AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler-Free Threads (for New Viewers)

Notices

Old 2015-05-18, 02:41   Link #81
Arya

mmm, first of all, Shinji needs to die of violent death preferably after being sexual harassed.
Secondly, I'm a bit miffed by Saber who left Rin alone to watch Emiya. ok, he was your previous servant and Tohsaka is Tohsaka, but still as a servant it was inconsiderate.
And I didn't get well why Emiya is so sure he is different from Archer, I mean, he barely put two and two together, but he is sure to not be the same as Archer. From what I got it looked like Archer showed him what he became thanks to their ideals and Emiya refused to accept it again thanks to their ideals, but since these ideals are one and the same it's like Emiya is running exactly over Archer's path. That is a bit sad, I'd prefer him to not end that way.

About the incoming fight at this point I can see Archer let Emiya win, since I can't see any other options (apart from ending his mana) he'd win over Archer. In any case whatever, do it fast that there are more serious business right now

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 16:07   Link #82
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Best part of the episode, I thought. Long time coming, but totally worth it!
Honestly, it's a war to the death between mages and superpowered ghosts. I don't understand why Lancer would do that rather than just decapitate him in one fell swoop. Granted, that wouldn't be enough to make Gil disappear, but Lancer doesn't know that, does he?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 17:51   Link #83
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is a series that shouldn't be watched without having a bunch of episode at one's disposal. This entire episode was a giant tease.
Indeed, this is why I tend to watch in blocks well behind airing. But I caught up. I also think it needs to be hour long episode format, 25 minutes is too short for the content, it makes it really disjointed and kills all the tension watching it as it airs.

* aside: why do we have a spoiler free forum for people who know nothing of the series and a free for all forum where stuff from the VN's is openly revealed? Its one extreme to the other. I don't know where to post.
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 18:17   Link #84
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basically, if you know anything about Fate/stay night, Fate/zero, etc... don't post in this section. This is for people who are completely new to this franchise, which watching this anime.
Old 2015-05-19, 19:36   Link #85
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Basically, if you know anything about Fate/stay night, Fate/zero, etc... don't post in this section. This is for people who are completely new to this franchise, which watching this anime.
To be fair, in the spoiler thread we are posting about the ending of UBW without spoiler tags, so Fizix has a point.
Old 2015-05-20, 03:16   Link #86
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
To be fair, in the spoiler thread we are posting about the ending of UBW without spoiler tags, so Fizix has a point.
Yeah, and it's like... I've seen Fate/Zero. I know a fair bit about what happens in the Fate-route and some things that happen in the Heaven's Feel route (mostly because Fate/Zero assumes the viewer already knows those things). But I do not know what will happen for the rest of Unlimited Blade Works and I'd like to keep it that way (I was already spoiled ages ago on the fact that Archer is Shirou from the future, and if there was any plot-twist in this show I really would have liked to be surprised by when it happened in the show, it would be that one) so this thread is the only one I can go to... and it still means I have to tiptoe around quite a few things, like the whole "calling Gilgamesh Blondie"-thing... Ironically, after his name was revealed, suddenly Rin has taken to calling him Blondie as well...
Old 2015-05-20, 04:38   Link #87
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Indeed, this is why I tend to watch in blocks well behind airing. But I caught up. I also think it needs to be hour long episode format, 25 minutes is too short for the content, it makes it really disjointed and kills all the tension watching it as it airs.

* aside: why do we have a spoiler free forum for people who know nothing of the series and a free for all forum where stuff from the VN's is openly revealed? Its one extreme to the other. I don't know where to post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Yeah, and it's like... I've seen Fate/Zero. I know a fair bit about what happens in the Fate-route and some things that happen in the Heaven's Feel route (mostly because Fate/Zero assumes the viewer already knows those things). But I do not know what will happen for the rest of Unlimited Blade Works and I'd like to keep it that way (I was already spoiled ages ago on the fact that Archer is Shirou from the future, and if there was any plot-twist in this show I really would have liked to be surprised by when it happened in the show, it would be that one) so this thread is the only one I can go to... and it still means I have to tiptoe around quite a few things, like the whole "calling Gilgamesh Blondie"-thing... Ironically, after his name was revealed, suddenly Rin has taken to calling him Blondie as well...
In that case you should use this thread:
F/SN UBW TV - Discussion/Speculation for Fate/Zero Anime-Only Viewers
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 13:06   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'd say that the viewerbase of this show is very diverse in terms of how informed they are. Shoving them all into their perfect niches is challenging to say the least.

Last edited by Dengar; 2015-05-23 at 17:18.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 13:56   Link #89
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I wish this was stickied at the top, too lol.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:31   Link #90
Nymbryxion

'just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right"

...wat? -_-0
Nymbryxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:37   Link #91
GDB

Correct is objective.
Right is subjective.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:41   Link #92
Moekou
Stardust is Delicious~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymbryxion View Post

...wat? -_-0
Just because Archer is correct that this is what blindly walking the path of heroisim is likely to lead to, doesn't mean what he is doing (trying to erase his own existence and deeming his own life worthless) is right. Shirou is saying that he understands Archer's argument and the cost of the patch, but he refuses to become the same as Archer, because he unlike Archer has not forgotten the wish to prevent the hell of that devastating night from repeating, and that even if it's a path to oblivion, saving people and making a difference is worth it.
Moekou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:42   Link #93
Wandering Soul

Quote:

...wat? -_-0
Just because one is factually correct doesn't mean they are subjectively right. Archer's facts about what the path leads to may correct but his method of trying to avoid it and his claims Shirou will end up regretting it are not necessarily right.
Old 2015-05-23, 20:42   Link #94
Lorhand

Quote:

...wat? -_-0
Not what he actually said.

Well, or how someone else phrased it:

"You're right, but that's all you have right."
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 01:02   Link #95
zero7090

Is it a thing or native english speaker dont have clear cut definition distinction between "correct" and "right". In my language "correct" is associate with a cold hard fact aka what a robot would choose, while "right" is about morality aka what a human would choose.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 01:04   Link #96
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

zero7090: Interesting. Can I ask what language you are speaking? afaik in English the words are synonymous and only different when you put them in different contexts.
Old 2015-05-24, 03:13   Link #97
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
Not what he actually said.

Well, or how someone else phrased it:

"You're right, but that's all you have right."
I think "just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" covers the meaning of his words better than "You're right but that's all you have right.".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 03:18   Link #98
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think "just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" covers the meaning of his words better than "You're right but that's all you have right.".
Neither means anything, really. "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" made me think that what he was saying was that while Archer's reasoning about the consequences of Shirou's philosophy was correct, he still was not right on a moral level. Which is not really what he was saying if the Japanese translation given above is true... the much more sensible "well, you may be right, but that's just ONE way things could go". Which is also a more logical thing at this point because it implies that Shirou believes he can still avoid turning into Archer. If he thought that was unavoidable then what good would being morally right do to him? He'd still be set on a path where ultimately he becomes a force for ideals he rejects.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 03:34   Link #99
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

So, seems like everyone is on a consensus that "correct" is "right" are defined differently. While I did say this yesterday, I was told to put that "stick out from my arse", how nice. A little bit of thinking won't hurt the viewers.

I hate the DEEN's translator for starting the "People die when they're killed" culture. That isn't even the JP line and now hundreds of people are making this cliche joke with this episodes line that actually makes perfect sense.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 04:05   Link #100
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I hate the DEEN's translator for starting the "People die when they're killed" culture. That isn't even the JP line and now hundreds of people are making this cliche joke with this episodes line that actually makes perfect sense.
Yeah, I heard that the "People die when they're killed"-thing was grossly exaggerated, though what I heard was less "it's a mistranslation" and more "it makes sense in context"...
That said, for this episode I could definitely tell that the translation was off with that line. I still struggle to see what sort of conclusion Shirou even reached here though. He talked as though he's now found a way to move forward without becoming Archer in the end, but at the same time it sounds as if he's still going to do the same thing he was always planning on doing... which would result in him becoming Archer in the end... So... what has changed?