendary weapons, what about the weapon that Madara is carrying?.

While possible, a giant fan just doesn't seem very "Legendary" worthy...then again, we had a Legendary Rope in this chapter, so anything is possible .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 17:06   Link #45
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I told you not to take them lightly, but that doesn't matter.
They killed my favorite girl and I'm afraid we've seen Naruto's new weapons. He's the only one able to wield them after all.

What a stupid story... being swallowed and leaving the stomach with just the same amount of chakra the whole fox has? This effect remains after their death? Geez, this is even worse than that stupid guy from the filler episodes... Sora.

I am ready to face those two devils. They can't get the soul of my beloved one. >)

The chapter was overall pretty decent. I liked all the action and the introduction of some more legendary weapons in the sense of relics from the past. Yet I am a little disappointed because it was so obvious that this sibling of Samui would die. He looked ridiculous the moment he appeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

While possible, a giant fan just doesn't seem very "Legendary" worthy...then again, we had a Legendary Rope in this chapter, so anything is possible .
It's the legendary switch! Madara spanks people with that. It's even more nasty than the Thousand Years of Pain.

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2011-02-10 at 17:20.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 17:13   Link #46
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Samui says: "four of the five ultimate ninja treasures gathered by the hidden cloud". This leaves the possibility that there were more than 5 weapons. If the above theory were true then it would be probably that there are 9 ultimate weapons, for the 9 demon hosts. And also that these twins cannot properly use these weapons at their full potential because they are not demon hosts, they just have a small amount of the 9 tails' chakra in them which is not enough to power the weapons. Also seeing how strong and legendary (both Zetsu and Orochimaru were aware of their existence) Itachi's two weapons were it could mean that those two weapons were part of the 9 weapons. Also Itachi was not able to use them, they could be used only by the susano monster.
Actually i kind of doubt it... afterall, 3 of those weapons are only useful when used together, and one gets to be useful all on its own. If these were meant ot be 9 weapons to be used by the nine hosts, i would imagine that the sage would have made sure each one was useful separately, or continue the theme of each weapon needing to rely on another,
Old 2011-02-10, 17:24   Link #47
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The ability of this enemy in the current chapter is surprisingly...creative ? I thought it was going to be another explosion-thingy ability or something more dreadful....

But of course, getting your life sucked because you accidentally say your catchphrase is also dreadful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i'm sorry but that was one of the stupidest naruto chapters i've ever read! to be beaten by your own catchphrase? what was that all about? the brothers tinged with kyuubi chakra because they were eaten and remained inside the kyuubi's stomach for 2 weeks? are you kidding me?! just when i thought kishi was getting back on track with the war, he does this. talk about "creativity". *sighs*
nobody reads the classics anymore? We already discuss this at the top of the first page. The brothers and their weapon were copy directly form the Journey to the West, the gourd, the rope everything.

Kishi might not be very original but at least he is well read and knows where go borrow good stuff for his story.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:26   Link #48
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Explanation about the kyuubi's chakra is ok if you think in the greek, norse, whatever mithology, being eated is not that weird.
-Except in those cases, the people being put into stomach and surviving for a prolonged period of time (as an example of Zeus' siblings swallowed by his father) are themselves actual gods. Kinkaku and Ginkaku are not gods nor have they been established as having any sort of special regenerative powers that would allow them to survive these harsh conditions for 2 weeks.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:47   Link #49
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Actually i kind of doubt it... afterall, 3 of those weapons are only useful when used together, and one gets to be useful all on its own. If these were meant ot be 9 weapons to be used by the nine hosts, i would imagine that the sage would have made sure each one was useful separately, or continue the theme of each weapon needing to rely on another,
Indeed. Those weapons all belonged to that one person, the Sage of the Six Paths. He used them.

I kind of don't see the difference between Tetsuga... was it that name? I don't see a difference between Itachi's sword and all those weapons... well, in fact, wasn't Itachi's sword superior?
Old 2011-02-10, 18:03   Link #50
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Indeed. Those weapons all belonged to that one person, the Sage of the Six Paths. He used them.

I kind of don't see the difference between Tetsuga... was it that name? I don't see a difference between Itachi's sword and all those weapons... well, in fact, wasn't Itachi's sword superior?
Considering that Samui was sucked into the gourd without actually fulfilling the condition we were told of, there is no way to say which Legendary items are better (though, what The Sake Sword accomplished with one tool requires 3 tools from the Kin/Gin brothers).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:26   Link #51
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Well, i was talking about that because we know that Kishi is a DBtard:

Quote:
The Bansho fan (Bashō-sen; ; ; ) is a mystical fan designed to stoke and control the flames of the magical furnace. It is thought to have been created from the feathers of the Hikui Bird, although this may be untrue as Master Roshi admits it to be a guess. The fan once belonged to Master Roshi (until he threw it away). The Bansho fan has the power to control weather, and is described by Roshi as having the capability to "raise a typhoon with a single wave, a thunderstorm with two, and a monsoon with three."[1] The fan was last seen in the possession of Goku in the last few episodes of Dragon Ball when he once again needed to extinguish the flames of Fire Mountain.
The Fan used in the fight between cloud ninjas it can be inspired on this, but... it looks more like the one Madara is carrying.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:32   Link #52
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Considering that Samui was sucked into the gourd without actually fulfilling the condition we were told of, there is no way to say which Legendary items are better (though, what The Sake Sword accomplished with one tool requires 3 tools from the Kin/Gin brothers).
Indeed and that is what I was talking about. I like to keep it handy. It's not so cool to carry so many weapons around.

Did they take those weapons from the Kyuubi's belly?
Old 2011-02-10, 18:38   Link #53
Kallen4life

well, Itachi's sword requires MS and it's mastery .. possibly requires being Itachi, seeing as how Sasuke's Susanoo has so far not shown that shield-mirror and gourd-soul-sealing-sword

the weapons apparently require a lot of chakra or bijuu chakra .. so a jinchuriki or maybe someone like Kisame could use em
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:45   Link #54
kirisute_gomen
Senior Swordsman

Wow, for now they really sacrificed rather important characters. That's quite better than using characters we've never seen before, even if it's... just a little.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:48   Link #55
KaiokenAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisute_gomen View Post
Wow, for now they really sacrificed rather important characters. That's quite better than using characters we've never seen before, even if it's... just a little.
Important? Up to now, none of them has died and it's unclear where those people are sealed into. They didn't even die, they just disappeared.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:50   Link #56
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Madara should be pissed off right now. He wants to be next sage, but Kabuto has all "his" weapons.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:51   Link #57
Kallen4life

btw speaking the word 'only' sucked em inside .. but their souls were already removed .. so you can live and fight fine without a soul in naruto world ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:57   Link #58
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
btw speaking the word 'only' sucked em inside .. but their souls were already removed .. so you can live and fight fine without a soul in naruto world ?
What they're pulling out is too small to be their whole soul. It probably only removes and curses the word/catchphrase part of the soul. Saying it then completes it and sucks everything else.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 18:58   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Well, i was talking about that because we know that Kishi is a DBtard:

The Fan used in the fight between cloud ninjas it can be inspired on this, but... it looks more like the one Madara is carrying.
you have heard of Journey to the West?
Old 2011-02-10, 19:03   Link #60
Cael
Lurker Mode

So Samui's word is 'Cool', it didn't show her saying her word so what happened? Did she say it under her breath or is there another secret to be revealed? Maybe you get sucked in if you see/read your word on the sword. Still, I expected more from her. She didn't put up much of a fight or show any skill. If that is the last we see of her, it's kind of disappointing, even if she is a tertiary character.

As for the fifth weapon, my guess is it's the Rikudo's stick/staff. But I don't see the need for any of these weapons to have been the Rikudos. If they were 4 of the 5 legendary 'soul sealing' weapons then fine, that's ok. In that case the fifth weapon could be the Sword of Totsuka.

But as it has been said before, the Sage could already rip souls out with his hand. So having weapons that makes it more complicated doesn't make any sense. Unless Pains abilities were completely separate from the original sage, and had more to do with the power of the Gedo Mazo. But that still begs the question why would the sage have 3 weapons for sealing a soul?

Another chapter with new stuff introduced, and more new questions than answers. I'm kinda bummed we didn't get any update on any other division, or the other things going on in this war. We didn't even get to see the fights taking place right behind Darui. Although it did show a lot of Zetsu's lying face down in the water. So it looks like they can be beat. If these brothers take out Darui too then I would expect to see an Ino-Shika-Cho appearance and defeat the brothers at the cost of their own lives. Maybe Tenten could then get a weapons upgrade...
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion