AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-28, 18:25   Link #1301
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Do you think that the manga is entering its final arc?
Possibly. However, we don't know if this so-called apocalypse is really going to be the end or not. For all we know, it's not going to be an all out battle, but something different. I'm kinda expecting an all-out battle though. My only question is, how are they gonna exceed the most recent battle-arc? I shudder to think what kind of enemies our heroes will face.
Old 2008-10-28, 23:21   Link #1302
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
We saw so many new wepons in the last arc, I wonder what we will see in the next one? I hope its not the final arc though cuz I want this to go into space and other planets if possible. I guess that would make it like DBZ after all...
Old 2008-11-05, 22:05   Link #1303
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Chapter 284

Holy crap. I mean, holy crap. I'm speechless.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-05, 22:29   Link #1304
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Spoiler for Chapter 284:
Old 2008-11-20, 23:09   Link #1305
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

So much to say about this chapter!!!!!

#1 From the bottom of my heart FUCK INABA!!!! besides being completely useless in missions, he is now officially a stalker and he really needs to die in the next mission!!!!

#2 The old man is one of my favorite characters and I am glad to see him muscle rider and the kid are going to live together.

#3 Kei is back in the picture I didn't expect that to happen, I was kinda glad to see her though.

#4 This whole thing about GANTZ being man made is anticlimactic IMO, but I guess thats why there are some glitches in its system. Like Kei being sent to the GANTZ room but the real one not dieing yet...

It is getting interesting and I like the way he is setting up the story like the calm before the storm type of feeling. By what it said in the last page I guess there will be some action in the next chapter. I hope

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-11-21 at 20:17.
Old 2008-11-21, 00:24   Link #1306
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Ugh, Inaba is so annoying. He's completely useless in missions and now he's a creep... Does he think talking like that will win over Reika? I honestly want to see him try being cool in the next mission and end up dying.

Kei, huh... I wonder if they'll ever revive her again.

It'd be nice to see another mission in the next chapter (hopefully) ...
Old 2008-11-21, 08:38   Link #1307
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

You know I sometimes wonder how people form thier opinions. I find Inaba to be completely realistic, he is a successful (it seems) adult man, in a country where youth often defer to people simply because of thier age even if it is one year more, much less many years. The idea that he would feel superior to kurono and insulted that everyone doesn't see it that way seems pretty realistic.
On a different note I am kind of hoping they don't get started on another mission for a while and delve into some character development.
Old 2008-11-21, 09:54   Link #1308
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
You know I sometimes wonder how people form thier opinions. I find Inaba to be completely realistic, he is a successful (it seems) adult man, in a country where youth often defer to people simply because of thier age even if it is one year more, much less many years. The idea that he would feel superior to kurono and insulted that everyone doesn't see it that way seems pretty realistic.
On a different note I am kind of hoping they don't get started on another mission for a while and delve into some character development.
Well here is how I formed my opinion, inaba might be older but kurono is more mature and more of a man. Kurono took it upon himself to train everyone how to survive, he is courageous in missions, he scored 100 points, and he changed his ways and matured. Inaba might be older but is acting a lot more immature than kurono. I can see his point of view, but it is distorted by lust and envy. Inaba does not try on missions, maybe he is not the macho type. Kato is not macho either but at least he swallows his fear and fights. I don't see how inaba can even think he could win her over by talking the way he did to her. Feelings have nothing to do with logic, when you are older you should know that very well. That's why inaba is a creep and that is why he deserves my opinion of him.

As for the mission, it can wait for a couple of chapters if we get some info about GANTZ, the factory, the owner of the factory, and the end of days.

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-11-21 at 20:17.
Old 2008-11-21, 13:52   Link #1309
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol Kei falls for Kato, she dies, another girl falls for Kato, she dies, and Kato falls for the original Kei.../lol!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-11-21, 14:10   Link #1310
Umaibo

There are still a few plotholes. I mean, unless the gantz maker is some kind of alien, I don't see how gantz can transport "dead people" into those rooms. For example, fully reviving a dead person after he reaches 100 points is kind of... I don't know, out of this world?
Old 2008-11-21, 14:58   Link #1311
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
hum , I'm not sure I follow your point...so , because he feels superior to Kuruno makes it okay for him to be a d*ckhead ?
..or we are incorrectly judging him ( and thus not liking him when we should like him ) , because it's perfectly normal for him to feel superior (when he's not) and therefore act like a d*ckhead ?
the problem with Inaba is that he thinks it's his god given right to tap Reika , the rest he doesn't care at all . Actually , I'm not even sure he cares about Reika at all , he just wants in her pants.
Inaba is the kind of person you could be dying before him , asking for help , he'd look at you and be " why should I help you ?" (expect if Reika is around , because then he'd try to impress to get in her pants ) . He's the kind to not do anything that wouldn't benefit him . And on the top of that he's a coward
Yeah , he's financially doing better than Kuruno , he's an adult , Kurono's a high schooler (Reika too). uh.. all the more reasons for him to act like an adult .

I'm not saying I would do better than Inaba in the Gantz fights , but I least I wouldn't strut around thinking I'm the best , when I absolutely am not.
I'm not saying Kuruno's god either , he was quite the d*ckhead too when the series began , but he grew up and that's what Inaba needs to do too.
And No , I'm not saying that Reika should keep having Kuruno in her mind forever , I actually would rather if she'd move on , but ...uh , not with Inaba D: .
Old 2008-11-22, 08:57   Link #1312
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

I don't like inaba either he just doesn't raise the vitriol in me because I find his character to be very typical from what I have observed of Japanese society. I guess what I am trying to say is that i never found him important enough of a character to dislike even when he did something like that because I have expected him to do it. we don't get mad at bears for taking a shit in the woods and getting mad at Inaba for being the typical guy that he is seems pointless as well.
I am sure some of you will come back that he isn't the typical japanese male, but you can see his type in plenty of manga (often as teachers or salarymen of some sort) and in many japanese movies as well. if he isn't the typical japanese male he is a type of typical japanese male a stereotype if you will and I think hirouya knew that when Inaba was created. He is in my opinion a litmus character for the others who are all strange in thier own way, he is average age, job, appearance, and behavior.
anyway that is just my take on the character of Inaba and why he doesn't bother me much.
Old 2008-11-23, 13:57   Link #1313
Dark Mage

I have actually stopped reading Gantz when Kurono chose His Ex0Girlfriend over Reika, coz as much as I liked the actions I am a big Reika fan. Whats worse it seems my worst predictions are coming true as I had a feeling that poor Reika would end up with that good for nothing Inaba and by the discussion by you guys it seems Inaba will do something heroic to save Reika and Reika will end up with him, I still dont see what Kurono sees in the girl he is going out with. Ah its good that I stopped reading this manga coz now I dont have to see Reika ending up with Inaba. Just for curiosity though can anyone here tell me what Inaba said to Reika, coz I never want to go back into reading Gantz, but was just wondering and. WHAT WAS REIKA'S RESPONSE TO ALL THIS? DOES SHE STILL LOVE KURONO? HAS SHE CONFESSED HER LOVE TO KURONO YET? I at least want Kurono to know that Reika loves him.
Old 2008-11-23, 20:10   Link #1314
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I have actually stopped reading Gantz when Kurono chose His Ex0Girlfriend over Reika, coz as much as I liked the actions I am a big Reika fan. Whats worse it seems my worst predictions are coming true as I had a feeling that poor Reika would end up with that good for nothing Inaba and by the discussion by you guys it seems Inaba will do something heroic to save Reika and Reika will end up with him, I still dont see what Kurono sees in the girl he is going out with. Ah its good that I stopped reading this manga coz now I dont have to see Reika ending up with Inaba. Just for curiosity though can anyone here tell me what Inaba said to Reika, coz I never want to go back into reading Gantz, but was just wondering and. WHAT WAS REIKA'S RESPONSE TO ALL THIS? DOES SHE STILL LOVE KURONO? HAS SHE CONFESSED HER LOVE TO KURONO YET? I at least want Kurono to know that Reika loves him.
Ok I will type it for you since you want to know so bad.

Inaba: You don't have a boyfriend.
Rieka: ......
Inaba: You'll never get anywhere with Kurono.
Rieka: .......
Inaba: as for me, I know everything about you Reika.
silence between them for a frame.
Rieka: I'm sorry, but no.
Inaba: Think about it for a second, I'm a designer! Kurono's just a high school punk.
Inaba: We're both from the room, aren't we?!
Inaba:I'm.... I'm the only person who can understand what you're going through!
Rieka gets out of the car and as she walks away there is text saying " Feelings that link, and feelings that can't connect. Hope springs eternal, even in the face of destruction. Starting with the first new (double) issue of the year, GANTZ will be in four volumes in a row.
Rieka: Kurono-kun...

There you go. Hope you come back to Gantz cuz by the looks of things it's gonna get good.
Old 2008-11-23, 21:13   Link #1315
Dark Mage

Thanks a lot MAQI Inaba seems more like a high school punk than Kurono, and I am kinda pissed as Reika never even said her feelings to Kurono, anyways I think Ill stay out of Gantz until something good happens although it has already been decided Reika and Kurno will never happen. I just dont like Tae
Old 2008-11-23, 21:59   Link #1316
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Thanks a lot MAQI Inaba seems more like a high school punk than Kurono, and I am kinda pissed as Reika never even said her feelings to Kurono, anyways I think Ill stay out of Gantz until something good happens although it has already been decided Reika and Kurno will never happen. I just dont like Tae
You know I wouldn't count rieka+kurono out. I mean this end of the world deal might bring about major changes and who knows what will happen... GANTZ is my favorite manga so I am partial. You should give it another chance IMHO.
Old 2008-11-23, 23:54   Link #1317
gaoyuanyuan1

inaba is really like Kurono of the beginning, isn't he? But he doesn't have kurono's survive abilty so I found him quite pathetic. As for Reika and Kurono, I really hope that it works out but after reading other works of this author, I think it is a low possibility.
Old 2008-11-24, 00:06   Link #1318
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
I am sorry, Inaba is a dick.
Remember how he acted in the Tae mission? He just has a personal gruel against kurono. He's tough and shit when it's a beating up kurono, but he becomes a complete pussy during an actual mission.
In a way, he is a very typical everyman that no one likes.
But the dude just needs to die.

I hope they have one more mission before the big event, enough for them to get points to revive Kei and Izumi, and maybe even Jolie-lookalike.
God knows they need Izumi's strength.
Old 2008-11-24, 00:29   Link #1319
gaoyuanyuan1

Well that dude isnot going to die easily since he is a coward, I think he will run away before that happens or hide somewhere. He might survive until the end. At least, We have some characters to hate.
Old 2008-11-25, 04:58   Link #1320
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Inaba reminds me of Kurono before he matured into the person he is now. Anyways, I think I said it before, but I didn't really care whether Kurono picked either Reika or his ex girlfriend. I liked Reiko because she was hot, however I feel that she only liked Kurono because of his heroism. In that regard, its more of idolism and admiration than love. And I tend to believe in the saying that you shouldn't get to know your heroes. As for Kurono's ex, I like her because she was the main factor behind his change in attitude (or at least a significant factor). However, she's no where near as hot as Reika, so it's kinda hard to see them together when I know Kurono could've gotten some better looking pussy than that. In any case, both girls are equally matched for different reasons as far as my preference for a decent pairing goes.