AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 22:57   Link #1401
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I wouldn't want any of the other girls to have any major relevance or appearances in the following chapters. All of them have got some spotlight and development in the past chapters already, and I'd really like these ones to be focused solely on Athena, because she seriously needs development.

In fact, if I could, I'd make this part of the arc 10 chapters long and only give the other girls one or two random panels. In addition, I'd have Machina get his ass kicked in 4 or 5 chapters, and the remaining ones would be devoted to Hayate, Athena, the pending issue from 10 years ago, and the current issue. Once those 10 chapters are done, I'd reinsert all the characters and have some light-hearted development.

I guess you could say that's the scenario I want to see the most.
I've no problems with that and I agree for most parts, but considering the people around Hayate is with right now.. it's pretty hard to imagine that they'd leave him alone. Nagi wouldn't let Hayate leave her side unless irritated or something. The trio is there to disturb whatever possible serious scene by bringing up something irrelevant or light-hearted. And don't forget Isumi which tends to pop up like a mushroom from nowhere following a stray butterfly.

Most possibly the way for Hayate would be alone with her is to be kidnapped, by Machina. Let's just say that he wants to solve this problem by himself and decided to purposely be taken away.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 00:18   Link #1402
Used Can

Not necessarily, if you haven't noticed, most of the scenes of Hayate with any of the girls in this arc hasn't been interrupted by the other girls.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the other girls are indeed involved in this part. What I posted before was just what I would like to see.
Old 2009-07-05, 01:27   Link #1403
primuler
Love For 3D

I'm seriously confused. Did Mikado take Royal Garden from Athena? I think I'm missing something really big... From my memory... Athena said she needs to go back to the Royal Garden once again... but I can't remember anything related to Mikado.

And Hata said there were three of Nagi's childhood friend. Isumi, Sakuya and the third one remains unknown. He said that Wataru is not included since he is a boy. Could Athena be the third? Sister spoke to Nagi as if Nagi knew who Athena is. And Nagi did not ask who this 'golden-haired girl' was, which proves that Nagi has idea of who that person is. I dunno. Maybe just like somebody mentioned in this thread, Athena might be related to Sanzenins in some way just like Sakuya. And as for Hina... it seemed as if she knew Athena pretty well. At least she knew her for a while. I guess we'll just have to wait for next week's issue to find out Hina's relationship with Athena.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 02:07   Link #1404
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Did Mikado take Royal Garden from Athena? I think I'm missing something really big... From my memory... Athena said she needs to go back to the Royal Garden once again... but I can't remember anything related to Mikado.
At the end of chapter 187, she was wondering whether someone had taken what was in the interior of "that" coffin, and then she mentioned Mikado.

Quote:
And Hata said there were three of Nagi's childhood friend. Isumi, Sakuya and the third one remains unknown. He said that Wataru is not included since he is a boy. Could Athena be the third?
Would she count? Isumi, Sakuya and Wataru are all around Nagi's age. For some reason I just cannot picture Athena being one of her childhood friends. But, it's still a possibility. I cannot think Nagi getting to know about the stones from anyone else.

Actually, I can see an scenario in which, before she met Hayate or even before she ended up in the Royal Garden, Athena used to play with Maria. Then, some time after her fight with Hayate, she got to meet Nagi. And, who knows, perhaps the three of them were together for a while?

I honestly would rather not go into further speculation, even this is too much in my opinion. I think it'd be better to see what happens. But, seriously, this last chapter just made things quite interesting.

Quote:
Sister spoke to Nagi as if Nagi knew who Athena is. And Nagi did not ask who this 'golden-haired girl' was, which proves that Nagi has idea of who that person is.
I wouldn't know, Nagi's reaction to what the Sister said was "Eh?" followed by a "・・・" which usually tend to mean either: a. "I don't know what you're talking about." or b. "Did you just say something?".
Old 2009-07-05, 02:45   Link #1405
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
I've no problems with that and I agree for most parts, but considering the people around Hayate is with right now.. it's pretty hard to imagine that they'd leave him alone. Nagi wouldn't let Hayate leave her side unless irritated or something. The trio is there to disturb whatever possible serious scene by bringing up something irrelevant or light-hearted. And don't forget Isumi which tends to pop up like a mushroom from nowhere following a stray butterfly.
And that's why I want all of them die in the hand of A-Tan Ojousama or Machina including that Yuri-pink haired-student council president-which I forgot her name and her Money leech Sister, but leave the Favorite maid unharmed. A pretty red death of course...or if the fans still love them, just give them another person to be bothered, and leave the already miserable butler alone with his 1st Love.

Poor Butler, just wait Hayate, once I found your parent's or Mikado, I'll kill them all. And put their head in the Wine Pot.
*pat Hayate head with gentle stroke*

Quote:
Most possibly the way for Hayate would be alone with her is to be kidnapped, by Machina. Let's just say that he wants to solve this problem by himself and decided to purposely be taken away.
It'll not be easy, because there is some Gay-Butler (which I want to skinned alive for my carpet) will interfere. Machina must poisoned his recent Ojousama first, Tied up the Favorite maid (with a cute heart motive ribbon,not a rope), Impaled the Lame-White Tiger, and Cook alive the head butler.

@Fandal
San is common, not so special..if Hina call A-tan "Tennous-san" it's just common, not indicating some close relationship after all

@Used Can
what the true meaning of love be in the end? it's easy, sacrifice everything for your Love one, be it Ojousama, maid-san,Butler jerk or anything else

@Tsunade66
IMO, A-Tan missing since her meet with Hayate. Not sure if she return to her parent after divorce from Hayate and then missing again till the news printed.
They use the word "Still" there
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 07:34   Link #1406
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
And that's why I want all of them die in the hand of A-Tan Ojousama or Machina including that Yuri-pink haired-student council president-which I forgot her name and her Money leech Sister, but leave the Favorite maid unharmed. A pretty red death of course...or if the fans still love them, just give them another person to be bothered, and leave the already miserable butler alone with his 1st Love.
Well not everyone deserves to die, heck if you just kill most of them Hayate would make him sadder. Hmmm, if it were me.. I'd just torture Hayate's parents for fun and stuff their mouths with money since they love money over anything.

Quote:
Poor Butler, just wait Hayate, once I found your parent's or Mikado, I'll kill them all. And put their head in the Wine Pot.
*pat Hayate head with gentle stroke*
That wine pot is reserved for Hayate's Parents in my book.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:30   Link #1407
Used Can

The hate is strong in surerman.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:39   Link #1408
9taileddemon

Surerman... it isn't good to like a manga just because you like one specific character. It almost seems like you are obsessed with Athena and nothing good ever comes from being obsessed with a manga character. There are too many chances for disappointment.

Or maybe your just violent. Either way you are starting to scare me a little. Is that your intention?

9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 23:01   Link #1409
Used Can

So, I've just checked "Heroes of the Sea Lifesavers" and I thought it seemed quite funny. I thought that one was the story Hata said he wrote about 2 indebted sisters, but it wasn't. Anyway, the main characters looked like older versions of Wataru and Nagi.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:50   Link #1410
Sixth
Hu Tao

Actually, it would be awesome if Athena just killed Maria and Hamster-chan as her grand entrance and force Hayate to marry her and make Hinagiku and Nagi as Hayate's concubine.

Hayate : Why are you doing this to Hinagiku and Nagi !?! Why?

Athena : It is normal for a Great Man To have one powerful wife and concubine...It is proven in the China history...

Hayate : Errrrrr...Who told you that?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:18   Link #1411
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
Surerman... it isn't good to like a manga just because you like one specific character. It almost seems like you are obsessed with Athena and nothing good ever comes from being obsessed with a manga character. There are too many chances for disappointment.

Or maybe your just violent. Either way you are starting to scare me a little. Is that your intention?
The word 'violent' is bit harsh, I think. I see these kinds of people pretty a lot in Asian sites posting things like this... in their personal blogs, mainly. They keep their toes in line when they are in community. But many of them put a warning like 'This post contains rabid Hina fanboyishness all over' before they start writing what they want to say in their blogs. Say, if I said everything I wanted to say in this forum, I might be kicked out before my next visit. At least, everyone would start throwing stones at me. I hardly like any characters in HnG except few(I watch the series for one certain character and the storyline). So yeah, this is community. There are other characters fans too. Let's not get too far.

On the other hand, I don't like Fumi either. Really.

Back to the topic, this week, relationship between Hina and Athena will be revealed. When I read the spoiler, I thought my speculation (the one everyone ignored because it was right behind this week's spoiler) was not going to happen, but I see that it's still possible.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:27   Link #1412
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
it would be awesome if Athena just killed Maria and Hamster-chan
Why is it always Ayumu?! ;_;
I hate you guys.

Quote:
I see these kinds of people pretty a lot in Asian sites posting things like this... in their personal blogs, mainly.
Well, posting all you want to say in your blog is fine, since that's basically its purpose, but I think in a community like this, it is better to be a bit careful of what you say, because you may make others feel uncomfortable. In addition, usually, when you start bashing characters, what you'll get is that others will start doing the same with the ones you like, and it'll end up in some sort of vicious circle. That's one of the best ways to ruin a discussion.

I think we can find a way to solve this. Like, say, if you really want to post everything you want to say, and that includes things that may make others feel uncomfortable, then put it between spoiler tags, and put some warning like "Beware: Rant incoming" or "Fanboyism ahoy!". That way, you can post your mind, and those who don't want to read it will be able to avoid it.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:01   Link #1413
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Actually, it would be awesome if Athena just killed Maria and Hamster-chan as her grand entrance and force Hayate to marry her and make Hinagiku and Nagi as Hayate's concubine.

Hayate : Why are you doing this to Hinagiku and Nagi !?! Why?

Athena : It is normal for a Great Man To have one powerful wife and concubine...It is proven in the China history...

Hayate : Errrrrr...Who told you that?
Erm why kill maria and hamster when they both can be added to hayate's harem instead? The more the merrier. Having more will emphasize the greatness of that man even higher.
Old 2009-07-06, 02:55   Link #1414
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Erm why kill maria and hamster when they both can be added to hayate's harem instead? The more the merrier. Having more will emphasize the greatness of that man even higher.
Errrr.... that's Inca, not China. Still, only nobles could have concubines back then... or should I say, they could afford to keep. Having a lot didn't mean you were greater. You were just richer. And perhaps was lucky enough to have nice-tempered wives who could stand sight of other wives.

Anyways... I'm trying to bring back the topic and it seems that I'm failing. *sighs*

Quote:
I think we can find a way to solve this. Like, say, if you really want to post everything you want to say, and that includes things that may make others feel uncomfortable, then put it between spoiler tags, and put some warning like "Beware: Rant incoming" or "Fanboyism ahoy!". That way, you can post your mind, and those who don't want to read it will be able to avoid it.
Say like, this?

Spoiler for Primuler's rants on main cast of HnG. Beware of 'opinions'!:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-07-06 at 04:04.
Old 2009-07-06, 03:32   Link #1415
Used Can

The topic usually dies at this point on Sundays, until the raw (and maybe a translation) comes out. Then it's on full move again once the next spoiler comes out.

Anyway, just to leave something for possible discussion (well, not so much), I'm wondering when will Hayate's brother will be mentioned again. If I remember correctly, he was mentioned at the very beginning, in Hayate's character profile. Then, there was nothing about him until chapter 187, in which by coincidence, he met with Yukariko. Then there was also that panel in chapter 208 with Yukariko and that person who looked like Hayate. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Hayate's brother is that person.

In addition to that, it seems that little by little we're being told many of the characters are somehow related. We already knew about Nagi's, Sakuya's and Isumi's relationship. Then Hata said the whole thing about the eye shape being a trait of Nagi's family, and it happens that Hina and Athena possess that trait. Moreover, it seems Athena knows Maria, and the latter is technically a member of Nagi's family (even if not by blood). And then there's the issue about Nagi's 3rd childhood friend, who may be Athena as well. It would seem things are becoming intertwined.

Taking back the issue about mysterious characters, Himegami still remains in the shadows. It seems he was quite skilled, as he even wrote a book about butlers, which Hayate used. Something we were told about him was he tried to steal that gem. Another thing we know is that Nagi and Maria have never spoken ill of him, in fact, it'd seem they actually cared for him. Perhaps, the gem made him greedy?

Another thing we can mention is that we've seen 2 out the the three stones of bonds. One is carried by Hayate, the other one by Wataru, and the 3 one we know nothing about. It seems the ring Athena gave Hayate had one attached to it. Is it that, perhaps, that one is the missing gem?

I guess those are the things that may be brought up in a near future. I'd also mention the Royal Garden, but I don't think the mysteries about it will be unveiled until much later. I'm wondering who that King Midas was.
Old 2009-07-06, 04:27   Link #1416
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Anyway, just to leave something for possible discussion (well, not so much), I'm wondering when will Hayate's brother will be mentioned again. If I remember correctly, he was mentioned at the very beginning, in Hayate's character profile. Then, there was nothing about him until chapter 187, in which by coincidence, he met with Yukariko. Then there was also that panel in chapter 208 with Yukariko and that person who looked like Hayate. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Hayate's brother is that person.
But Hayate's brother had black hair.

Quote:
In addition to that, it seems that little by little we're being told many of the characters are somehow related. We already knew about Nagi's, Sakuya's and Isumi's relationship. Then Hata said the whole thing about the eye shape being a trait of Nagi's family, and it happens that Hina and Athena possess that trait. Moreover, it seems Athena knows Maria, and the latter is technically a member of Nagi's family (even if not by blood). And then there's the issue about Nagi's 3rd childhood friend, who may be Athena as well. It would seem things are becoming intertwined.
But then, Hina's parents ran away because they had huge debt.

Quote:
Taking back the issue about mysterious characters, Himegami still remains in the shadows. It seems he was quite skilled, as he even wrote a book about butlers, which Hayate used. Something we were told about him was he tried to steal that gem. Another thing we know is that Nagi and Maria have never spoken ill of him, in fact, it'd seem they actually cared for him. Perhaps, the gem made him greedy?
That 'book' of his, it implies the fact that he is also mischievous person. He may turn out to be a comedy character.

There's one weird thing though. Nagi said 'The man who said he'd protect me until the end disappeared'(I need the raw to confirm this part) Maria mentioned that she had no boys around her age around her. And Maria called him 'Himegami-kun'. Which means that Himegami was around Maria's age. Of course, sometimes you use '-kun' ender for girls as well, so there's a chance that Himegami is a girl.
I think I mentioned about this in greater detail in this thread with a shot of a guy who might be Himegami from manga.

Quote:
Another thing we can mention is that we've seen 2 out the the three stones of bonds. One is carried by Hayate, the other one by Wataru, and the 3 one we know nothing about. It seems the ring Athena gave Hayate had one attached to it. Is it that, perhaps, that one is the missing gem?

I guess those are the things that may be brought up in a near future. I'd also mention the Royal Garden, but I don't think the mysteries about it will be unveiled until much later. I'm wondering who that King Midas was.
I thought Maria said there were 9 of them. Aika has one too. And I think I mentioned another gem being in the ring that Hayate's parents sold in this thread earlier. What we know about this stone is that the magic casted upon it is possibly a jinx. At least Isumi said so.

The stones seen in the series:

- Hayate's.

- Aika's

- One on the ring.

- Another in Mikado's hand (I dunno if it's the one given to Aika)

- Wataru's

-Some other people (Since Maria said that 'Grandpa gave them to the people he was interested in')

Wait... maybe the reason the bear attacked Hayate back in the hiking is because the bear was actually supposed to attack Nagi, but the stone attracted the bear?

Last edited by primuler; 2009-07-06 at 04:37.
Old 2009-07-06, 05:45   Link #1417
leoblack9

Quote:
But Hayate's brother had black hair.
If Hayate's brother and his Parents (both biological or not) seem to have a normal brownish/black hair, then where did he get his? Is he an albino black sheep or something, or does Hata likes to give his characters random hair color with few to none reasons to have so? Man, does he have the lulz in him.

Back on topic... How did you know it's black? Did you base it on the shading of the hair in the last chapters?

Quote:
But then, Hina's parents ran away because they had huge debt

So is there a chance for Hina and Hayate's parents to be acquaintances? Same moves, same actions, same trash. Only difference is that Hina's parents didn't try to sell the sisters to the Yakuza, which I guess would make a funny scene, Yukiji fighting for Hina and herself's freedom.

Quote:
That 'book' of his, it implies the fact that he is also mischievous person. He may turn out to be a comedy character.
The part about making your butler fall in love with you? Yeah that was pretty sneaky. Made Nagi burn the book by the way, forgot whether it was canon or anime only.
Quote:
There's one weird thing though. Nagi said 'The man who said he'd protect me until the end disappeared'(I need the raw to confirm this part) Maria mentioned that she had no boys around her age around her. And Maria called him 'Himegami-kun'. Which means that Himegami was around Maria's age. Of course, sometimes you use '-kun' ender for girls as well, so there's a chance that Himegami is a girl.
I think I mentioned about this in greater detail in this thread with a shot of a guy who might be Himegami from manga.
Could Maria be lying about not having boys around her? Not much thought about this topic yet, I'll think about it. And Himegami somehow looks like male, or could she be a tomboy?

Quote:
The stones seen in the series:

- Hayate's.

- Aika's

- One on the ring.

- Another in Mikado's hand (I dunno if it's the one given to Aika)

- Wataru's

-Some other people (Since Maria said that 'Grandpa gave them to the people he was interested in')
I think the gem has a hidden function and may vary with the bearer. Looks like Mikado may have a copy of a Death note in his quarters, I can imagine these people dying. I think these people pose no importance to Mikado anyway, noting that he didn't give the stones to any of the main girls or the cousins of the Sanzenins.
Quote:
Wait... maybe the reason the bear attacked Hayate back in the hiking is because the bear was actually supposed to attack Nagi, but the stone attracted the bear?
Hayate, Bad Luck in its human form. Didn't get me surprised though, i expected anything bad to happen around him anyway.

And oh..
Spoiler for Warning 1, going near, something unreal:

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-07-06 at 06:23. Reason: last minute
Old 2009-07-06, 06:48   Link #1418
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
If Hayate's brother and his Parents (both biological or not) seem to have a normal brownish/black hair, then where did he get his? Is he an albino black sheep or something, or does Hata likes to give his characters random hair color with few to none reasons to have so? Man, does he have the lulz in him.

Back on topic... How did you know it's black? Did you base it on the shading of the hair in the last chapters?

Well, yes. Hayate's mom's hair is like Hayate's color. and yeah, I assumed it from that. I dunno, maybe Hayate's older brother dyed his hair or something. Or Hayate's dad did. Dying hair is pretty common in Japan(or that's what I saw on the streets when I went there for four days and on TV).

Quote:
And oh..
Spoiler for Warning 1, going near, something unreal:

do people ever realize that you can just see the contents with single click? The button called 'quote'?

And I looked at the End of World arc again, and saw that Athena's eyes aren't pointy like Nagi's. So she isn't related. But Hina seems quite possible.
Old 2009-07-06, 08:25   Link #1419
leoblack9

Quote:
Well, yes. Hayate's mom's hair is like Hayate's color. and yeah, I assumed it from that. I dunno, maybe Hayate's older brother dyed his hair or something. Or Hayate's dad did. Dying hair is pretty common in Japan(or that's what I saw on the streets when I went there for four days and on TV).
Well I think dying your hair has no effect on your children, except if you're a natural bluehead. So if his mom is actually a bluehead then I close my case.

But in the anime, his parents are brownheads. So I'm back here again, his brother looks to me like a brownhead as well. So the only thing left for me to think is that this poor faced butler is unexpectedly the heir of a powerful family. Since Hayate's parents steal anything money related from anyone, they might as well steal a baby of a rich and powerful family and exploit it as a cash cow (which they actually did btw).

Quote:
do people ever realize that you can just see the contents with single click? The button called 'quote'?
Well sometimes some people just have nothing better to do, and I tried clicking quote and yes I could see it between the different codes.

Quote:
And I looked at the End of World arc again, and saw that Athena's eyes aren't pointy like Nagi's. So she isn't related. But Hina seems quite possible.
Well her natural eyes are just normal type with a shade of reddish maroon. Her pointies only appeared when she threatened Hayate to not trespass again.
Old 2009-07-06, 08:30   Link #1420
puppygod

Quote:
There's one weird thing though. Nagi said 'The man who said he'd protect me until the end disappeared'(I need the raw to confirm this part) (...)
Wasn't that a reference to time-slipped Hayate? From the hat incident? He promised younger Nagi to protect her - and then disappeared (returned to his own time).
puppygod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen