AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-23, 22:49   Link #3901
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
isn't restoration one of his two birth magics plus gram dispersion is something he seems to be able to do thanks to ES and decomposition.
I mentioned both magics. Restoration == Self-Restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
BS Magic is BS magic. Tatsuya is the type of BS magician who can only use BS magics normally. Without the mental operation from Miya, Tatsuya would not be able to use any magic other than the Decomposition Systematic Magics, the Gram magics (Gram Dispersion, Gram Demolition), and his restoration magics (Self-Restoration, Regrowth).
Old 2013-03-23, 23:16   Link #3902
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
I mentioned both magics. Restoration == Self-Restoration.
your right sorry because of the order i thought you where saying decomposition was his only BS magic.
Old 2013-03-24, 01:41   Link #3903
noobarta

Question-Anyone know what's happening in this scene? Really curious

Spoiler for picture:

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-03-24 at 02:07.
Old 2013-03-24, 02:18   Link #3904
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post

Spoiler for picture:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rava; 2013-03-24 at 02:18. Reason: Spoiler tags
Old 2013-03-24, 02:36   Link #3905
zp92
へへへ

Hi people!
I wanna ask you if you know if mahouka and nagi no asakura have some relation because I was reading in my anime list and I found the name of some characters are the same that in mahouka
Here the link

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/N...ara/characters
Old 2013-03-24, 02:51   Link #3906
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpobre113 View Post
Hi people!
I wanna ask you if you know if mahouka and nagi no asakura have some relation because I was reading in my anime list and I found the name of some characters are the same that in mahouka
Here the link

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/N...ara/characters
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ra#post4560037

That's all we know.
Old 2013-03-24, 03:06   Link #3907
willx
Nyaaan~~

I'm wondering whether the cast listing was done incorrectly .. or I'm going to be quite afraid. It's listed as an original work, there is no magic or CADs being shown in the promotional PV and Satou Tsutomu isn't listed anywhere I can find as being involved in any way.
Old 2013-03-24, 03:27   Link #3908
Chimurry

Quote:
your right sorry because of the order i thought you where saying decomposition was his only BS magic.
^Please: I will appreciate if you appoint the statements you consider wrong, adding quotes in controversial ones will be helpfull too, I feel boring reading pages of posts in threads which seems no one read the base discuss texts and become a bother trying to clear the point, cuz there's a lot more people which only read and don't made posts, here's comes time to time some users and just do as please and leave the mess, so if no one answer, others users (including Myself) could get wrong the LN.

So about Tats Birth Magic (btw: Yeah, as BS, He holds 2 types of Outer Systematic Magic):
Spoiler for Tats magic:
Old 2013-03-24, 03:44   Link #3909
Meltyred

Just read Chapter 14 of Vol 8:
So is Miya indifferent to Tatsuya because she thinks it is pointless to do so? Or is it cause of the experiment?
Old 2013-03-24, 03:46   Link #3910
Seitsuki
Onee!

I think the story is trying to hint that it was due to the experiment (maybe to make her seem a bit more sympathetic?) but to be honest, for her to go through with the experiment in the first place doesn't exactly sing her praises in regards to her initial love for him..
Old 2013-03-24, 04:01   Link #3911
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Just read Chapter 14 of Vol 8:
So is Miya indifferent to Tatsuya because she thinks it is pointless to do so? Or is it cause of the experiment?
From my understand, due the surgery failure, Miya and Tats suffered damages, Tats took the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I think the story is trying to hint that it was due to the experiment (maybe to make her seem a bit more sympathetic?) but to be honest, for her to go through with the experiment in the first place doesn't exactly sing her praises in regards to her initial love for him..
Well, She afterall is mother, its kind of complicated, from start, She lived when they where treated as pure bloods animals, crossing like that (I mean She just gave birth and have to start get pregnant), get using her magic to menace her life point (self destructive attitude), She marry a guy could probably never have minimum affection, and seems She have her issues with her aunt and Maya, is very usual Woman under this conditions take mental refuge with their child's, from start I though She did all that to trying revindicate Tatsuya and very probably her pride, but so far we don't known how was her lasts months, cuz after Vol 8 Miyuki seems to understand many things and expressing more accurate and fluent to Her mother.
I think in Yuutosei, Maya implies She promise look after the siblings when Miya past away.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:53   Link #3912
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
From my understand, due the surgery failure, Miya and Tats suffered damages, Tats took the worst.
From the sound of it there was always going to be a price but it also sounded as if Miya and Tatsuya both agreed the one price he would not pay is his feelings for his sister. I do wonder how willing he was to give up his feelings for his mother as the only thing he has ever stated disliking about all of this is that he has no memories of living as a family ( I don't think he really has any memory loss he just never had the memories to Begin with, that is why in Vol 4 it claimed "No memories, only affection. Occasionally, Tatsuya would ruminate that memory loss probably felt akin to this. Of course, he was also aware that he didn't qualify for that condition.")

Quote:
Well, She after all is mother, its kind of complicated, from start, She lived when they where treated as pure bloods animals, crossing like that (I mean She just gave birth and have to start get pregnant), get using her magic to menace her life point (self destructive attitude), She marry a guy could probably never have minimum affection, and seems She have her issues with her aunt and Maya, is very usual Woman under this conditions take mental refuge with their child's, from start I though She did all that to trying revindicate Tatsuya and very probably her pride, but so far we don't known how was her lasts months, cuz after Vol 8 Miyuki seems to understand many things and expressing more accurate and fluent to Her mother.
I think in Yuutosei, Maya implies She promise look after the siblings when Miya past away.
Add to this that Tatsuya may have been a completely willing participant. Keep in mind Miya believes the operation failed and he still could not be recognized as a Yotsuba and therefore not live as part of the family. Miyuki might not have been far off when she thought him being made her guardian as "for the sake of giving my magically-lacking brother a place in the Yotsuba." Even more so if the training level Tatsuya went through was not the level he was expected to go though, It is not out of character for him to go overboard when it comes to being able to protect Miyuki and Miyu's comment about him “Doing things his own way as usual……that child truly is defective.” does raise questions

Yuutosei shows some intresting dynamics in Maya's house. The first butler of the Yotsuba Family , and from what I have heard is implied to be Maya's Guardian, always adresses or referes to Tatsuya as dono ,even when speaking with Maya, the same level of respect he uses for one of the heads of the 10 master clans, a far cry from the the fourth butler of the Yotsuba Family seen in volume 3 who refused to even recognize him. Maya herself is hard to read (note I am only going by what has been translated and not summires) never looking down on Tatsuya beyond being too flashy at times.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-03-24, 10:57   Link #3913
babbo3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
From the sound of it there was always going to be a price but it also sounded as if Miya and Tatsuya both agreed the one price he would not pay is his feelings for his sister. I do wonder how willing he was to give up his feelings for his mother as the only thing he has ever stated disliking about all of this is that he has no memories of living as a family ( I don't think he really has any memory loss he just never had the memories to Begin with, that is why in Vol 4 it claimed "No memories, only affection. Occasionally, Tatsuya would ruminate that memory loss probably felt akin to this. Of course, he was also aware that he didn't qualify for that condition.")

Add to this that Tatsuya may have been a completely willing participant. Keep in mind Miya believes the operation failed and he still could not be recognized as a Yotsuba and therefore not live as part of the family. Miyuki might not have been far off when she thought him being made her guardian as "for the sake of giving my magically-lacking brother a place in the Yotsuba." Even more so if the training level Tatsuya went through was not the level he was expected to go though, It is not out of character for him to go overboard when it comes to being able to protect Miyuki and Miyu's comment about him “Doing things his own way as usual……that child truly is defective.” does raise questions

Yuutosei shows some intresting dynamics in Maya's house. The first butler of the Yotsuba Family , and from what I have heard is implied to be Maya's Guardian, always adresses or referes to Tatsuya as dono ,even when speaking with Maya, the same level of respect he uses for one of the heads of the 10 master clans, a far cry from the the fourth butler of the Yotsuba Family seen in volume 3 who refused to even recognize him. Maya herself is hard to read (note I am only going by what has been translated and not summires) never looking down on Tatsuya beyond being too flashy at times.
Was he willing nothing i read indicated this in the least.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:54   Link #3914
kagato3

Quote:
Was he willing nothing i read indicated this in the least.
And yet nothing is shown that he was force into it either. All that was stated is that he was 6. Last I checked being 6 is not the same as haveing no free will.

Volume 4 shows one of his main desires was to be part of the family. Had the operation worked he would have been.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:00   Link #3915
SeaDam

Quote:
Last I checked being 6 is not the same as having no free will.
It is in most countries.
Old 2013-03-24, 12:34   Link #3916
babbo3d

Quote:
And yet nothing is shown that he was force into it either. All that was stated is that he was 6. Last I checked being 6 is not the same as haveing no free will.

Volume 4 shows one of his main desires was to be part of the family. Had the operation worked he would have been.
true a person has will no matter what age, whether it is respected is a different subject, in many occasion he has express or been implied displeasure at what has being done to him so i cannot think he willingly did it. In vol.4 they speak of the rift between him and the family he never expressed or implied the desire to be one of them. He was angry at how he was treated but who wouldn't, this those not equate to wanting to join the family but maybe i missed a part if it can be pointed out to me i would be grateful.

Last edited by babbo3d; 2013-03-24 at 13:06.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:10   Link #3917
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
It is in most countries.
No, That only limits how much you can express it. Just because someone could easily be force into something doesn't mean they were.

Quote:
true a person has will no matter what age, whether it is respected is a different subject, in many occasion he has express or been implied displeasure at what has being done to him so i cannot think he willingly did it. In vol.4 they speak of the rift between him and the family he never expressed or implied the desire to be one of them. He was angry at how he was treated but who wouldn't, this those not equate to wanting to join the family but maybe i missed a part if it can be pointed out to me i would be grateful.
Spoiler for volume 4:

I believe the bolded part is a flat out statement that he wanted to be part of the family seeing as volume 8 states he couldn't be treated as a family member with out being a mage. Again I believe that he didn't lose any memories, he lost the chance to make them because the operation was not as successful as hoped. that is why it is stated Tatsuya would ruminate that memory loss probably felt akin to this. Of course, he was also aware that he didn't qualify for that condition.

And the only thing we have ever heard mention of that displeases him that is not caused by hurting or using Miyuki in some way is the bolded statement.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:20   Link #3918
babbo3d

Quote:
No, That only limits how much you can express it. Just because someone could easily be force into something doesn't mean they were.

Spoiler for volume 4:

I believe the bolded part is a flat out statement that he wanted to be part of the family seeing as volume 8 states he couldn't be treated as a family member with out being a mage. Again I believe that he didn't lose any memories, he lost the chance to make them because the operation was not as successful as hoped. that is why it is stated Tatsuya would ruminate that memory loss probably felt akin to this. Of course, he was also aware that he didn't qualify for that condition.

And the only thing we have ever heard mention of that displeases him that is not caused by hurting or using Miyuki in some way is the bolded statement.
If your family did that to you no matter how much you hated them wouldn't part of you think "how could they do that to their son/nephew" it does not mean you want to be part of them but it's not uncommon to think of such action as Galling, horrifying, or simply traumatic.
Old 2013-03-24, 16:18   Link #3919
Chimurry

Quote:

There's something to be remind and be clear: Aiko (I think is His name), refer to Tatsuya as mere tool and "Fake or Artificial Magician", in other words: He try to despise and late insult in the worst way He can imagine, somehow I believe this guy work close with Shiba father and His attitude are as low as servant by will, trying to get points to his "master" with over reacting compliments or insults to people he think his master have the same, his accounts is to do the same with Miyuki, but She hate the most this kind of people, no mention the situation goes worse if the object of insults and mocks are her beloved Oni Sama.
Speaking of the family interactions, I was surprise the way Kurobane twins deal with Tats in the past, so far I think they don't have any recent encounter, except Tats see them exiting from their grandma house, but from the short dialogue between Tats and Miyuki I don't feel hate, even by Tats words, there's some nice affection, Miyuki memories come from see them was with affection too and remember how jealous She was, cuz the twins looks more close to Tats than Her (during the party).
Old 2013-03-24, 16:36   Link #3920
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post

Spoiler for picture:
Believe he threw a fragmentation grenade point blank in front of him to destroy her magic.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings