AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 21 Rating
Perfect 10 17 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-10-22, 21:47   Link #61
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I am going to need more than that to be convinced that Hamazura was in any way important to these events.
He still doesn't.
Which is why he had Dion shoved into his van.
She literally is there just so Hamazura can have something to do next volume.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 21:57   Link #62
faiz blaster

Personally, I am loving the Touma/Accelarator, Misaka/Shokuhou scenes. These sorts of friendship/rivalry of the To Aru-verse are pure gold!
Old 2018-10-23, 17:03   Link #63
Daft

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Personally, I am loving the Touma/Accelarator, Misaka/Shokuhou scenes. These sorts of friendship/rivalry of the To Aru-verse are pure gold!
Agreed. This volume's been entertaining from the get-go for me. The pace has been well kept IMO. Of course the burning question for me is how high up the totem pole will Choronzon end up being by the end of all of this. The only thing that really irks me from time to time with this universe is how much baiting Kamachi does with what Touma has only to make it unnecessary. Getting in trouble with an enemy that someone else (ie. Aleister currently) can't figure out how to defeat themselves is the only way that's ever changing.
Old 2018-10-24, 04:18   Link #64
Fortitude

Hey anyone tell me what's gong on in the current volume right now. I'm kinda out of the loop for a while.

Did Itsuwa and Tatemiya manage to found Kanzaki? What happen to the royal family? Where did Stiyl and the Knight Leader went off to? Where the hell is the useless Ollerus and his equally useless maid/saint girlfriend when England was under attack? Seriously this is the second time it happen and they didn't even bother helping.

Last edited by Fortitude; 2018-10-24 at 04:31. Reason: Forgot to ask the important bits.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 04:25   Link #65
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortitude View Post
Hey anyone tell me what's gong on in the current volume right now. I'm kinda out of the loop for a while.
There's not really much to concretely tell without spoiling a lot of things. Let's just say that it's amazing and you're really missing out on not being up to speed (and a person really should go into it without being spoiled).
Old 2018-10-24, 04:50   Link #66
Fortitude

Ah that reminds me.

A few years back back there was a fanfic called To ascend by Loopsey, where Aleister there was a woman, now it happen for real albeit him needing to switch bodies.

Then there was also ADdude story Twist of Fate where in he posted a chapter in 2015 (i think) that it was prophesied that the Academy City in this story would be destroyed. Then cut to 2 years later IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN. AGAIN. Except with no casualties, thank goodness.

Kinda funny how fanfiction writers accidentally predict the future without knowing so. LOL.

What do you guys think of that?
Old 2018-10-24, 05:54   Link #67
Keila

Quote:
Ah that reminds me.

A few years back back there was a fanfic called To ascend by Loopsey, where Aleister there was a woman, now it happen for real albeit him needing to switch bodies.
Aleister has 'technically' always been a magical girl (but I guess that's not really the point).

Fanfiction (and events depicted) and said events taking part via the original author isn't really all that surprising. There's only so much (event wise, in a holistic sense) that could ever take place in the narrative.

If someone had done 'fan art' that depicted the 'future events' of the original author in advance and it had striking similarities to the illustrator (and this would be someone effectively predicted both the author and the illustrator) it would be something very special and amazing.
Old 2018-10-24, 09:44   Link #68
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

What the hell, I like Qlipah all of a sudden.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-24, 10:17   Link #69
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Ah that reminds me.

Then there was also ADdude story Twist of Fate where in he posted a chapter in 2015 (i think) that it was prophesied that the Academy City in this story would be destroyed. Then cut to 2 years later IT ACTUALLY HAPPEN. AGAIN. Except with no casualties, thank goodness.

Kinda funny how fanfiction writers accidentally predict the future without knowing so. LOL.

What do you guys think of that?
Other posters said that if AC got destroyed there would be no major nor notable deaths back then tho.
Old 2018-10-24, 18:12   Link #70
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
What the hell, I like Qlipah all of a sudden.
She's similar to M.Worst in the sense that she is/acts like a bad girl, willing to do things that others may consider shady or distasteful and yet doesn't exploit Accelerator when he is most vulnerable.

In a way it's probably the impish-qualities that make it endearing.
Old 2018-10-24, 19:15   Link #71
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So, pretty much half way in this volume, and I have to say, this is honestly some of the most fun I've had with Index in a long time; so many character sdoing many different things, most of them fun, it always feels like something is happening.

To make a long story short:
Spoiler for Summary?:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 00:19   Link #72
Keila

Chapter 3: End

There's a certain irony in the item Aleister has turned to in what is seemingly the most dire of circumstances.
Old 2018-10-27, 03:16   Link #73
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Chapter 1: Frenzy – Welcome_to_GD_Paradise!! Parts 4-END

I missed something last time.

Quote:
“I think you’re jumping to conclusions this time. The Golden cabal also has that famous poet, remember?
Yeats is back! Aleister better watch out for stairs~

Spoiler for Reactions:

NT21's off to a pretty fun start. Shame that's probably all the screentime best girl is getting.
Old 2018-10-27, 17:01   Link #74
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Oh fuck HAMAZURA!! Are you changing my opinion on you!! Come on man!!! DO IT JUST DO IT!!!

Aleister is in deep trouble afaik, Lola was fake but the real demon all along hmm.... Hmm I need to learn and think more...

Well Touma are you done being a dumb stupid idiot, are you ready to reach out into the unknown or are you just going to be the same old same old reactionary person you've been?

So, if Touma is remembering Misaki from her smell, the honey smell, didn't Othinus smell something similar to that too? and Levinia has a similar voice to Othinus… That's three girls that are blonde with (unfortunately for Misaki) flat chest's once and a flat chest and a some what smaller chest... or so.... lolz

Yay for blondies I guess.

Now I know Kamachi went with a happy ending with Othinus, I'm sort of being selfish and wanting another one with Aleister Lilith and Lola, but apparently
Spoiler for 2nd daughter:

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2018-10-27 at 17:17.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 17:42   Link #75
Keila

Accelerator seems to have this weird skill of attracting the attention of girls that (based on age) should more or less be considered new born babies.

There are a few plot inconsistencies/holes, but I'm guessing they'll be resolved in future volumes
Old 2018-10-27, 18:06   Link #76
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Accelerator has come so far...I feel proud of how much he's grown.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-27, 19:16   Link #77
Daft

The ending was particularly poignant.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I really enjoyed this volume start to finish.
Old 2018-10-27, 20:45   Link #78
Fortitude

Goddammit Kamachi!!!

Why the hell did you give Touma a temporary nicknamed for Misaki like that? (Although i'd say she secretly enjoying it)

Now somewhere there's bound to be people getting some new ideas for a new Doujins for these two in which it literally involves sticky honey.

That aside now Aleister knows whats it like to be the pawn for once. I think Coronzon needed him(her?) to personally attack England was part of its plan all along. All the while tricking into thinking Lola is still alive, which she isn't.

What do you guys think?
Old 2018-10-27, 21:11   Link #79
Keila

Quote:
Goddammit Kamachi!!!

Why the hell did you give Touma a temporary nicknamed for Misaki like that? (Although i'd say she secretly enjoying it)

Now somewhere there's bound to be people getting some new ideas for a new Doujins for these two in which it literally involves sticky honey.

That aside now Aleister knows whats it like to be the pawn for once. I think Coronzon needed him(her?) to personally attack England was part of its plan all along. All the while tricking into thinking Lola is still alive, which she isn't.

What do you guys think?
Obviously some sort of 'sexy queen bee cosplay' (re: Misaki), possibly caught in some cobwebs to go along with the rest of her theme.

If I try to guess how the story will next proceed I'll just end up disappointed, but I'm assuming that Dion Fortune will end up 'returning' but as some sort of chibi character in a computer program (and Aneri will also 'evolve' in much the same way). That way she gets to be with his mistress, will always be with Hamazura (like Othinus and Touma) and it sets him up for all sort of random shenanigans. Maybe the world goes crazy and he gets the magic gods as well and it turns into some harem style gatcha game.
Old 2018-10-27, 21:23   Link #80
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well with the full volume translated I can now see why shmaster was so excited.

That was Kamachi's second 10/10 volume in a row and one of the best he's ever written.

There was top quality banter throughout the entire volume. Kamijou-Accel-Othinus-Aleister and Misaka-Shokuhou were particular highlights. It just worked so damn well.

The action was also fantastic. js06 called this his favorite pure-action Kamachi volume and I have similar sentiments.

Mathers was the biggest imposing threat in the series since NT9 and he was a terrific villain right through to the end. The final clash between him and Aleister definitely ranks up there in the top 5 greatest battles in all of the Toaru Series.

It was a shocking conclusion to all of Aleister's struggles against magic as and Christianity as a whole. I found it very meaningful (as Kamachi himself noted) that it was Orsola Aquinas who ended up forgiving his actions. Orsola first appeared when Aleister's background was first revealed in relation to the Book of the Law in OT7. Really good decision, Kamachi.

I haven't even mentioned:
  • Accel's character growth and his interaction with Qliphah Puzzle 545
  • Index taking independent action to support Touma
  • TouMAN confronting the Golden magicians on the roof of a carriage going at 180km/h
  • Rimea and her Curtana Lost telling Mathers to BTFO.
  • Unnamed Female Knight (name her Kamachi!!) holding her own in the fight.
  • Everything that happened with Coronzon in the epilogue.

So much stuff happened in this volume. It was such a blast to read!

Still waiting for Hamazura and Takitsubo to actually do something. Also Birdway.