AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-28, 19:37   Link #3481
MarthX

The third line is basically saying that everyone else is dead. It's just missing the word "Only." I wonder how gg will treat that line.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:41   Link #3482
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The third line is basically saying that everyone else is dead. It's just missing the word "Only." I wonder how gg will treat that line.
They can't use the word 'only'. That would make Battler's solution in EP4 not work. There's nothing tricky about this line unless you really aren't paying attention.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-28, 19:42   Link #3483
MarthX

Wasn't Battler's solution they were alive before it was stated in red that they were dead.

X was alive. Killed Nanjo then later died before Evatrice said in red that X was dead.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:45   Link #3484
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Wasn't Battler's solution they were alive before it was stated in red that they were dead.

X was alive. Killed Nanjo then later died before Evatrice said in red that X was dead.
Yeah, but the line in the anime specifies that this applies to the time of Nanjo's murder. If you say "only they were alive at the time of Nanjo's murder", it's game over.
Plus that would imply that no one else was alive at that time, including Ange and a few billion other people

Old 2009-10-28, 19:48   Link #3485
Marion
The Great Dine

At the time of the crime, only Nanjo and Jessica were in the servant room

This line (I'm sure it's from the game) always puzzled me. I suppose to loophole is 'what crime' and how Nanjo was killed in the hallway
Old 2009-10-28, 20:47   Link #3486
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wow yet again the anime completely fails as a "game".

You can't seriously speculate with the stuff it gives you, you can just "enjoy" the show, but that's like half of the fun.

Well, that's okay I guess, we just need to accept this. It's Umineko no Naku Koro ni... devoid of "love".

Old 2009-10-28, 20:51   Link #3487
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wow yet again the anime completely fails as a "game".

You can't seriously speculate with the stuff it gives you, you can just "enjoy" the show, but that's like half of the fun.

Well, that's okay I guess, we just need to accept this. It's Umineko no Naku Koro ni... devoid of "love".
Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2009-10-28, 21:07   Link #3488
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for EP 5:
Psshh...
Spoiler for EP5:

Old 2009-10-28, 21:19   Link #3489
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Hey guys, do remember that Episode 5 spoilers aren't allowed in this thread.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-28, 21:21   Link #3490
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Hey guys, do remember that Episode 5 spoilers aren't allowed in this thread.
...Though it doesn't actually say that in the thread starter and there's no better place to discuss such things...Events in this season affect EP5, after all, and the game speculation thread is moving so fast that any anime discussion would get buried...

If people use spoiler tags, I don't see the harm, though it isn't my opinion that counts of course.

Old 2009-10-28, 21:23   Link #3491
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I guess that spoiler of ep5 under spoiler tag can be accepted, just do not exagerrate with those since right now the thread should focus on the anime adaption which only comprises the first 4 arcs for now.

Old 2009-10-28, 21:23   Link #3492
MarthX

I'd prefer if there's none. There's 2 other threads where you can discuss EP5.

This season isn't going to cover EP5.
Old 2009-10-28, 21:26   Link #3493
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Calm down... I didn't even post a spoiler, I just spoilified it because the comment I was replying to was spoilified. Sheesh... >_>

Old 2009-10-28, 21:32   Link #3494
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Thread Title "Spoilers & Expectations" Uhhhhhhhh....
Old 2009-10-28, 21:36   Link #3495
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Thread Title "Spoilers & Expectations" Uhhhhhhhh....
"[Anime] Umineko"
Old 2009-10-28, 21:44   Link #3496
Marion
The Great Dine

I was only replying to a comment and I knew my comment might have been spoilerish, so that's why I tagged it. Nothing too revealing is in it tbh.

It's not like we're discussing what will happen with the Chiru arc, just referring to some things that looked interesting.

Which reminds me:

Spoiler for EP 5 spoiler:
Old 2009-10-28, 22:57   Link #3497
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
It says Spoilers & Expectations along with "for experienced VN readers only" I find it confusing that someone wouild complain about a spoiler being posted. If that's the case, this thread is pretty much useless, we might as well have the anime watcher stick to the anime threads, and the VN readers stick to their threads.

The fact that is says "[Anime] Umineko" and then "(for experienced VN readers only)" already contradicts itself. But moreover, the people who want to complain about spoilers, maybe you should stay out of a thread that has the word "Spoilers" in it.
Old 2009-10-28, 22:58   Link #3498
MarthX

You aren't allowed to post future spoilers in the anime threads.

This thread is for discussing future events that will happen in the anime.

EP5 won't be in this season so it shouldn't be discussed here. It's as simple as that.
Old 2009-10-28, 23:03   Link #3499
Marion
The Great Dine

tbh I think it's nitpicking too much. It's not like spoilers are being posted out in the open, they're in clear tags. Not like we're talking about who will voice who, just pointing out a couple things that we found interesting, which relates to EP 5. We're still talking about the anime.
Old 2009-10-28, 23:07   Link #3500
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
It says Spoilers & Expectations along with "for experienced VN readers only" I find it confusing that someone wouild complain about a spoiler being posted. If that's the case, this thread is pretty much useless, we might as well have the anime watcher stick to the anime threads, and the VN readers stick to their threads.

The fact that is says "[Anime] Umineko" and then "(for experienced VN readers only)" already contradicts itself. But moreover, the people who want to complain about spoilers, maybe you should stay out of a thread that has the word "Spoilers" in it.
You're misinterpreting the purpose of this thread. The thread is for VN players that know the events of the first season of the Umineko anime which encompasses Episode 1 to Episode 4. Spoilers in this context refers to the scenes in the VN that anime viewers haven't seen yet.

Episode 5 onwards is not going to be covered by the first season of the anime as MarthX said.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Closed Thread