Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-13, 19:45   Link #1
Dev69
Bored one

Romance/Comedy something like...

well i posted here and got good suggestions but i still trying to find something like shuffle or suzuka that is funny but yet interesting in a way thanks if u post
Old 2006-02-13, 21:22   Link #2
lemondude
"super lemon"

Futakoi, they say good things come in pairs, that is too true in this anime.
Old 2006-02-13, 21:32   Link #3
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

That would be Futakoi: Twin Girls. Not Futakoi Alternative, which is a not-quite-sequel that uses the same characters but is a lot more action oriented with less (virtually none?) romance. Personally, I detest Alternative, but loved the first series. Most people seem to prefer Alternative for some reason though...
Old 2006-02-13, 22:35   Link #4
Swann

This genre is packed so I'll just mention one.

In the same vain as suzuka, His and Her Circumstances is a very interesting highschool romance series. The first half of it is excellent. Unfortunately its budget was lost, I think the director was replaced, and so the second half leaves a 'this could have been great' taste in your mouth. Still its one of few romance series where not only does the boy and girl get together long before the last episode but their affection grows without misunderstandings from the midpoint on. And I loved the father in this show. A real character.
Old 2006-02-13, 22:41   Link #5
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

^His and Her Circumstances is simply amazing. I consider it the best and no High School romance has even come near it. Pick up the first DVD. It's good stuff.
Old 2006-02-13, 23:07   Link #6
lemondude
"super lemon"

false, so untrue, HOHC suked, or it might be because I watched the low quality version, which is super blurry, some times can't even see the sub.
Old 2006-02-13, 23:26   Link #7
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
it might be because I watched the low quality version, which is super blurry, some times can't even see the sub.
That would probably be it. I'd really recommend the dub as well. The translation is beautiful written - I can't comment on the accuracy - and the voice-acting is IMO superior. Plus it just helps to hear the actors accentuate certain parts in a language you can understand.
Old 2006-02-14, 00:37   Link #8
Swann

Got your message.

His and Her Circumstances site 1
His and Her Circumstances site 2

It doesn't have any adventure but it really is one of only anime I have seen where the two love leads make their affection for each other clear early in the series. The plot is of a girl who plays the part of a studious popular goody-goody though at heart she isn't one. The boy, on the other hand, is all of those things and because of it he finds himself detached from his own life. They match perfectly.

For more unique and adventure romance you could try any of these. They lean toward science fiction/comedy/robot romance. I'd also add to that the anime movie Metropolis which is less about a boy and robot girl relationship but still has a similar grand feel.

Then there are romance comedy series where a tough guy falls in love. Midori no Hibi is about a the toughy who wakes up to find his right hand has become a girl. Its much better then it sounds and it ends well. Tenshi na Konamaiki has the toughy fall for a beautifull girl who was (or thinks she was) a boy. Once again a good one. Not as funny as school rumble but it has an ending at least.

Many more types and dozens of similar shows in each (some of those shows are on my still to watch list) so I'll just force myself to stop here.
Old 2006-02-15, 00:26   Link #9
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
How about Onegai Teacher?
Old 2006-02-15, 14:52   Link #10
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
I prefen Ichigo 100%, Parallel and Pastle
Old 2006-02-15, 22:39   Link #11
Monchan

Send a message via AIM to Monchan
No! Whatever you do, don't watch Ichigo 100% It's a pointess anime to watch.
Old 2006-02-15, 22:42   Link #12
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

You want School Rumble.

Nice little series there and don't forget Honey & Clover.
Old 2006-02-16, 04:35   Link #13
Crusaders
DoMz Member/Asa lover

Send a message via MSN to Crusaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchan
No! Whatever you do, don't watch Ichigo 100% It's a pointess anime to watch.
Maybe...but the manga are definite 100% better than any other ^^
Old 2006-02-16, 14:51   Link #14
MamoruUsagi

Marmalade Boy
Wild Act
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
The Devil Does Exist
Bokura ga Ita
Mars
Paradise Kiss
High School Debut
Fushigi Yugi
Ultra Cute
Absolute Boyfriend
Doubt!!
Peach Girl
Kare Kano
Missile Happy!

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-01 at 11:59.
Old 2006-02-16, 15:34   Link #15
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Aishiteruze Baby comes to mind, a sweet story (can be funny at times) with its share of drama. I liked To Heart and To Heart - Remember my memories, so you could check that out. But those are more focused on a single couple and they are not harem anime.
You could try Kanon, although it has more than its share of drama.
Funny stuff... Well, can't think of anything Most love stories have some sort of drama, so pure romance/comedy is hard to find. Or you could try Akane Maniax(3 episodes, it's got a strange guy), a spin-off from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Love Hina is somewhat of a classic, not that great but you might want to give it a try.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:17   Link #16
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
That would be Futakoi: Twin Girls. Not Futakoi Alternative, which is a not-quite-sequel that uses the same characters but is a lot more action oriented with less (virtually none?) romance. Personally, I detest Alternative, but loved the first series. Most people seem to prefer Alternative for some reason though...
You freaking kidding? Futakoi is standard harem fluff school romance where as Alternative had actual romance that doesn't revolve around the magical words like suki as the central theme. Rentarou even spells out for people at the end by quoting that even with all the silly crazy stuff, in the end it's a l-o-v-e story. What did you think all the three different ED and claymation symbolizes? DBZ?

Anyway, School Rumble is by far the best school romance/comedy imo.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:32   Link #17
shuusaku
Honinbo Shuusaku

Send a message via ICQ to shuusaku Send a message via MSN to shuusaku
what about midori no hibi?
Old 2006-02-16, 18:05   Link #18
Nayuki
Primula Who?

Lamune is nice.
Closed Thread