AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2021-03-09, 08:06   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1007 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

New week, new chapter! AP seems to be having issues again (sigh ), but spoiler credits still go to Redon:

-Chapter title is "Tanuki-san". Splash features Caesar.

-Hyougoro has taken out most of the enemy samurai and ninja. Both Apoo and X Drake are shocked that the old man not only lasted as long as he did under the virus' influence, but make such effective use of its power. Drake says he now understands why Wano's samurai have such a fierce reputation. As Hyou and Oomasa (one of the yakuza bosses) get further infected, the Pleasures beg Queen for help. The all-star calls them useless, as well as the Waiters since there's no more SMILEs to give them. He explains that he created the virus as an alternative method to strengthen their forces and make them temporarily useful, as they're ultimately expendable soldiers who can be easily replaced. He also mocks the samurai for protecting Chopper, since pirates usually aren't trustworthy. However, before Hyougoro receives a mercy killing from his subordinate, Chopper blocks the strike, as he finally completed his cure for the virus! He releases it in the form of a gas that he spreads around the room by shooting it out of a cannon!

-Of course, Queen doesn't take kindly to the "tanuki" (Chopper) ruining his schemes, so he targets the Straw-Hat! However, the Pleasures take it upon themselves to shield the reindeer, while renouncing their allegiance to Kaidou! Chopper then takes a Rumble Ball and transforms to Monster Point.... and, with Marco's help (who holds down Queen), smacks the living crap out of the all-star! As he hits him, Chopper shouts out that he's NOT a tanuki!!!

-Meanwhile, we get another scene with Yamato and Momo. The latter is still wallowing in self-pity, calling himself useless. Yamato and Shinobu try to cheer him up, but the boy gets so upset that he suddenly turns into dragon form! It's at this point that we cut to CP0, whose leader reveals an interesting bit of information: When Kaidou was captured by the marines in the past, Vegapunk extracted samples of his Lineage Factor, which he used to create an artificial Devil Fruit! When the World Government asked him to hand over that fruit, the scientist refused, insisting that it was a failure! Thus, it was sealed away at Punk Hazard. When one of the agents asks their boss why this subject was brought up, he says he received a report that one of PH's facilities was still operational after the island was destroyed..... meaning the fruit could have survived. But if that's the case, he's thankful the fruit is a failed experiment......

-Finally, we cut to the Red Scabbards, who are all awake. Kawamatsu recalls seeing a familiar face, but chalks it up as a dream. As Kinemon rallies his comrades to rejoin the battle, they're suddenly greeted by a most surprising figure: KOUZUKI ODEN.....!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2021-03-11 at 03:48.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 17:47   Link #2
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Thankfully, before the aged yakuza leader kicks the bucket, Chopper completes his cure for the virus!

Quote:
At the end of the chapter, the Red Scabbards finally meet with their mysterious benefactor, who's indeed revealed to us readers... but the original spoiler leaker won't reveal that character's identity just yet, noting that it's a "big surprise" for us readers (geez, such a tease! ).
Big surprise would be Lady Toki. Best surprise would be Enel.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 18:01   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If it's Toki, it's not really a surprise. The most speculated characters were her and Hiyori.

Chopper taking on Queen, now that's a surprise! Of course, I don't except him to defeat him.
Old 2021-03-09, 18:04   Link #4
Galaxian

A Toki/Hiyori painting created by a still alive Kanjuro who wants to join up with the Scabbards to avenge Orochi.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 20:31   Link #5
marvelB

Personally, I gotta say that the highlight for me is CP0's chat about the Lineage Factor. In case anyone forgot, the Lineage Factor was actually brought up a couple times before: Law first mentioned it at the end of Punk Hazard.... he said Caesar used it to create the SAD/SMILEs. We later learned that Judge utilized it in Germa's gene manipulation experiments. From this, I gather that the Lineage Factor is an important component in figuring out the mysteries behind the Devil Fruits....
Old 2021-03-10, 04:39   Link #6
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The surprise character was... DRUM ROLL... ... ...

Spoilers
Spoiler for surprise

WHAT. THE. F*CK !?
Old 2021-03-10, 05:21   Link #7
mickbis

WTF ?wqq?q? ?qt?q?tq
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
ODA PLEASE, YOU AND THIS KIND OF CLIFFHANGER

No break next week is hurt as f
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 05:21   Link #8
Itsmepatrick

In my opinion It's either Kanjuro drawing Oden or it's the real Oden (which was the hidden legend Oda was talking about) or it could also be someone else mimicking Odens appearance. But I'f it's the real Oden well he will be a great help in this war. Should be easy for him to defeat an all-star like Jack. And also if it's the real Oden the chance of Sanji going to Momo increases (but I'm still hoping he'd go directly to Marco's location to help him against King, Queen and possibly Perospero).
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 05:48   Link #9
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I know Tanuki in the chapter title refers to Chopper but I have a feeling it also refers to whoever disguised as that person.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 07:07   Link #10
grecefar

Yeah the first name that came to mind when I read surprise was him.

We will need to wait for the next chapter anyway to be sure.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 07:09   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

What... Is it him? Does it really him?!
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 07:58   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The surprise character was... DRUM ROLL... ... ...

Spoilers
Spoiler for surprise

WHAT. THE. F*CK !?
Yeah... I'm going to need pics.
Old 2021-03-10, 08:27   Link #13
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Now that I've managed to collect my thoughts on this cliffhanger:

Spoilers
Spoiler for 1007 cliffhanger
I'm going with the third option else I lose my sanity for the next two weeks.

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-03-10 at 08:44. Reason: formatting
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 09:38   Link #14
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:

Spoilers
Spoiler for secret reveal:
Old 2021-03-10, 09:48   Link #15
cyberdemon

Quote:

Spoilers
Spoiler for Option 4:
Old 2021-03-10, 13:25   Link #16
The Small One

Could still be another option: We basically know, that Souls and Ghosts exist in OP world. (Brooke told how his Soul was searching for his body after his death)
Maybe it's some sort of Ghost, who manifested itself by the strong Haki of his retainers or something like this.
Though it's a bit late in the story to introduce such a complete new concept, so it's likely the doing of some sort of DF user.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-10, 15:42   Link #17
Hoodspirit

For now I'm going with: Hiyori was the silhouette and Onimaru is this Oden.

Chapter title would hint at a new figure though... a real tanuki instead of a kitsune.
In that case I'd say Toko is a tanuki in reality. She is the only character in Wano that feels so out of place.
Maybe a pet figure for the regional daimyo of Hakumai (Yasui), as Onimaru was for Ushimaru in Ringo. Hence her calling him father and no mention of a mother at any point.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 04:02   Link #18
marvelB

Summary updated! And yes, the identity of the mystery ally has indeed been verified! I'm sure there's a gazillion theories that can be made as to how this guy suddenly reappeared, but I'm putting that aside for now. For me, the Lineage Factor info is still what intrigues me most at the moment. I think Oda just dropped a pretty big hint as to how SMILEs are made: It looks like Caesar used the Lineage Factor of preexisting Zoans to create the artificial ones. I'm also guessing Judge used the LF of prior DF users in Germa's research. And if that's really the case, then it's no wonder why Big Mom wanted to steal their tech. It could be a real game-changer for the pirate world.....
Old 2021-03-11, 09:19   Link #19
mickbis

the reaction to Chopper "I'm NOT TANUKI" is golden lmao
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 19:17   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Betting the silouhette really was Toki and both she and Oden traveled to the future using her powers. But for one reason or another, it's only temporary and they'll get pulled back to the past after Oden gives his retainers a pep talk. The weird thing is that Oden doesn't have his famed swords.