5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 8.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 6.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 6.09%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.57%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-19, 13:47   Link #101
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
I got tired of reading the posts.

<redundant comments removed by a mod>

I thought the episode was great for me, wasn't the best animation but not the worse. The fact that Gai was releasing gates and Neji could escape the water prison had me excited. As for Naruto I saw his growth, it use to really urk me that Naruto use to get owned by Genjutsu's and that everyone but him could release. A lot of posters took the word growth just for power, the word growth could have meant a lot of things. Now you can't tell me Naruto releasing from a ITACHI GENJUTSU isn't growth because he sure couldn't do it before!

Last edited by monir; 2007-05-19 at 22:48.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 13:52   Link #102
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
He might not be able to move freely, as in change direction in midair, but he should be able to MOVE extremely fast, like Lee did, and like the manga indicates he was with all the speed lines.
Basically what Gai did after he opened the gate was only to Jump, he was not doing the same as Lee Did: constantly hitting Gaara, while using Gaaras body to maintain a speed

In a Jump there is a point where you cant maintain acceleration because gravity basically slows you down, and thus your speed is affected. Gai speed was presented Exactly like the Manga, except in the moment when he jumped towards Kisame, as the water tornados he used as support were fillers.

Personally I would had like it like the Manga: One panel we see Gai launching itself from the ground, the next panel Gai in front of Kisame.

Its good to note that I'm not saying I like how the Anime did it, rather that is not wrong like it is. I do agree the speed could had been done much better even if would had been different from the Manga. but with the Animation this Episode had, that was asking for too much.
Old 2007-05-19, 14:36   Link #103
ignorancia
regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master zoid pilot View Post
I got tired of reading the posts.

<redundant comment removed from the quote>

I thought the episode was great for me, wasn't the best animation but not the worse. The fact that Gai was releasing gates and Neji could escape the water prison had me excited. As for Naruto I saw his growth, it use to really urk me that Naruto use to get owned by Genjutsu's and that everyone but him could release. A lot of posters took the word growth just for power, the word growth could have meant a lot of things. Now you can't tell me Naruto releasing from a ITACHI GENJUTSU isn't growth because he sure couldn't do it before!
hey man you should take a hike cause
all the people who are posting here are doing it in a positive way and not bitching or flamming, if you like naruto as it is right now and you feel great you don't need to express hatred towards who aren't

why do people with low standarts feel hatred towards people who think things can be better...

Last edited by monir; 2007-05-19 at 22:49.
ignorancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 16:14   Link #104
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux View Post
Man the animation and art in general in Shippuuden continues to suck. It doesn't even touch the quality of the original. What the hell is up with that? It's really ruining the series for me. All these cool moments that I was looking forward to, don't even matter anymore since they will be drawn and animated horribly. Blah.
I just don't get this. They've done some flashbacks in Shippuden to the old eps, and my reaction has always been, "wow, the show has come a LONG way- look how crappy naruto looked."

I say, just wait until we get to another great 1 on 1 from the manga a la LeeGaara, NarutoSasuke, etc.- see how they animate it and THEN you can make a pronouncement on quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignorancia
all the people who are posting here are doing it in a positive way and not bitching or flamming, if you like naruto as it is right now and you feel great you don't need to express hatred towards who aren't

why do people with low standarts feel hatred towards people who think things can be better...
I can sympathize with Master zoid pilot. People like him and myself come to these episode threads wanting to discuss what was cool and how we can't wait for the next ep. Instead, we see a bunch of people complaining about what we just enjoyed- and it has nothing to do with low standards. These small scale fights were never awe-inspiring in the first part of Naruto, either. I mean, did did Orochimaru VS the two sennin really do anything for you? It didn't for me.

It's almost like we should separate episode threads for people who love or hate shippuden.

Last edited by wsheit; 2007-05-19 at 16:27.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 17:30   Link #105
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignorancia View Post

Dude how long have you been looking at these threads.....no bitching, flaming , but seriously you should read some of the older threads.

I'm not expressing any hatred(if saying stfu! is hatred then I hate everyone I know). Why watch something that brings you displeasure and come here to bitch about it, then compare it to something else, say "I won't watch it again" then next week the same person with the same story.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:07   Link #106
sayde

I'm sorry, but this episode was rather dissapointing to me. I was expecting to see some real "growth". That means Naruto either pulling off a new advanced technique, effectively utilizing Kyuubi, or outsmarting Itachi in some way. Not Naruto using a basic skill that pre-timeskip Sakura already knew.

The Fight between Gai and Kisame was pretty cool, but overall, I felt this episodes title was rather misleading.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 20:40   Link #107
EvolutionXI

^ Yah, and funny thing is his "growth" seems to only be finding out that you can cancel genjutsu yourself, and how to do it, but not actually being able to do it. In the preview we see that he's still in it, so at least his current attempt fails.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 23:10   Link #108
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Given that Gai was underwater whilst he opened the gates, which may explain why he moved slowley.
Except that when he opened the gates, Gai practically had a "barrier" around him (from the sheer force of the gate's opening) which pushed water away. That means that he was not underwater when he made the jump w/ 6 gates.

Now, I'm not sure if I can post this (just a snipplet from episode 196), but this is how Gai's speed should look like next episode.
[couic] : No, not even snipplet if the anime is licensed

Yes, it a filler episode.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-05-22 at 06:14.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 23:41   Link #109
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Have been really busy these past days, so an apology in advance for this delay in reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
(barring episode 1-2 of Shippuuden because those couple episodes are the prime example of what good pacing is all about!!!!!).
Really?- because though I was excited to have Naruto back at the time, I didn't really think those eps were chock-full or anything.
Couple of question here if I may: What exactly is "pacing" to you if this word is used to compare an average episode of Naruto at the beginning of the series?

In fact, I would really love to know how most of us that have posted in this episode discussion thread use the term "pacing" when judging a given episode to be good or bad.

Quote:
I just don't get this. They've done some flashbacks in Shippuden to the old eps, and my reaction has always been, "wow, the show has come a LONG way- look how crappy naruto looked."
And how do you define the term, "animation"? I just had to ask you this question after reading the above, especially the highlighted part. How many episodes of Naruto do you remember that had still frames during an action sequence? The answer is: before the huge filler arc - absolutely none. There has been a few horribly animated episodes, but most of those episodes had little or no action sequence -- and no still frames during a fight sequence, even in that moderately entertining Sannin fight. Naruto's strong suit always has been the animation if it is compared to other popular Shounen series such as Bleach or One Piece. After watching episode 11-14 of Shippuuden, even One Piece's animation has started to look attractive.

This other observation about how everyone that is complaining about the "pacing" of the series just wants fight-fight-fight..... well, the funny thing is that Shippuuden has been nothing but fights so far. Aside for episode 1 and 2, every single episode of Shippuuden had a fight in one form or the other. Let's see if I can name them all.. Gaara vs. Deidara, Naruto-Sakura vs. Kakashi, Kankuro vs. Sasori, and now Lee-Gai-Neji-TenTen vs. Kisame and Kakashi-Naruto-Sakura-Senile-old-lady vs. Itachi. Most of the Shippuuden so far has been comprised of one big melee.. one fight after the other without much break.

So the folks who are liking this series so far, are they liking it because of the fights after fights after fight that have been the feature of this Shippuuden? And fans that are complaining because they just care for fights and fights only, --- surely they shouldn't be complaining since there have been nothing but fights in Shippuuden? Some food for thoughts may be!?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 00:06   Link #110
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The problem with those fight is, they extending each and every fight that made the fight itself lost it sweetness. Thus the pacing suffer, take Gaara vs Deidara, it should be short and quick because that fight was supposed to make Akatsuki strong.. not Gaara's ownage. Yet they alternate inbetween the fight and Kakashi - Naruto/Sakura.. which is supposed to be long as they wittle off kakashi's level difference. And the current Gai vs Kisame, it was suppose to be fast and furious (mind the pun, because Gai was on a timebomb,he needs to free his underlings .. fast) yet the anime prolong the fight, so the episodes ends when he release =/ ( dont get me started on the episode title ... its a freaking lame ass attempt to dedicate the whole flashbask genjutsu training to it, with gai fight as a filler inbetween) .. That how I see the episode sadly.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 03:44   Link #111
Syaoran
Inactive Member

That filler part with Naruto & Jiraiya was an interesting addition ^^
The preview for the next one looked a little fucked up ^^'
I'd kill myself if Sakura comes out of my tummy O.o
Just like Aliens ... Evil genjutsu!
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 08:45   Link #112
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Ok. Back to Action.

More Jiraiya means good to me. The flashback was ok, and I can admit that it went on timing.

But the highlight was definitely the improvement we got to see for the Kisame vs Gai duel.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 09:41   Link #113
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
You know what, it's sad that majority of people are not disappointed in any fashion, as you said. Such people are the reason why we have to watch this crappy animated, filler-infested, low-budget piece of... naruto
Lol, say what? The reason why we're watching this crap instead of decent quality is because the target audience (Japanese boys half our age) doesn't care. The animation team doesn't have any obligation to satisfy anyone else, including oversea fans or Kishimoto. All we can hope for is someone stepping up with a bit of artistic integrity over there...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 10:03   Link #114
EoT
~~

That's what I definitely miss in a Naruto episode. Let's hope we can see something similar to that in Shippuden.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-05-21 at 03:38.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 11:19   Link #115
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Lol, say what? The reason why we're watching this crap instead of decent quality is because the target audience (Japanese boys half our age) doesn't care. The animation team doesn't have any obligation to satisfy anyone else, including oversea fans or Kishimoto. All we can hope for is someone stepping up with a bit of artistic integrity over there...
Evidently they do care, because I haven't seen Shippuden in the top ten anime ratings-wise lately, something even the filler accomplished pretty often. I'm still waiting to see the ratings for this episode, but I'm kind of doubting it, since 13 wasn't in there.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 13:12   Link #116
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The frustration goes both way. I some time don't understand how some of these episodes are still finding 9-10 values in the poll. Nor do I understand, how anyone cannot see the faults with the pacing of the episode. 20 minutes is more than enough time to have a viable pacing. Here, in Shippuden, the animators have an agenda. Some of us are already suspecting what that might be though a lot of others seem to be oblivious/in-denial of that little observation. One just needs to glance at the first 50 episodes of Naruto to grasp the differences in pacing from this Shippuden Arc (barring episode 1-2 of Shippuuden because those couple episodes are the prime example of what good pacing is all about!!!!!).
That's why this will be a 900 episode anime, and I'm not counting Part I. I'm one of the lame ones that finds the later episodes more enjoyable than the first couple of episodes in Part II; however, I can see in future episodes the pace is going to be more aggravating than this. It could be worse; we could be watching a Naruto and Sakura venturing to New York City to find Sasuke at the mall filler. I guess I'm not as mad as others about Part II because I stopped watching Naruto after the Naruto / Sasuke final fight in Part I. I've lived without Naruto for close to two years LOL.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:31   Link #117
7thFonon
seventh

You act like Kisame is like a genin or something.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:17   Link #118
Lendial

i would love to watch a shopping spree filler arc.

the ep itself was not stellar but at least some progress was made.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:39   Link #119
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Have been really busy these past days, so an apology in advance for this delay in reply.

Couple of question here if I may: What exactly is "pacing" to you if this word is used to compare an average episode of Naruto at the beginning of the series?

In fact, I would really love to know how most of us that have posted in this episode discussion thread use the term "pacing" when judging a given episode to be good or bad.
That's a good question. Rather than say what good pacing is, I think it's probably easier to say what pacing is not. Most importantly, flashbacks to scenes we've seen in past eps or obscene repetition of information already well-known to the viewer are no-no's. Part 1 was guilty of both of these- especially early on.

I really don't care how much fights are stretched out because I find that most Naruto fights are more about suspense than anything else. The exceptions are those rare episodes I keep mentioning with long taijutsu battles. And they're as spectacular as they are because the anime team pads them with filler choreography.

Quote:
And how do you define the term, "animation"? I just had to ask you this question after reading the above, especially the highlighted part. How many episodes of Naruto do you remember that had still frames during an action sequence? The answer is: before the huge filler arc - absolutely none. There has been a few horribly animated episodes, but most of those episodes had little or no action sequence -- and no still frames during a fight sequence, even in that moderately entertining Sannin fight. Naruto's strong suit always has been the animation if it is compared to other popular Shounen series such as Bleach or One Piece. After watching episode 11-14 of Shippuuden, even One Piece's animation has started to look attractive.
I'm having trouble remembering still frames during battle. If you're talking about characters hovering in the air, I love that. Honestly, this argument hasn't even occurred to me. Can you cite an example or two?

Quote:
This other observation about how everyone that is complaining about the "pacing" of the series just wants fight-fight-fight..... well, the funny thing is that Shippuuden has been nothing but fights so far. Aside for episode 1 and 2, every single episode of Shippuuden had a fight in one form or the other. Let's see if I can name them all.. Gaara vs. Deidara, Naruto-Sakura vs. Kakashi, Kankuro vs. Sasori, and now Lee-Gai-Neji-TenTen vs. Kisame and Kakashi-Naruto-Sakura-Senile-old-lady vs. Itachi. Most of the Shippuuden so far has been comprised of one big melee.. one fight after the other without much break.

So the folks who are liking this series so far, are they liking it because of the fights after fights after fight that have been the feature of this Shippuuden? And fans that are complaining because they just care for fights and fights only, --- surely they shouldn't be complaining since there have been nothing but fights in Shippuuden? Some food for thoughts may be!?
Meh...but none of these are "TEH AWESOME " fights that people look back on so fondly in part 1- I think that's due to the manga, not the anime, itself.
Old 2007-05-21, 18:59   Link #120
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah I screwed up and watched the super-$hitty version that malfunctioned and skipped thru half of the episode--will never make a mistake and watch that version again (They didn't even have the damn next ep preview), so from what I could make-out the ep seemed pretty good...I saw alot of avatar material for myself as Itachi transformed into crows...So all in all my opinion really doesn't count I guess >.>...