AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 38 55.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-06, 16:48   Link #21
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I literally said "WHAT" out loud twice during this episode: first when I saw Ragyou's formal attire, and second time at the ending twist.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:49   Link #22
Death Usagi
Banned

Ragyo's clown outfit was too... um.... yeah... I was like WTF...

Looking by the preview, why does it look like the people who got consumed by Life Fibers have turned into zombie-like things that are going to attack the Rebels in whole? (Like World War Z)
Old 2014-02-06, 16:50   Link #23
Gravitas Free Zone

Junketsu possibilities: Satsuki tries to power through on sheer willpower alone, most likely, but she has been smart enough so far that she should have a contingency plan for the Eaten By Own Clothes outcome.

It would be very unlikely for that plan to be "Become a Naked Nudist," but that has some possibilities.
Old 2014-02-06, 16:52   Link #24
Death Usagi
Banned

I feel like Satsuki may be consumed by Junketsu in the future for sure.
Old 2014-02-06, 17:02   Link #25
Entravity

It's not like this episode is a complete surprise because everyone knew this was going to happen, but it's still well executed. Looking forward to how the rest plays out. Here's where everything really begins...
Old 2014-02-06, 17:10   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I saw the ending coming from miles away but that didn't make it any less satisfying. I had the biggest grin on my face when Satsuki stabbed Ragyo. I have to say I didn't expect it to happen so soon, so in a way, I am surprised. The plot progresses at a breakneck speed once again, and I love it.

As for the rest of the episode... I liked how Mako defused the situation at the beginning of the episode. She's so awesome. I'm glad she came along, and I hope we'll get to see her fight again (maybe Satsuki could give her a uniform). The interaction of Mako's family with their future son-in-law ( ) was really fun. Gamagoori seems to be really bad at handling the Mankoshoukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Now I'm even more convinced that Tsumugu's sister was Ryuuko's mother
I totally expected Aikuro to reveal it during his discussion with Ryuko, but nope. I guess they're keeping that for later. I don't really see the point in delaying this reveal, but perhaps they have something planned. If it turns out Ryuko's mother is somebody completely different, I'll be shocked.
Old 2014-02-06, 17:14   Link #27
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Ragyo's clown outfit was too... um.... yeah... I was like WTF...
It reminded me of this:

Spoiler for Image:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-06, 17:37   Link #28
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Junketsu possibilities: Satsuki tries to power through on sheer willpower alone, most likely, but she has been smart enough so far that she should have a contingency plan for the Eaten By Own Clothes outcome.

It would be very unlikely for that plan to be "Become a Naked Nudist," but that has some possibilities.
My guess is that her contingency plan is called Matoi Ryuko.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:08   Link #29
Eudaimonia

▶ In retrospect I should have seen Satsuki's act of matricide coming. Her and Ragyo's ideologies are way too different for her to remain the docile and obedient girl she has been depicted as whenever she was shown in the presence of her mother. Satsuki has always valued virtes such as self-empowerment and self-realization, there is no way she would stand by watching how humanity loses its independence to extraterrestrial beings.

Of course there's also the fact that unlike the bullies at Gamagoori's old high-school she's not content with leeching off the influence of her parents (where's her father btw, he's been suspiciously absent the whole time without any explanation) but rather usurp her mother's power completely even if she has to pry it out of her cold, dead hands. Though there's little doubt that the back-stabbing Ragyo received won't be enough to take her down with her scars on her back branding her as well-versed in combat.

▶ If it hasn't been clear before now it's pretty blatant just how self-centred Ragyo is, stating to be omniscient in addition to being the sole person to determine what can be defined as beautiful following up on her monopolization on the admittedly loose concept of sin. All her inter-actions with other people are coated with condescendence, her banter with the four generals nothing but superficial fluff, her spiel centering on abstract subjects such as primal sin basically being as shallow as the layers of clothing are that she covers her body with.

Though, perhaps that's just what it sounds like to her daughter who must have entered the stage of puberty by now and being in her rebellious phase acting like the know-it-all teenager calling bullshit on what the adults say and sprouting larger-than-life phrases herself with her own version on how the world works, most preferably revolving around herself, (I certainly wouldn't trust a person of her age to know humanity's true essence like she has been announcing from the rooftops since the start of the show) and putting up a strong facade to hide her weaknesses.

In contrast Ryuuko has found her onw way to defy adults' expectations by living as a delinquent, there's really no need to murder your mother to prove your self-worth In a way both Satsuki and Ryuuko are chasing after slightly juvenile goals, the former with world domination in mind and the latter by getting revenge on her deceased father, a common trope in action-flicks, the whole elaborate setting could be interpreted as an externalization of their pubertal struggles, it is by the creators of FLCL after all and the Utena-esque elements (watch that show if you haven't already) alone should warrant digging up some subtle (or not so subtle) symbolism.

▶ Ragyo's harlequinesque appearance during the festival was a neat throwback to one of her more prominent catch-phrases "La vie est drôle", though I'm sure only the likes of Harime with her twisted sense of humour would deem the bloodshed taking place in the end amusing. The comparison of human pigs getting lead to the shambles by choice to get slaughered was a brilliantly morbid way to pick up Satsuki's figure of speech and hearing it out of the her mother's mouth who would be the first to be visibly slaughtered no less.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:24   Link #30
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
It reminded me of this:

Spoiler for Image:
This. Thank you. Someone needs to dub "Dancing Mad" over the Raygo battle next week. Either that or make a FFVI-style fight with 8-bit sprites of Satsuki, Ryuko, Tsumugu, and Aikuro vs. a humongous clown!Ragyo sprite.

Boy, when this show goes over the top, they really do go over the top. The whole thing with Ragyo, from gutting her from behind, to picking her up with the sword, to tossing her onto the Honnouji Gakuen seal (...pause...MASSIVE BLOOD SPRAY...), to Ragyo talking to her with blood foaming out of her mouth. Holy crap that was brutal... But of course, she's fine next episode...LOL...

Anyone else start getting the betrayal vibes when Ragyo started talking with Nonon and Inumuta? Not the "Satsuki is betraying Ragyo" vibes, of course. Those were fairly obvious from the sake ceremony the night before. No, I mean the "someone betrays Satsuki" vibes...
Old 2014-02-06, 18:39   Link #31
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Boy, when this show goes over the top, they really do go over the top. The whole thing with Ragyo, from gutting her from behind, to picking her up with the sword, to tossing her onto the Honnouji Gakuen seal (...pause...MASSIVE BLOOD SPRAY...), to Ragyo talking to her with blood foaming out of her mouth. Holy crap that was brutal... But of course, she's fine next episode...LOL...
They deserve bonus points for making that resemble a crucifixion.
Old 2014-02-06, 18:56   Link #32
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
(...pause...MASSIVE BLOOD SPRAY...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
They deserve bonus points for making that resemble a crucifixion.
The fountain of blood visual itself looked like the damage from Shinji's first go-round in EVA-01. Hell, the whole episode is like that.
Old 2014-02-06, 19:07   Link #33
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

You know, in retrospect, we should have seen something coming when Satsuki didn't summon the Giant Red Kanji™ when announcing her mother to the crowd. Such a show of disrespect...
Old 2014-02-06, 19:09   Link #34
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
It reminded me of this:

Spoiler for Image:
Yeah it was that LOL
Old 2014-02-06, 19:14   Link #35
CamDaDarkWizard

I knew it was coming but I expected it to be the next episode.. This literally had my jaw dropped for awhile..

And another thing I liked is how Trigger didn't just jump into the good stuff right off the bat.. They provided us with character interactions that either helped see more of their character(Ryuko x Senketsu Soroi x Satsuki Ryuko x Aikuro) or more about their history(Kinue and Tsumugu) I too think that Kinue is actually Ryuko's mother

It was like I and others have said.. Ragyo's and Satsuki's ideals/views are different they are actually the complete opposite. But something tells me that's not the only reason she brutally injured(lol lets be real Ragyo ain't dead) Maybe her father was a sacrifice to the life fibers?

Some people see Satsuki as a tyrant some think she's a fascist.. She stated she believes in people finding and working to their on resolve.. Self betterment practically.
She stated numerous times that she wouldn't be ruled by clothing and that she would overcome

"Humans are nothing but food for life fibers" That's Ragyo's ideal

" Senketsu(life fiber) and I are one" That's Ryuko's take in this.. She is different. She never sided nor went against life fibers.

Oh and Nui is going to stomp the Elite Four until Satsuki or Ryuko jumps in then Ragyo might hop in

5/5 for the episode
Old 2014-02-06, 19:20   Link #36
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
(lol lets be real Ragyo ain't dead)
Of course not. Ever if it weren't an obvious development, we see her (apparently) uninjured in the next ep preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDaDarkWizard View Post
Oh and Nui is going to stomp the Elite Four until Satsuki or Ryuko jumps in then Ragyo might hop in
Nui will sit back and enjoy the carnage until an appropriately dramatic moment to interfere (probably just as Satsuki or Ryuko is about to strike a decisive blow). Should be near the end of the episode.
Old 2014-02-06, 19:29   Link #37
SinsI

Strange that Ragyo was able to speak, and so clearly, after such extensive chest damage... One would expect both lungs to be damaged enough to prevent it.
Old 2014-02-06, 19:52   Link #38
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Strange that Ragyo was able to speak, and so clearly, after such extensive chest damage... One would expect both lungs to be damaged enough to prevent it.
Lungs, nothing. She should be quite dead after all that. Since she's apparently untouched in the next episode preview, we're likely to see to just what extent she's surrendered herself to the life-fibers next episode.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:03   Link #39
Candyshark

Do we really need to make KLK into some Bollywood story with all that I'm your father-sis-in-law-grandma? Isshin identity isn't plot driving so I highly doubt Satsuki father any different.

I still not sure if Satsuki father words should be taken stricly figuratively but you can argue that father did share Ragyou vision concerning Satsuki. Even though she has noble goals and can see her only as lesser evil. Last episode made me to rethink wether Satsuki is far more delusional than I initially presumed.
Old 2014-02-06, 20:03   Link #40
SinsI

The Ragyo we see damaged can be Nue's doll, with real one laughing behind the scenes.
Closed Thread