AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-04, 10:56   Link #401
Seska

Wow, i never saw that coming... Well in someway. Rafaela saved her sister... I am curious how the story will go on. And i am not the Time line freak. With a bit "correction" the Story gets more interesting, don't you agree?

edit:
and if there must be a team up. Clare would chose Riful. Because, she is a enemy that Clare knows
Old 2008-08-04, 11:14   Link #402
rukori
Bloody legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
No, not really. Clare is, without a doubt, a traumatized person whom suffered extreme physical abuses. Her behaviour is uncaring an often suicidal, rage driven, when verbally provoked. She appears to suffer from an abssesive disorder called the Oedipus complex with necrophiliac tendencies.
The sexual orientation of the patient has not improved over time. In fact, it is thought to have worsened into jealous pederasty. A youth named Raki,being the cause.
wowowow??????..
You made me dizzy... but I agree, Clare won't cooperate with loli no matter what, she's her nemesis.

@King Lycan: My prediction is that it will have no memories and Riful will make it obey like how Isley controlled loli - Fake words and promises.

@Seska: But would Riful let Clare choose her? It looks like Riful now has a special grudge for Clare after the humiliation Clare put her through. so I think it's more likely that Riful will treat Clare in a way that will make her envy Rene.
Old 2008-08-04, 11:21   Link #403
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was a pretty interesting chapter. Can't blame Riful for taking the extra precautions . Too many times things got away from her so will play this as well as possible. Making an aim for what will awaken to be strong enough to be useful, but no stronger than Riful is. Or else she will make the move to take it out before things get out of hand. Didn't think she had this kind of secret. Way to try and push the power balance to your favour Riful.
Old 2008-08-04, 11:25   Link #404
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I mean don't both luciela and Raphaela have there brains
Old 2008-08-04, 11:37   Link #405
KillerYomaFromSpace

what I learned from this chapter, is that Riful-chan is probably the last person I would like to piss off
Old 2008-08-04, 11:43   Link #406
rukori
Bloody legend

All the characters in this series have psychological issues so it's not unlikely that it will have no memories and maybe a sister complex or something...
Old 2008-08-04, 11:47   Link #407
KillerYomaFromSpace

also, other thing that I love about Claymore, is that even with the story having advanced and being developed that much, I can't predict what happens, not even in the weirdest theories I that have read or thought, came anything close to the war in the outside world, or the Rafaciela thing, I hope it keeps doing this
Old 2008-08-04, 11:50   Link #408
Zsych

Looks like Isley's plan backfired, and may have lead to the creation of a being as strong as Priscilla... which is what I expect... and I expect the new monster to escape Riful, whether or not it awakens.

I wish they'd show the sign of being half-youma. I want to see this supposedly catastrophic ugliness.
Old 2008-08-04, 11:51   Link #409
dee32

I was kind of hoping in this chapter Clare and Clarice would talk. When Galatea and Father Vincent were talking I was kind of hoping they would show what ever is on the claymores bodies. If Clare is going west I hope she stops by Irene's cabin first before some how making it to where Riful is to save Rune. Does anyone have a map of the claymore world? Also while Clare and the others are gone, I hope Clarice and Miata train with Mira and Galatea.
Old 2008-08-04, 11:53   Link #410
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

The thing that gets me is that these surprising plot twists are always based on things we have already seen! And they make sense for the development of the plot. We did not know how the ghosts survived Pieta until we saw them alive and they explained they took half a pill. We already knew all about the pills in another way, but suddenly they were developed to do something surprising that made complete sense with the story. It is crazy!

I am guessing now that whatever is on Claymore's torso's looks somewhat like the parts of Raphaela and Luciella that have merged. Many AB's have a very distinct look to them, like there are tentacles under their skin, and I would not be surprised if that had something to do with what is on Claymores. Though I imagine there will be another twist along with it to really scare people... like Teresa's smiling face as a hood ornament on Clare....
Old 2008-08-04, 11:54   Link #411
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
No, not really. Clare is, without a doubt, a traumatized person whom suffered extreme physical abuses. Her behaviour is uncaring an often suicidal, rage driven, when verbally provoked. She appears to suffer from an abssesive disorder called the Oedipus complex with necrophiliac tendencies.

The sexual orientation of the patient has not improved over time. In fact, it is thought to have worsened into jealous pederasty. A youth named Raki,being the cause.
Anoooo... It's impossible Clare suffers of pederasty, because - you see - she is not a man! (or Raki is a girl)

Still, you're right, she is too traumatized, rage driven and suicidal for her own good. That's why Miria-neesan would let her go search for Raki just if she accept two other companions to help her (more like, to keep an eye on her).

God, how i'd love to see this manga series with more pages per chapter! Now we have 5 or more different quests for next chapter:

1) Clare's search for Raki;
2) Miria and Galatea taking care of Miata and Clarice in Rabona; (i'd love to see Galatea taking Miata to know the children on the church! )
3) Riful's ambitions in revive Rafaciela;
4) The adventures of Helen and Deneve;
5) Raki's search for Clare;

On top of that, now it's confirmed all the Claymores have a nasty, hediond deformity over their belly.

Last edited by PGilis; 2008-08-04 at 12:05.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:13   Link #412
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
what I learned from this chapter, is that Riful-chan is probably the last person I would like to piss off
Riful is educated, but she regards suffering as something trivial and enjoyable to watch. She is sadistic, to the point of being sexually aroused by it. Her Eugenic beliefs are a way of life and her narcissist behaviour inflatuate a fragile ego whom hungers for aceptance, in her case, to have friends.

Until Clare appears...

To Riful, Clare is an anomaly. A 47 capable of controlling the Awakening to limits beyond normal, up to 80% without losing it? Now that`s something you don`t see everyday. But that´s not all, this 47 had friends, whom were far greater in strenght, and still acepted her. Why? This was something that Riful could not perceive.
And worse, she was tricked and toyed. A stab she could not forgive. And for that, Clare must be punished. After all, Clare is in debt to her. Because in Riful`s mind, Clare is merely alive because she allowed it so. And that´s why Clare, is hers.

I did my best to portray Riful of course
Old 2008-08-04, 12:22   Link #413
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post

On top of that, now it's confirmed all the Claymores have a nasty, hediond deformity over their belly.
we have always known this.

Half awakened beings on the other hand are still unknown.

Father Vincent saw Clare before she partially awakened and both Clarice and Miata or normal Claymores....well sorta normal.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:25   Link #414
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Yeah, we speculated it, but we don`t know if they still have it after a so called half awakening. At least we know that Awakened don`t have it anymore.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:32   Link #415
Vinak
Procrastinator

It would be really interesting if we were to give each Character a Psychoanalysis.

Could provide some insight into each character and perhaps allow us to further speculate on the storyline.
Old 2008-08-04, 12:50   Link #416
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
we have always known this.

Half awakened beings on the other hand are still unknown.

Father Vincent saw Clare before she partially awakened and both Clarice and Miata or normal Claymores....well sorta normal.
But as far i remember, regeneration rellies strongly in memories. If a member is lost, a Claymore of defensive type will regenerate the lost member as long she remember the feelings and functions of that member. That's why a defensive type like Galatea can recover her recently lost arm, but not her long lost eyes or, apparently, her belly.

According what she said to Father Vincent, we can suppose she had that same deformity common to all claymores, even being a defensive type.

If a half-awaked Claymore is a Claymore who was awaking but went back to the normal, and if the "normal" for them - as far they remember - is a human-like body with that deformity on their belly, that don't mean even half-awakeds still have that deformity?

After all, after half-awaking they still have silver eyes and blond hair. So is more logical to suppose everything else is still the same.
Old 2008-08-04, 13:01   Link #417
Vinak
Procrastinator

Father Vincent gave Clare First Aid before She partially awakened. He has never seen her torso after the partial awakening. the only Claymore Torso we have actually seen belonged to Jean after her partial awakening which was shown to be perfectly normal. Which is the reason we can speculate the abnormality disappears after a partial awakening. But this can be dismissed because her entire body awakened leaving only her mind.

Only Clare, Jean, Miria, Helen, and Deneve are partially awakened and we have yet to see what their torso's look like and it is never hinted that another character has seen them either. This leaves Galatea, Yuma, Cynthia, Tabitha, Clarice, and Miata as "normal" claymores and assumed they still have the deformed Torso.

So the speculation of whether or not a partially awakened Being does or does not have a deformed torso can still be debated.

As for the healing stuff you are talking about. I don't really understand what you are trying to say, sorry. =(
Old 2008-08-04, 13:06   Link #418
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Guys, we all are missing the point. If an Organization is willing to spend that much gold and human life in order to defeat this enemy. Then, what kind of raw power does this enemy have? To make the Org say than an Abyssal is not enough? A freaking Abyssal! Seriously!! They must be really strong, or very smart.
Old 2008-08-04, 13:13   Link #419
Vinak
Procrastinator

I'm assuming you are talking about the DOD.

my theory is that they have a very large numerical advantage. and its not that an abyssal isn't enough. they simply don't have any control over an abyssal which makes them completely useless.
Old 2008-08-04, 13:15   Link #420
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post

Spoiler for Stuff I agree with:
A vast majority of your explanation is exactly how I percieved them while reading Claymore.

On a side note, (f) supression is probably required for natural supression to occur; as Teresa; despite going a significant amount of time without using Yoki; was still detectable by the hunting group.

Teresa noted that she could try to suppress her aura, but it was already too late. (As they wouldn't be in town if they didn't already detect her.)

So Forced Suppression needs to be applied for a long period of time in order for natural suppression to become possible. Priscilla's talent seems to allow her to do this in a much shorter period of time then we would except.

Raphaela's suppression took years; hence the reason Teresa could still sense her; but later Rubel comments no one would be able to detect her; much like the Ghosts now.

Quote:
Also, one other silly thought on Priscilla's current aura. I'm reminded of an early episode of Soul Eater where Maka tries to perceive Shinigama-sama's soul but can't see anything -- because his soul encompasses the entire school/town. She can't see it as distinct because she's standing in the middle of it. Perhaps that's what Renee sensed, and why she was so surprised? Probably not, but amusing to consider anyway.
I doubt this; as anyone in the Claymore world would be able to sense her Aura as long as they were far enough away. Unless of course you are implying her Aura is bigger then the island they are living on. (Which would be mind boggling)

I think her suppression talents are simply that impressive.