AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-07, 12:08   Link #1
Nitherius

FMA Season2?

Maan , I loved FMA but the ending ruined it , winry got dumped and it was so sad , they just gave up on getting back , at least Ed did I mean ... such an ending sucks , especially with the ed/winry thing. But tbh there's still a possibility that a season2 can be made, on how they get back to the alchemy world and something is threatened there or something or they can make the ed / winry thing work =)

Anyways , what ya think ? THink there can / will be a season2 ? FMA is quiet popular and probably brings in alot of money for them.
Old 2007-02-07, 12:12   Link #2
Suchi

I wonder the same thing...allready from the beginning I thougt ed wud end up with winry, but then she just kinda dissapeared...the ending ruined the whole serie !
Anyway, I read that the manga still comes out, so I wonder if someone got any rumours, ideas or anything about the possibility of a new season...
Old 2007-02-08, 22:54   Link #3
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
a movie was out to conclude the ending in the anime, as well as a special 5 mins clip that paints a very definite ending AFTER the movie.
You like FMA? read the manga. The plot separated from the anime early on and it's going very strong, much different, but detailed and complex compare to the anime.
Old 2007-02-13, 23:50   Link #4
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
definitely recommend the manga =D they also go deeper w/ the story.

no more FMA anime....i dont see it happening.....well an OVA that closes everything would be satisfying but we can only hope >_____<
Old 2007-02-14, 04:41   Link #5
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
I don't expect or/wan't to have a FMA sequel the ending satisfies me very much.....

an ova or another movie is enough for me.....
Old 2007-02-14, 10:03   Link #6
Suchi

the ending totally sux in every possible way...
Old 2007-02-14, 15:12   Link #7
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I want an ending showing the bros and gypsy escaping to a free land. I mean, don't end it with them in Germany. She is a gypsy, she is a sub human in the Aryan's eyes.

But I doubt anything else could come of this. Unless they had new characters. Not like they can use alchemy in our world.

I would like to see the bros get back to their world, but I doubt it. I just assume they made it to a free country before the war. They did have 20 or so years.
Old 2007-02-18, 13:13   Link #8
Icehawk

The ending of the TV series was fine IMO, it left things open for a potentially great second season. However, the movie killed the hopes I had. The creator seemed to decided that thoughtfull and well constructed storytelling was no longer important and decided to go with an action based and blatantly style over substance movie while slapping in closure to the great series he worked on. Its quite tragic actually.
Old 2007-02-21, 16:59   Link #9
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I really liked the movie, but I felt a lot of theings were left unsaid. I was really disappointed that they cut the ending between Winry and Roy Mustang, given their particular history.

The weird part was that for a moment in the movie, I actually mistook Al for Ed! He looked so similar, wearing Ed's old state alchemist uniform from the end of the series.

As far as the conclusion of the Seven Deadly Sins goes, I was sad that Ed and Al's father died when he used Envy to kill himself (kinda). Wrath's ending, along with Gluttony's seemed to fit well.

And now that they are in Germany (I want to say 1923/1924 or so, based on Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch references), are they going to fight in World War II?

Either way (and don't kill me for this), although I actually hope that they DON'T make another series. What would their motivation be? They would have no direction, and the series would be nothing but additional fanservice and most likely have a weak plotline. Hiromu Arakawa created and ended a great series and despite a few imperfections, I thought the movies was fantastic. Another series would only dilute FMA.
Old 2007-02-22, 11:15   Link #10
Suchi

I think that the ending was bad, but as insanity says, if there'll be more fma anime it'll most likely ruin the serier...Dont really think there'll be anything new from fma and I guess its better that way
Old 2007-02-22, 22:38   Link #11
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I really liked the movie, but I felt a lot of theings were left unsaid. I was really disappointed that they cut the ending between Winry and Roy Mustang, given their particular history.

The weird part was that for a moment in the movie, I actually mistook Al for Ed! He looked so similar, wearing Ed's old state alchemist uniform from the end of the series.

As far as the conclusion of the Seven Deadly Sins goes, I was sad that Ed and Al's father died when he used Envy to kill himself (kinda). Wrath's ending, along with Gluttony's seemed to fit well.

And now that they are in Germany (I want to say 1923/1924 or so, based on Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch references), are they going to fight in World War II?

Either way (and don't kill me for this), although I actually hope that they DON'T make another series. What would their motivation be? They would have no direction, and the series would be nothing but additional fanservice and most likely have a weak plotline. Hiromu Arakawa created and ended a great series and despite a few imperfections, I thought the movies was fantastic. Another series would only dilute FMA.

I don't want another series. Just an OVA. The best ending would be them finding out how to get back home, but I would settle with them getting out of Germany. They still have about 12 or 13 years before Hitler gains power. But I really doubt there will be anything new. So in my mind they escape to a free country. UK, US, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Portugal are all safe. Unless a new movie/OVA/season comes out to say different. I just assumed they got to one of the afore mentioned countries. But a new season would be bad. I just want an OVA or movie to completely wrap things up. No open endings. As I said, getting back to their world is best, but doubtful.
Old 2007-02-24, 09:47   Link #12
Suchi

totally agree with you tiger...but in the ending of the film they got on a car with sum gipsys, and I assume that the car will leave germany...
Old 2007-02-24, 12:10   Link #13
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It had better. Gypsies were put in the camps. And the brothers would fight for her so either they would have been killed or imprisoned too. So they had to leave the country. My guess is Switzerland as I assume they spoke German and Switzerland was the closest to that.

Or maybe the US as (I forgot his name, but our world of Fuhrer Bradley) talked about how great the US was.
Old 2007-04-17, 22:16   Link #14
artquest7@

What I vote for is something similar to what hellsing is going through right now. Basically anyone whos watched the anime of helsing and done a lil research will see that it split around half way through and ended up having a plot hole filled ending (just like FMA). Don't get me wrong I loved the FMA (anime and movie) but seriously there is a lot of things left that just don't make sense. There really isn't any more matieral (that would make sense anyway) for a season 2.. after all in the end of the movie the brothers decided to stay in "our world" forever. And since alchemy doesn't work (or atleast is extremely limited in most cases) The main thing about FMA would be gone.

So my idea is this... seek out the animation studio that gave us full metal panic: the second raid. And rebuild FMA closer to the manga (just like the new hellsing OVAs). And since the manga isn't finished yet... to ensure we get NO fillers. Follow the pattern of full metal panic by splitting the entire story into seasons ranging from 13 to 24 episodes each putting breaks in between the air dates of each arc(although comming up with an extention tittle could be annoying).
Old 2007-04-25, 16:39   Link #15
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

its been a while since ive seen the fma series but the furher isnt dead correct? They could make an anime where ed and al come back to the alchemic world and start to follow the manga plotline (from a certain point i mean)

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Old 2007-04-26, 07:40   Link #16
Rishka

Nah Mustang killed the Furher in the last episode.

As much as I looooove love love FMA, I just can't seem them doing another season with it being so neatly wrapped up. It would be just too easy to screw up a good thing. Yeah, there are things that were left unsaid or unresolved, but for the most part it was a pretty satisfying end (series plus movie of course). If they did do another season it would have to be amazingly well written with a totally unique plot line to make it work. There's no way they could just come back to their world and go basically back to what they were doing. Granted I haven't read the manga (yet!!) but did they ever get Al's body back in the manga or are they still 'questing'?

Although another movie in our world could be interesting....I know those boys well enough to know that if they wanted to use alchemy in our world they'd figure something out
Old 2007-05-02, 00:50   Link #17
TigerII
Pilot in Training

In the manga they are still questing. But it is completely different. Basically in the manga the entire country is a circle. Ed just found that out. That is chapter 67.

As for a second season doubtful. Here is what happened.

Ed and Al leave Germany with gypsy girl. Ed will probably hook up with her, but if not another chick. Not sure who all will get with.

Winry will continue to be a mechanic and will probably get a guy she is more manly than. Mustang will probably marry Hawkeye. The other three idiots will find some chick. Muscle will continue looking at muscles. End.
Old 2007-05-02, 11:05   Link #18
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
its been a while since ive seen the fma series but the furher isnt dead correct? They could make an anime where ed and al come back to the alchemic world and start to follow the manga plotline (from a certain point i mean)
The Fuhrer King Bradley is dead, but the guy from the alternate world the LOOKS LIKE him is still alive. The Jewish guy. He's still alive, I think, if I remember correctly. But Mustang definitely pwned the Fuhrer from Ed and Al's original world.